Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,069 members, 7,859,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North (26758 Views)

2023 Presidency: Mass Defection Looms In South East PDP / South East PDP Governors Re-consider The Buhari Option / PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Process, Says Results Were Concocted By APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by basybasy: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2020
nkwachii:
a Yoruba man can't be president of Nigeria.
North will take it back if Yoruba dares Ibo
What about Ibo? What does Ibo contribute to APC? When APC gives its ticket to Swest, Ibo should do its worst
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by dboss12(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2020
ibo presidential ambition is dead on arrival.
no need of dreaming
spit
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by basybasy: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2020
kponkedenge:

Being a president of a country doesn't mean you are president for only the people that voted for you. This your logic is senseless.
Your analysis is not applicable to Africa. ure d one saying rubbish.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Ezennwa(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2020
dboss12:

no need of dreaming

spit
should be the turn of South East, but since something is not alright, we will be behind anyone from the north, we have to redeem our image.

2023 elections is going to be a do or die affair, should incase south east did not contest for Presidential election, we south east will do everything possible to redeem a northern Presidential candidate

South west does not exist as far as 2023 election is concerned, they will not see any vote from South east and south south, as I said earlier, there's image to redeem, all the insults south east and south south have received from South West would be settled during 2023 elections, a lesson needs be taught.

We will rather vote and support a Goat or a Cow from the North than to support anyone from South West, since they don't want to support us, we will never support them, this is South East Youth Wing decision, remember we are in Democracy, Government of the people, by the people and for the people. We are one Nigeria.

Someone Must Receive Sense Come 2023

Courtesy: Igbo Spokesperson

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by basybasy: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2020
dboss12:

no need of dreaming

spit
I'm not God oo but I can bet it with everything, Ibo can not be president come 2023
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by basybasy: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2020
Ezennwa:
should be the turn of South East, but since something is not alright, we will be behind anyone from the north, we have to redeem our image.

2023 elections is going to be a do or die affair, should incase south east did not contest for Presidential election, we south east will do everything possible to redeem a northern Presidential candidate

South west does not exist as far as 2023 election is concerned, they will not see any vote from South east and south south, as I said earlier, there's image to redeem, all the insults south east and south south have received from South West would be settled during 2023 elections, a lesson needs be taught.

We will rather vote and support a Goat or a Cow from the North than to support anyone from South West, since they don't want to support us, we will never support them, this is South East Youth Wing decision, remember we are in Democracy, Government of the people, by the people and for the people. We are one Nigeria.

Even before u said it. South west knows that nothing good will come out from Ibo, because Ibo has already ruined itself politically in Nigeria. Don't worry, we don't need your vote.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by writeprof(m): 11:43am On Jul 08, 2020
Suswan has only 'leaked' a 'secret.' The North has no intention of getting out of Aso Rock soon. APC, though fragmenting, has Tinubu, Aregbesola, ElRufai, Osinbajo et al eyeing Aso Rock but it will zone President to the South (west) and dissatisfied northern candidates will move to the PDP who would have zoned the slot to the North with option for Eastern VP to play the South East against the South west. In all of these, the South East is the loser for not having a UNITED FRONT.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Ritchiee: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2020
kalvoken:

LOL, so it's now your benue village they would confidently zone their tickets to?

Don't be surprised when APC refurbish orji uzo Kalu and present him instead of tinubu. This means pdp will have no choice than to field Peter obi.

But all these are in my dreams, northerners will never allow South to mount that seat. They have built that disunity in Southern regions so they can cling to power perpetually.

I bet you are Igbo.You too dey fear fear the North 3 much.I prefer a Yoruba man for 2023 but if not,I will vote an Igboman.
I can never vote an Hausa Fulani man again,not so soon,after I have seen what had happened since I got wise as a Nigerian.

Mind you,I voted for Buhari in 2015 becauae of the restructuring and corruption fight they professed they will embark upon but all is a lie.

Looking at the antecedents,development and achievements of the 3 major groups,I have decided that I will choose accordingly thus..
Best....Yoruba
Better...Igbo
Good.....Hausa Fulani.

I am not being tribalistic but being frank.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by sule17(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author= post=91497154][b]SOUTH EAST:

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that GOD BLESS YOU MAN
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by OPPPS: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Nchenches:

But Nigeria’s 36 states and Abuja political structure with constitutional provision that a presidential candidate must win 25% in 24 states, only a northerner can win Nigeria’s presidential election.

Until the Yoruba and Igbo unite to have Nigeria restructured politically, only northern presidential candidates can easily win.
So Obasanjo is a Northern? I wonder if people like you think before they talk
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by OPPPS: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
Ezennwa:

We will. Not with your 5%
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by dboss12(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2020
we the ss would make sure that ibos got nothing in this country,

politics is a dirty game they say, the thing I shall hate till end of my life, it makes street boys to be the rulers, slaves and servants to rule their masters, because they can muster the majority,

when politics came to Nigeria first, our country was made three regions, our section was the eastern region and lbos were counted in majority,

In the first elected eastern house in 1951, professor Eya lta became the first government leader,
his government was toppled by lbo people because it was not led by an lboman.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by joeyfire(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
When they were killing Igbos kids in the name of Python dance where were these clowns? Time for politics they quickly open their smelly mouths to yarn.

