Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) (81868 Views)

Northern Green Anaconda: World Biggest Snake Discovered In The Amazon Rainforest / Anaconda Wraps Itself Round A Deadly Caiman In Brutal Fight For Survival(Pics) / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Zimri(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
SirMichael1:
What is happening in the picture? An anaconda constricted a prey (snake) but the prey is still biting it? Is that possible? @Pocohantas.

That's a King Cobra and a constrictor. A king Cobra is venomous by nature, it took it bite before finally giving up the ghost.

It didn't end well as both of them were never alive to tell the story. Poco na herpetologist?!

3 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
They are actually huge.
Check out this one from one of E.explorers post.

There's really no much difference from the one in the movie.. I'm sure there are still ones that are bigger than this. So

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
SKhanmi:
Hmmm, Interesting expose. I wonder how they taste sha cheesy
See this one grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
You can stay in a room with a hungry anaconda for one week to determine if it's dangerous cool

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Kingnelson9: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
QueenMelinda:
But those things are big o even in real life
when last and where did u see it last?
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by bluefilm: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
But why is Seun and his snake boss Lalasticlala trying to make all Nairalanders to become snake lovers and snake worshipers like them?

I hope there is no hidden agenda?

In fact, I cover myself with the precious blood of Jesus Christ against any spirit of snake that might to torment my life because of my exposure to snakes on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kingnelson9:
when last and where did u see it last?
on tv
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by zudozz: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
I so much hate this thing they call snake..I dont know y I always view d picture.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by ehissi(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
This kind thing go contain normal pot so............ undecided

Ayam not the one thinking of pepper soup, asking for a friend........... grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Zimri:

That's a King Cobra and a constrictor. A king Cobra is venomous by nature, it took it bite before finally giving up the ghost.

It didn't end well as both of them were never alive to tell the story. Poco na herpetologist?!
When a constrictor meets a venomous snake it’s usually is the case....the constrictor will strangle the venomous snake but the venomous snake will get in a bite before dying so they both end up dead at last....unless the constrictor is immune to that particular snake’s bite.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by budusky05(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Yes it's a dangerous snake but not as depicted in the movie.

It's a none venomous snake and does not literally kill if not hungry. No reported case of it eating humans. But is capable of if hungry and has no other option.

4 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Who even move this to front page stupid question
Go inside thick bush and know if it's dangerous or not grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Muurian:

Thank you.
Good job ,Murrian.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Kingnelson9: 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
QueenMelinda:
on tv
thatz fake,anaconda does nt exist
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by gonkin(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
Big meat
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Doctortyre: 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kingnelson9:
thatz fake,anaconda does nt exist
i watched it on nat geo wild,how is it fake?
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Shakaranews2020: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
Wow. Nice
Meanwhile, see the beautiful super blaaaaack Sudanese Model Runtown is dating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTsL025LAYQ
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Grateful02(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
If you don watch this movie know say you old
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Kingnelson9: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
QueenMelinda:
i watched it on nat geo wild,how is it fake?
4get natgeo...
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
What Da Fvck Are You Posting
Anacondas are Not As Dangerous As Hollywood says?

You Must Be On Weed.

Dont Underestimate Any one
Watch Videos On Youtube
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by HBB1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
Toluobaeko11:

Something that was killed by one of my relative in Ogbese, Ondo state, it was also killed inside Ona river in Iju, Ondo state. My friends in the riverine area in Irele and Okitipupa do kill it once in a while in their camps.
Forget the hype, anacondas are very dangerous, but not as aggressive as in the movies, just don't go near it if you don't know the tactics. People are killing it anyhow in the forests, the only problem is that they don't have access to internet to show it

Anaconda in Nigeria?

What the Bleep are you saying dude?!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
believe hollywood at ur own peril
hollywood is always fond of portraying animals as dangerious
is it king kong ?
is it ana conda?
is it jaws?
it is Godzilla?
they even brought back an extinct animal back to life and portrayed it as vicious in the movie jurrasic park
hollywood has its own wahala
they portray deadly animals as friendly as in the lion king and chroncles of narnia while friendly animals are portrayed as dangerious
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Toluobaeko11:
Anacondas are not as dangerous as portrayed in the movies. It's very dangerous when it attacked unaware. You can even use your hand to carry a big one, but you'll trace its head from the tail till you get to its head because it response to stimuli is extremely slow, and no matter how big it is, if you successfully grab its head, it can't do anything again (don't try this though).
One things people don't understand is that, the bigger the snake the easier to kill it, I fear smaller snakes more. With a well filled cutlass, you'll defeat an anaconda, but you have to have courage sha, just make sure you give it a wound first, it'll be weak to fight.
*NOTE* NEVER FIGHT AN ANACONDA INSIDE THE WATER, IF YOU DO, JUST BE READY TO SAY YOUR GOODBYE FOREVER!!!!
We've heard you sir but can you please go to some thick forest and try some practical capturing yourself you and your crew and come back to give us some feedback cause you're saying it like it very easy well like the yourubas use to say the young horse look forward to the steppings of the elder horse to run grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Muurian:

Source: https://www.quora.com/Is-the-anaconda-really-as-dangerous-as-shown-in-the-movies-of-the-same-name

Lol,they aren't at all.Anacondas are the largest snake in the world in terms of girth and mass.But there have been no recorded cases of anacondas swallowing humans.The only snake confirmed to have swallowed humans is the reticulated python.

2 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Interesting..
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by pquaver(m): 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
Eazie351:
anacondas can be dangerous but not as portrayed in the movie, yanking a man weighing over 80kg out of water with such swiftness and ease. lol. one even pulled a man up on a tree with his head.

it's often exaggerated for such animals.
you ever watched a piranha movie?

Brother I will suggest you rethink that exaggeration... A green anaconda from op writing is 30 feet.. Bros do yo know what 30feet is? Many people we hail for being tall are about 6feet max 7 feet.. Bro these animals at close rage are definitely deadly especially inside water.. There is no exaggeration.. 1 vs1 with a man bro the human has no chance..

3 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by SirMichael1: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
Zimri:

That's intresting. Is a cobra also an anaconda 'cause that king cobra looks like one.

i don't think so. I've seen her comments on certain snake thread around here, so i figured she might know.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
Eulalia:
They are actually huge.
Check out this one from one of E.explorers post.

There's really no much difference from the one in the movie.. I'm sure there are still ones that are bigger than this. So
go On Youtube and Search For Largest Anacondas.

Or Search For This Video "two Divers And One Anaconda"

You Would Be Surprised That This One Is Still Growing

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by HBB1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
budusky05:
Yes it's a dangerous snake but not as depicted in the movie.

It's a none venomous snake and does not literally kill if not hungry. No reported case of it eating humans. But is capable of if hungry and has no other option.

No case of ot eating humans?

OK o!
grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Tattooboy: 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Skinnienigga:

Lol. Those snakes your people killed were probably pythons, most likely the african rock pythons. Anacondas are not found in Africa.
they don't talk about the Python in Africa,I heard it's taller than Palm trees and has a diamond with which it sees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos / Mysterious Beast Washes Up On Greek Island. Does Anyone Know Its Name? (Photos) / Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.