Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States (69469 Views)

Thousands Of International Students In Canada Face Deportation, Sparking Protes / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by michresakidjo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
then at the end ppl refer to trump as a bad president, he’s the patriotic president every country in the world clamor for and that’s why the Chinese and Russia wants him out at alll cost.
the Democrats aforeigners
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by akigbemaru: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

They will never overtake the US. What makes the US so special is that they invite the best brains in the world to work for them. And the fact that English is the lingua franca of the world, makes the US even more appealing for scientists and professionals around the world.

US is the only country where any foreigner can come in, work hard and live the American dream. Elon Musk, a South African, is now the 6th richest man in the world. This wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't moved to America.

When our doctors, nurses, scientists etc leave the country, where do they go to? Definitely not China. China believes it doesn't need global talent. It believes it can steal western technology and improve on it. On the other hand, America would go to any length to bring a foreigner abroad to work in the US. That's what makes America great.

I'm sure 80% of Nigerians would choose America if they are asked to choose to live in America or China. This goes for other countries as well. Even citizens of anti-American countries want to go to the US.

America's diversity is what makes it the greatest country in the world. Every country on Earth has a community in the US. China will no doubt make tremendous progress and probably overtake the US in terms of GDP, but it won't be forever. The US can absorb more migrants to boost its population, but China can't. When US population increases, they'll become more powerful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Ajeyo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
What position is Nigeria on the list.

Join us on our annual tour to Canada,Newzealand and U.K.

No deposit or visa fee till visa is out.

You will open a joint account with us to avoid your not paying g when visa is out.

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Pickieox(m): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=ModestGal post=91579596]The Indians also like travelling, if you see the way they force themselves to learn English and pass IELTS, some would write IELTS 20times.

They are hustlers just like Nigerians, in fact, they like to Japa more than Nigerians

But please, whenever you all go and study abroad, try to come back home and if you can't, thank God this is the time of social media, try to make impact at home. Its not compulsorily you impact by sending people money, there are several other ways. Let us see the benefit of you studying at Harvard and Oxford, don't let it be a waste. You went there to study for you to use that knowledge to help your people, we've had so many Nigerians that graduated from Harvard, Oxford and many of them are waste. The essence of Education and exposure is to learn how some people do things and bring that knowledge home to share.

These are words of wisdom from a rare breed. I clap you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by charlsecy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
9gerian:
Does it mean all those Chinese students would no longer be able to continue their studies in the US especially at Harvard?
Only if your school has adopted 100% online class.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by darfay: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
lekki1444:
His name is MATTHEW BRIGHT TIMILEHIN he is a mobile mechanic which is what ilike about him. what that guy does not know about cars is not worth knowing meaning this guy is like a car guru. he will fix anything on the spot. he is based outof the lekki area so it will be better if you are based on the island for easy access to you. here is the link where i got his contact from

https://www.nairaland.com/3620591/mobile-mechanic-lekki

Keep recommending yourself u hear
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by nastrand: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
most Nigerians studying abroad sponsor themselves or family sponsorship. the governments of those top countries give much scholarships for their students to study specific courses for certain goals. then they will return to impact the country positively
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by lekki1444: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
darfay:

Keep recommending yourself u hear
LOLZZZ THE EVER SUSPICIOUS. LOOK AT MY TOPICS TO KNOW WHO I AM
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Crispels(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
robinso01:
I believe all the aforementioned countries students still have a nice country to return to, unlike Nigeria sha

Not all of them. Many parts of India are worse than Ajegunle.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Crispels(m): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
yea they know American university is on the highest pedestal, the tip of the pyramid.

But the basis of the argument is that while Chinese go there to learn, acquire skills, knowledge, technology that will help advance their country,

Nigerians instead go there for pleasure, sleeping around, messing around, fooling around, heavy shopping and clubbing with looted task payers funds.

That is why we hardly see any difference and impact that is made by so called prestigious uni grads.

What you will be hearing is continuous looting of billions

This is actually false. Most of the Nigerians studying in the US are from average families on one scholarship or the other -, particularly in graduate schools. I know of a guy studying at Stanford and his mum is a pepper seller in Oshodi. He got a fully-funded scholarship. And that's the story of most Nigerians in American graduate schools.

Mind you, most of the recent tech innovations in Nigeria were also founded by Nigerians who studied/worked in the US. Flutterwave, Andela, Jumia, 54-Gene and many others were founded by Nigerians who studied in America.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Crispels:

This is actually false. Most of the Nigerians studying in the US are from average families on one scholarship or the other -, particularly in graduate schools. I know of a guy studying at Stanford and his mum is a pepper seller in Oshodi. He got a fully-funded scholarship. And that's the story of most Nigerians in American graduate schools.

Mind you, most of the recent tech innovations in Nigeria were also founded by Nigerians who studied/worked in the US. Flutterwave, Andela, Jumia, 54-Gene and many others were founded by Nigerians who studied in America.
a pepper seller son in Stanford is super incredible

I am not saying there are no students "studying" in the real sense of the word. But what I am trying to say is that the ones I described nearly eclipses the ones u just revealed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Crispels(m): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Witnes:

U think is what they acquired in US schools make them advancing in tech? If its so, what about those acquired by Nigerians/Africans not yielding positive result and impact on our land/continent?
The people are just good/gifted naturally with hard work and focus.