I've been saying it for a while. Atiku and Tinubu will unite soon. SE governors are undercover SOX members and they have been promised something based on 2023
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by sule17(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
NO BIAFRA NO PRESIDENT TILL 2063

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Excuses: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Who ever imerges the winner and does what is right for the people is my man..

My worry for igbo people is why didn't they show loyalty,love,solidarity and support for Dim Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu when he contested for Senate after returning from asylum. The one in whom they are duely represented. igbo people don't like theirself.

Imagine the whole WAR LORD losing it on his people.

I asked my dad, is he not the one History said, risked everything for his people.

From that day i never take igbo people serious!
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Hotice085: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
tesppidd:
Initial gra gra.

The South East has been the pillar of PDP ever since but their only value to PDP is getting votes for them.

Even then,
By the time they zone it to them now, they will present 100 people who would never step down for one another.

And so what?
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
All nigga-arians politicians in Biafraland should take their elections to Abuja or overseas to votes. No more Niggarea elections gathering in Biafraland.

The fulani political terrorist are working on using covid-19 as a weapons to rig and destroy their opponents in 2023 election campaigns.

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by kalvoken(m): 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ritchiee:

I bet you are Igbo.You too dey fear fear the North 3 much.I prefer a Yoruba man for 2023 but if not,I will vote an Igboman.
I can never vote an Hausa Fulani man again,not so soon,after I have seen what had happened since I got wise as a Nigerian.

Mind you,I voted for Buhari in 2015 becauae of the restructuring and corruption fight they professed they will embark upon but all is a lie.

Looking at the antecedents,development and achievements of the 3 major groups,I have decided that I will choose accordingly thus..
Best....Yoruba
Better...Igbo
Good.....Hausa Fulani.

I am not being tribalistic but being frank.

Your choice is your choice, leave mine. to me.
Well as for your guess of me being igbo, your instinct no fail you. I am igbo. You think igbo man dey fear hausa, I wonder what you think of your yoruba people. Please let's not make this an igbo and yoruba thing. In reality, you are no treat to igbo in politics. Neither is. Igbo a treath to yoruba. But they always make us to see it that way, for their own gain.

You claim to have regained your sense after 2015, were you not warned, warned and rewarded? See, me am not ready to get your type of sense now. I fact, igbo is no good not to mention better. Fulani is the best, hausa is better and the middle belts good. Where ever you place yoruba is your own concern.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by kalvoken(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Excuses:
Who ever imerges the winner and does what is right for the people is my man..

My worry for igbo people is why didn't they show loyalty,love,solidarity and support for Dim Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu when he contested for Senate after returning from asylum. The one in whom they are duely represented. igbo people don't like theirself.

Imagine the whole WAR LORD losing it on his people.

I asked my dad, is he not the one History said, risked everything for his people.

From that day i never take igbo people serious!

Guy, worry for yourself. An average igbo man can take Care of itself.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by dapotanye(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
post=91497154:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now after election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. We heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

We really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We have learnt not to bother ourself anymore to avoid unnecessary arguements with nonentities
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it..

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

J.I

Only a sensible person like you can ever see sense in this.
Glad to see we still have intelligent people with a sound mind like you around.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.
The truth, nothing but the truth.
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by richie240: 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
Charmingrascal:
No party will risk giving its Presidential ticket to the South East.

It's a big risk that can end the relevance of a political party. That's the bitter truth
Chai......see 'see-finish'.
Its nobody's fault but theirs tho.

#chiken_has_come_home_to_roost!

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by johnmartus(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Wishful thinking. APC ticket is coming to southwest.
PDP can go to southeast whatever.
GuyWise101:
Igbos are only demanding that PDP and Apc should zone their candidate in SE alone as it was done to Yorubas and North when it was their turn.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by TechSkill: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I'm Yoruba and I don't want you to read my comment from a tribalistic point of view, please. I don't even like to comment on political matters but I want to point something out to you.

It will be historic and far better for an Igbo man to contest the presidency and lose on the platform of the PDP than for Atiku contest and win.

This is a party you've helped build like any other region and for just too long but you're willing to gamble Atiku for the presidency but scared to gamble your own man?

Isn't that even slavery? If your man loses, then so be it but pushing another tribe forward because you're scared of the APC's candidate is not wise. The federal might still rests on the APC and they can explore all means to rig Atiku out again. Then would you field Atiku after 4 years again?

Man up and look anyone who stands in your way in the eyes. Else, you'll simply remain a pawn on the board of the PDP.

