Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Concept Of Omni - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Concept Of Omni (1097 Views)

The Concept Of Hajj And A Perfect Preparation For It- Imam S.A. ALIAGAN / Generational Curse Is False Concept / Concept Of Success – Your Relation With Allah, Your Family, Your Work And Your (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of Omni by LabuleofNigeria: 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
whitelotus:
Simple illustration.

Omni is a problem.

God is omniscient.

That is, God knows everything.

But if God knows everything, that means he cannot forget.

But if God cannot forget, then he doesn't know how to forget or at least, how it feels to forget.

Contradiction

Who be this one again? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Concept Of Omni by LabuleofNigeria: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
LordReed:

The you are not ALL kind or ALL wicked. The use of ALL precludes any other attribute. The failure of English comprehension here is from you because apparently you don't know the meaning of ALL.

We have 3 major "Omni"s used for God bro.

Omnipotence means all-powerful, all-mighty. means God as having supreme power. ...
Omniscience means all-knowing, all wise. God is all all-knowing in the sense that he is aware of the past, present, and future. ...
Omnipresence means all-present.
How does these attribute contradict ?

God himself has never ever called himself "All-good" as you and OP have tagged him all in smart efforts to prove wise.
Goodness and Evil comes from him & him alone.
Stop your falsified illogical reasoning, else, show me a written verse where he called himself "All-good"
Re: The Concept Of Omni by whitelotus: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Who be this one again? grin grin grin grin grin

Someone smarter than you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Omni by LordReed(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Omnipotence means all-powerful, all-mighty. means God as having supreme power. ...
Omniscience means all-knowing, all wise. God is all all-knowing in the sense that he is aware of the past, present, and future. ...

God himself has never ever called himself "All-good" as you and OP have tagged him all in smart efforts to prove wise.
Stop your falsified illogical reasoning, else, show me a written verse where he called himself "All-good"

Huh? What has this got to do with what I wrote? You said you can be ALL good and ALL wicked and I demonstrated that you can't, why are you responding with "show me a written verse where he called himself "All-good"". Was that part of anything I said?

It seems your illogic is getting the better of you.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Omni by LabuleofNigeria: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
LordReed:

Huh? What has this got to do with what I wrote? You said you can be ALL good and ALL wicked and I demonstrated that you can't, why are you responding with "show me a written verse where he called himself "All-good"". Was that part of anything I said?

It seems your illogic is getting the better of you.

I know youll give up this way...lol grin
Re: The Concept Of Omni by LabuleofNigeria: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
whitelotus:

Someone smarter than you.
gibberish
Re: The Concept Of Omni by tintingz(m): 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

You have dissapointed your fellow Atheist once again son ! thanks for your illogical display of confussion.

Thread Closed !

Lol, let's the audience judge. grin
Re: The Concept Of Omni by tintingz(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
whitelotus:
Simple illustration.

Omni is a problem.

God is omniscient.

That is, God knows everything.

But if God knows everything, that means he cannot forget.

But if God cannot forget, then he doesn't know how to forget or at least, how it feels to forget.

Contradiction
I just tire for the guy, even LordReed tried to explain to him.
Re: The Concept Of Omni by LordReed(m): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

I know youll give up this way...lol grin

Give what up? Are you dreaming?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Omni by tintingz(m): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

If God is all-knowing, can he know he cannot know?

Then God is not omni-everything therefore not a perfect being.
Re: The Concept Of Omni by LordReed(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
tintingz:
I just tire for the guy, even LordReed tried to explain to him.

This is how I see his posts:

[img]https://media./images/f0d9ee5052ef2d4086c0e3dd68fa1c08/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Omni by tintingz(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: The Concept Of Omni by TheSourcerer: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

No dictionary uses the word Only ti define Omni. I hate lies & hypocrisy. learn to be sincere.
grin
Re: The Concept Of Omni by TheSourcerer: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
tintingz:

Lol, let's the audience judge. grin

LabuleofNigeria (Theist ) - 0
Tintingz (FreeThinker) - 1

LordReed - 100 (KO)

I dey my house
Re: The Concept Of Omni by iamdannyfc(m): 11:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
I support tinting.z

Labule is trying to compartmentalize "Omni", which isn't possible.

The moment you try to do that,the perfection breaksdown

Note: My opinion as an audience

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Concept Of Omni by IMAliyu(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Not unless one introduces dualism and attributes it to Allah, the whole omni-benevolent and omni-malevolent thing can not be logically reconsiled.

An example of a monotheistic faith that has this is Zoroastrianism which believes that Ahura Mazda is the eternal creator of all good things. Any violations of Ahura Mazda's order arise from druj, which is everything uncreated.
Which sounds similar to the concept of the yin(chaos) and yang(order) and how these two seemingly opposing concepts can coexist and compliment each other and explain life.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Omni by IMAliyu(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
On the subject of the word Omni, it means all and to be all something, you have to be all not the opposite thing.
So the use of Omni is wrong, so maybe a different word would need to be invented to describe having an attribute that's not mutually exclusive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Omni by whitelotus: 7:52am On Jul 07, 2020
IMAliyu:
On the subject of the word Omni, it means all and to be all something, you have to be all not the opposite thing.
So the use of Omni is wrong, so maybe a different word would need to be invented to describe having an attribute that's not mutually exclusive.

I'm sure that this is what the op is trying to say.

The concept of "Omni" creates contradictions and paradoxes. It is a problematic concept. Theists should be careful in how they apply it to their gods

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Banking Has Come To Stay! / Either U Like Or Hate It, Islam Is The Daddy Of Technology! / Coping With Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.