Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki (47602 Views)

Jumbo Cost Of Governance: Pmb's Food Budget For Tinubu, Shettima Creates Ripples / Tinubu Rescued Oshiomhole, But Turned His Back On Obaseki - Premium Times / FFK On Obaseki: 'One Of The Most Important Virtues In Life Is Loyalty' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by zoedew: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Oshiomhole must carry the can.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by ChoCho54(f): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
oyatz:
All politics is local!

You don't understand the politics of Lagos.
There are several political groups in Lagos but the Tinubu's group is the most formidable.
They have members, loyalists, sympathizers, fans and supporters
in every Street in Lagos.

Tinubu by himself didn't pick all those people, rather they belong to a group.

Tinubu is just like the Class captain of that political group.
This Tinubu's group can sometimes work with their enemies to achieve a greater goal or even turn a former enemy to an ally.
Some of the top shots in Lagos PDP are in this categories (The Tinubu's group allow them to 'chop' along the way)

Bode George godfatherism in Lagos PDP is one the reasons why the party is always having crisis and can't unite to fight a common cause.

In 2011, some PDP stalwarts blamed Bode George for picking the PDP Governorship candidate even when he was in prison.

Forget..so many prisoners have won election in this country
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Kaa4(m): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Your contribution is perfect jare, remain blessed. may the better man win. Only that Edo people are still faced with the same choice. No new people.
fairfora:
What a bias writeup. Its glaring from the editorial point of view.

Point of correction...APC would sleep and snor in court over obadeki's certificate issue because they weren't forged. Sonebody can't be so mean and confident without a reason. The same man whose HSC, NYSC and Degree certificates were said to have been questionable had been cleared by the bodies who issued them This time, he had presented a CORRECTED copy of the certificate as obtained from the NYSC. He also presented WAEC certificate which he didn't present the first time instead of the controversial HSC. UI had come to the public to say, he was their student and graduated with the same result,same year. I wish this issue was raised when oshiomohle was governor. He would have been kicked out because he didn't have one. Obaseki had his waec before he entered UI and same was qualified enough for a degree course according to a serving professor of same institution whom I approached on the matter recently.

My uncle entered university with 4 credits late 70s . Up till 2009, FUT Minna was admitting with 4 credit passes. Nowadays it's no more the case because the competition is high , same with the number of candidates wanting to enter the universities. In my time, there was nothing like post jamb. Just meet the cut off point with 5 credit passes in o'level and you'd be admitted on merit. To attain cut off point in those days wasn't easy to come by. Many wrote jamb and waec up to 3 times before finally making it. Some combined GCE with waec to make up the 5 credit passes in my time and they still got admitted. The reverse is the case nowadays. Obaseki's O'Level result qualified him for admission in his time as confirmed by this professor.

Everybody should just rest this edo case and allow the candidates flex their muscle. Unlike other states, edo people don't sell their conscience. They would collect your money and still do their wish and if you dare harass them, they'd show you their cutlass from inside their clothe . If obaseki deserves it, edo people would not come to nairaland to seek people's opinion whether to vote him or not. If they believe in Ize-iyamu, even if obaseki spent his last kobo, they'd still vote ize-uyamu. Edo people are quite different from others in reasoning. They voted oshiomohle and dumped the presidential candidate of his party. In like-manner, voted obaseki but dumped buhari in spite of federal presence and money spent with popularity of the party at the state level. That's edo for you. Whoever wins should be supported, election no be war. Good luck to all the candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by eleko1: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
oyatz:
Good but the topic has nothing to do with Biafran and Edo or Lagos are not part of Biafria.

However, what is T.A Orji who spent 8 years as Governor, presently spending the 6th year as a Senator and his Son is the Speaker of the House of Assembly in Abia?

My neighbors told me dat those pipu like slavery.confirmed

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Ruggedniggaone: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mace0lane:
presumably your bigoted father tot u how to recognize that so it is safe to say he is a legendary fool right ?!
ask your father that question when you get home
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by zoedew: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
What is the antecedent of Iyamu in government? What is the antecedent of Obaseki in government? Who is corrupt as between the two?
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Kindledlight(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/edo-2020-ripples-over-pdp-u-turn-on-obaseki/

I got this feelings that obviously PDP is deceiving Mr.Edo no be Lagos.They are just interested in his billions just like the “Living Ancestor “ told us few days ago.No problem September 19th is around the corner.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Kindledlight(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

There are no Godfatherism in Igboland . If Theodore orji interfere in Abia government, we treat him like we treated Rochas.

