Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Road Rage: Share Your Experience - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Rage: Share Your Experience (17735 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) / Which Car Is Better For That Price Rage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by foolbuster: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
uboma:

With your Toyota Camry 2001 model, you were no match with the Toyota Prado Jeep.

While on the road, it is safety first for me.

Unless you know what trims both vehicles are. You are very wrong.

If his camry was the v6 trim and the prado was the 2.7Litre 4 cylinder(which is what most nigerians own). The pencil light will dust that prado oga.

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Kpalobi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
buygala:
I engage in road rage only in PS4 Need for Speed smiley

I can't come and go and die and leave all my girlfriends grin

Baba you don kimme with my laf grin
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Starz825(m): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2020
buygala:

grin
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by abike12(f): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
I've been gentle on the road since I saw on the news that someone drove after another person and shot them in their driveway in a fit of rage. road rage in the US is at your own risk
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by babyfaceafrica: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ishilove:

He was very lucky because my brother would have pummeled him black and blue
don't be so sure.. No be by size

6 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Enugupikin: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
uboma:

Give up already. Does it look like I care....?

I pointed out that your Camry 2001 model was no match for the Prado Jeep, you twisted your argument.

Again, you downplayed the condition of the car in question, emphasizing on the state of mind of the driver. I pointed out the condition of the car is just as important as the state of the driver.

If you have issues with understanding simple grammar, it isn't my fault.

***Modified***

By the condition of the car, I do not necessarily mean the make and model of the car. If the car is not well maintained, even if the driver is a speed demon, he cannot perform magic on the road.

Looking at it from another angle, why would I want to stress my 1.8L/2.0L engine car with a Benz C 350 for instance?
Stop being condescending.. The guy is arguing with facts and u have only insults to argue with.. What a loser cheesy grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by banky3w(m): 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
been annoyed is different from been stupid... Road rages are dangerous and can lead to death and body harm
Have you ever been angry? Road rage isn’t something you get into your car and plan on doing. It may happen to you on your happiest day on the road, one irritation caused by another person for no reason. It isn’t about speed or anything bro. Every sane person knows it is wrong and not to get involved but human will always be human!

7 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Gentlebabs(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
A Poem: Road Rage

When I ride and glide
I expect some sanity
Sanity, in a most insane world.

You don't want to poke me
A little to the right, then left
Lest I unleash my road rage on you.

There is a fire in me that glows
It comes from within when activated
Best you "dey your dey" and stay on track.

But, wait! Sometimes life will throw darts at you
A little to the right, then left
Focus, smile and say, "This too shall pass".

If I cross your lane, show some love
I might just need an Angel in human form
And that may just be all the light I need to see.

Loose the road rage fast
We all woke up with different challenges
Just embrace yours and choose to win.

Babs.
08178827380 & 08178827380

7 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by starlingbawa(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
Enugupikin:

Stop being condescending.. The guy is arguing with facts and u have only insults to argue with.. What a loser cheesy grin grin

Well Said...

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by uboma(m): 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2020
Enugupikin:

I accept if that's what you could comprehend.

Go along now....

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by banky3w(m): 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
you almost died because of show off.... Smh
I wasn’t showing off sir! The guy almost made me kill innocent road users because of his ego or whatnot. I was just pissed he did it intentionally. Driving all the way from Lagos on that day till I got to that area (I think abaji) after lokoja was peaceful and smooth before the man pissed me off. If I run pass you, let me pass and if you run pass me,let me pass. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by phemmyfour: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
I don't do it, cos you will not be driving at your own pace. Driving should be enjoy and not endure

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by banky3w(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
Enugupikin:

Please oh, e never reach like that. We all have different opinions.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Businext: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2020
cry such road rage stories appear cool but in hind sight and foresight
They should give you reason to be ashamed
That out of adrenaline rush, ego, video games, proving a point, pride, daring
And so on
You decided to compete with a stranger possibly going a different way.
All that I've said above is a message first to me and then all lovers of formula one and road ragers

I hardly drive because of this very issue.
There's always someone to compete with and I most times win
But I feel sad that I almost cause accidents for the other competitors or put them in trouble

Last time I drove and it happened I could hear the screeching of the person's 4 tyres and I realised that had he not good brakes which I don't, he would have hit the car before him, all for what?

