Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing (2025 Views)

Religious Group Protests Against Southern Kaduna Killings, Says All Lives Matter / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Yeah,just like Southerners should stop complaining about Fulani herdsmen since more of our homicides occur at our hands or OLAADEGBU and like-minded xtians should stop complaining about jihadists attacks on xtians since the usual xtian on xtian crimes claims more of their lives.

FBI crime statistics tell a different story. Black people make up only 14% of the American population while white people make up over 65%. Black people still murdered white people over twice as much as white people murdered black people in 2018.

You have been sold a narrative.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
CoolUsername:

When the movement initiated by an organization leads to something good, it looks good for the organization. When it doesn't, it has nothing to do with the organization. Sounds like every organized religion in existence.

These protests are scheduled and organized by specifically by the organization but when they devolve into rioting and violence, people try to absolve the organization of all responsibility.

But since you know enough about BLM to gatekeep who is a part of it it not. Let me know what the goals of this organization are. Why did black people burn down and loot their own communities? For what cause was the little girl killed? Why are we promoting mass gatherings during a global pandemic when people who were protesting for the reopening of businesses were vilified?

You are free to wilfully misrepresent everything I said. Its a waste of time to try to talk any further about this because you are not listening.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
CoolUsername:

FBI crime statistics tell a different story. Black people make up only 14% of the American population while white people make up over 65%. Black people still murdered white people over twice as much as white people murdered black people in 2018.

You have been sold a narrative.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls
sapientia:

Who told you black lives don't matter before?

Large movements for blacks

That's racism

Every life matter.

Blacks kill blacks daily
"Large movements for blacks,that's racism"- I don't understand how this makes an iota of sense to you.
Did they tell you every life life don't matter before?
This is like someone's loved one getting murdered,then he reports to the police and they dismiss him with "other people loose their loved ones too" undecided
This all issue is about police brutality,you guys should stop shifting goalpost.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
CoolUsername:

When the movement initiated by an organization leads to something good, it looks good for the organization. When it doesn't, it has nothing to do with the organization. Sounds like every organized religion in existence.

These protests are scheduled and organized by specifically by the organization but when they devolve into rioting and violence, people try to absolve the organization of all responsibility.

But since you know enough about BLM to gatekeep who is a part of it it not. Let me know what the goals of this organization are. Why did black people burn down and loot their own communities? For what cause was the little girl killed? Why are we promoting mass gatherings during a global pandemic when people who were protesting for the reopening of businesses were vilified?

Good job for point out the hypocrisy of the Left. cheesy

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

You mentioned violence that took place in the Seattle CHOP, an area that the BLM organisation doesn't have control over so yes I am asking you what it has to do with them.

The Terry Crews twitter controversy I saw was about him tweeting that black liberation without white people is black supremacy. I didn't see anything about him being called a race traitor for condemning violence.

It takes a village in Chaz to show their hypocrisy. undecided

1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

You are free to wilfully misrepresent everything I said. Its a waste of time to try to talk any further about this because you are not listening.

No problem. I don't argue to win; I argue to exchange knowledge. I'm content if other people read this, do their own research, and come to their own conclusions.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

"Large movements for blacks,that's racism"- I don't understand how this makes an iota of sense to you.
Did they tell you every life life don't matter before?
This is like someone's loved one getting murdered,then he reports to the police and they dismiss him with "other people loose their loved ones too" undecided
This all issue is about police brutality,you guys should stop shifting goalpost.

Factoring in the fact that despite making only 14% of the population black people commit almost half of the violent crime, your narrative still doesn't hold water.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:10am On Jul 11, 2020
CoolUsername:

Factoring in the fact that despite making only 14% of the population black people commit almost half of the violent crime, your narrative still doesn't hold water.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/
Why not percentage of harmless people shot to death undecided
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by jamesid29(m): 2:02am On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

I am open to learning your point.
BLM organisation are becoming or have become inseparable from the movement such that support for one is essentially support for the other which I am categorically calling bullocks.
That's not my point. If you read my post again,you would see that the point i was making was, " they can become inseparable if people are not intentional in separating the two, as the line separating them can become blurry if you are not paying attention".