Pls how did you treat Rochas?

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Kindledlight(m): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
oyatz:
All politics is local!

You don't understand the politics of Lagos.
There are several political groups in Lagos but the Tinubu's group is the most formidable.
They have members, loyalists, sympathizers, fans and supporters
in every Street in Lagos.

Tinubu by himself didn't pick all those people, rather they belong to a group.

Tinubu is just like the Class captain of that political group.
This Tinubu's group can sometimes work with their enemies to achieve a greater goal or even turn a former enemy to an ally.
Some of the top shots in Lagos PDP are in this categories (The Tinubu's group allow them to 'chop' along the way)

Bode George godfatherism in Lagos PDP is one the reasons why the party is always having crisis and can't unite to fight a common cause.

In 2011, some PDP stalwarts blamed Bode George for picking the PDP Governorship candidate even when he was in prison.

Sir we need you here always to educate some people about Lagos politics.Most people do not know that there is a powerful group that shops for Governorship candidates called GOVERNOR’S ADVISORY COUNCIL that has people like Cardinal Odumbaku,mhen o thick i swear.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
yinkus6750:
No difference between Iyamu and Obaseki
The difference is just the platform they using.
Obaseki didn't do well on his first term.
Ambode worked so well, yet was rejected.
Let the election be free and fair, one man, one vote,and the people's will should prevail in the end.

Ambode worked so well but performed badly. It is not enough to work hard but you must work smart. The negligence of Ambode will take Lagos 16 years to clear.

The EDO terrain is very uncivilized and rural compared to the situation in Lagos and even Ogun. I only sympathise with Oshiomhole and Iyamu. At Osun, while Omisore was in Prison over the death of Bola Ige, he contested for Senate and won.During the last gubernatorial election at Osun, during the rerun election, he became the wanted bride to both the APC and PDP, his constituency can never leave him or betray him even with billions of Naira. Dino Melaye from Yoruba speaking area of Kogi State is another example. Yahaya Bello can never manipulate his ward at any cost to humiliate him, the Okun people despite Dino's truancy and shortcomings will never succumb. Faleke & Smart Adeyemi knows it is not possible. In my State Ogun, Dapo Abiodun cannot try an impossibility by using Senator Amosun's ward to humiliate him even with the entire State money, the Owu people of Ogun State can never accept. A governor in those quoted scenarios cannot refuse inauguration of elected representatives without a chaos. In rural settlement anything can happen.

A man's enemy shall be people of his household. They are the ones being used by the enemies outside to kill people Star and Glory. My people for Etsako, una well-done for yonder. I hail o! How the election go be? Make una leave APC follow Shuaibu - Obaseki boy go PDP.I think una don finish the work wey Obaseki send una for APC, make una follow am go PDP o. No be Adam Star una kill o, na the future generation una do.

1 Like

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Jesusloveyou: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:
The only thing we must remember, is that one man who calls himself the Godfather shouldn't interfere in governance. Oshimole should go and intensity his efforts at getting a child from Lara. (His biggest investment or wastepipe) grin

Edo is not Lagos.
it is slowpoke obaseki that is deceiving you ipob that oshomole is godfather, because he has failed Edo people.

slowpoke obaseki did not call oshomole godfather in 2016.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Misterdhee1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
AntonVince:

...and you spend your entire life adulating one Bourdillon-based Tithe Collector in Lagos.
cheesy
Yet you will die to pay tax to the same man in that same Lagos rather than in your villages grin
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Jesusloveyou: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
babaolofin:

Ambode worked so well but performed badly. It is not enough to work hard but you must work smart. The negligence of Ambode will take Lagos 16 years to clear.

