Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (43412 Views)

NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / Church Elder Caught Having Sex With Wife’s Best Friend Whose Husband Is In Jail / Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Keemsleek005(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheArchangel:
SPINAL CORD INJURY SIR. SPINAL CORD INJURY!!!
This is not a guy in coma that can wake up one day. Dude can't care for his basic needs talk more of humping and providing for his family.

She can leave if she want.....

You see, these kind of Advice you people give can be crazy, but you people forget anything can still happen tomorrow, mine is worse than that but today am back on my feet, getting back. when she and her family think i wont make it thru, even said i did money rituals cos i love helping. Yes she left, but today i give thanks to God. Someone couldnt hide it again and said these is the same woman, u gave everything to and would give your life up for. I dont insult women but these your comment is annoying.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by HRMK: 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
UR THE ONE FEELING THE HEAT!LOOK AT THE PROS AND CONS,THEN DECIDE!!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Sterope(f): 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
I shared the same opinion with a man and a wife that suffered from clinical postpartum depression and she wasn't getting any better at all.

Frankly, in such scenarios, many women still stay in comparison to men.

RTSC:

Reverse the scenario.

If the woman was the one with the condition, is the man free to abandon her without being called wicked?

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ten06(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

If the table were turned, would he have stayed?
Would you?
Whether he stay or not leaving a spouse because of an unforeseen misfortune is wrong
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by uthlaw: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.
the matter hard!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by professore(m): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
May God help us.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ladycewhy(f): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
RTSC:

Reverse the scenario.

If the woman was the one with the condition, is the man free to abandon her without being called wicked?
men that gladly abandon their healthy wives and children for side chicks in Nigeria , na this one go hard them to do? undecided

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by ITDarrell(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.

Some people only think they deserve help when they need one!!
If I may ask,
What was her relationship with her husband's relatives after getting married to the man??
Did she nurture a healthy relationship with them or tried to have him and all he had to herself alone!!! I.e "ooh Israel to his tent" syndrome??.
If at all she married the family members as well, I see no reason why "all" of them will reject them at this critical situation!!!

My advise !!!!

"She should bear and carry her Cross!!!"
One day her cross will turn to a Crucifix in Jesus name" Amen!!!

Moral!!!
Ladies maintain healthy relationship with your husband's people, you never can tell when you will need their help !!!!!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by membranus: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

If the table were turned, would he have stayed?
Would you?

For men many stays because they have initially been the bread winner of the family and have been going out to work and bring in the bread. He only needs to employ a dedicated person to help the woman in his absence at an affordable salary until the woman recovers enough strength to be independent.

Moreso spinal cord rarely affects woman private part (unlike man) so the man can still enjoy sexual relationship with his woman. I have seen spinal cord woman getting pregnant and giving birth easily during the affliction, giving them additional joy.

It is always difficult for any man suffering from SCI, especially at the initial years if they don't have good family support and enough finances for physiotherapy and dedicated helpers. Especially in this country where there is no good medical facilities and cares to help them recover quickly.

My sympathy goes to the man under the affliction, though also to the woman because it is not easy to care alone for a quadriplegic spinal cord victim.

As for the woman I will advise her to stick with the man during this trying moment of his life, he will soon recover and will forever be grateful to her.

My prayers goes to the man, may the ALMIGHTY GOD heal him quickly.

I am talking from close experience.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by sulasa07(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Penis no de pain her husband na.... Na back de pain am..... So she can use another sex style to get what she want........
I think you need serious beating for this ur comment

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by meetme01: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

Which do you advise?

What's the injury level of your husband?

What was he doing before you got married?

Let's start from there.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by kleolouis(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

Which do you advise?

hmm...wahlai this one hard to choook mouth
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by meetme01: 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
membranus:

For men many stays because they have initially been the bread winner of the family and have been going out to work and bring in the bread. He only needs to employ a dedicated person to help the woman in his absence at an affordable salary until the woman recovers enough strength to be independent.

Moreso spinal cord rarely affects woman private part (unlike man) so the man can still enjoy sexual relationship with his woman. I have seen spinal cord woman getting pregnant and giving birth easily during the affliction, giving them additional joy.

It is always difficult for any man suffering from SPI, especially at the initial years if they don't have good family support and enough finances for physiotherapy and dedicated helpers. Especially in this country where there is no good medical facilities and cares to help them recover quickly.

My sympathy goes to the man under the affliction, though also to the woman because it is not easy to care alone for a quadriplegic spinal cord victim.

My prayers goes to the man, may the ALMIGHTY GOD heal him quickly.

