Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki (47343 Views)

Jumbo Cost Of Governance: Pmb's Food Budget For Tinubu, Shettima Creates Ripples / Tinubu Rescued Oshiomhole, But Turned His Back On Obaseki - Premium Times / FFK On Obaseki: 'One Of The Most Important Virtues In Life Is Loyalty' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by SLAP44: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

You are an hypocrite. Oshiomole should have also forced his son as Edo state speaker. Confused entity

Did I hear even a bleat from you when Tinibu installed his wife as senator grin ?

Hypocrite

4 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by obinoral1179(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2020
Onemanonevote:
I strongly support Gov. Obaseki to win the forthcoming Edo gubernatorial election to kill politics of godfather. A win for Obaseki will surely end political godfathers particularly in Lagos State.
it won't end it....

2 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by oyatz(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2020
Good but the topic has nothing to do with Biafran and Edo or Lagos are not part of Biafria.

However, what is T.A Orji who spent 8 years as Governor, presently spending the 6th year as a Senator and his Son is the Speaker of the House of Assembly in Abia?

SLAP44:

Biafra is all about stopping Godfatherism. We will only recognise merit in Biafra.

13 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Onemanonevote: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS po
st=91395915:

Stop confusing yourself.
The worse godfatherism is the tax collector N6b to secure party primary. Only God knows how much Edo money will be spent for the main election
....and Gov. Obaseki was disqualified because he also refused to pay the APC tax collectors, the short ugly godfather in Edo state and his fellow ugly godfather in Lagos state.

4 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by oyatz(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
All politics is local!

You don't understand the politics of Lagos.
There are several political groups in Lagos but the Tinubu's group is the most formidable.
They have members, loyalists, sympathizers, fans and supporters
in every Street in Lagos.

Tinubu by himself didn't pick all those people, rather they belong to a group.

Tinubu is just like the Class captain of that political group.
This Tinubu's group can sometimes work with their enemies to achieve a greater goal or even turn a former enemy to an ally.
Some of the top shots in Lagos PDP are in this categories (The Tinubu's group allow them to 'chop' along the way)

Bode George godfatherism in Lagos PDP is one the reasons why the party is always having crisis and can't unite to fight a common cause.

In 2011, some PDP stalwarts blamed Bode George for picking the PDP Governorship candidate even when he was in prison.

SLAP44:

Do you know who is Remi tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanyo Olu, Fayemi and more than 100 other politicians have been installed by just one godfather in Lagos ? grin

People are starting to think that there are no more men left in a popular tribe like the yoruba grin

Bode George has cried himself hoarse about godfatherism in Lagos.

The worse things is that the godfather is not even from Lagos.

Edo is not lagos.

11 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Hahahahahahahah: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
[s]
Exc2000:

Then let Theodore Orji and son explain that to EFCC
[/s]
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by morris477(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
I don tire to they read oshiomole, Obaseki and ize topic

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by majamajic(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

Merit such as Orji a senator and his son a speaker in Abia state.
Devil is laughing at you all

Oladimeji , face the topic
Edo is it Lagos ? No , Lagos not Edo too , this is simple !

Stop ranting ! Why involve Abia here ?
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Minjim: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Onemanonevote:
I strongly support Gov. Obaseki to win the forthcoming Edo gubernatorial election to kill politics of godfather. A win for Obaseki will surely end political godfathers particularly in Lagos State.

There is nothing like godfather here. All that is just propaganda for gullible people that lacked the foresight of how politics works .
Obaseki has spent far more than he refused to spend for Edo Apc since he joined Pdp.
Is he telling us there is no godfather in Pdp?
The godfathers of Pdp are even hungrier than that of Apc because they've lost the FG

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by OPPPS: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
majamajic:

Oladimeji , face the topic
Edo is it Lagos ? No , Lagos not Edo too , this is simple !

Stop ranting ! Why involve Abia here ?
Ikpeazu don use play Table Tennis in Aba

6 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by mrkings84(m): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
I tried reading this long note but still couldn't finish. All I can say is "EDO IS NOT LAGOS"
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by janedonez(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
Crap from vanguard ng.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by majamajic(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

Ikpeazu don use play Table Tennis in Aba

Face the topic , u can equally be silent if u Don't have anything to say about topic , thanks
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Villagemeat: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
omenka:
The most confused living being on the planet.

One minute you're running all over the place screaming "biafra or death", next minute you're dying for the party of Tax Collectors.

