Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! (3640 Views)

Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? / Mujahid Dokubo Asari; Al Mustapha Must Not Die. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by babasin(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2007
Nigerian court frees oil militant:

Oil militant leader Mujahid Dokubo-Asari is freed on bail after almost two years in custody on treason charges.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/default.stm

is this good or bad for Niger-Delta?

cool grin cool
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by babasin(m): 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2007
Asari is key to bringing peace to the delta

Emmanuel Diffa
Niger Delta elder

Umm can anyone trust this guy?
shocked sad
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Mamajama(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2007
Remember just becausethe court freed him does not mean he will be release. This is Nigeria
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2007
Na wah for you O! Just because the court freed him means he MUST be released. Abeg O! Nigeria is a law abiding society. The law has spoken.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Mamajama(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2007
who is the law? who will enforce the judgment?
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by GNature(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
I am sorry to say this, but the kidnappings are not going to stop. At most, may be there'll be a short break, but Dokubo-Asari's release is not going to stop the kidnappings.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Bolarge(m): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
Nothing dey happen.

@GNature
I agree with u 100%.The kidnappings ain't got nuffin to do with any noble cause no more (if it ever did).
It's all 'bout lining some warlords' pockets now.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by AbdulWasiu(m): 12:42am On Jun 15, 2007
Thats really a good news for MEND and Nigeria as a nation.
I do hope,sincerely,that this will mark d end of hostage taking in d country.
We can only wait and see.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Okeamu1(m): 2:07am On Jun 15, 2007
What about uwazurike??
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 15, 2007
In my opinion, its a stupid move.

With the way that guy threatens people, not just common men, the likes of OBJ and members of the Judiciary- that's not the best move they could have made. I respect human life and I believe in the rule of law, but with the state of naija, this is taking it too far.

I only hope and pray that the people that gave him freedom will be able to tame him. He is fighting a just cause but I believe that there are more civilized ways of going about it. The arms in the naija delta alone subdue the Nigerian Army if reports I have read are any thing to go by.

The Niger Delta has fast become a bottomless pit like NITEL and NEPA (PHCN), there is no amount of money that is pumped into it that will be seen, the people that benefit from it will not allow it work. Lets be truthful. I was privy to the workings of executives of OSOPADEC/NDDC at a time, these are indigenes of the oil producing regions o, they will squander all the money and once in a year, they will commission a block of classrooms as project. They were always in the banks negotiating God knows what. These Dokubo's uncles and cousins oooooo

Naija! For how long will the country survive this wahala.

God dey!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by esecy(m): 4:26am On Jun 15, 2007
na wao, Shell say make im staff stay house because of dokubo!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by naijaway(m): 4:54am On Jun 15, 2007
@abdulWasiu, you said something very intresting by saying this is good for the country.

I agree with you on that cuz for once our Nigerian government obeyed the decision of the nation.  If thats going to stop the attrocites from the militants part that is still yet to be seen.
Dokunbo should know that this is a pardon by the president and most people of Nigeria from all tribes because some people were against his release and am one of them because i hoped for some form of principle and discipline. I hope dokunbo knows that is wrong for him to think is out of fear he got released and therefore try to increase his tactics that the nation wouldn't find it funny with him.
 Well, i guess we all hope for peace amongst us,, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by tunrexdj(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2007
ASARI DOKUBO'S RELEASE IS GOOD BUT WHAT IS MOST GRATIFYING IS THAT "ASARI NOW KNOWS THAT NO SINGLE INDIVIDUAL IS GREATER THAN THE STATE".
I BET THAT,ALL THESE TALKS ABOUT DESTROYING NIGERIA WILL CEASE TO COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2007
good
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by otuwe(f): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2007
Oke_amu:

What about uwazurike??

i wonder oh my broda igbos are not united at all, ses how yorubas faught for gani adams and the niger delta faught for their own person yes the igbos are not even bothered abt uwazurike, its a shame
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by otokx(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2007
I hope he has not been poisoned.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by viee(f): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2007
Oke_amu:

What about uwazurike??

so because we no dey kidnap oyibo, dem no go grant Uwazurike bail, abi? angry angry angry angry
no wahala, all the oyibos wey full my office are in real trouble angry angry angry
imagine nonsense angry
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by mobbi06(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2007
angry angry angrythe problem of the the country is more than that of asari dokubo ; as far as i believe. asari only constitutes a minute fractiion of the current instability in the nation. the major problem we have to contend with are those political leaders who take the wealth of the masses and use it as they deem fit.
Poverty, lack of good infrastructure, e.g the power sector; as i speak to you, i have'nt seen light in port harcourt for over a mmonth, and yet we are supposed toi have a gas turbine. the high cost of goods due to inflation in the economy,yet tells me that nigeria is already crippled in comatose. all these are fuels to the average citizen in the country. in effect, i say that stability and unity in the country is not penitent on the judgement of one man , but a judgement on all.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by mekoyo(m): 10:52am On Jun 15, 2007
I just pray and hope that he is not going to continue the fight. Truly he is fighting a just case but in a very wrong way, we cannot get peace from violence.

I just hope he'll be calm and settle this problem peacefully.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by edatika(m): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2007
funny enough, i guess it's too late
i understand that they are no longer uniform bodies

as they are now in fragments such that a group will invade now, and in a few minutes time another group will show up

they make so much money from the kidnappings without reporting to any sole leader.
these guys make hundreds of millions.
someone will now show up and be telling them stories,

i'm kind of skeptical about the whole issue,
as much as i feel it's good, i think it's a little late.

although he might probably make an impact, i dont think he has such stronghold as he used to.