The time to warn against and curb the influence of interest groups or extremist ideas in any society is at their inceptions or when their influence has not yet been fully entrenched into the collective mindset. Once that happens,it's already too late.

Consolidation of power do not happen overnight, extremist ideas do not take hold at once. They take time and are usually a gradual process.
It's easy to dismiss the BLM organisation currently because they do not yet hold considerable influence, but the thing is they are trying to. Same goes for the extremist ideas floating around.

If there's one thing we can learn from history during this period is, whenever there's a disruption in the societal mindset or a vacuum in the society, there are always individuals ready to take advantage of it. The Nazi party and the Church during the middle ages are two extreme examples of how seemingly obscure groups of people and ideologies can slowly and gradually become very powerful and unchallengeable.

If there was ever a time to start ringing the alarm bells against interest groups and extremist ideas floating around during this racial equality climate, now is that time.
In summary: It's prudent to be very intentional about separating the BLM organisation from the black lives movement itself. Not because the BLM controls the movement now but because they are trying to.
Same goes for any extremist ideas trying to bundle itself with the racial equality conversation.

In Terry Crews case, He is speaking out mainly against any extremist ideas floating around in the racial equality conversation and not against any organisation in particular.

Below is my original post, so you can read it again in view of explanation.

I doubt that is what he meant. I read his statement as someone saying we should all have the presence of mind in separating the movement from the organisation, as sometimes that line can be blurred.

Interest groups have a long history of usually trying to control the narrative of an ideology/movement from within, effectively making the group and the movement one and the same. If people are not cautious of these at the onset, the leadership of these groups can become too powerful, at which point it's already too late (well except the movement itself breaks down).

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2020
jamesid29:

That's not my point. If you read my post again,you would see that the point i was making was, " they can become inseparable if people are not intentional in separating the two, as the line separating them can become blurry if you are not paying attention".

The time to warn against and curb the influence of interest groups or extremist ideas in any society is at their inceptions or when their influence has not yet been fully entrenched into the collective mindset. Once that happens,it's already too late.

Consolidation of power do not happen overnight, extremist ideas do not take hold at once. They take time and are usually a gradual process.
It's easy to dismiss the BLM organisation currently because they do not yet hold considerable influence, but the thing is they are trying to. Same goes for the extremist ideas floating around.

If there's one thing we can learn from history during this period is, whenever there's a disruption in the societal mindset or a vacuum in the society, there are always individuals ready to take advantage of it. The Nazi party and the Church during the middle ages are two extreme examples of how seemingly obscure groups of people and ideologies can slowly and gradually become very powerful and unchallengeable.

If there was ever a time to start ringing the alarm bells against interest groups and extremist ideas floating around during this racial equality climate, now is that time.
In summary: It's prudent to be very intentional about separating the BLM organisation from the black lives movement itself. Not because the BLM controls the movement now but because they are trying to.
Same goes for any extremist ideas trying to bundle itself with the racial equality conversation.

In Terry Crews case, He is speaking out mainly against any extremist ideas floating around in the racial equality conversation and not against any organisation in particular.

OK, I understand you now and you articulated it well.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Why not percentage of harmless people shot to death undecided

Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean harmless. If in the process of arrest, the suspect gets shot while attempting to wrestle an officer's gun away from them, it is treated like shooting an unarmed suspect.

Now, I'm not saying that the police is perfect by any means, there is definitely a police brutality issue. There's a 2016 video of an unarmed man who called the police on himself because he was off his meds, the police came and sat on his back for 13 minutes while he complained that he couldn't breathe. The man eventually died, it it didn't go viral because he was white. It didn't fit the narrative so international didn't carry it and nobody cared.

The stats show the truth. The media selectively reports what they want to generate the emotions they want from you.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CAPSLOCKED: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
CoolUsername:

Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean harmless. If in the process of arrest, the suspect gets shot while attempting to wrestle an officer's gun away from them, it is treated like shooting an unarmed suspect.

Now, I'm not saying that the police is perfect by any means, there is definitely a police brutality issue. There's a 2016 video of an unarmed man who called the police on himself because he was off his meds, the police came and sat on his back for 13 minutes while he complained that he couldn't breathe. The man eventually died, it it didn't go viral because he was white. It didn't fit the narrative so international didn't carry it and nobody cared.

