Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm (105353 Views)

Meet Vicki Podberesky, Hushpuppi's Lawyer In California / FBI ‘Kidnapped” Hushpuppi From Dubai - Pissetzky, Lawyer / Gal Pissetzky: Hushpuppi Is Into Real Estate, Not A Fraudster – Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by AreaFada2: 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
adonainana:
Let the legal battle begin,

But the thing is FBI already hacked his instagram, gmail, and i cloud accounts based on the affidavit the FBI agent first submitted

Google and Gmail are both American companies, they easily snitch on you and dont tell you to change your password or anything so in your end you just keep logging in and logging out like nothing is happening.

Also his phone records appeared to have been compromised

Even the affidavit the FBI guy submitted had his passport in it ( they could only get that from going into somewhere private in your email )

Then from his bank accounts, large transfers would have been deposited into it someway somehow.

Then the large cash found on him ( any amount more than £10,000 is money laundering on the spot )

The only evidence they probably would tell the jury probably be based on either a conspiracy to defraud.

Based on my experience there wont be much oral evidence, just documentary evidence from the big tech companies saying what was going on in his email accounts and his bank accounts

Conviction easy to secure on this alone without anyone testifying to say he defrauded them and vice versa

Most things the jury would see would just be reports of him discussing wire transfers and how it eventually landed in his account.

Normally the only way to defend a case like this is to argue perhaps a bank learnt you the money or you had a very rich portfolio to start with.

If huspuppi lawyer is smart, he can always start a defence all the tech reports here and there had nothing to do with his client and perhaps a blackmail by the prosecution to make his client pay for unexplained losses elsewhere.

He could also use jusridiction, hush was always in dubai all the time, so hence no connection.

But the hush guy too no go school so im sure he wont be able to even communicate his defence to his lawyer, all he was busy doing was stealing money and buying gucci up and down.

What a pity

Samuel Eluyefa Esq

Jurisdiction argument won't cut it. That must already have been argued in Dubai. A crime committed while based abroad but has American victims or victims resident in USA, America claims jurisdiction. Hence extradition to USA.

Americans who commit certain crimes abroad can be tried back in America too.

If his lawyers can convince the courts that he was a small fry under the control and influence of bigger fish somewhere or a mere poorly educated, difficult childhood man easily used as a front AND he helps to nail those big fish, then he can get a plea bargain that will drastically reduce his sentence.

But it seems FBI has overwhelming evidence that he was the mastermind of his yahoo empire. They have massive resources for investigation.

If they are sure and conviction seems assured, then plea bargain won't be offered or accepted by the US Attorney's office.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by InvertedHammer: 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
Millenniumlady:
I think the only thing he can do for him now is to help him reduce his jail term but it's likely to be difficult because I don't remember any charity works carried out by husp to present as evidence to help him get few jail time.......Charitable works are one of the things helping all this U.S. celebrities with low jail time or getting out on bail .
/
Not Federal case.

El Chappo Guzman and most drug lords were great philanthropists. When sentenced, they were locked and keys thrown into the ocean.

Only 2% of Federal cases go to trial. Most of them plead guilty when they see the evidence against them. Of those who went to trial, about 75% are convicted and 99% of them sentenced. The odds are highly against Hush. The only thing the lawyer can do is milk the hell out of him and get him a good deal(reduced charges and sentences).

I expect Hush to get 5-10 years only.

/

2 Likes

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by RealEzee(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
fowlyansh181:
this is the defense already .. he has already started his work from Forbes
e don start
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by mulerogold(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
hayodejipop:
stupid hush..... instead of him to hire Raymond reddington, Micheal Scofield, professor with maybe jack Bauer......in a months time he suppose to be out!!!!!!!!!

anyway,who am I to judge

Lol..bro, you are addicted to Hollywood �

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Davidganna10: 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
gurunlocker:
grin

This are the $1000 per hour lawyer.... They will proof a scam isn't a scam. cheesy grin
This made me remember QUEEN OF THE SOUTH TV series
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Simvan: 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
tillaman:
May the best man win but in the mean time This is what his prison food should look like
Just how he likes it
Else he won’t eat
Lol grin
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
if he goes to court and got convicted. they will lock him up and throw away the key into lake placid to end up in the belly of the crocodile. but if he was adviced to plead guilty before facing trial he could get a lesser sentence. and would still got gucci support cos hes never to be caught unfresh OK aaaay

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by adonainana: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

Jurisdiction argument won't cut it. That must already have been argued in Dubai. A crime committed while based abroad but has American victims or victims resident in USA, America claims jurisdiction. Hence extradition to USA.

Americans who commit certain crimes abroad can be tried back in America too.

