Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Living With The Guilt Of Abortion - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion (5358 Views)

How Do I Clear This Guilt Against My Dad? / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Arsenate(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
mrblessed:
This thread holds the toga of "he/she who is of no sinner should cast the first stone." Sadly, a lot of ladies can't, because they are guilty as well. Op, you have very right to be remorseful, after all, a life was ruthlessly annihilated. Feeling worried shows your heart is in the right place and endeavour to take precautionary measures to prevent you being in such ugly situation again. Kindly ignore the empty words of stone-cold murderers, whose conscience have died long time ago.
They don't feel again. No genuine feeling of joy, happiness or any kind of positive emotions; they are perpetually bitter. That's ONE of the price you pay for numbing your conscience.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2020
Just a Reminder!

To close leg is very easy oooo. Very very easy. Don't open legs for anyone who isn't your husband. Married Husband not Husband to be .

Close legs Biko and stop wasting lives!

4 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by rosalieene(f): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ifyyy25:
My dear it’s too much, the nasty things I read online about single moms depresses me, red pill and the rest, I’m doing very well, I’m from a comfortable background and my family gives me a good support system, but mentally and emotionally the negative things I read online drains me
forget what social media says.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by samsolite(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
Saintmary:

The consequences are the stigma you place on the females while you leave the males off the hook.
Why don't you teach your boys to keep their instruments in check or at least use protection?

Is the mercy of God not a truth?
What about compassion?
The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy.
Stop being one sided.
STOP MISREPRESENTING GOD

You understand that women are the gatekeepers of sex, right?

Evolutionary biology has made us understand that the woman bears most of the consequences of unplanned pregnancy: 9 months of changing physiology, difficulty of labour, and time it takes to raise a neonate (years) to a child.

The male only cares about depositing semen and his job is done.

That's why it seems like females are been held at a higher standards of responsibility, and they should, because they bear the most risks of pregnancy in cases where the father is not ready to commit resources for the care of the mother and child.

It's not fair; but such is life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by samsolite(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Bosch10(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Houseofglam7:
No I ain't smiley
pls I'll like to know you more
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
mrblessed:
This thread holds the toga of "he/she who is of no sinner should cast the first stone." Sadly, a lot of ladies can't, because they are guilty as well. Op, you have very right to be remorseful, after all, a life was ruthlessly annihilated. Feeling worried shows your heart is in the right place and endeavour to take precautionary measures to prevent you being in such ugly situation again. Kindly ignore the empty words of stone-cold murderers, whose conscience have died long time ago.
It's so funny that these same sort of people will condemn rapist or seek death penalty for rapist but would coddle murdering babies.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by LadySarah: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ariza:
Just a Reminder!

To close leg is very easy oooo. Very very easy. Don't open legs for anyone who isn't your husband. Married Husband not Husband to be .

Close legs Biko and stop wasting lives!

And you think ppl don't abort in marriage? Lol.
Married ppl abort more than singles.
When you have the desired no of children and fp fails...

Go figure

7 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
LadySarah:

And you think ppl don't abort in marriage? Lol.
Married ppl abort more than singles.
When you have the desired no of children and fp fails...

Go figure
The op obviously isn't Married. When a Married woman opens similar thread we will know what to type.

Close your legs!

1 Like

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
That you you felt guilty for murdering a baby is good.
Don't mind murderers telling you that you did nothing wrong or you didn't make the wrong choice, the truth is that you did.
First was fornication and then murder.

these things people of our generation do not count it as evil but before God it is a sin that demands justice from God.
Every sin people commit draws God's judgment no matter the happiness or peace people delude themselves with, God is still God, He is Holy, righteous and true, and there is no darkness in him.
But still He still loves you and provided a way for you to escape sinful living that leads to death and that is through Jesus Christ.

I assumed that you are a Christian

First you have confessed that you have sinned but this sin is first of all against God.
Read the book of psalm 51, David was a man after God's heart but yet he sinned, He killed a man and took his wife, when he was confronted by the prophet Nathan, he didn't justify himself like many folks do today but he admited his sins, He was remorseful for it, and turned from it.

