Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect (646 Views)

CNN Fires Don Lemon / Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Wasn't Perfect: 'Uncontested Champions Of Fake News'
Robert Jeffress says Lemon's comments are 'heretical' and show how 'tone-deaf the left is to faith issues'
Caleb ParkeBy Caleb Parke | Fox News
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11985363_capturepastorslamsdonlemon_jpeg5f2026984252b8c5b6f758d745845c30
CNN's Don Lemon scolds Terry Crews, says Black Lives Matter is about police brutality, not Black-on-Black violence
CNN host Don Lemon explains to actor Terry Crews what Black Lives Matter is about.

CNN anchor Don Lemon made the claim that Jesus Christ was "not perfect," which Pastor Robert Jeffress said "makes him and his network the uncontested champions of Fake News."

"Jesus Christ, if that's who you believe in, Jesus Christ, admittedly was not perfect when he was here on this earth," Lemon told his colleague Chris Cuomo during "CNN Tonight with Don Lemon" on Monday. "So why are we deifying the founders of this country, many of whom owned slaves?"

PASTOR ROBERT JEFFRESS ADDRESSES ‘ONLY CURE’ TO RACISM AND LAWLESSNESS IN AMERICA

The clip was widely shared on social media.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11985364_capturepastorslamsdonlemon1_pngcf9d6a5d26e4aad6daf797dbed15972a

"Don Lemon's comments are, first of all, heretical," Jeffress, the pastor of 14,000-member First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas, told Fox News, "and it contradicts the most basic tenet of the Christian faith and demonstrates how tone-deaf the left is to faith issues."

CNN'S DON LEMON DEFENDS REMOVAL OF STATUES: PEOPLE WERE TAUGHT 'PROPAGANDA' ABOUT AMERICAN HISTORY

"Our founding fathers, like all of us, were imperfect human beings," Jeffress added, "but Jesus Christ was different than any other man that lived, and as the founder of our faith, he had to be perfect."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11985365_capturepastorslamsdonlemon2_jpeg5b6d3a1e276238bc45f998886c1c1591

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

MRCTV says, "this isn't the first time that CNN has aired anti-religious rhetoric," pointing to what Cuomo told his viewers at the end of last week.

"If you believe in one another and if you do the right thing for yourself and your community, things will get better in this country. You don't need help from above," he said at the conclusion of Friday's show. "It's within us."

Last month, far-left activist Shaun King called for all images depicting Jesus as a "White European" to be torn down because they're a form of "White supremacy" and "racist propaganda."

Source

1 Share

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by IJOBA2: 1:20am On Jul 10, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
Jesus is God.
so Jesus is so perfect like God
JESUS IS NOT GOD, AND YES HES PERFECT
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Jesusloveyou: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2020
IJOBA2:
are you kidding me,
Or are you a Jehovah witness, or a Catholic..
That Jesus is not God? Is Jesus god's like you and I?

Read John 1:1-5.
The word was God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by IJOBA2: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
are you kidding me,
Or are you a Jehovah witness, or a Catholic..
That Jesus is not God? Is Jesus god's like you and I?

Read John 1:1-5.
The word was God.
JESUS YESHUA ISAH MESSIAH ALMASIH EMMANUEL IS NOTHING BUT A MERE MORTAL JUST LIKE YOU AND I.

BE GUIDED BRUH
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Jesusloveyou: 9:26am On Jul 10, 2020
IJOBA2:
JESUS YESHUA ISAH MESSIAH ALMASIH EMMANUEL IS NOTHING BUT A MERE MORTAL JUST LIKE YOU AND I.

BE GUIDED BRUH
did you read the verse I asked you to read?

That is fallacy, to equate Jesus with mortal man.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by IJOBA2: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2020
Jesusloveyou:

SO GOD CONTRADICTS HIMSELF WHEN HE SAID THAT “THOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY OTHER GODS BESIDE ME,BECAUSE IAM A JEALOUS GOD”
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Poseidon000: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2020
Jesusloveyou:

You should've deduced by now that you're dealing with an Islamic fundamentalist, thus, any discussion you've with him on this matter, is an exercise in futility.

He'll pull out verses from the bible, that is not germane or applicable to the context of your discussion and use experience to beat you silly in foolery.

For instance; look at the verse he mischievously quoted - THOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY OTHER GODS BESIDE ME,BECAUSE IAM A JEALOUS GOD - but the same Bible said in John 10:30 "I and my father are one."

Use your discretion and avoid him like a plague.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Jesusloveyou: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2020
IJOBA2:
SO GOD CONTRADICTS HIMSELF WHEN HE SAID THAT “THOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY OTHER GODS BESIDE ME,BECAUSE IAM A JEALOUS GOD”
that means I need to preach the goodnews to you.
You're very far from the teaching of the word of God.

Jesus said, I and my father are one.
God is in him and he abided with the father.