If his lawyers can convince the courts that he was a small fry under the control and influence of bigger fish somewhere or a mere poorly educated, difficult childhood man easily used as a front AND he helps to nail those big fish, then he can get a plea bargain that will drastically reduce his sentence.

But it seems FBI has overwhelming evidence that he was the mastermind of his yahoo empire. They have massive resources for investigation.

If they are sure and conviction seems assured, then plea bargain won't be offered or accepted by the US Attorney's office.

It can all you have to is to find an alibi connection to any funds you received into your bank account.

Bigest mistake is to start crying crocodile tears in court and start saying u had a tough childhood and start casting or having any pleas, its the same as pleading guilty

Dont do it, stick to a valid defence, and stick to it, the jury is impartial and must be convinced you are theif, if you have evidence to say you are not then you are not
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by adonainana: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
chatinent:

You speak well, yet you didn't say sth on my mind. He could use rebuttal, thereby charging [b]Charging Google and the other mail providers for snitching him, privacy intrusion [/b]and 'setting him up' by putting those things there claiming he knows nothing about it.

You are right but these are civil claims very very different from what he is facing at the moment.

It also depends on how good his lawyer is in preventing some things from being admissible

The general consensus of the law is sometimes almost everything is admissible evidence except hearsay evidence

So if you even if gmail was snitching on you, it may be admissible in court even tho its was a breach of your privacy just like the police tapping you phone etc
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by westland0556: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
MATURELION:
yes but you see internet laws are still porous so he might get a way around so long as his lawyer knows what he's doing but if the evidence is pronounced and the guy did not cover his tracks well..... let's just be watching
I can bet this with you, everything about him, his activities, mails and all transactions are already with FBI.. I see him pleading guilty in no distance time. The internet laws may still be porous..But America hardly let go any cybercrime that involves business email compromise.. Let's see how it goes.. What put him into this final mess was over confidence and greediness, he had enough grace to have retired from this illegit business and possibly use proceeds from is ill-gotten wealth to build business empire for himself..
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by adonainana: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
westland0556:

If Jurisdiction can be used as part of his defence.. Then you will have to tell us, why the founder/owner of Liberty reserve, (the then digital currency) is still with American Government, cooling his head in one of their notorious prisons. To remind you, he is a Costa Rican by nationality, was latter arrested in Madrid Spain and extradited from there to the United States of America since more than 6years ago. If you believe that Hushpuppi can get fair hearing with all the evidences against him.. Then you shld be able to believe everything.. We are talking of FBI here and not EFCC.. Before FBI carried out any of thier operations, they must have gotten adequate facts and evidence to prosecute and nail the culprit.... My opinion sir

They only have what they got on him

Reason why a case of conspiracy to wire sounds more plausible based on the affidavit i read from the FBI report

Most evidence they got seemed like a compromise of his devices

There are different types of evidence, there wont be a single testimony from anyone that husppuppy stole money from them and it was definitely
him. This could be the difference whether he walks free or goes to jail.

Discussing to steal money is entirely different from going to wire peoples accounts

Its going to be an interesting battle for any criminal lawyer who knows what he is doing sha

2 Likes

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by PDPGuy: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Not Federal case.

El Chappo Guzman and most drug lords were great philanthropists. When sentenced, they were locked and keys thrown into the ocean.

Only 2% of Federal cases go to trial. Most of them plead guilty when they see the evidence against them. Of those who went to trial, about 75% are convicted and 99% of them sentenced. The odds are highly against Hush. The only thing the lawyer can do is milk the hell out of him and get him a good deal(reduced charges and sentences).

I expect Hush to get 5-10 years only.

/

Going by his attorney’s statement, they are going to trial; hence there will be no plea bargain.
Also, the US Attorney’s office is pushing for 20 years imprisonment. The court will most likely grant the prosecution’s wish as is the standard practice if a guilty verdict is returned.
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by MOnkeyBabe(f): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
uruba23:

How much is Gucci paying it's brand ambassador's,if he is into real estate would he be nice to list all the property he own's or have sold. How much in tax does he remit. When we analyse all the payments then we can start. Moreover the Interpol and FBI had been on his matter way back,moreover Abass and his gang were very active in Nigeria between early 2016 and 2019,although I am yet to know who was been swindled but the BDC really had a field day and only Interpol could solve the puzzle due to the transnational nature of the crime. I know he is just a pawn the Baba's involve in this elaborate scheme would have no digital trace on them. But I guess Ramon is still a young man like Jesus he can carry the cross of others.
they will soon warn GuCCi to stop selling to extravagant people
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by InvertedHammer: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
PDPGuy:

Going by his attorney’s statement, they are going to trial; hence there will be no plea bargain.
Also, the US Attorney’s office is pushing for 20 years imprisonment. The court will most likely grant the prosecution’s wish as is the standard practice if a guilty verdict is returned.
/
Don't listen to the lawyer. He is doing his initial gragra to justify his bills. They all do. If Hush goes to trial, he will be destroyed.
Don't forget that many lawyers have goaded their clients into absolute destruction in the court. He can only counsel Hush. The decision is up to Hushpuppi.

