Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

"Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" (7820 Views)

Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. / The Believer’s Attitude Towards Calamities / Repent Before It Is Too Late, Death Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by Lukgaf(m): 5:46am On Jul 10, 2020
"Death is not the end of joy, it is the beginning of everlasting enjoyment – Jannah."

‘Amr bin ‘Aas (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “Death is the gift of a believer.” (Tabraani – Majma‘uz Zawaaid #3940)

When the lockdown commenced, there were many people who were stranded in foreign countries. Their governments may have attempted repatriation efforts, but they were unsuccessful and these people were unable to return home. Similarly, there were many workers aboard cruise ships who were stuck aboard the vessels, unable to return to their homes.

For all these people, being stranded, far from home, with no prospect of a swift return, was difficult to bear. They felt homesick, and despite being in a foreign place, which may normally be exciting and stimulating, they were pining for home. Eventually, on returning to their homes, they all expressed immense joy and delight, and all testified that “there is no place like home”.

In one hadeeth, Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) has explained that this world is a prison for a believer. (Saheeh Muslim #7417) One reason is that his existence in this world is holding him back and preventing him from going to his real abode and true home – Paradise. In other words, his life in this world is like a lockdown. Hence, if he has true Imaan, he will perceive it as such and will pine for the day when he can be released from this world and ‘repatriated’ to Jannah.

Such a believer will ensure that he strives for Jannah and prepares himself for this final journey. He will ensure that his accounts with Allah Ta’ala (e.g. his salaah, fasting, etc.) as well as the people (paying debts, asking forgiveness, etc.) are in the clear. Thus, when the day of his death arrives, it will be a joyous one, as he will view death as the gift which will deliver him from the misery, anguish and heartache of this deceptive world to the eternal bliss of Jannah.

On the contrary, when we begin to view this world as being our ultimate abode, then we will begin to resent and dislike death. Then, instead of making every effort to prepare for our inevitable death, we will do everything possible to cling onto life while neglecting to prepare for death.

Remember, death is not the end of joy, it is the beginning of everlasting enjoyment – Jannah.

https://jamiat.org.za/a-gift-in-disguise/

13 Likes

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by Kherdija(f): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2020
Jazakallahu khairan.May Allah subhanahu wata'ala make the end of our lives the best part of our lives,our best deeds my last ones make the best of days the day in which we meet you.Ameen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by ModestGal(f): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2020
Hmmn
Thanks
Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by money121(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by Chizmickey(m): 9:23am On Jul 10, 2020
This people has started again o

22 Likes

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by okeyumez(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2020
hmmmm. Odikwa egwu ooo

9 Likes

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by Banjoramos(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2020
JazaakumulLahu khayran

1 Like

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by hikmojj(m): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2020
JazakaLLAHU khayran for this wonderful piece

1 Like

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by Jabioro: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2020
And what is the gift of unbelievers...

4 Likes

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by marvin906(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2020
you don't say...
i swear you guys can give clowns a run for their money...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by Austeeenxx: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2020
Alhamdullah, I can't wait to get my own fair share of virgins.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by doffman: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2020
marvin906:

yes
i will start doing good...
please give me a b.omb let me start my journey of 7 v.irgins
It pains you.
Meanwhile, have you paid your hard working earning to your pastor this month?

1 Like

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by doffman: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2020
Willdone5406:
doing good by killing you fellow humans all in the name of marrying 7 virgins and fighting holy war abi
Mumu !
Is that what you term good deed ? Then you and Boko boys are the same .

2 Likes

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by IslamVIRGINS(f): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2020
Quran 19:71 There will be no one of you (Muslims) who will not enter it (Hell). This was an inevitable decree of your Lord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Death Is The Gift Of The Believer" by ThatFairGuy1: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2020
Jabioro:
And what is the gift of unbelievers...
Hot blazing hell fire

IslamVIRGINS:
Quran 19:71 There will be no one of you (Muslims) who will not enter it (Hell). This was an inevitable decree of your Lord.
Though we know your motive but we won't still leave you to wallow in ignorance as usual. check

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Stressful Is Your Work? / Did Muhammed Curse Muslims ? / The Message Of The Prophets--mohammad, Jesus, The Rest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.