Bro, the problem is the ideology of APC as party is too evil to our existence. It has no nutrient and we all are feeling it.

I can't forget that it was during PDP reign that we got hit by global economic recession and I know how they handled it and the masses didn't feel the heat much.

It was during their reign that we got our debt relief... yes, things were not so good but the velocity of their impact were slow.

So, my reason for saying what I said it is

1. The Igbo man will not be supported for now if we choose to go that route. It is a reality and the average Igbo man does not live in denial.

2. I would rather have PDP win the election than allow another 8 years of APC, EXCEPT Osinbajo will be allowed to fly the flag in 2023.

Things are bad bro... very bad...

The problem is APC is not masses oriented... virtually all their policies are ANTI-PEOPLE.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by OreMI22: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
[s]
Amotolongbo:
This is where the Ndigbo and Atiku Abubakar go fight.

I don’t see Atiku backing out on his presidential ambition, and the last time I checked, Atiku is from the North east and not south east.
[/s]

How polarized and tribalized Nigeria has become today, it is in the best interest of Igbo for the Presidency to go to a moderate northerner from the northeast zone in 2023. Since democracy is a game of numbers, you strategize the best way to win and not always plan to lose woefully.

All this talk by Yoruba to massage Igbo ego on how it has been PDP for 2,000 years, Igbo is the only one without a President and other total nonsense blah blah blah are designed by Tinubu to make the 2023 contest a Yoruba versus Igbo election. So they can rig it mercilessly.

Only naive people like Tinubu will be hoping on APC and PDP giving its tickets to a southerner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by amadasunfarm(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nigeria is a country with six geopolitical zones and three of this zone (south west, south south, north west) produced the president already and it is time for one of the zones (south east, north east, middles belt) to produced the president now ,It will be good for the south east to work with one of the two to produced the president or vice president in 2023 election . If not so Nigeria should forget about the zoning
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by farem: 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is where the Ndigbo and Atiku Abubakar go fight.

I don’t see Atiku backing out on his presidential ambition, and the last time I checked, Atiku is from the North east and not south east.
It's not true. These PEOPLE willingly sentenced themselves to bondage, slavery and captivity under PDP and they can never be awaken from this sleep of death. If they perceived that South West is featuring any candidate, they won't mind continuing with the bondage even if PDP is featuring Abubakar Atiku Shekau!
This is the political covenant they unwittingly signed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by hollah123: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ezennwa:

both in APC n PDP u Igbos don't have d political strength to match yorubas

so u believe APC will give it's ticket to south east after all d hatred?

Nnamdi Kanu has succeeded in making Igbos seen as a hater of all,so it's hard for any party to field an Igbo person.n I laugh anytime I hear let d North continue,d North is super wise n they know d implications of ruling straight up for 16 years n they won't try it.

if u check d political permutations since 1999 u will understand that power is coming to d south n d south with slug it out d same way they did in 99 when Alex ekweme contested against obj,so all southerners will slug it out again.

What u don't understand is that once north rules for 8 years they become deputy for the next 8 years n that's how it has been since 99

obj/Atiku....... northerner as VP
Yar'Adua/Jonathan........... northerner as president
Jonathan/Sambo........ northerner as VP
buhari/osinbajo........ northerner as president
south /north....... northerner as VP.

if u study d above trend u will realise that after presidency northerners become VP n they collect it after,so if u Igbos queue behind northern president now even d North will go against it cos they know it means they will b out of presidency for 16 years.

Nobody have obj presidency on a platter of gold,he n an Igbo man contested so a Yoruba man n an igbo man will fight it out again
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Yebosola(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
tamdun:
Now you are talking,no region deserve pdp presidential ticket more than South East, APC will not give you their ticket because they hardly get 5% of south East votes and if pdp failed to give u the ticket, I see no reason why u should continue with the loyalty except...

Their brains has now been factory reset, kudo to them, day don brake, how can a whole tribe be voting PDP back to back and b poke nosing in APC matter? Now u are demanding your salary from zenith, not Gt Bank where u are not a staff >: grin grin
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Yebosola(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
majamajic:

SW PDP is weak

Now as weak as SE APC, fact
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Chisomchisom: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
omenka:
Pachukwudi44 peeped and ran away. Any comments on this sir? cheesy
The PDP ticket will definitely go to the North
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
post=91497154:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

REWIND TO 2014. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now after election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. We heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

We really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We have learnt not to bother ourself anymore to avoid unnecessary arguements with nonentities
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it..

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

J.I

Only a sensible person like you can ever see sense in this.
Glad to see we still have intelligent people with a sound mind like you around.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.
this marvelous write-up will be with me for a long time for the purpose of reminding some persons the importance of this post....God bless the writer !

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances / Shehu Sani Shades President Buhari Over His Chibok-Dapchi Jonathan Comparison / APC Picks Worgu Boms To Replace Victor Giadom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.