Jesus is not another gods like idolatry.
He that worship God the father also worship Jesus because there are one.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Jesusloveyou: 10:07am On Jul 10, 2020
Poseidon000:

You should've deduced by now that you're dealing with an Islamic fundamentalist, thus, any discussion you've with him on this matter, is an exercise in futility.

He'll pull out verses from the bible, that is not germane or applicable to the context of your discussion and use experience to beat you silly in foolery.
although I don't like arguing the word of God with people like that.
And I don't like be in this religion section..

Ijoba2.
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by IJOBA2: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
although I don't like arguing the word of God with people like that.
And I don't like be in this religion section..

Ijoba2.
LOL HE EVEN CALLED ME A MUSLIMgrin
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by IJOBA2: 10:39am On Jul 10, 2020
Poseidon000:

For instance; look at the verse he mischievously quoted - THOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY OTHER GODS BESIDE ME,BECAUSE IAM A JEALOUS GOD - but the same Bible said in John 10:30 "I and my father are one."

Use your discretion and avoid him like a plague.
SO GOD TOLD YOU TO WORSHIP HIM ALONE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND EQUALLY INSTRUCTED YOU TO WORSHIP THREE IN ONE god IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ABIgrin

CONFUSED GENERATIONsad
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Poseidon000: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2020
IJOBA2:
SO GOD TOLD YOU TO WORSHIP HIM ALONE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND EQUALLY INSTRUCTED YOU TO WORSHIP THREE IN ONE god IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ABIgrin

CONFUSED GENERATIONsad
Ok, can you now evaporate from my 'mention.'

Thanks
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Wasn't Perfect: 'Uncontested Champions Of Fake News'
Robert Jeffress says Lemon's comments are 'heretical' and show how 'tone-deaf the left is to faith issues'
Caleb ParkeBy Caleb Parke | Fox News
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11897013_capturepastorslamsdonlemon_jpeg5f2026984252b8c5b6f758d745845c30
CNN's Don Lemon scolds Terry Crews, says Black Lives Matter is about police brutality, not Black-on-Black violence
CNN host Don Lemon explains to actor Terry Crews what Black Lives Matter is about.

CNN anchor Don Lemon made the claim that Jesus Christ was "not perfect," which Pastor Robert Jeffress said "makes him and his network the uncontested champions of Fake News."

"Jesus Christ, if that's who you believe in, Jesus Christ, admittedly was not perfect when he was here on this earth," Lemon told his colleague Chris Cuomo during "CNN Tonight with Don Lemon" on Monday. "So why are we deifying the founders of this country, many of whom owned slaves?"

PASTOR ROBERT JEFFRESS ADDRESSES ‘ONLY CURE’ TO RACISM AND LAWLESSNESS IN AMERICA

The clip was widely shared on social media.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11897014_capturepastorslamsdonlemon1_pngcf9d6a5d26e4aad6daf797dbed15972a

"Don Lemon's comments are, first of all, heretical," Jeffress, the pastor of 14,000-member First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas, told Fox News, "and it contradicts the most basic tenet of the Christian faith and demonstrates how tone-deaf the left is to faith issues."

CNN'S DON LEMON DEFENDS REMOVAL OF STATUES: PEOPLE WERE TAUGHT 'PROPAGANDA' ABOUT AMERICAN HISTORY

"Our founding fathers, like all of us, were imperfect human beings," Jeffress added, "but Jesus Christ was different than any other man that lived, and as the founder of our faith, he had to be perfect."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11897015_capturepastorslamsdonlemon2_jpeg5b6d3a1e276238bc45f998886c1c1591

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

MRCTV says, "this isn't the first time that CNN has aired anti-religious rhetoric," pointing to what Cuomo told his viewers at the end of last week.

"If you believe in one another and if you do the right thing for yourself and your community, things will get better in this country. You don't need help from above," he said at the conclusion of Friday's show. "It's within us."

Last month, far-left activist Shaun King called for all images depicting Jesus as a "White European" to be torn down because they're a form of "White supremacy" and "racist propaganda."

Source

Don Lemon and his CNN qualifies as very fake news. cheesy

1 Share

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by orunto27: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
IJOBA2:

Don Lemon is a Mafia, Anti Christ and a Democrat.
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Unnerve: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
There's something odd about Don Lemon anytime I watch him, can't quite put my fingers on it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Unnerve:

There's something odd about Don Lemon anytime I watch him, can't quite put my fingers on it.

He is a Democrat, that's what's odd about him. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by Unnerve: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

He is a Democrat, that's what's odd about him. cheesy
Hahaha, yea despite that.

He always looks like he has something stuck up his arse
Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
Unnerve:

Hahaha, yea despite that.

He always looks like he has something stuck up his arse

Good observation. cheesy

Re: Pastor Slams CNN, Don Lemon For Claiming Jesus Was Not Perfect by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
IJOBA2:

Who is Jesus? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Confirms Vice President Resignation / If Trump Goes, The NWO Succeeds And You Either End Up Dead Or A Slave / The First Black American On A US Banknote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.