Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

I Suspended Oshiomole For Failing To Pay My Pension- Oshawo, APC Ward Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Suspended Oshiomole For Failing To Pay My Pension- Oshawo, APC Ward Chairman (363 Views)

Amaechi: 'I Am Not Aware That I Suspended Hadiza Bala Usman' / Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Suspended Oshiomole For Failing To Pay My Pension- Oshawo, APC Ward Chairman by maupe: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2020
By Wale Akinola
Lagos, Nigeria
- The chairman of APC in Oshiomhole's ward, Stephen Oshawo, has explained why the ex-governor of Edo state was suspended
- Oshiomhole was suspended in November 2019, over alleged anti-party activities
- Oshawo said he was unfairly treated, despite being a chairman during Oshiomhole’s tenure as governor of the state

Some weeks after the dissolution National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the ward 10 chairman of the party in the Etsako West local government area of Edo state, Stephen Oshawo, has explained why he suspended the former national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.

Premium Times reports that Oshiomhole was controversially suspended by his ward in Edo state in November 2019, for alleged anti-party activities.

Legit.ng gathered that the decision was upheld by different courts and contributed to the crisis that rocked the party before the final dissolution of the NWC at the party’s emergency National Executive Council (NEC) meeting presided by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Oshawo, at an award ceremony in Benin City, the capital of Edo state, on Thursday, July 9, lamented how he was unfairly treated despite being a chairman during Oshiomhole’s rule as governor of the state.

The former national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole. Credit: Twitter/Adams Oshiomhole.
He said the former governor did not pay his pensions for eight months when he was governor of the state, adding that the condition was reversed in a month after Godwin Obaseki assumed office as a state governor.

“You know, this government (Obaseki’s government) believes in development and the masses. The truth is that, when the former government (Oshiomhole) was in power as the governor of the state, I was an insider, I was the chairman of ward 10. I suffered many things and nobody knew me or recognised me.

“As a chairman to the governor of the state, I couldn’t receive my gratuity as a pensioner and as a chairman to Oshiomhole when he was still the governor of the state, I was not able to get my pension for eight months, but when Godwin Obaseki came in, it didn’t take him up to a month, he paid my gratuity and not only me but all the pensioners in Edo state.

This Day also noted that Oshawo who denied facing any threat from his home, further stated: “I just came back from home yesterday because of this award. I have been at home for more than a week now. When comrade Goodluck called me yesterday to say this was going to happen in Benin, that is why I came and if not, I would have been at home by now. Nobody drove me from my home. I stayed in my home, I worked in my home.”

“I believe in God and I don’t know if anybody is threatening me but the pressure is political. I don’t have any personal pressure from any quarters but I don’t know my enemies and I don’t know if somebody is planning. You know when David killed Goliath, people were singing that David killed 10,000 while Saul killed 1,000," he said.

https://www.legit.ng/1346405-apc-crisis-this-i-suspended-oshiomhole---edo-apc-ward-chairman-reveals.html

Re: I Suspended Oshiomole For Failing To Pay My Pension- Oshawo, APC Ward Chairman by ThiagoKid(m): 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
Edo and ugliness are like 5&6
How will slawormir look like bayii
Re: I Suspended Oshiomole For Failing To Pay My Pension- Oshawo, APC Ward Chairman by ThiagoKid(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Edo and ugliness are like 5&6 How will slawormir look like bayii
Especially dia politicians
Re: I Suspended Oshiomole For Failing To Pay My Pension- Oshawo, APC Ward Chairman by Mynd44: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2020

(1)

Disqualify Ondo D-gov For Manipulating Delegates’ List,pdp Leaders Tell Secondus / 16-year-old Nigerian To Become First Student To Build A Nuclear Energy Fusor / Why I Left PDP For APC - Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.