Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister (33028 Views)

Help:effect Of Hypochlorite Disinfection Of Drinking Water / Fumigation Of Schools Begins In Nasarawa State Ahead Of Students Resumption / JAMB 2018- Simple Guides As UTME Begins On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Perfecttouchade: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Thothafx:

You are super smart. Let the tertiary institution students move for this. You can create a thread about it and beg lala to move to fp to get more audience. Maybe from there it can get to Twitter where PTF can see it. Because with the way things are going tertiary institution may be the very last to be considered especially with the ongoing ASUU strike.

Modified: I just discovered that I quoted Seun himself. grin

And I was telling him "to beg lala" cheesy

Epa domoh ohhhh
me sef come dey reason your earlier comment before I saw the modified content grin na Seun o
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by dahgifted(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
Thothafx:

ASUU is on strike and FG doesn't even know how they will initiate a conversation with them. cool
what about schools that aren't under ASSU?
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by NtiObaEneke(f): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
Seun:

Marketplaces have to be open for people to survive. Most of them are in open spaces where the risk of transmission is lower. If everyone in an open market wears a mask, the risk of catching the virus is quite low. It is government's role to prevent the entry of people without face-masks.

Churches and mosques aren't essential because the God of Christianity and Islam doesn't live in physical buildings. He can be worshipped anywhere, even at home, because he is omnipresent. Christians and Muslims don't have to meet together physically to practice their religion.

Also, churches, mosques and synagogues have caused large Coronavirus outbreaks around the world. Germany, Korea, US, India, Malaysia...

As for schools, only expensive private schools have what it takes to reopen safely, and it will cost them a lot. Public schools have no chance.
Issorait.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by IamDavid(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2020
ojorich:
Nigeria may have become the epic centre of the corona virus without the citizens even knowing. If as of today the NCDC has tested only 152,000 persons of a population of over 200,000 million and recording a confirmed positive cases of 29,000. It then invariably means that if the testing capacity steps up and 152million people were to be tested, we might be recording a staggering 29million positive covid 19 cases with a vast majority most likely to be asymptomatic!! God help us all
Baba carry your analysis away jare, that's how Boss Mustapha said we'd be counting dead bodies by mid June or so. To the glory of God, that's not happening. I'm a scientist and I know it's a bit dangerous to open schools, but it's not fair on those operating in the educational sector to keep them locked till forever. Health workers, "essential" workers, politicians, religious leaders, market men and women all have their careers flourishing and reasonable influx of money. People go out. people mix. Why keep the schools shut? I have no option but to believe God will keep Nigeria safe. #schoolreopening
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Crenzywilliams(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2020
Seun:

Students of tertiary institutions are very mature and independent. 80% of them won't have a problem with taking lectures over the Internet and studying from electronic handouts sent to them by e-mail. They only need to be physically present to take tests and examinations, which can be conducted very safely outdoors with extreme spacing and face-masks like they do in South Korea:
That could work, but this going to pay for such data? The government, the schools or the students?...this is Nigeria bruv
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Moneywell(f): 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Abeg make una no vex o
This Corona dey fly for air?
I don't understand why schools that have been evacuated since need to be disinfected, or are people living inside the school.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by reidkrugger(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
phemmyfour:
Not just for covid, general cleaning. Reptiles are everywhere now, the surrounding grass is now a forest

Lol, Shay na Sambisa the schools Dem de? Abegi, me nor see any sense for wetin Dem de talk. The issue here is COVID19. Not snakes and scorpions.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by BakQAQ: 2:43am On Jul 08, 2020
Disinfection precautions are essential, and be sure to wear a mask!
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by EngineerOloye: 3:04am On Jul 08, 2020
More questions come to mind now.

Were the schools infected before the shutdown?

How many schools do you really want to "disinfect"?

The ones not on the list, are the students there not important or that Corona just wouldn't be there?

Does the virus survive indefinitely in schools, seeing that schools have been closed for several weeks?

How sure are we that this process will not further expose those schools to viruses by this activity (have those carrying out the task tested and confirmed negative)?

How much is invested in disinfecting each school?

Is it contracted and what was the process in awarding such contract?

Just hope you know its blood money some of you are spending for your families and allies.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by urchcoded(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2020
martineverest:
u seriously typed this?,...are u joking?

even Europe that have recovered haven't opened schools and churches
oga most of them are on holiday
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by martineverest(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2020
urchcoded:
oga most of them are on holiday
churches in Europe are on holiday?..smh
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by urchcoded(m): 10:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
martineverest:
churches in Europe are on holiday?..smh
I meant schools
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by SirWarlock: 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
VirginFinder:

That is not my point. LASG for instance is planning to open on August 3. Does that make any sense when exams will commence on August 4
Everybody is confused grin
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by SirWarlock: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
dahgifted:
Why are they not talking about tertiary institution?
Cos it's another headache grin. Seriously ASUU is still on strike so that should tell us all we need to know grin.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by SirWarlock: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I listened to the minister of state for education yesterday. He said states with intelligent students can ask them to stay at home then resume for exam on the 4th.

Lagos has fixed resumption for August 3rd, I wonder how the state government want to pull that off.
I see that date as just tentative. They don't really have anything solid to resume schools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria / Benue State University Cancels Final Year Exam Over ‘Cheap’ Questions / University Of Ibadan Post Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.