Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. (1543 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / My Woman Wears Very Short And Tight Outfits. I Cautioned Her, This Is Happening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
If you are up to 18 yrs, surprise him by doing things men do.
You will earn his respect.
Though he may not say it but you have earned it.

While doing that, be smart and subtle yet the o yes type.

All these boys of nowadays sef grin

If u want to be a rebel, be a positive rebel.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

If you know my Pman ehnn....
Something that Doesn't even worth shouting to , he will start saying all manner of words.
This Morning ehnn na because i didnt give fowl food, I start to hear history about his Dad that died long time ago bla bla bla....
Mtcheww
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Mariangeles(f): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Buh it is getting too much na.
I went to my guy side yesterday, So when i got back home he asked me Where i was coming from, I told him I went to chill in my guy side cuz boredom is killing me at home.
Nd he start saying his cruelty nd harsh words on me as usual.... I swear i feel like hitting him yesterday buh I gats cool my temper.
I'm fed up... Olohun

It is better to walk out on your father than to hit him.
Don't ever attempt to lay your hand on your father no matter how he provokes you, 'cause if you do, tie ti ba e niyen!
Iwo gan o ni fe se oriburuku l'aye
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Mariangeles(f): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
seankafor:
madam, some parents (father's) in particular are t just the romantic and humorous type..

I can relate what the op is going through 100%..

It's been 3 years I spoke to my dad in phone, even when at house our chats are just hello hi kinda discussion..

When you have a strict self acclaimed disciplinarian as a dad, dem no dey tell person..
But I thank God for mom Shaa, I always tell him to his face that he is lucky to have married my kinda mom.

@op.. how about your mom, I hope she isn't anything like your old man..

I can feel you 101 %

As a full grown man now, have you made any attempts to approach your dad again? To rebuild your relationship?
Give him another chance.
You can start by having small talks with him even though you might feel awkward...
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by NairalandSARS: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Please, My Dad is always cruelty nd harsh on me everytime.
Any small thing like diz he will start to talk.
Nd his cruelty nd his harsh words sometimes always make me feel like killing someone.
I'm even thinking of leaving his house for him.
Or what do u think I can do abeg.
How old are you?
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Fidelismaria: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

Your own son will beat you up!

Bite me
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 1:50am On Jul 09, 2020
seankafor:
well, we are currently is same shoes reason I reason with you 100%..

See what you gonna do..

He is still your dad and you re still in his house, so far as you re still in his roof, just melow down and dance along because I believe sooner than later you gonna soon be your own man.

Now I know you re still in your 20's just like me too.. do you know that I rarely visit home unless on December periods.. am still in the university thoor.. house is not gonna offer you anything apart from free food.

Now I dont know your level but once you resume school, try as much as possible to hustle on your own.. just make sure you re independent a little so atleast you can stay on your own for long..
Maybe one or 2 occasion you visit home and help in some chores depending on your financial dependency On them..
In my case I rarely call them or even ask them for money.. so in anything you do, just try and hustle so as to be independent.

Staying with your parents and eating mama thank you can psych up your brains especially when with our kinda dad's..

But while at it.. still give him his levels..

All these people saying you should seat him down and talk to him.. I laugh because they don't know what's going on.. at my age now.. if am watching TV in the parlor and my dad steps in, unless it's an interesting football match, I'll just leave the parlour for him..
That strictness and non humorous attitude we were brought up with is still partially in us even in 200 years to come..
I feel you bro...just endure it while it lasts..

Thanks Bruh.
You too much
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 1:50am On Jul 09, 2020
NairalandSARS:

How old are you?

Schooling at Fuoye.
300L
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 1:53am On Jul 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

It is better to walk out on your father than to hit him.
Don't ever attempt to lay your hand on your father no matter how he provokes you, 'cause if you do, tie ti ba e niyen!
Iwo gan o ni fe se oriburuku l'aye

Dem no born me to lay my hand on my Papa.
I wan die niyen...
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 1:56am On Jul 09, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Beat him up

Lol... You joking dude.
So u want me to beat him up....
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by ayobarmy(m): 3:05am On Jul 09, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Lol... You joking dude.
So u want me to beat him up....

Pls Son, don't even think of trying to beat your dad, the end is always bad....

Now let me borrow you a small brain, We children of nowadays sometimes don't help matters, especially when we are in University. See my friend, I think your father is a no nonsense Daddy and you don't seems to respect that. Please try all you can, to give him all the respect he deserves, don't go and "chill with your friend" without his approval, don't stay away from the house for too long, because your presence might be needed...

To the father's...
We father's too should try as much as possible, not to the venting all our problems on our family, YES sometimes we have so many things bottled up in our minds, But we shouldn't allow our problems turn us into a monster to our children......

So my guy, cool down small eeeeehhnn, Daddy loves you so much, that's why he's always on your case..... Just play your part well and you shall see the loving side of your daddy....

God bless you....

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 09, 2020
Don't get worked-up yourself. That is an "average" Nigerian father for you. That man "loves" you and he is just looking out for you.

My father during his 40s - 60s was like a VOLTRON. His energy was too much. He escalated little things but that was just his nature.
But he is calm now, most probably due to his old age (70s). Power no dey like before.

Some how, I see myself also taking after him. I can be very mean. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2020
ayobarmy:

Pls Son, don't even think of trying to beat your dad, the end is always bad....

Now let me borrow you a small brain, We children of nowadays sometimes don't help matters, especially when we are in University. See my friend, I think your father is a no nonsense Daddy and you don't seems to respect that. Please try all you can, to give him all the respect he deserves, don't go and "chill with your friend" without his approval, don't stay away from the house for too long, because your presence might be needed...

To the father's...
We father's too should try as much as possible, not to the venting all our problems on our family, YES sometimes we have so many things bottled up in our minds, But we shouldn't allow our problems turn us into a monster to our children......

So my guy, cool down small eeeeehhnn, Daddy loves you so much, that's why he's always on your case..... Just play your part well and you shall see the loving side of your daddy....

God bless you....

Thanks Bruh... You too much
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2020
Ninejaywon:
Don't get worked-up yourself. That is an "average" Nigerian father for you. That man "loves" you and he is just looking out for you.

My father during his 40s - 60s was like a VOLTRON. His energy was too much. He escalated little things but that was just his nature.
But he is calm now, most probably due to his old age (70s). Power no dey like before.

Some how, I see myself also taking after him. I can be very mean. smiley

Thanks Bruh
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by frozen70(f): 3:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Please, My Dad is always cruelty nd harsh on me everytime.
Any small thing like diz he will start to talk.
Nd his cruelty nd his harsh words sometimes always make me feel like killing someone.
I'm even thinking of leaving his house for him.
Or what do u think I can do abeg.

What makes you think it's just you alone, are you the only child at home and what about your mum

Do you think if you leave home you can cope, you have to think well

If you kill him or do something stupid you go to jail

Find out his does and don't and stop challenging his authority at home

Take exams get I to school, its another way of staying away from home problem

If you are not attached to your dad, get attached to you mother

Mothers are more softer to relate with than dad's

And if it happens that your mum too is facing the same thing you are facing then you have to appreciate her for enduring uptil this moment

It's time then for you to find your level, struggle and achieve success then you are free from his troubles

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Caught Having Sex On Church Altar With Two Ladies / Can Marriage To A Beautiful Woman Keep A Man From Philandering? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.