Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! (3650 Views)

Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? / Mujahid Dokubo Asari; Al Mustapha Must Not Die. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by abiodunade(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2007
I think is a good thing that the government ve finally decided to free him stylishly by usin d court. with this development, boys or militants in niger delta will relax 4 a while, his release does nt mean d end to hostage taking in niger delta.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by enolase(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2007
The language was "released on bail". The charges were not dropped.

He can go home, but his surety will have to produce him on the date of his next court appearance for his trial to continue.

As for hostage taking (the latest million naira spinning business for all involved in the negotiations and release), it is not going to stop.

A former MILAD was reported as saying in years gone by: PERSON WEY SAY "EGUNJE" NO SWEET, NA PERSON WEY NEVER CHOP AM!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2007
The man has been excused for treatment abroad doesn't mean he's been released.

I hope he doesn't pull one of his transvestite escape plots.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by la1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2007
i think Govt is doin the right thing wether he is being released on "bail" or not,he is being released,it shows that the government of the day is willing to give a liitle so the current stand off can end ,its a clear sign that the current man in charge listens,we are offf to a good start as we all want to c an end to the probs in the N.D.the proverbial ball is now in their court, did i hear someone say SERVICE!!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Ansary(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2007
Well, for me oh, Asari was released ko, pls let these Niger Deltans invite peace to thier father's land and stop all they are doing, am quite sure this new government will try its possible best in assisting them.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by pon4life(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2007
should we rejoice or not?what do we expect from Anambra state now that the supreme court has ruled in favour of mr Peter Obi.where are the lawyers in the house over to you.lets look at this critically.Anambrians
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
REJOICE
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Seun(m): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2007
If this man loves Niger Deltans so much, shouldn't he use his millions to build schools and hospitals for them?

As public or private school? if public then <<snip>>
As a private individual, he obciously can't start a public school.

to crown it all schools is not the main problem that the N/Deltans are facing.
What is the 'main problem' that Niger Deltans are facing? Please share. Has Dokubo used his money to solve it?
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by chexyincx(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2007
They are presently terrorising the innocent people in streets of port-harcourt, all in the name of celebrating the release of Asari. I just hope the public will not regret his release. sad sad
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 6:45am On Jun 17, 2007
The public will not regret his release cos he never committed any offence.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 6:53am On Jun 17, 2007
I hope these MEND people do not kill the man Dokubo because coming from detention, his mind may not have tuned up to their more radical tactics employed over the last three years. A lot of the individuals there may begin to realise he may have become like the Frederick Fasheun or the OPC, and they may be needing a Ganiyu Adams.

That is the whole problem with starting these groups: objectives begin to change.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2007
Nothing wld happen.They are tight
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 7:26am On Jun 17, 2007
I really hope nothing will happen and that they are tight.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 7:27am On Jun 17, 2007
Nothing dey happen
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 7:56am On Jun 17, 2007
No shaking then.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by dblock(m): 8:06am On Jun 17, 2007
It's a good development.

I read an article about Militant Groups saying; that they'll Quit their hostilities.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2007
I read dt too.All wld be fine
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by maki(f): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2007
, and i took some snap shots with him, grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Sorunmu(m): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2007
If its true militants say they wil stop hostilities wat's this about 2 indians kidnapped in delta on friday?
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by denex: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2007
And he kissed my baby.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by iyken(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2007
Those calling for the Igbos to launch a campaign for Uwazurike must understand the reservations of Ohaneze Ndigbo and South Eastern governors. As a matter of fact if Uwazurike does the amount of havoc Asari and his MEND are doing he will simply face firing squad.
Do not expect anybody to campaign for Uwazurike

You have not only displayed a high level of intellectual myopism but also surface knowledge of political equation and absolute ignorance.

As much as the underlying issues that led MASSOB are similar to those of MEND, our society will simply refuse to percieve them in the same manner

Speak for thyself Mr perciever!

For the objectives,the sound at hearts,the depolarised minds and the non-territorials, What is good for the goose is good the gander
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by McKren(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2007
Hello Mr. Sound at heart.

We will understand better how sound at heart you are when you type more of what makes your heart sound than cut and paste other people's statements to make your post longer.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by segebee(m): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2007
i saw on www.naijainfo.com that he plans to fight OBJ back

let's see how this goes
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by ozoneflake(m): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
May be you like it or not Asari is a hero. Only those in south-south really feel and understand what the struggle is all about. The war he won have claimed so many lives but today he is back. For his sake so many thoughts have come on ways and means of helping the bad condition of the average south-south youth and we are proud of him.

His freedom will cause so many changes because it is evidently clear that the ugly kidnaps were as result usurping the situation for criminality. This he has told our people therefore expectantly the ugly situation will stop no doubt.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by Hero(m): 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2007
Militants demand N170m to free hostages

Sylvester Idowu, Warri
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
The armed gang that abducted three Indians and a Pole in Sapele, Delta State, last Friday has demanded for N170 million ransom for their release.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the kidnappers called the chief accountant of the rubber firm that engaged the services of the foreigners on the phone in the early hours of Monday and demanded for the huge sum.

A security source disclosed that it became obvious that the kidnappers did not belong to any of the groups that claimed to be fighting for the Niger Delta cause when they also requested for recharge cards from the accountant.

“One of the kidnappers called the chief accountant of the rubber firm with the mobile phone of one of their captives and demanded for N170 million.

“When the chief accountant said he could not release such amount without the approval of the management, they then requested that recharge cards be sent to them immediately”, the sources disclosed.

It was further learnt that the militants were so desperate that they were prepared to release the hostages last night provided they could make some money from their crime.

“In fact, they want some little money out of this particular case. It is like they don’t have money to continue with the business,” the source said.

