Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust (1653 Views)

Nigerian Says He Saw 'Allah' Inscribed On Piece Of Meat He Bought At Restaurant / Breaking: New Nigeria Passport Has Herdsmen Inscribed In It – Apostle Suleiman A / Supreme Court Rejects Atheists’ Case To Remove “In God We Trust” From Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

You are a stupid dunce. I never said you said it but you cooked it up so you can have something to nag about. Dummy.
See your lie here so that you can argue with it.

LordReed:

Bwahahahaha! You that thought it was part of the foundation of the US, you are now forming history buff. Why can't you be honest with yourself at least, why lie so vigorously to yourself.
Such an unrepentant liar otherwise you show me where I thought it. Liar!
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

See your lie here so that you can argue with it.

Such an unrepentant liar otherwise you show me where I thought it. Liar!

You are so stupid I think you failed English comprehension in primary school. Did I write "you said" anywhere in what you quoted? Dundi.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

You are so stupid I think you failed English comprehension in primary school. Did I write "you said" anywhere in what you quoted? Dundi.
It's obvious you're in your full abuse mode so you can call me whatever you like, it doesn't change the fact that you lied. You said that I lied 'so vigorously!" I said you lied and showed you the proof of it, yet you're still denying it? Show me where I lied "so vigorously" otherwise you'd justify my calling you a liar.

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Heathen777:

Many 1st world nations are doing far better than the US (Germany, Canada, Sweden, Japan, etc), despite becoming far more irreligious. If your statement has any validity, then why aren't they worse off than the US for "abandoning god".

Doing better in what sense? You can't just say they're doing better than the US without specifically stating the area, because there are different parameters to measure that. Is it economically? The US is number 1. Is it in terms of military capacity and might? The US is still number 1. These two make up the most important basis to measure a nation, every other is secondary to that. That's what makes the US to be the most powerful and influential nation on Earth which is what it actually means to be number 1. So you are wrong.

Heathen777:
"the US ought to be the most prepared to contain the virus". Far from it. They have one of the least effective health care systems in the developed world. Trump disbanded the NSC pandemic response unit, that Obama set up, months before COVID 19. The Trump administration ignored warning from Intel about the threat of the virus back in 2019. They refused testing kit from the UN, the one they manufactured was faulty, and by the time they got functional ones, cases had spiraled out of control. They were very lenient on lockdowns and barely enforced them, till things got extremely worse. They also lagged behind the rest of the developed world in contact tracing. They ignored warnings from the expert and told the states to re-open quickly after the brief lockdown. I could go on.....And now they still haven't managed to end their first wave, being 2% of the world's population they have 25% of all confirmed cases.

I don't think you know enough about the US or world history to even make a decent argument on anything regarding them.

Maybe you should Google up which nation is ranked as the most prepared nation to handle such a pandemic before you start speaking from a biased point of view. I have left a link and also a screen shot for you to see that you have no clue on what you're talking about, and that I was right to say they ought to be most prepared for such. If so, by what I means I would ask? Is it not science? Yet it's "in God we trust' instead of science which you trust in. That said, using the present day US as an illustration is besides the point as far as it concerns this topic, since the inscription wasn't put today but many years ago. However I just obliged you to show you that even at that you still got it wrong. So much so for someone who thinks he knows enough about the US history and I don't. One more thing, to include Germany among the irreligious nations stinks of desperation.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/these-are-the-countries-best-prepared-for-health-emergencies/

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
It's obvious you're in your full abuse mode so you can call me whatever you like, it doesn't change the fact that you lied. You said that I lied 'so vigorously!" I said you lied and showed you the proof of it, yet you're still denying it? Show me where I lied "so vigorously" otherwise you'd justify my calling you a liar.

Boohoo, here come the crocodile tears. Dumbasses like you start with the insults then cry when it gets hot. Dumbo don't start insults if you don't want insults.

