Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... (3658 Views)

Nigerian Students In UK, Others Risk Deportation / A Student Of ABUAD Who Came Late To Class Was Asked To Leave Or Sing, See What H / Man Signs On The Boobs Of LAUTECH Female Students On Their Graduation Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Nawaaoh: 5:14am On Jul 07, 2020
International students who are pursuing degrees in the United States must leave the country or risk deportation if their universities switch to online-only courses, Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced Monday.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, universities and colleges in the US are beginning to make the decision to transition to online courses

The move may affect thousands of foreign students who come to the United States to attend universities or participate in training programs, as well as non-academic or vocational studies.

“This is going to create I think more anxiety on the part of international students, and for those who are still thinking about where they’re going to go in the fall, I think this may push them in the direction of attending a university in another country,” Brad Farnsworth, vice president of the American Council on Education, said.

Read more

https://www.mazechmedia.com/2020/07/ice-says-foreign-students-on-visas-must-leave-the-us-or-risk-deportation-if-schools-go-online-only/

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Nawaaoh: 5:18am On Jul 07, 2020
This is serious!

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by seunlayi(m): 5:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Blame Nigeria govt for this

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by chukwuibuipob: 5:44am On Jul 07, 2020
Dey can only only catch and deport d dumb ones.D street wise ones go don dive wnta elsewhere/marry get Pali sidon
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 07, 2020
They would need high speed internet na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by seanwilliam(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2020
Make everybody go back in country go dey study

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by DesChyko: 6:48am On Jul 07, 2020
The headline is misleading isn't it? undecided

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Nawaaoh: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2020
DesChyko:
The headline is misleading isn't it? undecided

What’s misleading there?? That was the announcement today. All the statements couldn’t fit in the headline so it was abbreviated somehow.

The fact is that many colleges and universities in the US are embracing online teaching 100%. No classroom teaching at the moment. The situation may change though, but I doubt if there’ll be classroom teaching in the US this year considering the increasing number of Coronavirus cases and deaths recently

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by doggedfighter(f): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2020
But their visas are still valid since they didn't drop out of school ,so why deport them?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Vyzz: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2020
So what is to happen to those that have been schooling there already after leaving or being deported
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Talknochip(m): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2020
The US with it arrogance!

It is not as if these students will be coming to the US to start their studies newly, but they are already in the country.

So why deporting them when their visas may still be valid for a long period of time that their programs may take?!

Smh

3 Likes

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by espn(m): 8:00am On Jul 07, 2020
They should make a refund also. The tuition fee the paid isnt for online classes...

9 Likes

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by DesChyko: 8:00am On Jul 07, 2020
Nawaaoh:

What’s misleading there??

A more suitable headline would be

Aspiring students to look elsewhere as US Universities go online ..something like that.

From what I understand, the post was about students looking to change environment via migration to study.
All through your post, there was no slight indication of current students being asked to leave or risking deportation or something. undecided

3 Likes

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by omonla10(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2020
Obviously most students stay back in d usa after graduation.. A lot of hopes dashed.. And I can say a large percentage of students from naija picked USA to school cos of the ease of switching thier immigration status by marriage which might be sham or real.. The US govt is aware of all these and are exploiting ways to stop it..

4 Likes

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Openbusiness3: 8:18am On Jul 07, 2020
Mehn the way, things are going for America ehn, almost as if a race war of Black vs White is about to start. But this kind of policy will never affect medical students or workers. Please what exactly is so special about medical workers that they get special treatment all over the world. Do they have 2 heads or what? No country deports doctors and nurses but they will be reporting everybody else. Y na Rolling my jealous eyes (◔‿◔)

7 Likes

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by bossvinqualad25(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2020
US always behaving like dey are d only country is this world,if you reside in lagos and in need of ileya ram,contact me
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by ArticleBeast: 8:21am On Jul 07, 2020
Another terrible blogger. Wasting data and precious time copying and pasting news
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Charlesleeray: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2020
Trump has a strong fetish for migrants
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Researchclue: 8:59am On Jul 07, 2020
Dear Researchers/Students,
For your Final year students Project Topics and Materials, kindly log on to www.researchclue.com
to get your copy or call 08169050575.

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by kollinskollins(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2020
Make Una go Australia or Germany Una go say na U.S sweet pass.

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by JOACHINpedro: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2020
Chai, I talk am. developed countries will adapt to online classes henceforth. This pandemic will bring forth an evolution to the planet
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Petyr1: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2020
kollinskollins:
Make Una go Australia or Germany Una go say na U.S sweet pass.
but why not England?
England and UK good na
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Iceyjayz: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2020
omonla10:
Obviously most students stay back in d usa after graduation.. A lot of hopes dashed.. And I can say a large percentage of students from naija picked USA to school cos of the ease of switching thier immigration status by marriage which might be sham or real.. The US govt is aware of all these and are exploiting ways to stop it..
Trump is working. grin
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Iceyjayz: 9:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Openbusiness3:
Mehn the way, things are going for America ehn, almost as if a race war of Black vs White is about to start. But this kind of policy will never affect medical students or workers. Please what exactly is so special about medical workers that they get special treatment all over the world. Do they have 2 heads or what? No country deports doctors and nurses but they will be reporting everybody else. Y na Rolling my jealous eyes (◔‿◔)
You should know the obvious, no one needs to tell you.
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by segebase(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2020
make dem come home
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2020
seunlayi:

How?
Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by techmo(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2020
Trump is a Rascal... Can US take such scam?

I paid visa fee , paid tuition, made payment towards accommodation, now you change terms of agreement and turn the coarse to an online program and force me out when I have a valid visa I paid for

Thank God Hushpuppi and Woodberry wound them well while the proceeds are hidden forever in a Bitcoin address

4 Likes

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by apatheticme(f): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Openbusiness3:

It's because in a sane country, people do not joke with their health, cos health is wealth. A Healthy population ensures a functional and sustainable economy.

Another aspect most reasonable countries and governments like the US do not joke with is the defence sector. You'll hardly see any government deporting anyone in the military or paramilitary.

1 Like

Re: US Says International Students On Visas Must Leave Or Risk Deportation If... by ForestHill: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
seunlayi:
What are you saying? sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun State Poly Iree Admission List 2013/2014 / AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY (ABU) Zaria. Student's Chat-room: Great Abusites! / Hit Or Miss:see What A Student From Auchi Poly Student Innovated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.