Dokubo’s men, police in gun battle

Unease is everywhere in Port Harcourt, caused by the return last Saturday of Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF).

He says he will give the government time to resolve the Niger Delta problem, yet his followers give the police sleepless nights.

They have taken over Agudama Street in D-Line, where Dokubo-Asari has an office, and have been engaging riot policemen in gun battles.

Residents of the D-Line and Garrison areas were forced to flee on Monday morning when policemen and his boys clashed for the second time in 48 hours.

A policeman was injured. One of the boys was shot and taken away.

Sustained gunshots around Okorodudo, Agudama, Mbonu Streets and the office of the Nigeria Telecommunications Limited (NITEL) made some motorists and passers-by to beat a retreat.

Those at the Garrison branch of a bank scampered out just before security men managed to shut the gates.

Siren blared, the gunshots subsided. More policemen arrived and the boys retreated.

Twenty four hours earlier, on Sunday afternoon, gunmen in buses had attacked the Mile One Police Station in central Port Harcourt.

They opened fire to create fear and forced the few policemen on duty to give way for them to accomplish their mission.

The policemen replied, and immediately reinforced, forcing the gunmen to escape through Obasanjo Link Road.

Traders at the Mile One Market and worshippers returning from church ran in different directions.

Nonetheless, Police Public Relations Officer, Ireju Barasua, said on Monday the police are working hard to maintain law and order.

She appealed to the residents to assist the police in discharging their duties.

Action Congress (AC) Governorship candidate, Tonye Princewill, reacted by blaming former President Olusegun Obasanjo for the actions of Dokubo-Asari.

He reiterated in a statement issued in Port Harcourt that it was Obasanjo who imprisoned Dokubo-Asari and made him become more popular and defiant as a result.

"We want to thank Obasanjo for detaining our son, father and brother in such a despicable, unjust and inhuman manner without any care for him, his family and his supporters.

"By so doing Obasanjo has exposed himself as insensitive and ignorant of our unique place in the history of Nigeria, Asari’s benefit to the Ijaw and the cause he represents.

"More importantly, Obasanjo has now elevated Dokubo-Asari to a level he never imagined and secured for him a place in the hearts of not only his people but also those who appreciate his sacrifices.

"Asari is the hero of our time and the real life icon. We have Obasanjo and Peter Odili to thank for that", said Princewill, who hails from Buguma as Dokubo.

Dooky, or whatever his name is, doesn't have control over anything, and I'll give it a few weeks before government drags his ass back into his cage in Abuja. cheesy
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by otokx(m): 3:09am On Jun 20, 2007
The guy is everywhere.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by ilabor: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2007
does the fate of niger-delta hangs on Dokubo?!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by January: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2007
All the Oyibos are leaving Port Harcourt.
Schlumberger, Agip, Elf will relocate to Abuja or Lagos.
Port Harcourt is finished.
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by celemel(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2007
nothing spoil. We dont need oyibo's in this country to survive. If anything, they are here to milk d system and walk away. To hell with them!
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by 9ja4eva: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2007
Yes oh

Dey r d cause of Africas problem.Let dem go jare
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by MP007(m): 5:43am On Jun 24, 2007
grin lipsrsealed undecided cry wink angry, mixed feeling,
Re: Mujahid Dokubo-asari: Freed! by ezioku(m): 8:43am On Jun 26, 2007
Hello All,

PDP,Odili and OBJ created a monster in Asari. They used him to rig elections and wanted to dump him and indeed eliminate him but he outsmarted them. That is the main reason for this problem. Another angle of this whole issue is selective justice. Fasehun&Adams were surreptiously released long time ago while asari and Uwazuruike languished in Jail. Obj thought that third term will work for him by keeping these people in jail.

Moreso,I am of the Opinion that if Odili is strutting about free in Abuja trying to return some of his loot without being in jail then Alamesigha should  also be given back his loot and asked to return some of it. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I do not think any of these militants would support corruption but once it becomes selective then there will always be problem. Even families do not survive selective justice.

It might also interest you to note that while ASARI was arrested,the security agents could not locate Ateke who was even more evil than Asari because he was working for the Govt.

The level of cultism during Odili's tenure was very high,i am not surprised OBJ tolerated him considering what happened in Anambra and Oyo.

Can you imagine that Ateke granted an interview that the Govt gave them guns and Army uniforms and that they were asked to return the guns but have not been requested to return the uniforms. PDP and OBJ kept quiet.

What happened in Rivers State was more than what happened in Plateau state,yet they declared state of emergency in Plateau and gave Odili a part on the back.

I want to Advise Umaru that he should concentrate on delivering roads and solving the Niger delta problem through concrete development and the UN,human rights groups and NGO's should be appointed to sit on the board of NDDC especially the contract award committee. I do not have any hope in the current leadership of NDDC. It is only by delivering dividends of democracy that PDP can rule us without force,otherwise they will continue to need militants and it may consume them like it nearly consumed Odili but for OBJ's intervention.

It is my humble opinion that the Govs of the Niger Delta should be stripped of the 13% henceforth and the fund should be presided over jointly by NGO,International Communities,Oil companies etc inorder to ensure transparency. Without transparency nothing will work.

In sum,we pray that we should never have a president like OBJ and a  Propaganda Governor like odili again in Jesus name.Amen.

I say propaganda because 80% of his so called achievements are only on newspaper. His supporters are saying we have 24hrs light while they continue to purchase diesel for their generators.

Odili would have been worse than OBJ as president.Thank God we have been saved from that scourge called Odili & OBJ forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo President - Name Your Choice / Again Another Death Nail On Nigerias Coffin. . .NY Times Article! / Fct Minister Bala Mohammed Covers Up Son’s Manslaughter:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.