The EDO terrain is very uncivilized and rural compared to the situation in Lagos and even Ogun. I only sympathise with Oshiomhole and Iyamu. At Osun, while Omisore was in Prison over the death of Bola Ige, he contested for Senate and won.During the last gubernatorial election at Osun, during the rerun election, he became the wanted bride to both the APC and PDP, his constituency can never leave him or betray him even with billions of Naira. Dino Melaye from Yoruba speaking area of Kogi State is another example. Yahaya Bello can never manipulate his ward at any cost to humiliate him, the Okun people despite Dino's truancy and shortcomings will never succumb. Faleke & Smart Adeyemi knows it is not possible. In my State Ogun, Dapo Abiodun cannot try an impossibility by using Senator Amosun's ward to humiliate him even with the entire State money, the Owu people of Ogun State can never accept. A governor in those quoted scenarios cannot refuse inauguration of elected representatives without a chaos. In rural settlement anything can happen.

A man's enemy shall be people of his household. They are the ones being used by the enemies outside to kill people Star and Glory. My people for Etsako, una well-done for yonder. I hail o! How the election go be? Make una leave APC follow Shuaibu - Obaseki boy go PDP.I think una don finish the work wey Obaseki send una for APC, make una follow am go PDP o. No be Adam Star una kill o, na the future generation una do.
nonsense.
where were shaibu when could not win his ward until oshomole came to help him and elevated him to deputy governor.
shaibu case is already settled, the guy will look for forgiveness, he will not see forgiveness.

oshomole is like buhari in Edo north.
only 5 were able to be deceive by shaibu to suspend oshomole.

in case of slowpoke obaseki, he can't even win his poling unit, ward, oredo and Edo south.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Web2020: 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Say no to bad governance in Edo State

During Oshiomhole administration, almost all decent people and decent companies ran out of Edo State. Those that leave abroad were afraid of coming home. The State was overwhelmed by taut (agberu). There was a complete break down of law and order.

Obaseki has worked hard to stamp out those criminality (though not fully there yet). Oshiomhole and his tout said they are taking us back there. God and the good people of Edo State will never allow. Tinubu can never dictate what will happen in Edo state - never.

Oshiomhole told us that Ize-Iyamu is a courtist and he was sent out of Uniben. I Call on all well meaning Edolite, do not fall for the evil Oshiomhole and Tinubu is planning to visit on Edo State. Reject them, reject their evil money.

Today, you can buy your land in Edo and build without stress. No more selling of one Parcel of land to more than one person. With 50k you get your Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) in Edo State which has helped many businesses to obtain loans from Banks to expand their business. Good governance is not to put food in your table, good governance is to create an enabling environment for businesses to flourish, for people to go about their business without fear of molestation or being killed.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by osusuallstars: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
EDO NO BI LAGOS
EVEN OSHIOMOLE WITH HIS ROTTEN MOUTH HAS FINISHED IZE IYAMU.
HE POUR A MAN ACID,
HE IS A THIEF AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH EDO TREASURY
NOTHING ON HIS CV EXCEPT PA TO IGBENEDION
NO BI BARRISTER

ETC
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Agugbadin: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
yinkus6750:
No difference between Iyamu and Obaseki
The difference is just the platform they using.
Obaseki didn't do well on his first term.
Ambode worked so well, yet was rejected.
Let the election be free and fair, one man, one vote,and the people's will should prevail in the end.

Ambode did not work well, all the road projects he inherited were abandoned and left to fall apart.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Fools in power
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Unigrad: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
osusuallstars:
EDO NO BI LAGOS
EVEN OSHIOMOLE WITH HIS ROTTEN MOUTH HAS FINISHED IZE IYAMU.
HE POUR A MAN ACID,
HE IS A THIEF AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH EDO TREASURY
NOTHING ON HIS CV EXCEPT PA TO IGBENEDION
NO BI BARRISTER

ETC

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Mace0lane: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
ask your father that question when you get home
What's the point of asking any other person when it is glaring what is what your bigoted father is.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by GeneralPula: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

There are no Godfatherism in Igboland . If Theodore orji interfere in Abia government, we treat him like we treated Rochas.

Damn.. No wonder you’re like this!

Spit!!!
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Tareq1105: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

Biafra is all about stopping Godfatherism. We will only recognise merit in Biafra.

Can you tell us that one man recognized as the political leader of the South East?

Who? None.

South West : Jagaban Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (though not a perfect human being).

You need a leader to be able to speak with one voice.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Tareq1105: 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Web2020:
Say no to bad governance in Edo State

During Oshiomhole administration, almost all decent people and decent companies ran out of Edo State. Those that leave abroad were afraid of coming home. The State was overwhelmed by taut (agberu). There was a complete break down of law and order.