The stats show the truth. The selectively reports what they want to generate the emotions they want from you.

THE POWERS ABOVE KEEP PLAYING PRANKS WITH THE PUBLIC USING THE MEDIA. THEY'RE THE ONES CONTROLLING EVERYTHING INCLUDING RACISM, YES.
POLICE BRUTALITY EXISTS IN EVERY COUNTRY AND WHITES ALSO HAVE THEIR SHARE BUT IT'S HARDLY IN THE NEWS. IN US AND CANADA MORE WHITES ARE BULLIED EVERY YEAR BY THE POLICE THAN BLACKS (THERE ARE STATS TO PROVE THIS) BUT THE MEDIA ONLY SHOWS YOU THE SIDE THEY'RE ASKED TO SHOW.
THE LAST BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTS WERE ORGANIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS THEN I'M SORRY FOR YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THE POWERS ABOVE KEEP PLAYING PRANKS WITH THE PUBLIC USING THE MEDIA. THEY'RE THE ONES CONTROLLING EVERYTHING INCLUDING RACISM, YES.
POLICE BRUTALITY EXISTS IN EVERY COUNTRY AND WHITES ALSO HAVE THEIR SHARE BUT IT'S HARDLY IN THE NEWS. IN US AND CANADA MORE WHITES ARE BULLIED EVERY YEAR BY THE POLICE THAN BLACKS (THERE ARE STATS TO PROVE THIS) BUT THE MEDIA ONLY SHOWS YOU THE SIDE THEY'RE ASKED TO SHOW.
THE LAST BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTS WERE ORGANIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS THEN I'M SORRY FOR YOU.

It was clearly instigated by Democratic party members and George Soros. The news media and the Hollywood elite helped to fan the flames. This sh!t never seemed organic to me.

It's like Marxism and communist apologia are the new religions being pushed in the west. It has seeped into western schools and is being perpetuated by the news media, the gaming community, Hollywood, and every form of entertainment.

There's almost no series that started within the last 5 years, apart from anime that doesn't want to bash us in the head about how white people are evil, or men are trash, or how Christianity (never Islam) is the worst thing ever.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
CoolUsername:

It was clearly instigated by Democratic party members and George Soros. The news media and the Hollywood elite helped to fan the flames. This sh!t never seemed organic to me.

It's like Marxism and communist apologia are the new religions being pushed in the west. It has seeped into western schools and is being perpetuated by the news media, the gaming community, Hollywood, and every form of entertainment.

There's almost no series that started within the last 5 years, apart from anime that doesn't want to bash us in the head about how white people are evil, or men are trash, or how Christianity (never Islam) is the worst thing ever.

You nailed it. cool

1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
jamesid29:

Don't you think that the black lives movement has already been hijacked by the black lives organisation? undecided

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

It is much more than the Government, it is called the Deep State. The battle is no longer between the Republican and the Democrats its now between freedom and communism.

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
budaatum:

I refuse to waste my precious time on you.

Why should you waste your time with me? What stops us from agreeing to disagree? undecided
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by budaatum: 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Why should you waste your time with me? What stops us from agreeing to disagree? undecided
Go on then. Let's see how long you can "agree to disagree".
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
CoolUsername:

The stats show the truth. The media selectively reports what they want to generate the emotions they want from you.
Was George Floyd or many such cases trying to wrestle the officers gun?
There are equally cases involving blacks that don't go "viral"
The fact remains that cases of police brutality are disproportionately against black people.
Anyways,if the outcry against police brutality causes a reform or positive change in their behaviour won't it be beneficial to all,be they black or white? Why are you generating so much fuss about it then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

The fact remains that cases of police brutality are disproportionately against black people.
Anyways,if the outcry against police brutality causes a reform or positive change in their behaviour won't it be beneficial to all,be they black or white? Why are you generating so much fuss about it then.

Democrats are frustrating police reforms from happening and that should tell you who is fuelling it for their own political agenda. cool

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
budaatum:

Go on then. Let's see how long you can "agree to disagree".

