Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

# Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers (1952 Views)

Buhari, Sanwo-Olu To Attend 13th Tinubu Colloquium / Monarch’s Family To Sanwo-olu: Stop MC Oluomo From Becoming King / Forget The Past, Work For Buhari, Sanwo-olu’s Victory, Ambode Urges Epe Division (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

# Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
This is to bring the attention of the public to the imminent danger looming on the citizens of Lagos state. Particularly private school teachers.
Many are now beginning to lose their sanity. No source of livelihood for more than three months now and no hope of that ever happening soon.
Whoever has the contact of the governor of Lagos state and the president of Nigeria should please pass this information across to them.
Private primary, secondary, and university teachers and entrepreneurs are falling behind on their struggle for survival. Many are now becoming depressed and some have started dying by suicide.

Mr. Governor and Mr. President.
People cannot pay their house rent anymore because you have refused to allow schools to reopen. Are you going to fund people's rental dues? Let me remind you that you could barely feed a quarter of the population during the pandemic proper. Do you expect to see people taking abode under bridges before you realize how bad things have become?

Should we call this a form of bullying by the people we by ourselves elected?
Economies around the world are reopening. Many states in Nigeria have reopened businesses. Except for lagos state.

CALL FOR A HASHTAG CAMPAIGN
Now to all who are currently being bullied by this government. Rise up! I propose that the government stops the salaries of government school workers for five months and see if they wont call for reopening.
ASUU, NUT, and the rest do not represent the interest of private school workers and owners.
If you don't intend to see your neighbors cry over your dead body soon, let's start a campaign of redemption. Give us back our livelihood.

I expect to see hashtags out there on twitter. To those who know how to go about it.
Also, I expect to see private school owners and teachers on the street in front of the governor's office with placards soon.
Don't die in silence. I just lost one of my teacher friends. I don't know how many are losing their apartments every day.

Its time to fight for our rights. #STOP PAYING GOVERNMENT TEACHERS. #PRIVATE SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE HUMANS TOO.

2 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by ebenhazard(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
God no go shame us
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by techmo(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
grin

Crab mentality,

The black man's if I suffer we must all suffer mentality

How much tax have private teachers paid in their entire life to the government as income tax? Government teachers pay tax, teach more people on an average and deserve their pay according to the employment contract they signed with the Government before taking the job

You signed a freaking Job contract with your respective employers and not with government or government teachers, and government teachers owe you nothing

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by silibaba: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
A private school i know has been converted to bread bakery. No joke
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by iluvdonjazzy: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
It's not the government fault on this one, Corona is real.
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
ebenhazard:
God no go shame us
HMM...

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
It's not the government fault on this one, Corona is real.

Apc is becoming relaxed. Am not a party fanatic but if they don't address this laxity soon, I see pdp in the helm. Not a better option but it should bring apc back to their senses.

Look at other states. Oyo state comes to mind. If you don't want to reopen government schools, why not allow their private counterparts to go ahead.

Are the private schools going to suffer the inefficiencies of the poorly administered government overpopulated schools?

People are dying for heavens sake. But who cares because you are getting paid non the less.

This has to stop. The government of Lagos state has forgotten his people. We deserve to live.

I will be keenly looking forward to sanwo olu's near future actions with one eye and my voter's card with the other eye

4 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
I have always been a strong advocate for apc. Both at the federal and state levels.

Now, with the way they are turning themselves to rulers and emperors rather than public servants and representatives, I might have to start actively discouraging people from this party.

I repeat. I am not a party person. But looking at the trend, apc is gradually losing it.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE. BUHARI AND SANWO OLU STILL HAVE 3 YEARS TO SHOW THEY CARE.

COVID is not enough excuse to see a mass suicide due to hunger.

SANWO OLU, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP. The PEOPLE SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST PRIORITY. NOT COVID. YOU ARE A POLITICIAN. IT IS YOUR JOB TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE US HAPPY. IT'S YOUR JOB.

2 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by GboyegaD(m): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Why call for non- payment of others salary? How does that increase the account balance of private school teachers? What I don't understand is how these private school teachers will continue with their jobs when their employers already made them feel less valuable by not paying them for a disease they have no control over?

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
GboyegaD:
Why call for non- payment of others salary? How does that increase the account balance of private school teachers? What I don't understand is how these private school teachers will continue with their jobs when their employers already made them feel less valuable by not paying them for a disease they have no control over?

Your wisdom is rare. I don't envy you at all.

BTW, Where do you expect the owners to get the money from? Is it the school owners that have also almost gone bankrupt?

Please educate me. Where do you think the owners were supposed to earm the profit from to pay workers?

I repeat, your wisdom is rare. Keep it up my man.

2 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

Stop paying the government teachers and I guarantee you, they will start advocating for school reopening.

I have nothing against the government teachers. But neglecting the non-government workers because you don't know how they survive is insane. Much of the public opinion that the Lagos government receives is from civil servants. No surprise he is being misled into horrible decisions.

