Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (43415 Views)

NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / Church Elder Caught Having Sex With Wife’s Best Friend Whose Husband Is In Jail / Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
A typical naija Lady will Japa if man get some problem...Naija Lady are owo epo ladies....they want to be collecting salary their man because a guy is dating them.

Scam relationship and marriages everywhere
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Softhands(m): 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
illicit:
No need to get a cucumbine outside....

All she need to get is cucumber, very good fruit

It can serve as food and pleasure simultaneously.

She can enjoy the fruit of her long and hard labour

grin
I know a woman whose husband got blind and sterile a couple of years after marriage... You won't know this because the woman has a few children who are not her's living with them... The man is just like a vegetable, yet the woman is still married to him. The truth of the matter is that, there are alot of women with very wicked intentions going into marriage these days...And this is encouraged by their senseless moms... It's so unfortunate.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by smallsmall: 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed

True!
There is no true-love anymore, what we have is just one partner using the other.
The question l will ask the Poster is this: What if you are the one that got paralysed, l hope you wont mind for oyur husband to abandon you and pick up another Chick so he can have good sex.

"Do unto others, as you would expect to be done to you".
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by TheArchangel(f): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
lipsrsealed
TiglathPILESER:
The Origin, Initiator of marriage said so, the Holy Bible documented it and a silly head can't take that. What stop the wife from petitioning heaven? Oh her mind is filthy already so that's not in her option. Quote me and mention how judgemental I am, let me remind you, if you are a judge anyway! Smh
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by chiemmanuel(m): 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

There's no way the Penis will rise without the help of the spinal cord. If I am wrong, let the experts correct me.
you are right
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Stonecoldstare1: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Greatzeus:

She swear an oath to be with the man in health and wealth,in sickness and pain. So what happened?
If the man had become a governor instead of the accident that rendered him disable, would she be thinking of leaving?
Don't get me wrong,I am not asking her to stay or leave. Just stating the fact. It's her life,her choice.
What would you do if the tables were turned and it was your love on the wheelchair and not you? Will you stay and be completely faithful till death do you part?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Dandsome: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
For better for worse, if she loves him she should stay
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
Please carry your cross, don't leave the man
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by meetme01: 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
membranus:

Thanks for the correction, it is SCI.

Do you have it?

As a Christian if you have it, you take it as an affliction. And an affliction is not curse in Christian parlance, it is a test permitted by God on any person to test his or her faith.

So oga or aunty English corrector, I insists that I sympathise with the man because I am talking from a real experience as you ought to have realised from my post.

So take your English professorship elsewhere.

I am not correcting your English. The terms used in the PwDs parlance is what I pointed out.

For a better society, there is need to use these with PwDs and treat them with empathy because we are all prone to it.

You don't need to bring religion in any conversation like this. It's a free world and we shouldn't let our own religion over shadow our thoughts or dwell it on others.

To any layman, the moment you use the word affliction and sympathize, I think you know the meaning. The choice of words in any situation go along way in resolving issues and getting close to people who are facing one challenge or the order.

To your first question, yes, I am. 15yrs on wheels, married, with a kid and a Social Worker.

Hope that helps
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by coputa(m): 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

There's no way the Penis will rise without the help of the spinal cord. If I am wrong, let the experts correct me.
correct,loss of motor and sensory function as well as sexual inpairment.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by TiglathPILESER: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Cococandy you are an old woman! Someone I would love to meet!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
LadySarah:
Leaving because he's bedridden?Anything can happen to anyone at anytime.I'm not trying to judge you cos you've shown you are strong woman for 2 yrs already.
99% of Nigerian men will not remain. Even their wives that had CS feels useless to them ofoziekwa bedridden wife. It is then they will bundle you back to your ppl.

For a sexually active woman ,the lack of sex can be disturbing.

What I think you should do.
1.choose to be happy.
2.If his penis still works do the riding. If no. Have a talk with him if you can get a Love Machine or a man friend or he can explore you with his hands. Theres no shame in that. Righteous ppl should ignore my post.

3.pls don't stop believing in miracles.

You Don start again
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ndmichaels(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Penis no de pain her husband na.... Na back de pain am..... So she can use another sex style to get what she want........
Man may cum and faint, or even give up. sad
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by coputa(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
soonest:
She should discuss with her husband and have a concubine outside. God forgive me
Most culture forbids it,ancestors will kill the man n the children.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by civilserva: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
Let's us remember the true meaning of marriage. Marriage is a serious relationship established by God for man and woman who love themselves to leave their respective families and bond everlastingly together until death set them apart. Marriage goes with serious commitment and anyone undermining marriage is going against our God Almighty principles on marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Chirowman(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
this is a very hard decision to make,but it has never been easy in life .Love is over rated when some thing bad happens to you that's when you know if there's love or not in both genders .I always pray that instead of me to be in this kind of condition death would be better,the man himself will be wishing for such because his just worthless just a working dead.if she can't take it leaving would be better because for me I can't be alive to witness such humiliation.Some men could be useless they concubine might be rubbing it on the face or even the wom
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Amumaigwe: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

If the table were turned, would he have stayed?
Would you?

