Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,857 members, 7,956,233 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:15 AM

Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts (3367 Views)

Association Of Yoruba Christian Say NO To Tinubu / MURIC: Any Yoruba Christian Presidential Candidate will lose in 2023 / NASS:Group Charges APC To Support Olabutosu A Yoruba Christian For Equity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by fjjc(m): 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Frankdaz9:
we know yoruba consist of core arrewa Muslims and Christian cohabiting together, whether the cohabitation is peaceful or hostile can not be established with much certainty.

We are aware of prof Ishaq Akintola of MURIC and his stance on yoruba Muslims right. We are equally aware of Yoruba Christian minority continue quest for survival despite subjugations from muslim counterpart.

practically, are Yoruba's divided along religious line? lets discuss this and know the extent of religious tolerance in yoruba land.

SCOPES OF DISCUSSION

Why can't a yoruba Christian family give out their daughter to yoruba Christian for marriage?

Why are Oyo, Lagos and Ogun governors always Muslims instead of Christian?

Why are prominent yoruba Christians being attacked by yoruba Muslim extremists e.g Sowore, Jimi Agbaje, Prof Soyinka, Fayose, Sowore ( disgraced, insulted, abandoned and tagged ijaw by Muslims)

Why is yoruba Muslim MURIC determined to propagate Islamic agenda in yorubaland.

LETS DISCUSS MATUREDLY, NO INSULTS

You are saying people should not insult you, but you have curse yourself and your entire generation for bringing up this kind of topic. Evil doer.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Frankdaz9: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

How come you live in Ibadan and not Enugu or Anambra. Oh I forgot your economic issues.
I'm sure you're an Igbo Christian living in Ibadan. How come Ibadan is so conducive for you to live in more than your native land while you think it's difficult to be a native Christian in the same Ibadan?
Shouldn't you be worried that if native Ibadan Christians are not finding it easy then your future and that of your kids is not assured amidst these same Muslims?
In other words, shouldn't you be more worried of yourself than the natives?
why can't you understand with your yoruba Muslim skull! I live in Ibadan but does business in Lagos. Yoruba Muslim extremist will suffocated any Christian business in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Frankdaz9: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
fjjc:

You are saying people should not insult you, but you have curse yourself and your entire generation for bringing up this kind of topic. Evil doer.
a Pained yoruba Muslim! more pain to your ewedu Muslim skull.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
Frankdaz9:
why can't you understand with your yoruba Muslim skull! I live in Ibadan but does business in Lagos. Yoruba Muslim extremist will suffocated any Christian business in Ibadan.
So there are no Yoruba Muslims in Lagos? If you live in Ibadan, that means you feel safe there or do you sleep where you do not feel safe? Doing business in Lagos also shows how at home you feel in Yorubaland which is why you can gallivant to and fro the two major cities. The question then remains if as a stranger you feel so safe to move about Yorubaland without fear of the Muslims, how come the natives are under threat and what superior power or ability do you have to save them from their fellow Yorubas instead of being fearful of being backstabbed. Or are Yorubas no longer backstabbers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Osaze007: 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

So there are no Yoruba Muslims in Lagos? If you live in Ibadan, that means you feel safe there or do you sleep where you do not feel safe? Doing business in Lagos also shows how at home you feel in Yorubaland which is why you can gallivant to and fro the two major cities. The question then remains if as a stranger you feel so safe to move about Yorubaland without fear of the Muslims, how come the natives are under threat and what superior power or ability do you have to save them from their fellow Yorubas instead of being fearful of being backstabbed. Or are Yorubas no longer backstabbers?

I dint know how you yorubas can harbour people that hate you in your land

Better borrow a leaf from Hausa people

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2020
Osaze007:

Forget. These ones are low lifes. You can see how he's lying about living in Ibadan and "does' business in lag. If you fall for that lie you're on your way to being scammed.
We don't need to drive them out or treat them badly. There being here will always testify against them to generations unborn.
Mind you, majority of Igbos are not like these ones. Majority are hardworking and respectful. Most of those you see writing this nonsense have never set foot out of Igbo land and are poor, lazy and jobless. So they see the rest of Nigeria as the reason for their miserable lives not minding they are spoiling market for those who are out of Igbo land working hard to earn a decent life.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by hotwax: 7:18am On Jul 07, 2020
I can see organized thread trying to stir fight amoung yourbas.

So you want me to fight my blood brothers abi.

I am a Christian. My mum is a Muslim, my dad is a Christian, my little brothers are Muslims.

You don't understand how religion work in Yoruba land. Bigotry don't work here.

Akeredolu of ondo is a Christian
Ambode is a Christian
Sanwo olu Lagos a Christian
Makinde of Oyo a Christian
Osun governor is a Christian
Ogun state governor is a Christian.
Obasanjo a Christian

Tell us what else do we want from our Muslim brothers?