\

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by emmyrate1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
adonainana:
Let the legal battle begin,

But the thing is FBI already hacked his instagram, gmail, and i cloud accounts based on the affidavit the FBI agent first submitted

Google and Gmail are both American companies, they easily snitch on you and dont tell you to change your password or anything so in your end you just keep logging in and logging out like nothing is happening.

Also his phone records appeared to have been compromised

Even the affidavit the FBI guy submitted had his passport in it ( they could only get that from going into somewhere private in your email )

Then from his bank accounts, large transfers would have been deposited into it someway somehow.

Then the large cash found on him ( any amount more than £10,000 is money laundering on the spot )

The only evidence they probably would tell the jury probably be based on either a conspiracy to defraud.

Based on my experience there wont be much oral evidence, just documentary evidence from the big tech companies saying what was going on in his email accounts and his bank accounts

Conviction easy to secure on this alone without anyone testifying to say he defrauded them and vice versa

Most things the jury would see would just be reports of him discussing wire transfers and how it eventually landed in his account.

Normally the only way to defend a case like this is to argue perhaps a bank learnt you the money or you had a very rich portfolio to start with.

If huspuppi lawyer is smart, he can always start a defence all the tech reports here and there had nothing to do with his client and perhaps a blackmail by the prosecution to make his client pay for unexplained losses elsewhere.

He could also use jusridiction, hush was always in dubai all the time, so hence no connection.

But the hush guy too no go school so im sure he wont be able to even communicate his defence to his lawyer, all he was busy doing was stealing money and buying gucci up and down.

What a pity

Samuel Eluyefa Esq

you think FBI is daft just like you sound. Or probably you think this is happening in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by adonainana: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
uruba23:

How much is Gucci paying it's brand ambassador's,if he is into real estate [/b]would he be nice to list all [b]the property he own's or have sold. How much in tax does he remit. When we analyse all the payments then we can start. Moreover the Interpol and FBI had been on his matter way back,moreover Abass and his gang were very active in [b]Nigeria between early 2016 and 2019,[/b]although I am yet to know who was been swindled but the BDC really had a field day and only Interpol could solve the puzzle due to the transnational nature of the crime. I know he is just a pawn the Baba's involve in this elaborate scheme would have no digital trace on them. But I guess Ramon is still a young man like Jesus he can carry the cross of others.

All these is not the criminal court problems to anaylse, the job of the jury would be if based on the evidence he is guilty of the crimes he has been accused of. Whether he has an oil ring in dubai or has a bdc in china is not the issue. The issue would be what the real issue is, did he ever conspire or steal money from american citizens. And as such where is the evidence to say he did.

All those one in the FBI affidavit saying he was discussing an account and using a slang that is used for wire wire, i was just laughing, na this kain evidence you would tender before a proper judge.

Someone was in dubai messaging his friend about wire wire, then it must have been the money lost from an american company that he was talking about, what about the money lost from a chinese company the same time, what if it was that one he was talking about ?

tbh hush probably stole money i am sure of that, but he if he sticks to his defence he will walk free
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by CanadaOrBust: 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Oddslordreal:
shocked

Him business

But why involve in Yahoo Yahoo,wen you can dive into sports b#tting

.find me if you're interested in b#t

More wins

Oddslordreal

Because yahoo yahoo is more honest - u r not ripping off desperate poor people
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by EzeAmusu(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Oddslordreal:
shocked

Him business

But why involve in Yahoo Yahoo,wen you can dive into sports b#tting

.find me if you're interested in b#t

More wins

Oddslordreal
u are worse than that husspuppy
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by adonainana: 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
xandy84:
Educate yourself. FBI need a subpoena from a judge before Google allow them access to his Gmail, iCloud account. That is not snitching. It is called proper channel...

Subpoena or not, hush lawyer could argue it doesnt have a direct causual link to the theft on any american company because there is no evidence it did. I am sure companies in china all over the world lose money.

Just no direct evidence and that could play a very big part

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Abolarin91(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
Well, as Yoruba will always say "egnerun samuel ko le sa molourun lowo" kiss he can't escape this.