Psalms 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

A lot of people might condemn David for his sin but David was a man who admitted his sin and he wrote psalm 51.
what God want is not offering sacrifices but brokeness

Psalms 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

lastly I want you to read 1John

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Jesus loves you and I do too

3 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by goldbim(f): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
0Brien:
When you people engage in this sex of a thing and are enjoying it doesn't it cross your mind that a pregnancy could result from it?

Is it that many of you don't know that raw sex actually results in pregnancy?

Why then do you regret when faced with the result and consequences of the act you willfully partook in, fully aware of all guaranteed outcomes - the pregnancy, the abortion, the baby, the stigma etc.?
I don't want to sound rude but I think you need to take a chill pill..she's not finding it easy right now,don't add to her wound ,please..what she needs is soothing words for now..let's not add to whatever she's going through,please..thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by 0Brien: 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
goldbim:
I don't want to sound rude but I think you need to take a chill pill..she's not finding it easy right now,don't add to her wound ,please..what she needs is soothing words for now..let's not add to whatever she's going through,please..thanks!!!

I'm not adding to anything. She's an adult not a kid. Speak to her like an adult that she is not like a baby. This wasn't a mistake!

Two adults having sex should know that sex results in pregnancy and be prepared on what to do about the possible pregnancy. That is what I would do. Instead of whining after, putting up a victim mindset expecting consolation for their clear-eyed actions.

Don't encourage or sympathize with irresponsibility.

1 Like

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Saintmary(f): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
samsolite:

You understand that women are the gatekeepers of sex, right?

Evolutionary biology has made us understand that the woman bears most of the consequences of unplanned pregnancy: 9 months of changing physiology, difficulty of labour, and time it takes to raise a neonate (years) to a child.

The male only cares about depositing semen and his job is done.

That's why it seems like females are been held at a higher standards of responsibility, and they should, because they bear the most risks of pregnancy in cases where the father is not ready to commit resources for the care of the mother and child.

It's not fair; but such is life.
Soooooooo, men are the gateknockers of zex, right?
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s]Irrespective of Whatever people will say , will not say or whatever, There are truths that we must know..

1. We All have a Creator, that created us and we all Must, irrespective of Whatever you believe, Give Account to Him

2. You and I did not and cannot create a life. The Life in us is not our own.

3.It is a Privilege given to us as humans to carry a Being as s child.. it is a Gift! It is given! You have no right to take the life

4. No matter how the Whole World views abortion or tries to modify it, Abortion is Wickedness! It's Murder! It is Sin Against GOD!

5. There are Consequences for what we do! Let's Fear God and Respect God in our doings! Its Fearful to fall into His Hands..

6. When you go into a sexual immoral relationship. That is fornication. When you Abort the product of that act it is Murder!

7. No Matter what people say to you about Aborting the child , don't yield to them or the devil! When the Consequences come, the people who pushed u to the act will not be there with you.

8. The Consequences is always Greater than the act.

9. For those who have engaged in the act, Go to God and Cry for Mercy! Blood speaks! You need to Cry for Mercy!

10. For those who are thinking of aborting that child.. if you try it after reading this, what you see you carry!

Let's be Guided![/s]

These are not truths undecided
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Estellie: 12:40am On Jul 11, 2020
I don't even know where to start from.. sad

Op, I wish I could speak to you privately, can I send a DM?
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Houseofglam7(f): 1:10am On Jul 11, 2020
Bosch10:
pls I'll like to know you more
Lol
Okay
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by REALretep(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Keep it up OP.
It's good you have initiated your healing process.
What has happened has happened.
It's time to move on.
You have recognized your mistakes and taken responsibility... that's a great step towards healing.
Your healing journey will definitely be a long one... but I will be honest with you... you may not completely heal from this.
You may however learn gradually how to manage your situation and your life as a whole.
You will learn how to accept whatever happened to you and be at peace with it.
Keeping this as a secret you will take to your grave will truncate your ability to heal/manage your life.
You should be able to talk about this dark part of your life to people...in order for you to continue your healing journey adequately... though it might take quite a while before you reach this final healing stage... probably after you would have gotten married, had kids, and become respected in the society.