You don't have a choice under the obligation of your solemn marital oaths. Or do you?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by okoolori(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
soonest:
She should discuss with her husband and have a concubine outside. God forgive me

Seriously?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by mrchineke: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
Carchoice:
Sad story.

God works in miraculous ways. I don’t know what to advise but that man can get back on his feet one day and start doing great things, then this woman will come crying for forgiveness.

Women with all the shakara. It is when your penls stop functioning you’ll find out they always want sex and if they don’t get it, they might die grin

Wrong!!!
Women just generally desire what they can’t have.
Too many ffking kids on this thread.
NOBODY stays in such a relationship any more. Not in this wide world! Unless the man is loaded with money.
If she fails to leave, trust me, her MOTHER will drag her out of there!!!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by perryy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
I really feel for the woman , but if she leaves the man , he will die very soon. This life self.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by stonecoldcafe: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.

Why is this question even asked? Nor be marriage abi na boyfriend? Smh
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by dangervu(m): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sad ! a surgery can be done to fix the broken spinal cord ! nigeria is 20years behind in the medical field
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Tunagee(m): 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
GOFRONT:
Abeg, who get the Woman phone number here??

Don't worry, what happened to the man will happen to you in marriage, and another man would start asking for your wife's number. Mumu!!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by arazanbal: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
preek preek preek, all i see here is about preek and sex, life nor dy again to leave because d man cant Bleep again?? is that what the marriage was all about at first place. if the man really paid d woman bride price and d woman wanna leave d man because say e cant Bleep again shame on her, if it about taking care of the family, honestly it not the mans fault for sustaining dat injury,nor be during hustling to take care of the household d injury come, dis generation of women self get as e b, there is more to marriage and life apart from sex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by GuestLog: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

If the table were turned, would he have stayed?
Would you?
If the tables were turned, would she like him to leave?

That's the right question to ask her.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by phemmyfour: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

Cucumber does not have muscles and milk. Don't forget that the "milk" is responsible for the fertilization of the egg.
That's if she wants another child
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by thorpido(m): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
armylord:
is it what causes erectile dysfunction grin
No,other factors come into play with erectile dysfunction which mainly has to do with issues of blood flow.People who have hypertension or other blood circulation issues can have dysfunction.Diabetes is another factor.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by ChiefSweetus: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed
Sigh
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by slydog(m): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
LadySarah:
Leaving because he's bedridden?Anything can happen to anyone at anytime.I'm not trying to judge you cos you've shown you are strong woman for 2 yrs already.
99% of Nigerian men will not remain. Even their wives that had CS feels useless to them ofoziekwa bedridden wife. It is then they will bundle you back to your ppl.

For a sexually active woman ,the lack of sex can be disturbing.

What I think you should do.
1.choose to be happy.
2.If his penis still works do the riding. If no. Have a talk with him if you can get a Love Machine or a man friend or he can explore you with his hands. Theres no shame in that. Righteous ppl should ignore my post.

3.pls don't stop believing in miracles.

Perhaps sex is not the most important thing here.
I grew up with a neighbor who's father had a terrible stroke that made him stop working at 45, thankfully, the wife was a nurse in a govt hospital and rose to become a matron. She has single handedly raised four children up to graduate, and just moved into her house she built this year before the man passed on at 60.
I Know it's not easy man, but what happens if she leave him and elope with another man and fate deals her another hefty blow?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by tiana29(f): 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheArchangel:
SPINAL CORD INJURY SIR. SPINAL CORD INJURY!!!
This is not a guy in coma that can wake up one day. Dude can't care for his basic needs talk more of humping and providing for his family.

She can leave if she want.....
it seems you already have it figured out,why bring it here then? Well her life her choice.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by mrchineke: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2020

I actually know a family like this. Guy was wasted with his power bike. He was flown to India straight. Stayed there for like one yr. Money wasn't problem. Had a wife and a new kid. My bobo very close friend. The wife stopped work( they were fulani so the wife didn't open up to us that much even though his husband is very close to mine). I went there again like a yr after and he has started moving some parts of his body though I was told he frequents India like he want to go and wee.
Wife started work again( a banker), at a point he started working again too but from home. An IT guru.
Next thing we heard was that she was pregnant.

Make money o.
At least it will help you to an extent. That guy would have been dead if not for money. I heard about his accident on radio. Never knew I will meet him. I think that lady would have left if not for his background.
All I knew was that I told bros who was still insisting on buying a power bike after seeing that horrible incident that I don't know for others but I will leave once I heard he had an accident. I think that settled the craze for power bike then grin

Bloody Liar!!!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Dynamite789: 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Do unto others the way you want them to do unto you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman, 23 Stabs Female Neighbour For Mocking Her Over 65-year Old Hubby (pic) / Man Who Smokes Weed With His Wife & Daughter Beats Them For Having Sex With Same / Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.