Look at this dishonest focktard trying to change the game. You lied that I said you said in god we trust was part of US foundation, now that you see your lie has been glaringly outed you want to shift to another thing. Read what I wrote again maybe the primary school English comprehension you failed will find a toehold in your dumb head.

LordReed:

Bwahahahaha! You that thought it was part of the foundation of the US, you are now forming history buff. Why can't you be honest with yourself at least, why lie so vigorously to yourself.

Focktard.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

Boohoo, here come the crocodile tears. Dumbasses like you start with the insults then cry when it gets hot. Dumbo don't start insults if you don't want insults.

Look at this dishonest focktard trying to change the game. You lied that I said you said in god we trust was part of US foundation, now that you see your lie has been glaringly outed you want to shift to another thing. Read what I wrote again maybe the primary school English comprehension you failed will find a toehold in your dumb head.

Focktard.
Lol! Cry crocodile tears, when you're the one sounding like someone who's lost the plot? If that massages your ego, then believe such a foolish lie. Really feel pity for you because you think I can't do the insults but you lack knowledge if you really think you do. Liar! Liar!! Liar!!! Trying to use English comprehension to justify your lies in futily. Not be surprised if you passed yours by lying.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Bacteriologist(m): 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
Truth is that the founders of America were people tha believed in God(yahweh) and practised what was very close to true christianity. The constitution of the country would show you tenets of Christianity which are love, equality, charity, freedom, human rights etc. Their foudation was on God. Forget what is called christianity in today's nigeria or Africa tailored towards scamming folks and destroying productive capacity of individuals by giving them fake hopes of miracle prosperity. Fake version of christianity over here emboldens atheists. True Christianity is not averse to Science and God does not disapprove of science. The book of Luke in de bible was written by a greek medical doctor who accompanied paul in his missionary journeys and was their group's physician. In attempt to scam people over here, some preachers downplay science and harp more on miracles in order to make people believe in them. But the American founders focused on science as wisdom that God has given man to solve his problems. However in life, with time things begin to wane. Just like after a man's death the children begin to drift away from his footprints and style, some of today's americans are gradually drawing away from the ways of their founding fathers. That is life anyway.

The tenets of Christianity are not love, equality, charity, freedom or human rights. Please don't straw man me.

The US Constitution as laid down by the "perfect founding fathers" was pro-slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment (THIRTEENTH) to the United States Constitution abolished slavery and involuntary servitude. That alone blows your entire argument out of the water.

A religion that asks women to shut up and are not worthy to air their own opinions in the church has nothing to do with equality.

A religion that endorses slavery in its very early (supposedly more pristine stages) has nothing to do with freedom, love or charity.

Again, please don't straw man me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Lol! Cry crocodile tears, when you're the one sounding like someone who's lost the plot? If that massages your ego, then believe such a foolish lie. Really feel pity for you because you think I can't do the insults but you lack knowledge if you really think you do. Liar! Liar!! Liar!!! Trying to use English comprehension to justify your lies in futily. Not be surprised if you passed yours by lying.

Fùcktard you are just a dummy who doesn't comprehend primary school English.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2020
LordReed:

Fùcktard you are just a dummy who doesn't comprehend primary school English.
Liar that would say lie and see korokoro that he said lie but still try to use comprehension to deny the lie. It seems you are not just a liar but also blind. That's why you can't see your vivid lie even when bolded. You can show what you said to a primary school pupil and see if they don't see the lie that you can't see.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Heathen777(m): 2:35am On Jul 12, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

Doing better in what sense? You can't just say they're doing better than the US without specifically stating the area, because there are different parameters to measure that. Is it economically? The US is number 1. Is it in terms of military capacity and might? The US is still number 1. These two make up the most important basis to measure a nation, every other is secondary to that. That's what makes the US to be the most powerful and influential nation on Earth which is what it actually means to be number 1. So you are wrong.

