Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,500 members, 7,770,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) (14184 Views)

Cairo Ojougboh Was A Courageous, Outspoken Personality - Ibori / Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa / Cairo Ojougboh: We Gave Indigenes N340m To Help Inspectors Identify Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Igbo6(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8958OUtijMo

The Senate ad-hoc committee investigating the N40 billion corruption allegation against the interim management committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was stunned on Thursday when an official accused unnamed members of the parliament of ‘hijacking’ the commission’s budgets over the years

In his submission, at the hearing, the acting deputy director, projects, NDDC, Cairo Ojougboh, said the budgets of the commission ”have always been hijacked by the leadership of the committee on NDCC from both chambers for their personal gain”.

He asked the National Assembly ”to let the commission function in peace.”

“The budget(s) of the NNDC from 2001 till date, has (have) always been hijacked by the two chairmen of the committee; the chairman in the house and the chairman in the Senate,” the angry official said. ”Not one kobo has been misused since the coming of the IMC.

“We want to beg the National Assembly that they should allow the people of the Niger Delta to grow. Since the inauguration of the IMC, we have not known peace. It has been one false allegation after another.

“Some contracts supplied to ‘an NDDC warehouse’ along Benin-expressway. The warehouse belongs to Peter Nwabaoshi (a senator). About 2900 emergency projects were awarded and Mr Nwabaoshi collected 1000 of them saying he will distribute them among senators and House of Representatives members. But when asked, lawmakers denied receipt. We are being accused because we are working for the region and because they want to take over the commission.

“NGOs were paid N50 billion but they (chairmen, committees of both chambers) cut it to N49 billion each. They want us out to put people they can control.”

Tense session

The Senate and House of Representatives are probing an allegation the NDDC interim committee ‘squandered’ N40 billion within three months. They also seek account for other financial transactions within this period.

At the investigative hearing on Thursday, the lawmakers grilled members of the board who appeared before the committee over alleged discrepancies in the budget submitted by the commission, the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The chairman of the committee, Olubunmi Adetunmbi, pointed out that while the commission said it spent N81.5 billion, the AGF submitted N82 billion and CBN submitted N92.2 billion between October 2019 and May 2020.

The committee sought explanations as to how other allocations in the budget were implemented. They include:

Condolences – N122 million, Consultancy – N83.3 million, N3.14 billion – COVID-19, N486 million – Duty Tour Allowance (out of which the current EIMC spent N305.3 million between February and May 2020).

Others are N1.9 billion – Lassa fever intervention spent by both IMCs, N900 million – Legal Services, N61 million – Logistics, N2.6 billion – medicals.

Defence

Although there was no tangible explanation for the differences in the budgets submitted by the commission, the AGF and CBN, the Acting Managing Director, Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei, however, said the EIMC ”inherited so much debt that needed to be cleared upon assumption of office.”

He also said allowances like duty tours were not paid to staff for years hence the need for such allocations.

He further said the NDDC has not awarded any contract apart from the COVID-19 contract awarded by the president.

“We refused to do so, so as not to add to the confusion. The major interventions for COVID-19 were medical, palliatives, publicity,” he said.

Mr Ojougboh also denied allegations that the commission sacked some of its staff.

“Anyone who has said they have been sacked or suspended let him bring the letter. We have not sacked or suspended anyone. No one is being witch-hunted. Staff on leave are receiving full salaries,” he said.

Earlier, a representative from the Office of the Accountant General, Slyvia Okolie, said the OAGF submitted the NDDC’s audit report from 2016 to May, 2020 to the committee.

He said in 2017 – N64 billion, 2018 – N71 billion, 2019 – N71 billion, January – May 2020 – N34 billion has been released to NDDC.

Quarterly releases were suspended since June pending the outcome of the investigation, he said.

The investigative hearing will continue on Friday, the chairman said. All invitees are expected to be present – including the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, who failed to show up.

This is not the first time the lawmakers would be having a faceoff with another government official over the activities of an agency or ministry.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the minister of labour, (state), Festus Keyamo, accused lawmakers of trying to manipulate a recruitment process to their advantage.

SOURCE: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/402100-nddc-budgets-hijacked-by-nigerian-lawmakers-official.html
Bad news all the time. Tufikwa
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Codes151(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
No wonder they are scared of Akpabio.
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by stanisbaratheon: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
So the lawmakers don't have names abi?? They cannot be prosecuted okwaya??
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by CsRockefeller(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
Openbusiness3:
shocked........ I have always said it that DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA IS A SCAM. A scam where less than 1% of the population control and squander the collective wealth of the remaining 99%. Honestly, if I were a military officer in the Nigeria army with say a rank like major or colonel or lieutenant general, I would have done a coup. But I'm not sad Someone needs to rescue this country from these institutionalized thieves

Low key, I pray for a military coup. That's d only thing that save Nigeria right now.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

grin Shey na until the head fall for ground before e go stop you? No let me call am to ban you again o angry angry
no be only ban, na lock down. U too dey fear. Do u see cutlass for my hand? Don't misinterpret me abeg. Off with your head means if u fuk up awa gentlelady agreement, i wee donate u to Buhari as a palliative grin
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by earnit3: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2020
really
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Openbusiness3:
no be only ban, na lock down. U too dey fear. Do u see cutlass for my hand? Don't misinterpret me abeg. Off with your head means if u fuk up awa gentlelady agreement, i wee donate u to Buhari as a palliative grin

grin grin who no go fear head cut.
Na the same thing we dey talk. Wetin be the difference between wetin I highlight in bold and you cutting off my head? cry