Keep it up OP.
I send you warm hugs from here.
God is fully aware of what you are passing through... Jesus is a sure friend, refuge, and stronghold that can help you in this journey.
Best wishes dear

3 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ifyyy25:
My dear it’s too much, the nasty things I read online about single moms depresses me, red pill and the rest, I’m doing very well, I’m from a comfortable background and my family gives me a good support system, but mentally and emotionally the negative things I read online drains me

Lol, how can you take what these trolls write online seriously? The world is more beautiful than what those frustrated people paint it to be, trust me on this.

You just need to love your child dearly and take care of him or her, and you'll see people envious of what you have. And the right man will wish to enjoy the same attention you give your child. He will want to keep you. But ensure he loves your child too.

2 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Tripitaka: 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ifyyy25:

Hello. Where do you live? I ask because your story sounds like that of a family friend who lives in Kaduna now.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Alexaonfleek: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
0Brien:
When you people engage in this sex of a thing and are enjoying it doesn't it cross your mind that a pregnancy could result from it and prepare your minds on what to do about it?

Is it that many of you don't know that raw sex actually results in pregnancy?

Why then do you regret when faced with the result and consequences of the act you willfully partook in, fully aware of all guaranteed outcomes - the pregnancy, the abortion, the baby, the stigma etc.?

Sis, This wasn't a mistake!
This isn't a thread to judge,assistant Jesus!!!
She regrets her actions,and has resolved never to do it again
He who is without sin should throw the first stone
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by 0Brien: 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
This isn't a thread to judge,assistant Jesus!!!
She regrets her actions,and has resolved never to do it again
He who is without sin should throw the first stone

No, it's a pity party thread, Where all those who can relate gather to console one of their kind.

4 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by armyofone(m): 1:46am On Jul 12, 2020
Don't forget to also join in preaching condoms while at it okay.

0Brien:

No, it's a pity party thread. Where all those who can relate gather to console one of their kind.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by ifko: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2020
Ifyyy25:
The problem single mums have is that most of you usually have hidden soul tie with your babydaddy which scared away potential suitors.
I pray God in his infinite mercy will give you your own husband and pls be faithful to him.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
Ifyyy25:

How old are you now!!!
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Ifyyy25: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
I’m 25
marriagebyigbo:

How old are you now!!!
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Ifyyy25: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
I don’t and will never have any soul tie with him, we don’t talk at all he’s not in my child’s life
ifko:

The problem single mums have is that most of you usually have hidden soul tie with your babydaddy which scared away potential suitors.
I pray God in his infinite mercy will give you your own husband and pls be faithful to him.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ifyyy25:
I’m 25
Reply my mail
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
ifko:

Shalom

Exactly... Ifyyy25 no matter how u claim strong... The truth is if that guy comes back, he might still get u back again... One problem with single mothers... Just one big problem..

Despite the hardship he put u, u might still take him. Back if he comes

U can't control it, ladies are meant like dt
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Ifyyy25: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
I don’t know for others, every situation is different so is my own case, as for me there’s nothing between him and I anymore, he got married when I was pregnant, his wife today was pregnant before we met
marriagebyigbo:

Exactly... Ifyyy25 no matter how u claim strong... The truth is if that guy comes back, he might still get u back again... One problem with single mothers... Just one big problem..

Despite the hardship he put u, u might still take him. Back if he comes

U can't control it, ladies are meant like dt
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ifyyy25:
I don’t know for others, every situation is different so is my own case, as for me there’s nothing between him and I anymore, he got married when I was pregnant, his wife today was pregnant before we met

Ask dt we exchange Contacts but u refused
. Probably u don't want to be known and I av no intention for that really

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice From Married Men Who Married Within The Last Five Years / My Wife Don See Me Finish. / 2-months Old Baby's Hair Has Become An Internet Sensation. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.