Being a superpower doesn't mean your nation is the best, it just means you are a superpower. You can easily rank countries together on google and compare the US to most other 1st world nation, they lag behind on issues regarding standard of living, gun violence, crime, incarceration rates, wealth inequality, and a lot more.

BackllGodNaija:

Maybe you should Google up which nation is ranked as the most prepared nation to handle such a pandemic before you start speaking from a biased point of view. I have left a link and also a screen shot for you to see that you have no clue on what you're talking about, and that I was right to say they ought to be most prepared for such. If so, by what I means I would ask? Is it not science? Yet it's "in God we trust' instead of science which you trust in. That said, using the present day US as an illustration is besides the point as far as it concerns this topic, since the inscription wasn't put today but many years ago. However I just obliged you to show you that even at that you still got it wrong. So much so for someone who thinks he knows enough about the US history and I don't. One more thing, to include Germany among the irreligious nations stinks of desperation.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/these-are-the-countries-best-prepared-for-health-emergencies/

A study is only validated based on its prediction. While its easy to claim knowledge of something in hindsight, there were definitely missed factors/ bias/error in their approach by listing the top two as the UK and the US, given their overall poor performance at managing this pandemic.

They also apparently failed to consider the administration. There is an apparent (and expected) trend that Nations with leaders who disregarded pandemic preparedness and were complacent suffered worse. The US was an obvious example of this. A nation with an inefficient healthcare system for a 1st world nation, has a leader that disbanded a pandemic response unit, is anti-science, conflicts with scientists, and going against their advice shouldn't be placed at no.1. Its common sense.

Germany is a lot more irreligious than the US, irreligion is prevalent. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Germany

2 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
Truth is that the founders of America were people tha believed in God(yahweh) and practised what was very close to true christianity. The constitution of the country would show you tenets of Christianity which are love, equality, charity, freedom, human rights etc. Their foudation was on God. Forget what is called christianity in today's nigeria or Africa tailored towards scamming folks and destroying productive capacity of individuals by giving them fake hopes of miracle prosperity. Fake version of christianity over here emboldens atheists. True Christianity is not averse to Science and God does not disapprove of science. The book of Luke in de bible was written by a greek medical doctor who accompanied paul in his missionary journeys and was their group's physician. In attempt to scam people over here, some preachers downplay science and harp more on miracles in order to make people believe in them. But the American founders focused on science as wisdom that God has given man to solve his problems. However in life, with time things begin to wane. Just like after a man's death the children begin to drift away from his footprints and style, some of today's americans are gradually drawing away from the ways of their founding fathers. That is life anyway.
This is true talk. Weldone. They are desperately opposed to the truth even though it is very glaring. But thank God that they can't change the truth regardless of how they deny it.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xmuslim:
Rule number 1: Do not argue with a fool grin. He will always be right in his closed mind. He just want to proof his imaginary Yahweh by all means
How ironic that this is actually coming a foolish mind and being liked by fools? Foolish minds.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Xmuslim: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xmuslim:
Rule number 1: Do not argue with a fool grin. He will always be right in his closed mind. He just want to proof his imaginary Yahweh by all means

Rule number 2: If you must reply a closed minded fellow (fool). Just tell him he's right grin.

2 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Xmuslim: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
How ironic that this is actually coming a foolish mind and being liked by fools? Foolish minds.
you are right grin

2 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by shekauvsbuhari: 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
Bacteriologist:

The tenets of Christianity are not love, equality, charity, freedom or human rights. Please don't straw man me.

The US Constitution as laid down by the "perfect founding fathers" was pro-slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment (THIRTEENTH) to the United States Constitution abolished slavery and involuntary servitude. That alone blows your entire argument out of the water.

A religion that asks women to shut up and are not worthy to air their own opinions in the church has nothing to do with equality.

A religion that endorses slavery in its very early (supposedly more pristine stages) has nothing to do with freedom, love or charity.