I am talking from close experience.

It's SCI. Spinal Cord Injured

It is not an affliction (curse). It is an injury that could be sustained by anyone.

You don't sympathize with PWDs,you empathize.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
for better for worse, in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, in death do us part amen..o.p shay u hear am?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by cnonyechi(f): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
Wat if she was the one in that situation? How would she feel if her husband was thinking of leaving her.
She Don buy market oo, no going back.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by TheArchangel(f): 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
Uniquekriss:
really?
embarassed
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Kazim88: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

Oh yes, I am biased. Why?
I am biased because people remember for better or worse when women are in situations like this, but if it were the other way around, they will pat the man in the back.

https://www.nairaland.com/3959073/divorce-journal

Sounded like those twitter feminist... Lol
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by donsheddy1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Thought we marry our partners "for better, for worse". She should stick in and if she can't hold it no more, she should dissolve the marriage by divorce.
Finally someone with sense. I second this please.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by GboyegaD(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
lomprico:

if na your wife dey un that she, you go marry sharp sharp na

It isn't for me to make you happy by glorifying your thoughts or otherwise
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Pweetiedude(m): 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

What does penis has to do with spinal cord ....
The brain and spinal cord control penile erections.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Scot1255: 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

Cucumber does not have muscles and milk. Don't forget that the "milk" is responsible for the fertilization of the egg.
And u r a guy. Imaging it happened to u
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Missyajoke(f): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
illicit:
No need to get a cucumbine outside....

All she need to get is cucumber, very good fruit

It can serve as food and pleasure simultaneously.

She can enjoy the fruit of her long and hard labour

grin

Its not funny at all
She's asking for an advice
If you doing know what to say keep quiet
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Kazim88: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
My advice to the man.... Never allow anyone stay with you out of sympathy.

No matter your condition, believe you're valuable, add value, be productive.

But if you lack the fortitude and courage to live beyond your circumstances, if you could not make the infamous ends meet... Die with honor and prestige not by suicide nor by a nagging wife, die doing your best, die on your feet mentally. For the day a man dies should be better than the day he was born.

For the woman, don't allow sentiment to hold you back.... Re-evaluate your options.... If you choose to stay, stay with all your heart, if you choose to go, go... After all you might be the cause of his bad luck.

Either way, be hot or cold.

3 Likes

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by chima47(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
My wife have been bedridden for 4years and 5months now, l still take care of her, and pray that she gets better one day, So dear stay for your husband, make the sacrifice to support him with your presence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by 77up(m): 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is the question when you married a slay queen,is this actually suppose to be a question from a good wife at all? I won't be surprised to know that the man actually got this problem by satisfying this hoe undecided

Where is the oat of for better for worse? I don't want to imagine what that man will pass through if eventually she later leave him embarassed

If it's the other way around, I know a man can never even come up with such question, I hope op can talk sense to her to stay with him.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by NewDelhi(m): 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed
Put yourself in her shoes, it's a difficult choice to make. She's still young and has at least 50years to live. Will you be happy with this kind of life for the next 50 years.?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by membranus: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
meetme01:

It's SCI. Spinal Cord Injured

It is not an affliction (curse). It is an injury that could be sustained by anyone.

You don't sympathize with PWDs,you empathize.

Thanks for the correction, it is SCI.

Do you have it?

As a Christian if you have it, you take it as an affliction. And an affliction is not curse in Christian parlance, it is a test permitted by God on any person to test his or her faith.

So oga or aunty English corrector, I insists that I sympathise with the man because I am talking from a real experience as you ought to have realised from my post.

So take your English professorship elsewhere.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by TiglathPILESER: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheArchangel:
It is the reality of the world we live in.
For better for worse is for the Bible thumpers.
The Origin, Initiator of marriage said so, the Holy Bible documented it and a silly head can't take that. What stop the wife from petitioning heaven? Oh her mind is filthy already so that's not in her option. Quote me and mention how judgemental I am, let me remind you, if you are a judge anyway! Smh
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Roon9(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed

Deep!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by pekisdgee(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

What does penis has to do with spinal cord ....
please Google bfr asking jamb q? here
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by AfroKnight: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
That’s women for you.

Any man who falls on hard times stands a better chance of pulling through by relying on his friends and siblings rather than his wife. In the event that siblings and friends are not forthcoming then he is in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Woman, 23 Stabs Female Neighbour For Mocking Her Over 65-year Old Hubby (pic) / Man Who Smokes Weed With His Wife & Daughter Beats Them For Having Sex With Same

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.