Obaseki has worked hard to stamp out those criminality (though not fully there yet). Oshiomhole and his tout said they are taking us back there. God and the good people of Edo State will never allow. Tinubu can never dictate what will happen in Edo state - never.

Oshiomhole told us that Ize-Iyamu is a courtist and he was sent out of Uniben. I Call on all well meaning Edolite, do not fall for the evil Oshiomhole and Tinubu is planning to visit on Edo State. Reject them, reject their evil money.

Today, you can buy your land in Edo and build without stress. No more selling of one Parcel of land to more than one person. With 50k you get your Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) in Edo State which has helped many businesses to obtain loans from Banks to expand their business. Good governance is not to put food in your table, good governance is to create an enabling environment for businesses to flourish, for people to go about their business without fear of molestation or being killed.

Tinubu is your headache. What has he done to you? When was the last time you saw Tinubu in Edo? Mention APC and leave Tinubu out of your pains. Is it a sin for Tinubu to support the position of his Party?

Since C of O became #50,000 how many houses have you built? In fact, how many C of O has he signed to date? You think we don't know what's going on in the Lands Registry?

How many people were empowered not to talk of having enough to build houses?

You said good governance is not about putting food on people's table but creating enabling environment for business.

But you will agree with me that government must provide facilities including soft loan for SME to thrive. Obaseki failed in this sector.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by rummmy: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
omenka:
The most confused living being on the planet.

One minute you're running all over the place screaming "biafra or death", next minute you're dying for the party of Tax Collectors.

It is a pity.
allow him leave his life, face your own
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Unigrad: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
omenka:

One minute you're running all over the place screaming "biafra or death", next minute you're dying for the party of Tax Collectors.

It is a pity.
He is such a stupid taughtless reactionist.
With very low political IQ.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Didi2d(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
babaolofin:

I have thought about this before, the people that were used by obaseki in oshomole's ward forgot that obaseki is not from etsako. So who's at lost here, they're the one!
Oshiomole as a national chairman would have been a blessing to his state, local govt even his ward. I mean, in this time having your son or daughter in the federal powers isn't a bad thing, but some people were fooled and they brought their own brother, son and father down. Not good at all
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Web2020: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tareq1105:

Tinubu is your headache. What has he done to you? When was the last time you saw Tinubu in Edo? Mention APC and leave Tinubu out of your pains. Is it a sin for Tinubu to support the position of his Party?

Since C of O became #50,000 how many houses have you built? In fact, how many C of O has he signed to date? You think we don't know what's going on in the Lands Registry?

How many people were empowered not to talk of having enough to build houses?
Tell your Tinubu to stay clear from Edo politics. Any body who doesn't want smoke into his eyes should stay away from the kitchen.

It's sad, if you don't know that C of O in Edo State is 50,000 and its easy to get as ABCD. Tell us what is going on in the Land Registry. I believe in facts and figures. I got 3 C of O for my Lands in one year with ease. Stop the propaganda!
The best empowerment is to create enabling environment for businesses to strive. I prefer that to sharing of 5k to tout.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by JAMO84: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
OPPPS:

You are right. Edo is not Lagos. Lagos does not elect a Gov with 3 credit.
And three pass, graduated with second class lower. Olodo governor!!!
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Bimpe29: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
It's looking like Edo is not Lagos and PDP is Edo.
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by smallsmall: 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
omenka:

It is a Pity.

THAT IS HOW MOST IPOB-PIGLETS ARE, NO VIRTUE, NO IDEOLOGY, NO MORALITY, NO CONVICTION!
They Live for Nothing, they Die for Nothing
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Sheggy13(m): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

I know believe some of you here are kids that just make comments for the fun of it. A man installed his stooge, Ikpeazu as governor and also made his son speaker of the house of assembly,and you say there's no Godfatherism in Igbo land.. Do you have any brain cells at all?
Re: Ripples Over PDP U-Turn On Obaseki by Occurstaem(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
ChoCho54:
But one man named Tinubu has held down an entire race since 1999, when will you liberate yourself?

Please, may you tell me how Tinubu has held down an entire race since 1999?
Let us know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan / Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs / Oba Elegushi Fixes Oro Ritual On Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.