Oya, kukuma cut Yam angry angry
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

grin grin who no go fear head cut.
Na the same thing we dey talk. Wetin be the difference between wetin I highlight in bold and you cutting off my head? cry

Oya, kukuma cut Yam angry angry
say no more fam....... Ayam cumin.... Lemme bring my tools
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 12:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Openbusiness3:
say no more fam....... Ayam cumin.... Lemme bring my tools

wahala dey shocked no vex olopa, ezz a play I waz playing oo cry cry
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by coputa(m): 6:07am On Jul 11, 2020
Our reps at the federals are the problems of this country,they were sent there to represent the people but instead they are there to loot the collective wealth of their people.i wonder why they can't be recall by their people for poor representation.
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 6:23am On Jul 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

wahala dey shocked no vex olopa, ezz a play I waz playing oo cry cry
too late for that. Oya sit down lezz start d tin. Remove ur scarf na. Don't waste my time dis early morning ಠ_ಠ
[img]https://media1./images/b2ceb27f9a36b804e78b4ebf6418296c/tenor.gif?itemid=12014344[/img]
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2020
Nonetheless
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2020
Openbusiness3:
too late for that. Oya sit down lezz start d tin. Remove ur scarf na. Don't waste my time dis early morning ಠ_ಠ
[img]https://media1./images/b2ceb27f9a36b804e78b4ebf6418296c/tenor.gif?itemid=12014344[/img]

shocked shocked early morning cry I fear who no fear you o cry cry

Mr. Bot will ban you again o angry angry
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

shocked shocked early morning cry I fear who no fear you o cry cry

Mr. Bot will ban you again o angry angry
mtchwwwwwww. Both BOT and Ban no fit help u. Sit dan for chair lemme do my work. If u no trust me, wetin u gainnnnn grin
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 9:55am On Jul 11, 2020
Openbusiness3:
mtchwwwwwww. Both BOT and Ban no fit help u. Sit dan for chair lemme do my work. If u no trust me, wetin u gainnnnn grin

Waawwuuuu make I kuku sit down. At least if I no trust you no be sey my head go double. embarassed Oya cut Yam. cry cry
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2020
VickyRotex:

Waawwuuuu make I kuku sit down. At least if I no trust you no be sey my head go double. embarassed Oya cut Yam. cry cry
am juz cumin from Harvard training cuz of u. Sha, i don cut am finish, see as ur head fine pass diamond necklace ........... Anyway, your bill is N60m, I don't accept transfer abeg, na cash grin

[img]https://media./images/c5882e9d732e5c7ba30f345c7f9ec8cd/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
Openbusiness3:
am juz cumin from Harvard training cuz of u. Sha, i don cut am finish, see as ur head fine pass diamond necklace ........... Anyway, your bill is N60m, I don't accept transfer abeg, na cash grin

[img]https://media./images/c5882e9d732e5c7ba30f345c7f9ec8cd/tenor.gif[/img]

Ahn ahn what a buurriffuulll head cut. grin I like it. cool

60m is too expensive oo. You didn't even consider that I'm building a country for you. angry

Oya take your cash money embarassed

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
VickyRotex:

Ahn ahn what a buurriffuulll head cut. grin I like it. cool

60m is too expensive oo. You didn't even consider that I'm building a country for you. angry

Oya take your cash money embarassed
wia u see dollars shocked. Hope isnor wot am thinkin lipsrsealed
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
Openbusiness3:
wia u see dollars shocked. Hope isnor wot am thinkin lipsrsealed

shocked shocked shocked Warrrayyuu thinking
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by ican2020: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
We have 109 matured hushpuppis representing us in the Senate
These senators are all Nigeria, so, something is wrong with Nigeria that needs to be fix fast
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
VickyRotex:

shocked shocked shocked Warrrayyuu thinking
i wee tell u after u finish building my new country. Get to work abeg tongue
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
Openbusiness3:
i wee tell u after u finish building my new country. Get to work abeg tongue

Alright na. The building no easy like I imagine am but we move cry cry it wee be ready soon embarassed
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
VickyRotex:

Alright na. The building no easy like I imagine am but we move cry cry it wee be ready soon embarassed
D last time I did this to any woman was 1,000,000 years ago. Nobody muz hear bou dis, ok angry? Keep is secret lipsrsealed. No go spoil ma hard guy reputation oh. Street cred no easy to build ತ_ತ
[img]https://media1./images/ecf925cfb09cdc47c0ee2b9a27627860/tenor.gif?itemid=10195246[/img]
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
Openbusiness3:

D last time I did this to any woman was 1,000,000 years ago. Nobody muz hear bou dis, ok angry? Keep is secret lipsrsealed. No go spoil ma hard guy reputation oh. Street cred no easy to build ತ_ತ
[img]https://media1./images/ecf925cfb09cdc47c0ee2b9a27627860/tenor.gif?itemid=10195246[/img]

Ahn Ahn ossheyyy revamped Methuselah grin grin

Of course, trust me to keep the accolade secret, secret. lipsrsealed This Sshhannel is encrypted as you can see. Look around do you see any MITM? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bello Matawalle To Introduce Death Sentence For Reckless Drivers / Pius Angbo: Women Are Not Rehabilitation For Badly Raised Men — Betty Akeredolu / Ondo Farmers Jobless, Hungry After Herders Fed Their Crops To Cattle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.