You can't divide us, even Fulanis tried, it didn't work, now Igbo r trying.. mumu peopl

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by hotwax: 7:21am On Jul 07, 2020
Osaze007:

Yorubas are not driven by hate.

I live with an Igbo man, he is always bittered and our landlord is a Benin man. He told him not to renew is rent.

It's not about Biafra. It's in the nature of Igbo to hate. And they never admit to be wrong and apologize. They rather die than apologize.

Just come to church and see how they behave in the church.

The only thing I found myself in common with them is my religion and disdain for this useless apc government

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
YORUBA BEWARE:

A GROUP COMPRISING:-

ISHAQ AKINTOLA OF MURIC

MIYETTI ALLAH. HORE

SOME IPOB RECALCITRANTS

ARE BEING FINANCED BY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES

TO DESTABILIZE OPC, AMOTEKUN AND PAVE WAYS FOR PERMANENT HABITAION FOR RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY IN ODUDUWA LAND.

From Orunto27. To Prof. BANJI AKINTOYE
Above fyi please. The N150billion demanded by Miyetti Allah FH from BUHARI is for nefarious activities such as above.

ISHAQ AKINTOLA should be constantly monitored by OPC & AMOTEKUN.
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:14am On Jul 07, 2020
You asked for it and you will get insults
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2020
This is what MURIC & MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN ARE USING THE N150billion given them by BUHARI for.
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Because FULANI > YORUBA

FULANI <YORUBA. OR YORUBA--FULANI=PEACE.

MIYETTI ALLAH HORE + MURIC ISHAQ= N150BN = RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:37am On Jul 07, 2020
hisholar2:
Oga cool I will like to inform you that there's no religion brouhaha in the south west, we coexist peacefully and don't pretend as if you know about us. Those topics you brought about are nothing but a piece of shit shalom

He is a mercenary specimen.
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Frankdaz9:
are you saying that "MURIC MUSLIMS FIRST" agenda in yorubaland is non existent?

I'M SAYING THAT CHRISTIANITY+ISLAM=IFA IN YORUBA LAND.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2020
cursedAbiola:
lol the truth keeps staring at them.

Yoruba Christians should better wise up

NO PROBLEM.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by orisa37: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Frankdaz9:
wow kudos to you! definitely yoruba Christians will honor you. real omoluabis and Oduduwa will never forget your effort to liberate them from yoruba Muslims.

Christianity+Islam=IFA in Yoruba Land.
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Akanbiedu(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Forget. These ones are low lifes. You can see how he's lying about living in Ibadan and "does' business in lag. If you fall for that lie you're on your way to being scammed.
We don't need to drive them out or treat them badly. There being here will always testify against them to generations unborn.
Mind you, majority of Igbos are not like these ones. Majority are hardworking and respectful. Most of those you see writing this nonsense have never set foot out of Igbo land and are poor, lazy and jobless. So they see the rest of Nigeria as the reason for their miserable lives not minding they are spoiling market for those who are out of Igbo land working hard to earn a decent life.

Omo Adie o mo awodi
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Fantasticcc: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2020
I have noticed that the Muslim dominate the Yoruba Christian in Yoruba land,but the only place they can't do that is in Lagos which belong to the aworis who claim they are not Yoruba.Muslim can't be under Christian according to there Koran so they are trying to islamize Yoruba land.
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by smithsammy(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2020
Deebwebb:
As a Yoruba Christian,we need help,can't you see the Yoruba Muslims are oppressing us,even in Lagos a Christian can't be a Governor,we need help pls..and the Fulani's are backing them badly,even if we want oduduwa republic our dominant Muslim won't allow it.we are trapped.
Cc balogun mohammed

Ambode and Sanwo-Olu are Christians. Say something else!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by hisholar2(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2020
orisa37:

He is a mercenary specimen.
I thought as much grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by zealousayo(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2020
Frankdaz9:
your statement stinks with hypocrisy! no doubt, your a yoruba Muslim. yoruba Christian are marginalized in every aspect, politically or otherwise. I'm a far-right activists that protest without boundary.
You seriously do not know what you're talking about. I am Yoruba and a Christian. Out of the six Governors in southwest, 5 of them are Christians. Only the Osun State Governor is a Muslim. Now, let's start from Lagos, Tinubu is the first Governor after the return of democracy in 1999, he is a Muslim but his wife Remi Tinubu is a Christian, an assistant Pastor in RCCG. Raji Fashola is also a Muslim but his wife Abimbola Fashola is a Christian. Akinwumi Ambode is a Christian. Jide Sanwoolu is a Christian too.
Let's go to Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel is a Christian, Dapo Abiodun is also a Christian.
As for Oyo state, Former Governor Akala is a Christian, late Former Governor Ajimobi's wife is a Christian (he himself used to Christian program in his lifetime), Seyi Makinde is also a Christian.
For Osun, Former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola is a Christian. Even Osun West, a senetorial district dominated by Muslims (e.g. Iwo, Ede) is being represented by a Christian (Sen. Lere Oriolowo).
As for Ondo and Ekiti, I don't think a Muslim has ever become their Governor there. For Ondo, we have Adefarati, Agagu, Mimiko, Akeredolu (all Christians) and for Ekiti, we have Oni, Adebayo, Fayose, Fayemi (all Christians).
Former President Obasanjo is a Christian.
Obafemi Awolowo, Ladoke Akintola etc. were Christians.
So, how are Christians being marginalized?
Leave MURIC alone, majority of people here in Southwest do not know them, except you visit a website like Nairaland. Be informed!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by leksite120(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2020
Fantasticcc:
I have noticed that the Muslim dominate the Yoruba Christian in Yoruba land,but the only place they can't do that is in Lagos which belong to the aworis who claim they are not Yoruba.Muslim can't be under Christian according to there Koran so they are trying to islamize Yoruba land.
You just want to make yourself happy right? No be only Awori, na Awodi

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by leksite120(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2020
zealousayo:

You seriously do not know what you're talking about. I am Yoruba and a Christian. Out of the six Governors in southwest, 5 of them are Christians. Only the Osun State Governor is a Muslim. Now, let's start from Lagos, Tinubu is the first Governor after the return of democracy in 1999, he is a Muslim but his wife Remi Tinubu is a Christian, an assistant Pastor in RCCG. Raji Fashola is also a Muslim but his wife Abimbola Fashola is a Christian. Akinwumi Ambode is a Christian. Jide Sanwoolu is a Christian too.
Let's go to Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel is a Christian, Dapo Abiodun is also a Christian.
As for Oyo state, Former Governor Akala is a Christian, late Former Governor Ajimobi's wife is a Christian (he himself used to Christian program in his lifetime), Seyi Makinde is also a Christian.
For Osun, Former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola is a Christian. Even Osun West, a senetorial district dominated by Muslims (e.g. Iwo, Ede) is being represented by a Christian (Sen. Lere Oriolowo).
As for Ondo and Ekiti, I don't think a Muslim has ever become their Governor there. For Ondo, we have Adefarati, Agagu, Mimiko, Akeredolu (all Christians) and for Ekiti, we have Oni, Adebayo, Fayose, Fayemi (all Christians).
Former President Obasanjo is a Christian.
Obafemi Awolowo, Ladoke Akintola etc. were Christians.
So, how are Christians being marginalized?
Leave MURIC alone, majority of people here in Southwest do not know them, except you visit a website like Nairaland. Be informed!
My brother, even me shock as I de see MURIC MURIC for nairaland. Even Yoruba local radios don't carry their news. I don't know how a one man's interest represent the general o.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by CyynthiaKiss(f): 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
shocked
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by ifiokjohn(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
hotwax:

Yorubas are not driven by hate.

I live with an Igbo man, he is always bittered and our landlord is a Benin man. He told him not to renew is rent.

It's not about Biafra. It's in the nature of Igbo to hate. And they never admit to be wrong and apologize. They rather die than apologize.

Just come to church and see how they behave in the church.

The only thing I found myself in common with them is my religion and disdain for this useless apc government
if only you know say no be even Igbo Op be

Why is everything you guys bring the igbos? Those ones no care about anything than their business
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by ArewaNorth: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
Frankdaz9:
we know yoruba consist of core arrewa Muslims and Christian cohabiting together, whether the cohabitation is peaceful or hostile can not be established with much certainty.

We are aware of prof Ishaq Akintola of MURIC and his stance on yoruba Muslims right. We are equally aware of Yoruba Christian minority continue quest for survival despite subjugations from muslim counterpart.

practically, are Yoruba's divided along religious line? lets discuss this and know the extent of religious tolerance in yoruba land.

SCOPES OF DISCUSSION

Why can't a yoruba Christian family give out their daughter to yoruba Christian for marriage?

Why are prominent yoruba Christians being attacked by yoruba Muslim extremists e.g Sowore, Jimi Agbaje, Prof Soyinka, Fayose, Sowore ( disgraced, insulted, abandoned and tagged ijaw by Muslims)

Why is yoruba Muslim MURIC determined to propagate Islamic agenda in yorubaland.

The main reason that compelled Muslims in Yoruba land to rise to marginalisation is due to some injusticea that deprived them to enjoy their religious injunctions which is very wrong. Muslims right have to be respected especially rights that are religious injunctions which can't be compromised by logic or tricks.

