Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Honda Accord 2003 Car Talk - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2003 Car Talk (467 Views)

Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used / HELP! Toyota Corolla 2003 Car Won't Start At Once. / Difference Between Honda Accord 2003, 2004 And 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2003 Car Talk by yomigid: 12:48am On Jul 06, 2020
Please, I would appreciate if any experience person can explain why Honda Accord 2003 (aka EOD) shorts engine oil in less than two weeks after servicing with Mobil 1000. My mechanic advised I change to Vital Amasco Oil. I did, and the engine oil shorts again. But each time I start the car without revving the turtle, it brings out water through the tail pipe of the exhaust. But when I rev while the car is on park, I observe that a bluish or dark pall of smoke comes out from the tail pipe of the exhaust. If I trust my finger into the tail pipe, it is tainted with a black oily colour mixed with water. Can those who have the knowledge provide a reason for this defect? However, the car moves very well on highway. I would also want to know the appropriate transmission fluid for the gear.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Car Talk by Lexusgs430: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2020
yomigid:
Please, I would appreciate if any experience person can explain why Honda Accord 2003 (aka EOD) shorts engine oil in less than two weeks after servicing with Mobil 1000. My mechanic advised I change to Vital Amasco Oil. I did, and the engine oil shorts again. But each time I start the car without revving the turtle, it brings out water through the tail pipe of the exhaust. But when I rev while the car is on park, I observe that a bluish or dark pall of smoke comes out from the tail pipe of the exhaust. If I trust my finger into the tail pipe, it is tainted with a black oily colour mixed with water. Can those who have the knowledge provide a reason for this defect? However, the car moves very well on highway. I would also want to know the appropriate transmission fluid for the gear.

Sounds like this tortoise requires thrusting.......... The head gasket of this turtle, is on it's way to the junk yard, hope you have enough savings to buy a better engine............ wink
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Car Talk by dammiedot(m): 1:21am On Jul 06, 2020
I had this same issue with my EOD before I sold it. Engine works well, but when you first start the car you get those black flaky like carbon on the floor. And mine vibrate when I am stuck in traffic for a long time on a very sunny day with the AC one, i still used it for about 6 months but I knew the engine would require changing soon. Last I checked the 4 cylinder engine goes for about 110k - 120k naira.

(1) (Reply)

We Sell And Supply Complete Truck, Truck Head Without Bucket / Clean Toyota Camry 2007 / Advice On Accident Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.