But am I promising to stop grin it's not funny, I'm serious. I need to get help by channeling my driving expertise to real road races where I can even make money and win laurels and not constitute danger on inter state highways and inter city lanes

#SayNoToRoadRage

5 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by banky3w(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
uboma:

Three years ago, I was driving to work on a rainy morning. I was on the speed lane, listening to some country songs, about 50 meters ahead, a Golf 2 Taxi left the service lane and swerved to the speed lane. I couldn't divert to the service lane without hitting other cars. I had to swerve to the right, off the road, with my legs on the break pedal while trying to avoid my car from somersaulting. My car kept swerving to the right even with the breaks. She finally came to a halt very close to the road divider. First time this happened to me since 25 years of my driving record.

Other cars had stopped by, hoping to rescue me in the event of an accident. I got hold of myself, engaged my gear and drove fast to catch up with the careless driver. I got to block him on the road, he pulled out a screwdriver at me even when he was at fault. I opened my trunk, brought out the hose pipe (which came with the car when I purchased it, never had any use for it until that morning). I used it to whip the driver twice, I kept charging at him when other car owners who had followed the whole scene, pulled me back from harming the driver. Everyone scolded the driver. I got to his car and broke the wiper blades.
The driver don chop am with gbese on top grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by theowane: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
banky3w:
I shared this on nairaland sometimes ago.
Mine was around Oct 2015 along Lokoja-Abuja expressway. Was going to Kaduna with a tokunbo 2001 camry from Lagos. I drive very fast and safely.

I saw this lone flashy Prado with Niger state government house number plate and tried dusting the car as the driver seems not official..... Casually dressed....... The guy saw me from his high place in the Jeep and started matching my speed we were side-by-side when we got to a town along the road with rampant motorcyclists.

I was on the speed lane and he was on the other side when I saw that a motorcyclist was on his lane ahead and thought I will lose him when he brakes but to my horror, the guy started navigating into my lane while pushing me into the little side space before the road separator with my horn blazing and my brakes crunching on the road. I was so close to having an accident that day, my mirror even scratched the separator. I was scared shitless but this fear transformed into raw fury immediately and after escaping this ordeal, I gunned the engine and overtook the Jeep to get in front and sped forward with him in hot pursuit to meet another car on his lane(all this while I was watching my rear view mirror) and he switched to my lane. Not minding what will happen to my rear, I took this moment to have my sweet revenge by slamming real hard on my brakes with both legs(something I never did before).

I watched him swerve madly behind both cars and almost running off the road with his brakes screeching and navigating to the sidewalk. I really thought the Jeep would roll over and thankfully, we were clear of where the motorcyclists were plenty or else he would have killed people that day.

I resumed my drive while the guy fell behind and I never saw him again till I got home in kaduna. In all my years of driving, I've never been more scared of my any incident both the one done to me or the one I did. I satisfied my rage notwithstanding.
that was very immature of you. No one can ever boast of being a perfect driver, ask Alonso and the other F1 drivers. You might not be lucky next time. Be careful
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by uboma(m): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
banky3w:

The driver don chop am with gbese on top grin grin grin grin

If he had begged me when I blocked him, I for free am.

The Hausa man pointed a screw driver at me....

I was scared and trying to reason at the same time on how best to get my car to a halt.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by nkemdi89(f): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
I do that anytime time I am at airport road or kubwa expressway, I am trying to maintain my 120 , 140 speed someone is driving at 80 , the moment you overtake them , that is when they will remember to speed , I will surely overtake you.

