Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,345 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos (54683 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Trying To Save A Bird Trapped On A High Tension Wire / Man Electrocuted To Death In Aba Few Weeks To Traditional Wedding (Graphic Pic) / Lady Electrocuted To Death By High Tension Cable In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Dobson43: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2020
shocked
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by lizabeet(f): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Non-challant attitude of the shop owners killed this young man, cry cry
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by maximunimpact(m): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2020
here in naija if u see an impending danger and warn people they will call you ITK
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Pharaoh01(m): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2020
2mercy:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/04/footballer-electrocuted-at-betting-shop-in-lagos/
It's either the owner of the shop is insane or did it for ritual purpose.. Like I don't get, what was that negligence for?
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by SpaceAngel: 8:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Next Satan will be blamed for this. undecided
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by ovieigho(m): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Really

A naked wire has been noticeably there for a long time and people just bypass it?
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Billygee2u: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Bola146:
cry embarassed They should arrest the shops owners sad
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Openbusiness3: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2020
God have mercy on me
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Billygee2u: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Mindlog:
Owner of the property likewise the shop owner who may be responsible for the wiring ought to be arrested by now for negligence, why should a dangling naked wire be ignored?
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Proffdada: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2020
RIP
So sad even when there's no light in my area cry
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Bahamas95(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2020
One of the problems of most Nigerians is negligence.

RIP to him
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Kissiemu(m): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2020
Nna men!

Where is the electrician that did the wiring?
Nna men! Let's put his head in the wire too

Nna men! Anything can kill people now are days...

Nna men! Na so I nearly die on top nkechi the other day for Jato hotel in igboelerin

1 Like

Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Beblessedbaba: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2020
Mindlog:
Owner of the property likewise the shop owner who may be responsible for the wiring ought to be arrested by now for negligence, why should a dangling naked wire be ignored?
Not just arrest alone they should be arraigned before a competent court for willful manslaughter....
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by kelmicheal: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2020
The office should be closed down how can you endanger some one lives with naked wire uncovered or reposition.
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Shakurlee: 9:04am On Jul 05, 2020
Cleanse is a gentle natural non fasting way to detox while removing harmful toxin from the body it cleance
Ur longs,liver,kidney blood,longs and ur digestive system
It support ur digestive health
It help to manage weight loss
It dexosifies the body by flushing out radicals
Pls call 09038312763

Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Onlinebar: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2020
Njirimara s*hithole
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by onegig(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2020
Nigerians lack of safety precautions takes another life.

We are so cut off from reality that we like to risk everything and throw caution to the wind.

I am sure the shop owners knew of the wire and instead of spending 1000naira which is $3 to fix the cable properly or provide insulation they chose to leave it that way. Now look at the consequences of such action.

Every single day we see these things but we choose to ignore them.

Was speaking to someone about the lack of proper caution signs and lightening on the road Hi-Tech was constructing along Apapa-Oshodi road and they made it seem like I was out of my mind. Until an avoidable accident happens and claims the life of people before there is an uproar to fix such.

2 Likes

Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by autonomous22: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Nawao.. For bet wey go still cut
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by morris477(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2020
The guy just die to leave his millions he supposed win. RIP
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Elzakzaky: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad
When we say be security concious. Don't just think it is all about arm robber and Fulani herdsmen but also it means alot of things
Anyway Rest in peace to the real niggarrr
But this won't deter we real niggarrrs from staking and betting

Because we real niggarrrs understand the fact that for every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die
And
Also for every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which gambling is among

So a big shout out to all my fellow gamblers, punters stakers, risk takers and high rollers
I must be a real niggarrr cos I make 100% of my income through betting. May God bless our hustles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by YaksonFCA(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2020
RIP. Condolences
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by JaffyJoe(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2020
This news make me sick.
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by showafrica(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Bola146:

Yes, that was a trap.. Again, some mouth to mouth could had been done to free up the nerves save the guy life.
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by wunaESQ(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2020
occupiers liability
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2020
So what if it was not his first time of passing there? And they had to wait until he "hurriedly" passed and got his head struck by the naked wire to be giving all these flimsy excuses for their carelessness Imagine, "he should have bent his head while passing" as if they put a written/warning sign to remind people to bend their heads.

They knew all along that the wire was not properly fitted but left it hanging loosely until it caused havoc. Mtchew...

1 Like

Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Jowizaza(m): 9:27am On Jul 05, 2020
How do i connect with you bro
Elzakzaky:
I must be a real niggarrr cos I make 100% of my income through betting. May God bless our hustles
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by chudez0147(m): 9:27am On Jul 05, 2020
A thousand way to die in Nigeria ... Rip to the young man
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by toprealman: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2020
Bola146:
Better still, sue to Lagos state government for negligence.
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by francismob: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2020
I love gamblers! It makes you understand life and enjoys both winning and losing emotions every now and then just like life itself. You gotta b strong to b a lifelong gambler
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Princedapace(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2020
Mindlog:

And if it is power station wire, and they have contacted appropriate authorities for the fixing and they refused to do so, the said company should be sued.

How we behave in this country is disheartening.. why are we like this? U dont need all the education in the world to cherish and value human lives. There is something wrong with us aswear.
Re: Footballer Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos by Osezzua(m): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2020
Rubbish journalism. "He should have bent his head to avoid the dangling wire". A failed system killed that guy. If the property owner, the electrical distribution company and the shop owner were conscious of the fact that they could be prosecuted for issues like this, I'm sure this would not have happened. Rest in peace footballer, Your country people killed u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Am Not The Amaka Okoro Governor Obaseki Declared Wanted In Edo" - Lady Cries / Young Boy With Backward Facing Legs Excited After Undergoing Surgery. Photos / Death In A Gin Bottle: How Nigerians Are Drinking Themselves To The Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.