It is a pity.
You making no sence in you comment,hope you don't see Sunday rice chop
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by BERNIMOORE: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Islie:

By Collins Omorege
[s]Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and his associates in Edo All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftains must have been unhappy about the drama in the ruling party at the federal level that terminated his leadership

But their sadness could be compounded if the APC does not deliver Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu in the state governorship election on September 19.

If Governor Godwin Obaseki is re-elected on that date, it will be double tragedy for the Edo APC chieftains.

It will be recalled that Oshiomhole and his die-hard supporters had helped Obaseki to succeed him as governor in 2016 against all odds.

But they soon fell apart, fought for the control of APC in Edo and the governor engineered the suspension of Oshiomhole at his Etsako West Ward.

Oshiomhole has now been sacked as APC National Chairman.

Journey

Both Obaseki and Ize-Iyamu went through a tough time to secure the governorship tickets of the two major political parties in the country to contest the Edo election in September.

Both men even had to switch parties as Ize-Iyamu moved dramatically from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to APC, while Obaseki left APC for the PDP.

In 2016, supporters of APC rooted for Ize-Iyamu before Oshiomhole turned the table against him, despite the fact that Ize-Iyamu led his 2012 re-election campaign.

Obaseki was considered an outsider in the APC but was recruited into Oshiomhole’s administration as a technocrat from the banking sector.

Obaseki, once a confidant, has now become Oshiomhole’s worst political enemy.

He was eventually disqualified from contesting in the APC governorship primary, a situation that forced him to defect to the PDP.

Securing the PDP ticket was not an easy task for the governor as some of the aspirants of the party vowed not to step down for him.

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, who initially backed Obaseki’s defection to the PDP, angrily pulled out of the process while accusing some PDP leaders of trying to blackmail him because of the Edo governor.

Spokesman for Obaseki, Crusoe Osagie, however, insisted that his principal did not pay money to secure the PDP ticket.

This was a party that previously attacked Obaseki’s educational certificates as fake now kowtowing to the governor.

“He claimed he entered the university the year he left secondary school. How could he have gained admission with such result? The result was not even good enough for any form of preliminary studies”, Mr Orbih, the PDP leader in Edo, had said ahead of the 2016 election in the state.

“This can only mean that Obaseki forged the certificates to gain admission. It is obvious that the man has no academic qualifications as he had only three credits”.

APC, at the time, defended Obaseki’s certificates but has now effectively deployed the same claim to scuttle his re-election on its platform while praising Ize-Iyamu to high heavens.

“If you remember, Pastor Ize-Iyamu was my DG (Director-General of my campaign organisation) in 2012, (my) second term,” Oshiomhole proudly said in December 2019 after a rally to welcome Ize-Iyamu back to APC.

“I won in all the 18 local government areas. I won all the wards in Edo South. I scored 74.6 per cent in the total votes cast. In 2016, the man left us and stood against us, we only managed to defeat him with about 50,000 votes.

“So, if he is bringing on board, as he has done, his goodwill, his energy, his resourcefulness, and his electoral base to join the APC, I am much more confident now about APC continuous hold on the governance of this state than ever before”.

On the part of the PDP, the last of the three governorship aspirants to step down for Obaseki was Kenneth Imasuagbon, a legal practitioner who said he spent the past 16 years to work on his ambition to “serve” Edo people and it would amount to a political coup if Obaseki was given a waiver by the PDP to contest the election.

Imasuagbon said before the Edo PDP primary election: “If there is anyone who should step down for the other, it is Obaseki”.

He eventually stepped down at the venue of the primary, saying; “Obaseki is a performing governor, he has worked hard for the state, he was distracted by godfathers while he was in APC.”

Permutations

The sack of Oshiomhole as APC Chairman could have been tagged an advantage for Obaseki in the forthcoming election but could propel Oshiomhole to fight with all his might and with everything he could possibly deploy to his candidate’s advantage (Ize-Iyamu).

Also, incumbency factor could work for Obaseki, but Ize-Iyamu would bank on the ‘federal might’.

Another big factor in favour of Ize-Iyamu is the statement credited to a former spokesman for the presidential candidate of the PDP in the 2019 general elections, Atiku Abubakar, Prince Kassim Afegbua, vowing to support Ize-Iyamu against Obaseki who, he said, the PDP had branded a failure only now to come round to appoint him as the leader of the party in Edo.

“We will join hands collectively with the APC candidate to ensure that Godwin Obaseki does not return. I am PDP member, but I will vote APC”, Afegbua was quoted as saying.

“A man with the humility of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu is better than a governor who fights everyone who disagrees with him.

“Edo has become too polarised over avoidable and needless battles. Let us have a new leadership that will usher in quiet and peace to everyone.