5 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Fidelismaria: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2020
I dey come
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by diportivo: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
the thread don spoil undecided
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by kingreign(m): 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
diportivo:
Holier than thou and ITK people wey most probably never touch driver door handle before don spoil the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
diportivo:

That's what happens to any Cartalk thread moved to the front page. Ruined.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
You doing road rage in the zoo roads?

Use your rage to support Biafrans freedom and your freedom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2020
was cycling with my bicycle and this hausa guy driver his truck on the highway was doing anyhow, na so I vex hit him from the back. I regretted my action shah because I had to pay for the damages
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by IFNOTGOD(m): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
I actually compete with cars on d road and just on Sunday in one of my silly overspeeding I rammed into a lady's car from behind at VI.

tut it was a man till I saw a lady, I say my own Don finish n she just came out n was like ok, what do we do very calm, I sha fix her bumper as d impact was not much n she said what about d really b a nice lady n I really appreciate her maturity.

some ladies are nice n matured I bet if na all these worwor girls hmmm na only God know wetyn I for see.

am grateful to d lady for her maturity and calmness.

3 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Tapout(m): 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
kingreign:
I don't engage in road rage. It's needless, it's risky. Safety first, safety always!

I swear, its totally not worth it. One driver once tempted me into one a while bk, I was on the verge of giving in but then I got bk to my sense. I cleared and had to force myself to pee b4 I continued my journey. That gave me enough time to loose him.

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hhh
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Hardebolah23: 12:07am On Jul 08, 2020
buygala:

lol werey
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Jagermeister(m): 12:13am On Jul 08, 2020
banky3w:

Tell them oh grin grin grin. Some days, e go be like say some people are actually driving to annoy you.

Bro there's no getting around it!

We've grown into getting used to driving with an angry face.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Amwitty(f): 12:29am On Jul 08, 2020
tatax:
I was driving the other day and this guy in front of me just doesn't want to move his car fast enough, on a speed lane ooo. The road was so free and I was in a hurry to move past him before traffic starts building up. He was driving so slow, nonchalant in the middle of the road and was having fun marching his brakes at will and unnecessaryly.. I was behind him blasting my horn so I could alert him to stay on a lane, to him, i don't exist.. he was doing what he was doing and was already causing slight traffic..

Guess what! He was operating his phone, I think he was answering a phone call or trying to call someone..

As I drove beside him to finally overtake him, I found out what he was doing then my rage increased. I just threw the can water I had at him and zoomed off (his windows were down so the water got to him well).

I watched him from the side mirror shouting and making angry gestures but I was already far gone..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah you are an angry Nigerian.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Prenonjebose: 1:36am On Jul 08, 2020
Done that a couple of times. Most recent, I was descending down a particular bridge in my Corolla, when this commercial driver in a Sienna over took while trying to dodge a police check point. In the process, he drove in front of me. I barely escaped crashing into him. I was so upset that I refused to listen to my wife's entirety to let it go. Throttled down in the rain till I got him pushed to a bad side of the road,, he slowed down then I gave him a peice of my mind while keeping a close contact with him. Later zoomed off as my spouse complained about this action. It's not the best course of action though
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by chukzyfcbb: 1:58am On Jul 08, 2020
Road Rage was when I just learnt driving newly.

Any small thing I don put leg for accelerator.

I enjoyed the take over when I engage the car in Gear 3, the added force, pressure and movement of the car was heavenly. How I missed that Peugeot sad

Infact Revig the car before Overtaking (i.e Leg a bit on the clutch ) will send warning signals to passerbys that shit is about to get real, so they scamper for safety lol In Automatic it will lag a bit and not so fun.

Now I like my life.i am still very young and have a long years ahead of me, na only one life I get. Jeje things smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What To Do If The Brakes Of Your Car Fails To Drive / Avoid Common Driving Errors / Car Smashed By A Tree In A Pay Park, Who Bears The Loss? Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.