Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole (37150 Views)

Amaechi: 'I Am Not Aware That I Suspended Hadiza Bala Usman' / Adams Oshiomhole Lands In Benin Airport, Received By Supporters (Photos) / Adams Oshiomhole Resumes Office As APC Chairman. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:08am On Jul 10, 2020
Peter David, Benin City

The Ward 10 Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in the Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State, Mr Stephen Oshawo, on Thursday, explained why he suspended the former national chairman of the party, Mr Adams Oshiomhole.

He said Oshiomhole did not pay his pensions for eight months when he was governor of the state, adding that the pension backlog did not take Governor Godwin Obaseki one month to pay when he (Obaseki) assumed office.

He said this in Benin City, the state capital, when he received an award for good governance as an outstanding political icon of the year from the Chief Executive Officer of Mega House Entertainment, Goodluck Ogbeide.

He said, “I am very happy for the award. This award means a lot to me. It means that I should continue to do what I have done that warranted this award because I believe in truth, transparency, and also eliminating godfatherism.

“You know, this government believes in development and the masses. The truth is that, when the former government (Oshiomhole) was in power as the governor of the state, I was an insider, I was the chairman of Ward 10. I suffered many things and nobody knew me or recognised me.

“As a chairman to the governor of the state, I couldn’t receive my gratuity as a pensioner and as a chairman to Oshiomhole when he was still the governor of the state, I was not able to get my pension for eight months, but when Godwin Obaseki came in, it didn’t take him up to a month, he paid my gratuity and not only me but all the pensioners in Edo State.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-suspended-oshiomhole-edo-apc-ward-chair/

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:08am On Jul 10, 2020
Chei, God no go shame us . cheesy

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by macolino(m): 4:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Oshiomhole is now a history in Politics..

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by clarocuzioo(m): 4:37am On Jul 10, 2020
So na this man send Oshiomhole into political Oblivion?

Chaii!! Truely Edo is not Lagos.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 10, 2020
Naija politics....Just find a reason to deal with your adversary.

If the immediate past Head of Service did not expose that Buhari, Malami and Abba Kyari knew about the recall and promotion of pension fraud suspect, Abdulrashid Maina, she might not have been sacked.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Amotolongbo(f): 5:00am On Jul 10, 2020
In short, everyone is just using his power

Oshiomhole used his power not to pay the pension and gratuity for 8 months
Obaseki used his own power to pay the gratuity within a month
Mr Ward Chairman used his own power to suspend Oshiomhole.

Power is indeed transient. Use it well when you have it, it will surely shift base one day

299 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by dalongjnr: 5:00am On Jul 10, 2020
Politics of bitterness. That's no reason 'cos u are not the only person affected.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 10, 2020
Osho, see your life. Na small shit dey spoil nyash.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:01am On Jul 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
In short, everyone is just using his power

Oshiomhole used his power not to pay the pension and gratuity for 8years
Obaseki used his own power to pay the gratuity and pension within a month
Mr Chairman used his own power to remove Oshiomhole.

Power is indeed transient. Use it well when you have it, it will surely shift base one day

Oshiomhole and Tinubu are the biggest loser in this power play

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Amotolongbo(f): 5:03am On Jul 10, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Oshiomhole and Tinubu are the biggest loser in this power play
says who?

The game is not yet over.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:07am On Jul 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
says who?

The game is not yet over.
Even tinubu cannot confidently say this with the way Buhari is uprooting his men from key positions

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Sweeetheart(m): 5:14am On Jul 10, 2020
all Nigeria politicians are all shameless. they've given you award for sabotaging your ward man and you're justifying the stupidity

this clown is obviously on Obaseki's side even though I like how Oshiomole is been checkmated but I won't deny the fact that Obaseki too is just like other politicians

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:16am On Jul 10, 2020
Sweeetheart:
all Nigeria politicians are all shameless. they've given you award for sabotaging your ward man and you're justifying the stupidity

this clown is obviously on Obaseki's side
even though I like how Oshiomole is been checkmated but I won't dent the fact that Obaseki too is not like other politicians

You won't say the bolded If Na your papa dem owe pension for 8 months .