“The noises from the Obaseki aspiration have become too polluting and cannot be in the best interest of anyone”.

Afegbua, who earlier backed Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama for the PDP governorship ticket, said Ogbeide-Ihama ought to have stuck to his guns by running in the primary election.

“How can someone who did not buy nomination form, who came in when sale of forms had closed, screening had closed, congresses for the election of delegates had closed, and, all of a sudden, rules were bent to accommodate him and made to become the candidate?

“Only yesterday, Edo PDP scored Obaseki F9 in its sectoral analyses, and, today, the same man, who scored F9 all through in terms of performance, has suddenly become the head of the PDP corner.

“A governor who PDP challenged in 2016 for discrepancies in his submissions has suddenly become the candidate of the party. How do you explain such scenario? For me, I still hold the view that Ogbeide-Ihama had better opportunity to pull through if they had allowed Obaseki to settle for another party.

“It would have been a matter of three candidates and PDP would have had a better grip. I was shocked to see all three aspirants stepped down in the face of pressure.

“Even Kenneth Imasuangbon, who was shouting on top of his voice that he would pull through, buckled suddenly and swallowed his misplaced pride”.

Another factor against the re-election of Obaseki is the call for probe by a group in an open letter to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to investigate PDP/Obaseki on the primary election.

A non-governmental organization, in the letter, asked the EFCC to probe huge sums Obaseki allegedly deployed to get the PDP governorship ticket.

Political observers interpreted the alleged ‘huge sums’ as what Governor Wike was referring to when he tagged some people in the PDP leadership as “tax collectors”.

While some distant observers feel it is difficult to predict the outcome of the Edo election, many analysts say for Oshiomhole to regain relevance in APC, the Edo election is a must win for Ize-Iyamu who is also an experienced politician with a strong connection with voters across party lines[/s].

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/edo-2020-ripples-over-pdp-u-turn-on-obaseki/
Trash who is reading all this junk? Just because Obaseki and Giedom sacked oshiomole and hand over to.Bunu.

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
yinkus6750:

Ambode worked so well, yet was rejected.
Let the election be free and fair, one man, one vote,and the people's will should prevail in the end.
Fantastic!! cool cool
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ogbonti: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
yinkus6750:
No difference between Iyamu and Obaseki
The difference is just the platform they using.
Obaseki didn't do well on his first term.
Ambode worked so well, yet was rejected.
Let the election be free and fair, one man, one vote,and the people's will should prevail in the end.

APC NEWEST PROPAGANDA

APC and PDP are all the same thing - like a child who fails and cried him - everyone failed in my class, trying to mask his olodo status

and GGO and POI are different people - Edo is not Lagos!
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
What a bias writeup. Its glaring from the editorial point of view.

Point of correction...APC would sleep and snor in court over obadeki's certificate issue because they weren't forged. Sonebody can't be so mean and confident without a reason. The same man whose HSC, NYSC and Degree certificates were said to have been questionable had been cleared by the bodies who issued them This time, he had presented a CORRECTED copy of the certificate as obtained from the NYSC. He also presented WAEC certificate which he didn't present the first time instead of the controversial HSC. UI had come to the public to say, he was their student and graduated with the same result,same year. I wish this issue was raised when oshiomohle was governor. He would have been kicked out because he didn't have one. Obaseki had his waec before he entered UI and same was qualified enough for a degree course according to a serving professor of same institution whom I approached on the matter recently.

My uncle entered university with 4 credits late 70s . Up till 2009, FUT Minna was admitting with 4 credit passes. Nowadays it's no more the case because the competition is high , same with the number of candidates wanting to enter the universities. In my time, there was nothing like post jamb. Just meet the cut off point with 5 credit passes in o'level and you'd be admitted on merit. To attain cut off point in those days wasn't easy to come by. Many wrote jamb and waec up to 3 times before finally making it. Some combined GCE with waec to make up the 5 credit passes in my time and they still got admitted. The reverse is the case nowadays. Obaseki's O'Level result qualified him for admission in his time as confirmed by this professor.

Everybody should just rest this edo case and allow the candidates flex their muscle. Unlike other states, edo people don't sell their conscience. They would collect your money and still do their wish and if you dare harass them, they'd show you their cutlass from inside their clothe . If obaseki deserves it, edo people would not come to nairaland to seek people's opinion whether to vote him or not. If they believe in Ize-iyamu, even if obaseki spent his last kobo, they'd still vote ize-uyamu. Edo people are quite different from others in reasoning. They voted oshiomohle and dumped the presidential candidate of his party. In like-manner, voted obaseki but dumped buhari in spite of federal presence and money spent with popularity of the party at the state level. That's edo for you. Whoever wins should be supported, election no be war. Good luck to all the candidates.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ajl: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
“He claimed he entered the university the year he left secondary school. How could he have gained admission with such result?