I pray there is an end to this ASAP.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Soundmind(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2007
I pray that this will bring a little peace in the troubled Niger Delta. I am very surprise that Igbos are very silent about Uwazurike. Where are the Igbo leaders and leaders of thought? I mean the ojukwus, ekwuemes, ozobus, kanus etc. Edwin Clark was out for Asari's case and pursued it to the end. See the end result. Pls, who will do so for Uwazurike?
Ndigbo, ihere mee unu.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Seun(m): 11:40am On Jun 15, 2007
I pray that this will bring a little peace in the troubled Niger Delta
Don't be naive. If prayer could bring peace due to Dokubo's release, it would have brought peace before it.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Beline(f): 11:51am On Jun 15, 2007
For those who think he shouldn't have been release for the safety of whatever they think should remember that the kidnapping issue started when he was retained unjustfully, his men needed his release by all means which make them turned to kidnapping before realizing that it is a big business.

For those of you who think he should have been left to die in retention remember he is someone like you or even more than you with blood and water flowing in his system fighting for the common masses. Asari unlike his canterpart Adams was not killing innocent soul but your government think he is a treat to the nation and arrested him in an unjust manner.

He is not a poor man that you will think he want to enrich himself neither is he greedy he would have join the thieves even with the mouth watering bribe your government do offer him and to tell you that he is not after money he do reject them.

@ogbonge

He threaten the thieves and the unjust who knew the truth but refuse to speak for the fear of God knows what not the just and the innocent one unlike the like of Gani Adams which his group get people harassed and they beat so many innocent souls to dead in the name of OPC, this is the man that got his freedom a long time ago because he wasn't a treat to the government abi?

REMEMBER THE GUILTY ONES ALWAYS THINK THAT EVERY POINTED FINGER IS POINTED AT THEM
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2007
Sorry but who is Uwazurike, not heard of him (i dont read the dailys always, yeah i dont )!!!!!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Everbright(f): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2007
quite interesting cheesy
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Seun(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2007
If this man loves Niger Deltans so much, shouldn't he use his millions to build schools and hospitals for them?
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Beline(f): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2007
Seun:

If this man loves Niger Deltans so much, shouldn't he use his millions to build schools and hospitals for them?

As public or private school? if public then what will the federal and state govt do and to crown it all schools is not the main problem that the N/Deltans are facing.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Beline(f): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2007
emmeno:

Sorry but who is Uwazurike, not heard of him (i don't read the dailys always, yeah i don't )!!!!!

Uwazurike is the leader of MASSOB just like Adams is for OPC and Asari for MEND
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2007
Shebi government has freed Dokubo now?

Next thing dem go talk say na because of Alameseigha, a great hero in the Niger-Delta struggle, that's why violence will continue.

When Alams is released, they will say it's because of 50% derivation. When that is approved, they will say 100%.

Abeg jare, kidnapping and oil bunkering is good business, criminals don't need an excuse to do it. So they should just shut up and get back to work!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Beline(f): 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2007
denex:

Shebi government has freed Dokubo now?

Next thing them go talk say na because of Alameseigha, a great hero in the Niger-Delta struggle, that's why violence will continue.

When Alams is released, they will say it's because of 50% derivation. When that is approved, they will say 100%.

Abeg jare, kidnapping and oil bunkering is good business, criminals don't need an excuse to do it. So they should just shut up and get back to work!

Alameseigha is not in retention, he was release for health ground a long time ago and he is receiving treatment abroad now
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by herk072179(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2007
Sometimes,i look at the issues going on in nigeria and really don't know what to say .
All we can do is to hope that this action will yield fruits. lipsrsealed
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by McKren(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2007
Honestly its good Asari is released, I believe MEND will be better managed with Asari in the field than Asari in Prison.

Because while Asari has never in record been associated with any petty crimes like stealing or pickpocket, the same can not be said of the likes of Ateke, Soboma George or Prince Igodo. He has formal upbringing and could adhere to some fundamentals as different from others who were ex-criminals. Asari on his part is a Natural rebel but surely not a hoodlum.

Though I doubt if he might command that much respect like he used to have having been in solitary confinement for 2yrs, in fact his relevance at the moment will depend on his loyalty to his lieutenants like Jomo Gbomo.

But what Nigerians should expect now especially those in Niger-Delta, is fierce gang war (ecumenism of some sort) where MEND will try to bully other splinter groups to declare loyalty to them or face attack. When this is achieved, MEND might now have a credible front to negotiate with the Government.

The Asari I heard speaking on BBC Network Africa is likely to change his strategy and do more dialogues with Government (though he is Naturally soft spoken), however whatever strategy he adopts will only make sense when he has all the militants under his command once again.

@Uwazurike
Those calling for the Igbos to launch a campaign for Uwazurike must understand the reservations of Ohaneze Ndigbo and South Eastern governors. As much as the underlying issues that led MASSOB are similar to those of MEND, our society will simply refuse to percieve them in the same manner. As a matter of fact if Uwazurike does the amount of havoc Asari and his MEND are doing he will simply face firing squad.
Do not expect anybody to campaign for Uwazurike, all those concerned about him can do right now is pray that he is given the same treatment as Asari and Ganiyu Adams.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shell Accepts Responsibility For Oil Spills In Ogoniland / Court Stops PDP From Conducting Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / ACN Governors Are Fake Progressives - Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.