Millions of Chinese have studied in American universities since the dawn of this century. Less than 200,000 Nigerians have done the same and the issue here is most of them hardly return to Nigeria after radiation. They usually stay back to work and start a family there. Regardless, tech startups like Andela, Flutterwave, Jumia and the likes were founded by American trained Nigerians. The likes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Sowore, Akinwunmi Adeshina etc are all American trained as well.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by robinso01(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Crispels:

Not all of them. Many parts of India are worse than Ajegunle.
Make I exclude India too.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by biggy26: 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
ModestGal:
I meant chat me up through the link in my signature
grin grin Modest gal
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
Carlyboi:
A lot of people commenting are missing something bout the Chinese and to a large extent Indians especially as regards Chinese student coming to steal and plagiarize US technology and technical know-how lol,you people think it’s that easy to plagiarize and copy you’ve got to possess the required brain power to be able to successfully replicate or make better what you have stolen,learnt or copied especially when it comes to technology it is said that the Chinese and Indians possess the highest IQ among citizens of the world that means an average Chinese and Indian is more technically and academically and intellectually more gifted than their counterparts in other countries of the world...so their advancement in technology,engineering,medical sciences and information technology is not due to plagiarism alone.

And the US is a very diverse country it’s statistically the most diverse country in the world it’s an immigrant country and it was built on the strength,sweat and blood of immigrants especially black labor,asides the native Americans the Indians,the majority of people who are known as Americans(whites) today have European ancestry which is highly dominated by people with Irish,British and Scottish origin and these people are majorly the founder fathers of America alongside the Italians afterall an Italian Christopher Columbus was touted to have discovered America even tho some sources dispute it.So in Essence Americans today are people majorly with aryan,Gaulish and Celt blood,history and ancestry they moved to America afterall America was once under British rule/colonization.So what would America be without it great immigrants?Nothing!and at the end of the day it’s only the native Americans the Indians that are aboriginals to the land or the areas called the USA Today everyone else moved to America at some point,while some had their great,great great grand parents do it for them centuries ago while some moved few decades ago and some many many years ago mass migrated just like the Italians in the 1800s

So America is for everyone and trump whose grand parents were immigrants should not stop anyone from living their American dream especially Africans/blacks cos asides the Europeans we are the race who contributed the most in building the Americas especially the United States of America.

Funny you didn't get any likes and mentions with your epistle... Jibbers
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Witnes: 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
seanwilliam:
how many Nigerians dey return after studying in overseas??
Why won't they return to discharge the knowledge acquired, make it work to build the land. If we can't build our land who else will do it? ably no one, then we need to wake up to reality that we have left far backward, slaves to these people the same way our forefathers and it will continues to our children and unborn.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nukilia: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
afube:

only a twisted and tribalistic African mind could have written what that misfit wrote.They think America is nigeria that maltreats vast sections of her own citizens because they are from a different tribe.
You are smart bro!
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Carlyboi(m): 12:11am On Jul 12, 2020
Hanks0000:

Funny you didn't get any likes and mentions with your epistle... Jibbers

and who cares about that I only wanted to educate and enlighten the readers not fishing for likes...the thousands of likes I got already has it added a penny to my bank account?lol!and come to think of it dude you mentioned me is it that an irony when I don’t have any mention lol..anyways hope you got informed by my piece tho...that’s the essence I could give two fvcks bout some likes,mentions and shares grin
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 6:02am On Jul 12, 2020
ModestGal:
The Indians also like travelling, if you see the way they force themselves to learn English and pass IELTS, some would write IELTS 20times.

They are hustlers just like Nigerians, in fact, they like to Japa more than Nigerians

But please, whenever you all go and study abroad, try to come back home and if you can't, thank God this is the time of social media, try to make impact at home. Its not compulsorily you impact by sending people money, there are several other ways. Let us see the benefit of you studying at Harvard and Oxford, don't let it be a waste. You went there to study for you to use that knowledge to help your people, we've had so many Nigerians that graduated from Harvard, Oxford and many of them are waste. The essence of Education and exposure is to learn how some people do things and bring that knowledge home to share.
Its surprising that many of our proffesors that studied abroad only use it as a means of boosting their Ego alone, ''I studied at Harvard'', ''I studied at Oxford'' Who e help? The essence is to start such in your home countries where you lecture. We should have had the likes of Harvard, Oxford by now, if only they brought those knowledge home, even to treat STUDENTS as human beings is a problem for them, and they all see how they treat students in advanced countries that they studied.

Please please, we are tired of this, remember your generation would ask you where they are from and would love to connect home, many black children now search for where they are from and do ancestry DNA test, so don't think, I would JAPA and never step foot into this country, so I don't care if it rots. If it rots, your great grandchildren would be ashamed of home and their origin, don't make them suffer that emotional pains. Remember Home and contribute your part. God bless you

Check my signature and chat me up to help you boost your business/sales or to promote yourself.

So Naija still has sensible girls like this?

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Carlyboi:

and who cares about that I only wanted to educate and enlighten the readers not fishing for likes...the thousands of likes I got already has it added a penny to my bank account?lol!and come to think of it dude you mentioned me is it that an irony when I don’t have any mention lol..anyways hope you got informed by my piece tho...that’s the essence I could give two fvcks bout some likes,mentions and shares grin

That's sends a message cause your assertions are not correct...
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by chiboy441(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2020
Agugbadin:

Europe is more expensive, except eastern Europe

Sure, eastern Europe is cheaper... Place like Ukraine, Georgia, Poland also not expensive.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Carlyboi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hanks0000:

That's sends a message cause your assertions are not correct...

What assertions?
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by ochiosa(m): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nukilia:

It is sad seeing us Africans begging like peasants grin grin grin What a SHAME! Nigeria can never thrive with mindset like yours cheesy grin grin
With the mindset of our leaders we will continue to beg, what do you make of a situation where our president gives an order and people directly under his supervisions are the first to disobey it and nothing happens? You and I know we cannot change the situation hence am pleading on behalf of those that have find their way out to be allowed to complete their studies.After all the efforts Nigerians are making yet no positive progress and you expect me not to have my kind of mindset.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / Meet Stephanie Idolor That Interviewed Success, The Sapele Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.