Someone sighted you and LordReed here you may want to give it your attention. shocked
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not defending Chauvin's actions in any way. But the facts are:

1. George Floyd had been resisting arrest.
2. Coroner reports state that he had dangerous levels of fentanyl his system and was Covid-19 positive.
3. He had complained about difficulty in breathing before he was restrained.
4. The police men still pinned him down for 8 minutes while he was complaining and he died.

The police men were reckless and showed disregard for his safety, thereby, excarbating his problems and leading to his death. A textbook 3rd degree murder. Chauvin has been overcharged with and he should be acquitted of 1st degree murder by any objective judge.

A similar case occurred in 2016, an unarmed man, Tony Timpa, was restrained by the police and he died. Nobody cared because he was white and didn't fit the narrative. [/quote]

BeLookingIDIOT:

The numbers clearly show that isn't the case. This is an emotional response to the media spin on a legitimate issue. Yes, police brutality is a problem. No, it is not a black problem, it's everyone's problem. But now black communities have been destroyed by rioters. Sacrificed because the left didn't want to look bad by deploying the national guard.

Police reform will be good but BLM is talking about defunding and outright abolition. See what happened in CHAZ when the police were ordered to stand down.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
BLM Removes 'What We Believe' Page Which Included 'We Disrupt Western Prescribed Nuclear Family Structure'

https://christiannews.net/2020/09/23/blm-removes-what-we-believe-page-which-included-we-disrupt-western-prescribed-nuclear-family-structure/
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
BLM Removes 'What We Believe' Page Which Included 'We Disrupt Western Prescribed Nuclear Family Structure'
By Editor on September 23, 2020

(Fox News) — The official website of Black Lives Matter (BLM) has dropped a page that included its controversial belief in "disrupt[ing]" the "nuclear family structure."

Continue Reading >>>
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
By Editor on September 23, 2020

(Fox News) — The official website of Black Lives Matter (BLM) has dropped a page that included its controversial belief in "disrupt[ing]" the "nuclear family structure."

Continue Reading >>>

cool
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by Magnoliaa(f): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
budaatum:
Yawn.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/herstory/

I swear! grin grin

What a let down mehn. Made so many claims promised to deliver a mind-blowing maze of connection, but... So many wrong conclusions. Abeg.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by Magnoliaa(f): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
sapientia:

That's racism

Every life matter.

Blacks kill blacks daily

Oh wow wow. And you support the EndSars movement and are anti-police brutality?? Reeeally? Pray tell, why? Do we youths not kill ourselves (youth-on-youth crimes)? Do we not have so many vices? Cultism, Internet fraud, drug abuse? Isn't it hypocritical for us to face our killer politicians and police officers when we kill ourselves as well? Sooo, you no think say SARS officer life matter? Why do you support their means of livelihood being taken from them? Every life matter. Yes. Including BMCs, Arewa youths and Buhari-supporting northerners and the alms beggers or whatever political term there is for people of other factions. There are people doing well in Nigeria. Nigeria is very well working for people like Dangote and Otedola, so I wonder why you speak harshly about the country's economy and leadership. Why are programs and opportunities and agencies and policies (relieving ones especially) aimed at the poor?? Do the richs' lives not matter??

You understand police brutality on Nigerian youths, but you somehow don't get police brutality on blacks? This do not make sense to me one bit.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by Hathor5(f): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2021
sapientia:

That's racism

Every life matter.

Blacks kill blacks daily

This is the dumbest statement I have heard in this century along with the statement 'I don't see color/gender' bla bla bla.

Yeah, every life matters but some folks think that black lives matter less. Whites don't have this problem. This is why it is must be emphasized that BLACK LIVES MATTER too.

And context matters too. smiley
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by sapientia(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hathor5:

This is the dumbest statement I have heard in this century along with the statement 'I don't see color/gender' bla bla bla.

Yeah, every life matters but some folks think that black lives matter less. Whites don't have this problem. This is why it is must be emphasized that BLACK LIVES MATTER too.

And context matters too. smiley

it was a prophesy

i dont identify with hypocrisy

which is why they are no where now

You call me dumb when black people hate themselves more than the whites hate them

Change what you read as you have clearly that you are addicted to reading dumb statements

So you wont be trolling around looking for the dumbest among them

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Dogma Of Trinity / Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors / Sermon Jotters: Evil Dream Seeds(june Pmch). [dr. D.k Olukoya]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.