When you stop paying these Twitter civil servants, I guarantee you that the public narrative will change.

You get my point now?

7 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by iluvdonjazzy: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
bettermike:

Apc is becoming relaxed. Am not a party fanatic but if they don't address this laxity soon, I see pdp in the helm. Not a better option but it should bring apc back to their senses.

Look at other states. Oyo state comes to mind. If you don't want to reopen government schools, why not allow their private counterparts to go ahead.

Are the private schools going to suffer the inefficiencies of the poorly administered government overpopulated schools?

People are dying for heavens sake. But who cares because you are getting paid non the less.

This has to stop. The government of Lagos state has forgotten his people. We deserve to live.

I will be keenly looking forward to sanwo olu's near future actions with one eye and my voter's card with the other eye
we are all feeling the pains too.

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by GboyegaD(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
bettermike:

Your wisdom is rare. I don't envy you at all.

BTW, Where do you expect the owners to get the money from? Is it the school owners that have also almost gone bankrupt?

Please educate me. Where do you think the owners were supposed to earm the profit from to pay workers?

I repeat, your wisdom is rare. Keep it up my man.

The last I checked, it is a business venture that either makes profit or loss. They are not doing the teachers a favor and it is unfair to act as though they live at the mercy of the school owners. If as a school they are making losses, they should declare bankruptcy and shut down if there is no viability of turning it into a profit making venture in the future.
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by techmo(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

The last I checked, it is a business venture that either makes profit or loss. They are not doing the teachers a favor and it is unfair to act as though they live at the mercy of the school owners. If as a school they are making losses, they should declare bankruptcy and shut down if there is no viability of turning it into a profit making venture in the future.

They can shutdown business or sack entitled fools they employed so that the fools can also go and create their own business and pay workers who don't work

Sensible teachers are out there finding alternatives like home lessons, coaching centres, marketing jobs, and every other legal ventures ... The entitled ones need feeding bottle

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by GboyegaD(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
techmo:

They can shutdown business or sack entitled fools they employed so that the fools can also go and create their own business and pay workers who don't work

Sensible teachers are out there finding alternatives like home lessons, coaching centres, marketing jobs, and every other legal ventures ... The entitled ones need feeding bottle

I am not sure they are entitled however, I feel if someone treats you as thrash, you have a right to respect yourself and walk out of the person's presence. This also goes out to those private organization that did the same. If you do not share your profits in the year you earned profits, it is inhumane to expect your staff members to share in your loss. If you think you can't cope, sack them. Keeping them imply they are valuable so why treat them less?

That said, I noticed many people were cool with the half pay and justified it as a good business decision.
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Lovelive: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
But seriously, your vote doesn't count; only rigging rules.[Bitter truth]

bettermike:

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Slynation(m): 12:58am On Jul 09, 2020
bettermike:
I have always been a strong advocate for apc. Both at the federal and state levels.

Now, with the way they are turning themselves to rulers and emperors rather than public servants and representatives, I might have to start actively discouraging people from this party.

I repeat. I am not a party person. But looking at the trend, apc is gradually losing it.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE. BUHARI AND SANWO OLU STILL HAVE 3 YEARS TO SHOW THEY CARE.

COVID is not enough excuse to see a mass suicide due to hunger.

SANWO OLU, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP. The PEOPLE SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST PRIORITY. NOT COVID. YOU ARE A POLITICIAN. IT IS YOUR JOB TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE US HAPPY. IT'S YOUR JOB.
So it took you a whole 5years to realized this regime have no conscience and no regard whatsoever to what the masses are passing through.... I hope you have seen the change you glamoured for!!
A sane and educated leader would have mapped out plans for the educational sector...But I don't expect those Aboki's to do that, after all, most of them don't know what they do in schools

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SHAKABOOM: 5:28am On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:

I noticed that u are in any thread concerning school reopening always Opposing the idea.
What did teachers do to u?Are u a wizard or something that don't like progress.
One thing I know for sure is that in this life there are consequences for peoples wicked action.Urs is clear wickedness.
Continue encouraging peoples suffering. I pity u and ur kids.
I am not a teacher o,,so don't feel I am one.

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SHAKABOOM: 5:35am On Jul 09, 2020
techmo:

People are suffering u are here calling them fools.Lols

I pity u.

Don't worry u will taste what its like to shut down business while ur kids go hungry.

I am a business man.If I remember what I went tru during the lockdown I feel nothing but pity for teachers who haven't earned nothing for months.

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by GboyegaD(m): 5:40am On Jul 09, 2020
SHAKABOOM:

I noticed that u are in any thread concerning school reopening always Opposing the idea.
What did teachers do to u?Are u a wizard or something that don't like progress.
One thing I know for sure is that in this life there are consequences for peoples wicked action.Urs is clear wickedness.
Continue encouraging peoples suffering. I pity u and ur kids.
I am not a teacher o,,so don't feel I am one.