It was very possible to gain admission in the year you completed secondary school. I suppose the individual that wrote this belong to the 6-3-3-4 or junior high or senior high school generation, and not among the generations that went through the 5-years secondary school system. I am really not familiar with Nigeria educational system anymore especially all the new complications with admission procedures but back in the days we used to get admission the same year we finished secondary school. I can name many classmates who did as well. I am talking about mid-80s to late 80s, and before then. And Obaseki completed high school before mid-80s. In fact I got a letter of admission the same year I finished secondary school. Many of us already sat for GCE at Class 4 (Form 4) before we did WASCE in our last year at Class 5. Many already met the credit requirements even at Class 4, and sat for JAMB before the end of our last school year. And it was posdible to combine result for GCE and WASCE, to meet the minimum requirements. I sense tha'ts what Obaseki did. Maybe he lost one of the results documents.. If I could remember, JAMB used to be around March of every year, and last day of secondary school year was around June/July. While university first semester used to start around September/October, and universities even admit students up to early December in case of students with some complications with the admission processes. In my case, I got a letter of admission the same year I completed high school but my name did not show up on the university of Ibadan list. Then the cutoff mark for basic science courses like Botany, Microbiology, Chemistry or Zoology was around 230-240, though it varied with years. If you don't score close to or above 300, you can't be admitted into Medicine degree. I had two classmates that got admitted into Medicine program at Unilag the same year we finished high school. And these guys already met the credit requirements from GCE exam they sat for in Class 4.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by OsusuBishop(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
The OP also failed to mention that Oshomole and APC had accused Ize Iyamu of stealing about NGN 700 million, and called him all sort of names including fake pastor during the 2016 election.

Oshomole even asserted that he couldn't give Ize Iyamu any position (not even a board), because he's a thief. Even though the later was his re-election campaign DG.

So you see, neither Ize Iyamu or Obaseki is a saint. Even Oshomole doesn't come close.

2 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by mrmannothot: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:
The only thing we must remember, is that one man who calls himself the Godfather shouldn't interfere in governance. Oshimole should go and intensity his efforts at getting a child from Lara. (His biggest investment or wastepipe) grin

Edo is not Lagos.
haba you are wicked oh so osho can't be resourseful in bed but he is in edo i'm wondering how.

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ChoCho54(f): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

You are right. Edo is not Lagos. Lagos does not elect a Gov with 3 credit.
They elect the ones with psychiatric records
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Gee64: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
Too many youths with hot blood here.

Don't allow politicians to use and dump you again.

Obaseki leads! We've had enough of the go-and-die ex-governor.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ChoCho54(f): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

Stop confusing yourself.
The worse godfatherism is the tax collector N6b to secure party primary. Only God knows how much Edo money will be spent for the main election
You are scared of N6b change in the pocket but hailed truck loads of cash shared in burdillon for 2019 elections.

Hypocrito!

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ChoCho54(f): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

So said a confused Benue man and a yoruba man grin
Is omenka a half caste? grin

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ictplotter(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

You are right. Edo is not Lagos. Lagos does not elect a Gov with 3 credit.
A 3 credits governor, is still far better than the drugs Baron of burdillion.
Edo is not Lagos.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ChoCho54(f): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

Devil is ashamed of you. One minute Biafra or death. Another minute give is leferedum, another minute give us the President slot unopposed.
Why are you this confused?
So? Must you kill yourself for that? Must you die Young?

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ChoCho54(f): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

Devil is ashamed of you people.
Orji a senator, his son a speaker of house of assembly in Abia state
Kalu a senator
Abaribe from deputy gov in 1999 to 4 time senator

How confused are you people?
But one man named Tinubu has held down an entire race since 1999, when will you liberate yourself?
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Openbusiness3: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
The same Obaseki that PDP was critical against when he was an APC governor has now become the virgin bride of PDP because he switch to their side. And the same Ize Iyamu that was thrashed by Osho baba that the guy is this and that is suddenly the wonderful husband that APC has married. This is a perfect example of why the youths should not waste their lives for nothing. APC and PDP na the same thing, and they are not fighting for Nigeria progress, the are fighting for their own pocket and interest

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Rabiu Biyora Defects To PDP, Received By Atiku (Pics) / What Bandits Told Us Before We Found Nabeeha’s Corpse – Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.