Meanwhile if you need electric fence-wire, barb wire, panel mesh, chainlink, etc. Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by adonainana: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
emmyrate1:
you think FBI is daft just like you sound. Or probably you think this is happening in Nigeria.

Thank God he has a proper lawyer and im sure its not the FBI prosecuting themselves and its through their lawyer. There are some legal principles that the common man like you would never understand.

So let them do their battle in peace, dont worry about everything.
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Kazim88: 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

Well I disagree a bit. He was hoping Atiku will win the last election and he will turn legit at some point, I believe.

Do you think Allen Onyema is 100% innocent... Naa but US can't touch him. He is an hero.

The National Assembly gave him a standing ovation.

Do you think Atiku is clean, do you think Jagaban is clean. Naaa... But they have background.
Nnamdi Kanu, proscribed yet shielded by the intl community, you know why... They have social followers.

Hushpuppi should had atleast donated to IDP in Borno and made a show of it, he can also contact Alexreport for fake awards like Churchill.

Do you know all those sponsored protest are not for Nigerians, Nigerians know it's fake... It's for the intl community.

He wasn't smart at all, they was no end game, no mission, no grand purpose.

He had opportunity to retire and live the rest of his life discovering new places but he was more concerned about clout.

I wonder how someone would call a loud, vain and show off thief intelligent
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by TheCvBank: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Obierika:

Will he still remember the password to his ewallet when he gets out of jail? grin

Hushpuppi maybe dumb to be scamming folks and showing off on IG but forgetting his BTC wallet details with millions in it is unimaginable.
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by AreaFada2: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
adonainana:

It can all you have to is to find an alibi connection to any funds you received into your bank account.

Bigest mistake is to start crying crocodile tears in court and start saying u had a tough childhood and start casting or having any pleas, its the same as pleading guilty

Dont do it, stick to a valid defence, and stick to it, the jury is impartial and must be convinced you are theif, if you have evidence to say you are not then you are not
Oga with Nigeria's reputation or rather notoriety oh boy forget impartiality. The US attorney will milk it for all it is worth.

As a federal case that involves Dubai police and probably many other countries, his lawyer will know the evidence against him and advice him accordingly.
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
frog12:
these AMERICAN top lawyers are not what you think they are. REMEMBER oj simpson and his top LAWYERS. where are they now
these AMERICAN top lawyers are not what you think they are. REMEMBER oj simpson and his top LAWYERS. where are they now
so you implying PiSSetzky's Daughter would be popular like Kim?
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
AfroKnight:
cheesy

The FBI now have to decide if Hushpuppy is important enough for a deal or not.

Not surprised he hired American Mike Ozekhome.
knew Russia & imo had some thing in common
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by golddare: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
TheRealProphet:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/401738-n168-billion-fraud-hushpuppi-hires-top-chicago-lawyer.html

I taught it was a joke when someone said if you want to be successful in criminality dont steal small money but big money because to get a good SAN in Nigeria starts from 40M so if you get 3 of them you will be fine at end. I will not sbe surprised if this guy walk away irrespective of his crime but I am so sure that nemesis will catch up on all fraudsters one day.
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
Millenniumlady:
I've study the U.S. jail system and see how it works
nice
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
adonainana:

All these is not the criminal court problems to anaylse, the job of the jury would be if based on the evidence he is guilty of the crimes he has been accused of. Whether he has an oil ring in dubai or has a bdc in china is not the issue. The issue would be what the real issue is, did he ever conspire or steal money from american citizens. And as such where is the evidence to say he did.

All those one in the FBI affidavit saying he was discussing an account and using a slang that is used for wire wire, i was just laughing, na this kain evidence you would tender before a proper judge.

Someone was in dubai messaging his friend about wire wire, then it must have been the money lost from an american company that he was talking about, what about the money lost from a chinese company the same time, what if it was that one he was talking about ?

tbh hush probably stole money i am sure of that, but he if he sticks to his defence he will walk free
I think if he is smart he would enter into a plea bargain before other evidence come up.
Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
That lawyer is just going to eat his money for nothing. The wisest thing he can do is to cooperate and plead guilty and get a reduced sentence just as Invictus did! Period. That lawyer is not gonna help him much!

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by zone51: 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Hushpuppi..

For once patronize made in Nigeria..

We have credible lawyers here...

grin grin grin

Lawyer Atomic bomb abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm by Afamcy: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
Na him initiate MMM.. I swear Thunder from Zimbabwe go fire ram there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Butchered, Murdered In Durumi, Abuja (Graphic Photos) / Decomposing Bodies Of 3 Kidnapped University Of Port Harcourt Students (Graphic) / Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.