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Judeerons32: 5:18am On Jul 10, 2020
For peanuts he has colluded with outsiders to deprive his own people the highest political position in Nigeria. I hope he is happy. Estako and indeed Edo sons and daughters who would have continued to be placed in positions of national reckoning can ask Oshawo if the 8months pension was worth it. For Obaseki he seems to have lost strategy. The only strategy seemed to be Oshiomhole was oppressing him then appeal to sympathy. Now that it seems he alone has the power he seems to have lost voice bcoz now he has to run on achievements.
No wonder he is facing ganduje.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by DLuciano: 5:20am On Jul 10, 2020
dalongjnr:
Politics of bitterness. That's no reason 'cos u are not the only person affected.
But the headline is a diversion from the story if well read. The ward chairman never said that was the reason Osho was suspended, but trying to reveal the bad governance and irresponsible attitude of Oshomole to the people of Edo State as compared to Obaseki's good governance. Journalists with their misinterpretation sha!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by leo047: 5:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Apc and pdp are the same

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Helpfromabove1(m): 5:21am On Jul 10, 2020
all this man is saying is all about self self self , he did not pay my pension , i received award ..........

when are we going to do away with self-centered politic and politician

but the real truth why he remove him is because he was paid and intimidated to do so , very soon we will know the outcome of all the saga and the true reward your action will give birth to , may i let you know that you have brought a lot of attention to the position of ward chairman especially if a political weight in the party is in that ward , and also note that your ward as lost the chance of having the APC chairman from your ward and any political big weight in your ward or emerging from your ward will come after you.

enjoy ur political game MR pension ward chairman

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Lincoln275(m): 5:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by aremuforlife(m): 5:23am On Jul 10, 2020
The ward chairman just nailed himself and display where is loyalty stands, he suspends the national chairman of a party because of his personal issue, he never said pensioners but his pension. He has set the legacy, the ward chairman of the president can be bought by the opponent.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by radna2: 5:24am On Jul 10, 2020
It is to your own gain. Everything revolving around one thing in politics - "inside my belle".
All of una na thief. Na me talk am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Sambjnewspaper(m): 5:24am On Jul 10, 2020
Nigeria Politic no balance at all.

Meanwhile kindly Dm for your CAC Newspaper NGOs publications/ Name change e.t.c.

What's app.or call .... +23480- 6272- 0984

https://www.nairaland.com/2848768/cost-newspaper-publication-new-ngo/2

fast and Reliable...

Sam....
Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by MrImole: 5:25am On Jul 10, 2020
Enjoy your fame while it lasts...

Obaseki is returning though...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 10, 2020
He was paid off grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by Mrsegz: 5:28am On Jul 10, 2020
This headline is sensational.
Nothing in here depicts the man giving a reason for the suspension. He was only narrating his experience during Oshos time as Governor.
Some are already jumping on the headline with ignorant responses.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by MrImole: 5:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Irrationalpaul:
He was paid off probably

Probably?
Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by StagethemTVee: 5:29am On Jul 10, 2020
This same Oshiomole some other ward chairman will say is his/her Jesus of Bini
Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by doggedfighter(f): 5:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Arrogance and not knowing when to stop was Oshiomole's undoing.

When a man doesn't know when to stop even the weakest will win him in a fight.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by wrose(m): 5:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Please I need ur help.
My work got selected for an art contest. Help win by clicking the link and like the work. I would be so grateful if you can post this on ur whatsapp and Facebook status Thanks❣
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZUtO2DdRu/?igshid=1m9bifcvxf2oc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Oshawo: Why I Suspended Adams Oshiomhole by realstars: 5:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Osho Is Now In Political History.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matawalle Buys Cadillac, Expensive Cars For Zamfara Monarchs (photos) / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" / Obasanjo Visits Ibogun Olaogun In Ogun, The Town Where He Was Born On Boxing Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.