Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Life After NYSC - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life After NYSC (1731 Views)

Woman Dies On Hearing That Her Son Died In Auto Crash On His Way Home After NYSC / Pilot Banned For Life After Allowing Egyptian Actor To Sit In Cockpit / See How A Man Saved His Girlfriend’s Life After A Speeding Car Flew Towards Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After NYSC by Esther880(f): 11:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good day Nlanders.
I am Esther by name, I am a Nlander but had to create this account because of these, am 23years of age, I graduated with second class upper from a university in nigeria, just finished serving in Jos, during my service I was able to do a professional course (ICAN), and currently need a job..

Please i need your assistance, i am a young graduate, chartered accountant and need to practice what I have always longed for thanks

No job is too small for a start
Re: Life After NYSC by roughdiamond(m): 2:22am On Jul 09, 2020
Congratulation on your graduation and service. Very sorry to digress, drop your certificates and hustle. Look for whatever legal you can do to feed yourself. It's highly unfortunate that our system doesn't support our dreams. If you interview 100 Nigerians, chances are that 70 are not practicing according to their dreams. Don't wait or waste your time applying for a job (unless you have someone to feed you), start anything legal that can feed you immediately.

1 Like

Re: Life After NYSC by Ge0grapher(m): 4:44am On Jul 09, 2020
@Op I am in your shoes too.. though I am not yet done with service shaa but anytime I think about life after service, that shii give me chills..
Anyway the person above me makes some remarkable points.

1 Like

Re: Life After NYSC by Uniqueaccountant(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2020
Esther880:
Good day Nlanders.
I am Esther by name, I am a Nlander but had to create this account because of these, am 23years of age, I graduated with second class upper from a university in nigeria, just finished serving in Jos, during my service I was able to do a professional course (ICAN), and currently need a job..

Please i need your assistance, i am a young graduate, chartered accountant and need to practice what I have always longed for thanks

I also served in Jos...B19...rayfield road...

1 Like

Re: Life After NYSC by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
I think you should keep tabs on when KPMG, Deloitte and other auditing firms are recruiting. They would really love your ICAN.
Re: Life After NYSC by Gerrard59(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
Esther880:
Good day Nlanders.

KPMG graduate trainee recruitment is ongoing, please do apply. Meanwhile, keep practicing your GMAT, Dragnet, Workforce questions etc. You know that with the decline in the price of crude oil and Covid-19, Nigeria's economy has taken a hit, so prepare extremely well for any aptitude test invite you get. Best wishes!

4 Likes

Re: Life After NYSC by Esther880(f): 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thanks

Gerrard59:

KPMG graduate trainee recruitment is ongoing, please do apply. Meanwhile, keep practicing your GMAT, Dragnet, Workforce questions etc. You know that with the decline in the price of crude oil and Covid-19, Nigeria's economy has taken a hit, so prepare extremely well for any aptitude test invite you get. Best wishes!
Re: Life After NYSC by Esther880(f): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2020
hello
Re: Life After NYSC by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Leave this shithole asap
Re: Life After NYSC by Originalsly: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2020
My advice .... keep one eye open and apply for any job that within your qualifications. Forget about your dream job... or applying for jobs that are on the level of your qualifications only. Bear in mind.... last year and the years before are different than this year.... due to COVID-19 the world's economy has slowed down significantly.... jobs as we knew it are being redefined and reorganised..... and so is schooling.... we are now moving towards remote working.... and remote schooling... social distancing which adds to the reduction of workers in the workplace. Soooo many workplaces have reduced staff... and will not rehire all..... then some are closing operations altogether. You are now joining an even longer line of job seekers.... a line that has more people with experience and qualifications. I'm not saying it is impossible for you to get a job.... just saying it is sooo much more difficult than before. With this in mind.... open the other eye and look for what you can do to be self employed.... look in your community and see what is lacking or in demand ... what service you can provide that people will need that you can provide to make a living. Set aside your qualifications and most of all... shove your pride in a corner and do whatever you can to make a legit living for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Life After NYSC by Esther880(f): 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
Originalsly:
My advice .... keep one eye open and apply for any job that within your qualifications. Forget about your dream job... or applying for jobs that are on the level of your qualifications only. Bear in mind.... last year and the years before are different than this year.... due to COVID-19 the world's economy has slowed down significantly.... jobs as we knew it are being redefined and reorganised..... and so is schooling.... we are now moving towards remote working.... and remote schooling... social distancing which adds to the reduction of workers in the workplace. Soooo many workplaces have reduced staff... and will not rehire all..... then some are closing operations altogether. You are now joining an even longer line of job seekers.... a line that has more people with experience and qualifications. I'm not saying it is impossible for you to get a job.... just saying it is sooo much more difficult than before. With this in mind.... open the other eye and look for what you can do to be self employed.... look in your community and see what is lacking or in demand ... what service you can provide that people will need that you can provide to make a living. Set aside your qualifications and most of all... shove your pride in a corner and do whatever you can to make a legit living for yourself.

thanks
Re: Life After NYSC by Chivra: 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
Esther880:
Thanks

please Esther do you have an idea when the kpmg recruitment process kicks off.
Re: Life After NYSC by Chivra: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Please I need info nlanders on when any of the Big Four accounting firms kicks off recruitment this year
Re: Life After NYSC by Chivra: 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I think you should keep tabs on when KPMG, Deloitte and other auditing firms are recruiting. They would really love your ICAN.
when do they start the 2021 recruitment process as I am also interested in applying.
Re: Life After NYSC by Chivra: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

chivra:
When do they kick off with the 2021/2022 recruitment process?
Re: Life After NYSC by Gerrard59(m): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2021
Chivra:
chivra:
When do they kick off with the 2021/2022 recruitment process?

Sometime later in the year (April/May) and late in the year (September/October). This depends on the state of the economy and most importantly, Covid-19. You should rather prepare for PwC which is normally in January/February.
Re: Life After NYSC by Chivra: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
Gerrard59:

Sometime later in the year (April/May) and late in the year (September/October). This depends on the state of the economy and most importantly, Covid-19. You should rather prepare for PwC which is normally in January/February.
thanks so much but don't even know when the pwc exactly starts this month if they are going to kick off please keep me updated if any news will keep in touch
Re: Life After NYSC by Gerrard59(m): 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chivra:
thanks so much but don't even know when the pwc exactly starts this month if they are going to kick off please keep me updated if any news will keep in touch

You should register on HotNigerianJobs to be abreast of job vacancies in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After NYSC by Fremaxx: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
To be frank Esther, only you can help yourself now.
You have a good grade which will open job opportunity for you. PWC always recruits every year for graduate trainee and the job portal opens around february. Ey same thing around May if I am not mistaken. Kpmg opens all year round but you can only participate once in 3 years. Deloitte also brings out advert. You were unfortunate in 2020 because of COVID-19. Most advert came before march 2020. Limited Job vacancy posting during the lockdown.

Please remember that applying does not guarantee a safe passage to job offer. You need to prepare to pass the aptitude test and interviews. Trust me the competition is there.
Then trust in God, securing a job comes in God's time. Some ppl got their first job after 2-3 years POST NYSC.
I just hope age won't be a barrier for you

Esther880:
Good day Nlanders.

(1) (Reply)

I Got a Job In Less Than 3 Days In Moscow / Mandillas Market / Can Someone Put Me Through About This School And Us Admissions In General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.