Again, please don't straw man me.
man, right from ancient times slavery was allowed as part of culture but not in de way de colonial masters did it. Slavery was a culture of those days but was abolished as society evolved. You also should not confuse Judaism with christianity. Christianity freed people from the shackles of Judaism. Christianity started from the time of christ and de reason he had issues with the establishment of His time was because he came as a reformer that free people from their control and subjugation. From your write-up, you are ignorant of the teachings of Christ and his brush with the establishment in his efforts to liberate people in His time.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Buliwyf: 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
man, right from ancient times slavery was allowed as part of culture but not in de way de colonial masters did it. Slavery was a culture of those days but was abolished as society evolved. You also should not confuse Judaism with christianity. Christianity freed people from the shackles of Judaism. Christianity started from the time of christ and de reason he had issues with the establishment of His time was because he came as a reformer that free people from their control and subjugation. From your write-up, you are ignorant of the teachings of Christ and his brush with the establishment in his efforts to liberate people in His time.

What is this? Even the bible supports slavery. It encourages slaves to obey their master but never encouraged the masters to abolish slavery. That's Paul, the quintessential Christ apostle. So you haven't said anything or rebutted the assertion you quoted. Trying to point fingers at Judaism is a failed endeavour.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
Words Of Wisdom (For The Wise Only): When a fool tells you, you're right, he means you're wrong. Fools are liars and deceivers, because they are the children of the devil the chief deceiver and father of lies.

So their right means wrong, Yes means No, truth means lies, knowledge means ignorance...if they call you a fool it means you're wise because they are the foolish ones. So do not be deceived by fools.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xmuslim:
you are right grin
YOU'RE A LIAR!!!
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by shekauvsbuhari: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Buliwyf:

What is this? Even the bible supports slavery. It encourages slaves to obey their master but never encouraged the masters to abolish slavery. That's Paul, the quintessential Christ apostle. So you haven't said anything or rebutted the assertion you quoted. Trying to point fingers at Judaism is a failed endeavour.
A slave, a servant an apprentice. Related, similar but different. I wrote that slavery was practiced in de bible times but different from de version of slavery europe and america practised in africa. Even an apprentice was refered to as slave in jewry. A hired servant engaged to a master for a fee either by the parents or de person himself was refered to as slave too.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
A slave, a servant an apprentice. Related, similar but different. I wrote that slavery was practiced in de bible times but different from de version of slavery europe and america practised in africa. Even an apprentice was refered to as slave in jewry. A hired servant engaged to a master for a fee either by the parents or de person himself was refered to as slave too.

That is not correct. The Israelites were told to buy slaves and to own them and their offspring for life, that is not indentured servitude. Even indentured servants could be converted to full time slaves.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Buliwyf: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:

Lol. Let me clear. You are boldly trying to claim that the act of using people for work without paying them, the acts of buying captured and conquered foreigners only for servitude wasn't practiced in the bible?

Are you actually trying to make this claim with a straight face?
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Heathen777(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:

You're wrong, the slavery referred to in the bible also involved owning people as property for life.

Leviticus 25:44-50
King James Version
44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

There were verses regarding freeing slaves, but this was only a privilege to the their own people.

Exodus 21:1-2
King James Version
1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.
2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

If you read your bible carefully and honestly, it would be impossible to deny that it permitted slavery.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
Two cents 1864 version.

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2020
1 dollar 1878 version(Morgan dollar)

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by festwiz(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Wow! So this is a prophet of Yahweh? No wonder the forebearers were sheep herders.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2020
festwiz:
Wow! So this is a prophet of Yahweh? No wonder the forebearers were sheep herders.

Daniel 1:4, 6, 17, 19-20 (KJV) Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.
Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2020

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by ymstar(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2020
Is alright
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by jesusjnreloaded(m): 10:00am On Aug 10, 2020
Why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Christians Shouldn't Settle For Anything Less Than Spiritual Perfection / Questions And Answers On Philippians(rsv) / Dihya Ibn Khalifa Al-kalbi, One Of The Companions Of Muhammad Is Angel Jibreel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.