However, there are other cases in reference and examples of the violation of the civil rights of Muslims in Yorubaland but many people surreptitiously don't want it to be exposed.

Muslim female teachers who went for a promotion interview in Abeokuta last week (Thursday 15 th April, 2021) were told that they must remove their hijab before they could be interviewed. The Muslim girl-child is being stigmatized in the school and sometimes locked out of the classroom on account of an ordinary headscarf.
“The hijab of the Muslim girl-child is yanked off her head by Christian teachers who are also Yorubas. Muslim girls are beaten up and sent back home. Muslim parents suffer this humiliation on a daily basisin Yorubaland. Muslim males are forced to remove their caps and turbans. Some are forced to shave their beards before being attended to by government civil servants who are also Yorubas. Court cases which bother on the infringement of Allah-given fundamental human rights of Yoruba Muslims litter courts in the region.

“Political appointments are reserved mainly for Christians while Muslims who constitute the majority are ignored. There are only four Muslims among the fourteen (14) commissioners in Oyo and Ogun states where the governors are Christians. All the board chairmen in the two states are Christians except the Muslim Pilgrims Board and the governors have ignored the complaints of Muslims. In Ekiti State, Fayose ran an all-Christian cabinet. In Oyo State, the hijrah holiday which was declared by a former Muslim governor, Isiaka Ajimobi, has been annulled by Seyi Makinde, a Christian governor.

“Muslims are also totally marginalized in the education sector. Christians are in charge in the ministries of education in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo. All the teaching service commissions TESCOM) are headed by Christians. Some of the heads are even church clerics. A pastor is the chairman of Ogun State TESCOM while an evangelist heads the Ogun State commission. We believe this is a deliberate and strategic ploy to perpetuate Christian hegemony in the education sector in Yorubaland. This is the machinery of oppression and it has served in the repression of hijab-wearing female Muslim students and teachers. The perpetrators persecute Muslims with impunity since they are assured of official protection up to the office of the commissioner of education.

“We are nonplussed that Afenifere has never commented on the above maltreatment of Muslims that has lasted decades (since independence) in its domain but it revels in joining Ohaneze of the South East and the Middle Belt Forum in complaining about marginalisation, nepotism and Islamisation which they claim began six years ago.
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. For now Yoruba Muslims see no difference between Afenifere and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). In fact, the former looks more like the political wing of the latter in the South West. We are waiting earnestly to know which way the cat will jump as regards Afenifere and the Muslim 2023 presidential candidate. These are the reasons that gave birth to MURIC and other Islamic religious right groups which I'm very much sure their Christian counterparts don't have much challenges to complain...
http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2021/04/press-release-shariah-in-yorubaland.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Christistruth00: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Frankdaz9:

SCOPES OF DISCUSSION

The Present Oyo and Ogun Governors are Christians,
In fact 5 of the 6 SW Governors are Christians

are ipob still butchering and eating their kinsmen as food in the South East ?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
Can Yoruba finally see Easterners have been dividing them more than fulani. Muslim and Christian coexist peacefully till Igbo move into Yoruba land with their extremism. Together Yoruba Muslim and Yoruba Christian will match to the development and success of Yoruba race
Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by Dapson73(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Frankdaz9:

SCOPES OF DISCUSSION

South west Nigeria
(1) Lagos --------Babajide sanwo olu(xtian)

(2)Ogun______Dapo Abiodun (xtian)

(3)Oyo_______Seyi Makinde (xtian)

(4)Osun______Oyetola (Muslim)

(5) Ekiti_______Fayemi Kayode (xtian)

(6) Ondo_______Akeredolu (xtian)

We are Yoruba before venturing into different religious believe.
Yorubas are one irrespective of religion. We don't discriminate.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Muslims, Are They Dominating Yoruba Christian Counterparts by DitariDisciple2: 6:43am On Apr 06, 2022
Dapson73:

South west Nigeria
(1) Lagos --------Babajide sanwo olu(xtian)

(2)Ogun______Dapo Abiodun (xtian)

(3)Oyo_______Seyi Makinde (xtian)

(4)Osun______Oyetola (Muslim)

(5) Ekiti_______Fayemi Kayode (xtian)

(6) Ondo_______Akeredolu (xtian)

We are Yoruba before venturing into different religious believe.
Yorubas are one irrespective of religion. We don't discriminate.

Even Osun self, Adeleke a Christian had won that election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Who Knocked Tolulope Arotile Is A Civilian, Had No License / How IPOB Mistakenly Slaughtered Cows Belonging To Igbos In South-east / Tinubu Caught Weeing- Weeing Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.