Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Second Part- Betrayer Of Identity. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Second Part- Betrayer Of Identity. (316 Views)

Betrayer Of Identity. / The Solution To The Identity Crisis Of Igbo Communities / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Second Part- Betrayer Of Identity. by philoedu(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
It must be observed that whatever the Africans are currently going through is not the fault of the present generation of the of European. Because I distaste the use of the word White or Black, of cause, even the Blacks are more of the advocacy of what looks like what bone out of self undoing, due to a bunch of psychological trauma of the past, from African perspective from one generation to the other till present day, that tends to become the norms. I must say again that among the current generations of whatever Continent or Culture, it is only the Africans who are still carrying the stigma of the past, even though, one maybe induce to believe to a large extent, that God had tried to favor them in terms of virtually everything to overcome their setbacks., yet they fail to recognize this due to external distraction.
Undeniably so, yet they still believe that they can do nothing on their own without anyone telling them what they must do, in the name of economic cooperation or marketing of oil because they have no idea how to convert this into other resources. Agreed indeed, but looking for instance other Continent like Asia, who were faced with the dilemma or others being colonized like the Africans: will any one say, through observation,they are not telling the Africans something?, of course, they are telling us something, but due to the usual distraction and maybe the almighty confusion, that culminated into an act of attitude of indifference, they fail to take notice of it.
It is instructive to know that African problem is the very problem of the most remote part of any African continent, except of cause, those of the North Africans, who sometimes, see themselves not really dispose to be part of Africans, and come to view the Africans as disappointing set of environment to be part, apart from the Economic aspect. But let us face it, history have always guides any individual or nation towards improvement, but not in the context of African politics or Economic front. Why?
This is true , because now there is the current believe that they must unite before they can know what their problem is and do something about. Really?, personally, I just think that such thinking is bone out of the almighty confusion and indeed, in what I may call mental laziness , of which I am pretty sure could make anyone to smile without say anything.

Personally, I get disturbed, not without mind bugling about this utterances, take for instance, that a Governor will say that they can do nothing unless other states join hand with them, before they can do something for their own people, even the most basic things in that matter. In fact, these are the same individual who are not even united in their villages , communities, or even in their countries, now talking about the unity of African before they could overcome their inability to manage their family affairs or community, I think they need to reflect over what looks like an utterances that hold nothing.

This same is true, that each of these African country, must learn to unite and develop their various country first through regional cooperation or state cooperation which is a process, and by extension to neighboring African countries just like the European. Remember that the Europeans never unite themselves before they develop. (To be continue)
Read more on ;- http://www.philoedublog.com
Re: Second Part- Betrayer Of Identity. by AreaFada2: 2:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Interesting but you are addressing too many aspects of our problem at the same time.

Maybe you can try doing sub-headings like: History, slavery, Colonialism, Independence, Post-independence, Politics, Ethnic tensions, etc. Or in any other way to make the write up more attractive to read an be more coherent.

Thanks though.
Re: Second Part- Betrayer Of Identity. by philoedu(m): 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thanks indeed, l did it purposely out of frustration, due to our attitude to African problems, as if it does not exist at all.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Tired Of Foreigners Criticising Africa. The Black Man Is His Own Worst Enemy / A Critical Appraisal Of The Nigerian 60th Anniversary Logo / Oba Akiolu's Humiliation, Punishment From The Gods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.