Wickedness you called it? Trying to ensure safety is wicked, right? Oga, abeg carry your hole than you attitude waka go front. Your feeling that schools should reopen just because teachers need earn salaries is atrocious.

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SHAKABOOM: 5:49am On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:

Wickedness you called it? Trying to ensure safety is wicked, right? Oga, abeg carry your hole than you attitude waka go front. Your feeling that schools should reopen just because teachers need earn salaries is atrocious.

Ensure safety..OK Mr Ensurera

Start the safety from ur self by locking down.

Don't go to work stay at home so that u won't contact or spread the virus for safety reasons.

Spoon feed wicked soul talking safety.

And the most annoying thing is that u will never bring up ideas on safety measures schools and other businesses can adapt for safety.
Mr safety crusader.

5 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by alezzy13: 5:50am On Jul 09, 2020
While I sympathize with the plight of private teachers, OPs post is in very bad taste. It's insensitive and callous.

When govt teachers are owed many months salary and have to resort to strikes, do they ask private schools to join as well?

Personally, I think the parents should be the ones deciding if they feel comfortable having thier children back in school.

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 09, 2020
I feel for private teachers at this time.
To private teachers in this forum, God go pick una calls soon even if na ordinary hello. wink

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by GboyegaD(m): 5:55am On Jul 09, 2020
SHAKABOOM:

Ensure safety..OK Mr Ensurera

Start the safety from ur self by locking down.

Don't go to work stay at home so that u won't contact or spread the virus for safety reasons.

Spoon feed wicked soul talking safety.

And the most annoying thing is that u will never bring up ideas on safety measures schools and other businesses can adapt for safety.

Oga, don't be too pained about me as you do not know me. I have been in locked down since March and the world hasn't paused because of that. That said, what other measures do you want me to give other than closure of sold at least for the now? Isn't that a measure? If you or the teachers have superior measures then suggest them rather than attacking my own opinion. You are crying more than those affected, oga.
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SHAKABOOM: 6:24am On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:

Oga, don't be too pained about me as you do not know me. I have been in locked down since March and the world hasn't paused because of that. That said, what other measures do you want me to give other than closure of sold at least for the now? Isn't that a measure? If you or the teachers have superior measures then suggest them rather than attacking my own opinion. You are crying more than those affected, oga.

Lockdown since march and still receiving salary doing nothing.

I said it before and will say it again..That u are nothing but a spoon feed govt worker.
Not just a spoon feed govt worker. A lazy govt worker.
That can't think of any safety measures to reopen businesses other than closure.U are one of the many problems we are facing in this country.
That was how one was saying yesterday that he wish government lockdown the economy again for safety reasons.
I wish the Masses locate u guys and teach u guys a bitter lesson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by deltateam: 6:25am On Jul 09, 2020
This is very silly to me and a big shame. So because government is paying it's employees which is normal and your private school employers out of greed or lack of proper financing couldn't meet up.

You are now trying to pour sand inside another person's garri.

This is wickedness to me.
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by deltateam: 6:28am On Jul 09, 2020
SHAKABOOM:

I said it and will say it again..That u are nothing but a spoon feed govt worker.
That can't think of any safety measures to reopen businesses other than closure.U are one of the many problems we are facing in this country.
That was how one was saying yesterday that he wish government lockdown the economy again for safety.

Don't be silly. How does his receiving salary concern you. Take your grievance to your employer or resign and get another job.
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by GboyegaD(m): 6:32am On Jul 09, 2020
SHAKABOOM:

I said it and will say it again..That u are nothing but a spoon feed govt worker.
That was how one was saying yesterday that he wish government lockdown the economy again for safety.

Stop assuming as you have no idea what I do for a living. I am not the cause of your pains, oga.

The same thing the thread is about, why wish someone evil out of your sheer jealousy when they are not the source of your misery?
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SHAKABOOM: 6:40am On Jul 09, 2020
deltateam:

Don't be silly. How does his receiving salary concern you. Take your grievance to your employer or resign and another job.
U are the silly one here.

What do u mean by take my grievance to my employer?

Mr man I am self employed.

What concerns me and his salary.My problem with him is using safety as excuse to settle scores with private school teachers.

2 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SHAKABOOM: 6:48am On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:

Stop assuming as you have no idea what I do for a living. I am not the cause of your pains, oga.

The same thing the thread is about, why wish someone evil out of your sheer jealousy when they are not the source of your misery?

The thread is for lazy spoon feed govt workers like u enjoying the lockdown. Encouraging govt to continue the lockdown because they are earning. Its not about jealousy.
If u know me I bet that u will be the one jealous of me.
That I feel the pain of teacher's and I want my kid to go back to school should not be misunderstood as jealousy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kuje Erupts In Joy As Kalu Visits To Inspect Projects, Inmates Chant OUK 2023 / Breaking!!! Unknown Gunmen Sack Nneokwa Police Station In Anambra State. / Hausas Are The Most Dehumanized, Marginalised And Oppressed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.