Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister (33016 Views)

Help:effect Of Hypochlorite Disinfection Of Drinking Water / Fumigation Of Schools Begins In Nasarawa State Ahead Of Students Resumption / JAMB 2018- Simple Guides As UTME Begins On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Connectofficial(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Schools disinfection begins July 7 – FG

The disinfection of schools against the spread of COVID-19 in preparation for the resumption of class activities will begin on Tuesday, the Federal Government announced on Monday.

It also explained why it delayed the decontamination process, adding that it had enough teams on ground to carry out the disinfection exercise.

The Minister of Environment, Muhammad Mahmood, disclosed this in Abuja at the briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.

He said, “Earlier I told you that we have sat with the Ministry of Education and we have the list of all the schools that need to be disinfected before resumption. Well, what we plan to do now is to do (decontaminate) the centres that will be used.”

On why the process was delayed, the minister said it was intentional, as the plan was to ensure that the chemicals were effective enough when the schools resume.

Mahmood said, “The delay is because it is better to disinfect and decontaminate within a short period of time so that the kids will be going back into these classes when they have been freshly decontaminated.

“This is because the chemicals we use are chemicals that are not long lasting, they have short contact time to do their job. So we will be getting this done before Monday when they (schoolchildren) will be back to use these classes.”

The minister said the decontamination would commence from Tuesday and assured parents that the schools would be safe for learning activities.

“So it is between tomorrow (Tuesday) and the rest of the week. We have enough teams and people that we will engage to get that done. So rest assured that your kids will be returning to a safe environment when they resume,” he said.

Mahmood noted that the decontamination exercise would be done across the country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/schools-disinfection-begins-july-7-fg/%3famp=1

1 Like

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by timwudz(m): 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by chime8(m): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
THANKS TO GOD ALMIGHTY.

Kudos to GSM of OYO STATE

GOD BLESS ALL THE PRIVATE SCHOOL TEACHERS INCLUDING ME.

Las Las GOD HEAR OUR CRY cool

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by gentlestdude(m): 2:36am On Jul 07, 2020
If I hear, money for disinfectants wey they don chop

3 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by egopersonified(f): 4:38am On Jul 07, 2020
Ok so my myopic brain is telling me why disinfect schools that have being shut for over four months when it has being said that covid cannot stay for more than 3 days depending on the surface

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by phemmyfour: 6:30am On Jul 07, 2020
egopersonified:
Ok so my myopic brain is telling me why disinfect schools that have being shut for over four months when it has being said that covid cannot stay for more than 3 days depending on the surface
Not just for covid, general cleaning. Reptiles are everywhere now, the surrounding grass is now a forest

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Karlifate: 7:56am On Jul 07, 2020
PTF will take the credit of re-opening schools, whereas GSM took the bold & decisive step.
#OyoStateThePaceSetter

15 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by martineverest(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2020
thieves ... what are they disinfecting in schools that have been closed for months?

6 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by martineverest(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
egopersonified:
exactly what I was thinking.. considering coronavirus doesn't last mm ore than 10 days on surfaces

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by iamyemiakins(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Nice move!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Abalado(f): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Mumu government, opening market places but closing Churches and Schools,, their mumu never do?

13 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by FlordFlorez(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Very good and commendable move. Lets live with the virus cautiously and stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by DanseMacabre(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Lol. This is why Nigerians believe this is a scamdemic.

When cases never even reach 100 a day una rush shut down everywhere. Now wey we dey grt 500-700 as daily scores una come dey open everywhere like ashewo leg.

Hushgovernment.

2 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Sniper4real(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Nice 1
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by jakD: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2020

IRONY OF LIFE.

When Nigeria Corona was less than hundred, everywhere and everything was forcefully closed and shut.
Now that their NCDC has reported almost 30K cases, they're planning to reopen everything.

Anyway, May God be with us all.
You and I shall not be victims in Jesus name.

Cheers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by slimanyd: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Waiting for those parents wey no get school fees to pay to talk ill of these FG resumption move like they masturbated on Makinde's School resumption yesterday.

Kuku tell us say u never see school fees money, and apply for Government grant . Lobatan. Abegi, Coro is here to stay with us. Thank God am now recovering from Loss of smell and Taste .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Shithole
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by ojorich(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Nigeria may have become the epic centre of the corona virus without the citizens even knowing. If as of today the NCDC has tested only 152,000 persons of a population of over 200,000 million and recording a confirmed positive cases of 29,000. It then invariably means that if the testing capacity steps up and 152million people were to be tested, we might be recording a staggering 29million positive covid 19 cases with a vast majority most likely to be asymptomatic!! God help us all

5 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Enemyofpeace: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Yinmu.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by ajuwadah: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2020
real preparation has began

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Xaleli38: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Good morning
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Karlifate:
PTF will take the credit of re-opening schools whereas GSM took the bold & decisive step.
#OyoStateThePaceSetter
obviously you are from Oyo state grin

1 Like

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by martineverest(m): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Abalado:
Mumu government, opening market places but closing Churches and Schools,, their mumu never do?
u seriously typed this?,...are u joking?

even Europe that have recovered haven't opened schools and churches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by hammed2013: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2020
Great work on the path of the government..... Hope they would cover all the LGs within the short time?...

1 Like

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by osamz007: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2020
HOW MUCH UNA GO USE? TELL US ..

THE KIND BILLIONS DEM GO CHOP EHN

ANODA FORMAT FROM THE SINZU BUSINESS SCHEME

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Alexgman1(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2020
What plans have they put in place for social distancing in public schools? Not disinfecting schools here & there.

3 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by VirginFinder: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2020
Now that WAEC exam is billed to commence on August 4, won't 'oversabi' governors not have to open schools in their schools before then

3 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Houseofglam7(f): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2020
undecided
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by hopexter(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2020
Let us know how much has been budgeted for this disinfection since this government is always creating an avenue to syphon money without actual action undecided

2 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Brunicekid(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2020
It's alright... I hope that this is effectively done across board (schools).
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Jakemedg(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2020
egopersonified:
No one wants to take any chances and besides they're still somethings we don't know about this corona virus infection
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Originalsly: 8:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmmm..... the chemicals are not long lasting.... so they will be used just before the children resume. Think about this .... then tell me why the chemicals will not affect the children. When our children begin to have respiratory problems... rashes... asthma.... or in the long term develop cancer or some unusual sickness..... we must not be wondering why.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See This Creative And Mind Blowing Alliterations / 24 Pictures Only People Who Attended Nigerian Law School Will Relate To / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.