Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK (54469 Views)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Leopantro: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:

This week or next week? I read 27th some where.

The visa office will open on the 27th but the doctors have already left
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Aussie2doc: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:

You can never learn when you believe anything without seeing an evidence, yes people work from home and website get updated from home as well.

1. If their papers were in order as you stated then why were they not allowed to travel?

2. The health care recruitment agent can not give them visa waiver letter as many of you here have stated..only the UKBA can give such letter( Honestly i have never heard of such letter as regards to Nigerians)

3. How can a recruitment agent charter a flight, land in Nigeria to pick up 58 Nigerians without the consent of Nigerian govt or even the immigration authority?

Punch newpaper reported and i quote : The NIS Spokesman, Sunday James, said in a statement on Friday that the doctors claimed to be going for training but had no visas

Does that make sense to you?
Now that the doctors have left, what do you have to say? Always listen to people that knows more than you about a particular situation. I've noticed you always believe you are correct on this forum. Doctors on this forum were telling you it was real, you kept saying it was not possible. It was an insult on the entire medical community for you to assume 58 doctors were scammed with a UK visa. You think UK visa is that difficult for doctors? Even if it is difficult, you think doctors don't know they will need visa before travelling or you are the only one that knows only UKBA can give the letter? Be humble guy. Being a moderator doesn't mean you know more than every other person.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2020
Leopantro:

The visa office will open on the 27th but the doctors have already left

The link never mentioned that and i did not read anywhere that those doctors have left, if i missed that then show me where it was written.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2020
Aussie2doc:
Now that the doctors have left, what do you have to say? Always listen to people that knows more than you about a particular situation. I've noticed you always believe you are correct on this forum. Doctors on this forum were telling you it was real, you kept saying it was not possible. It was an insult on the entire medical community for you to assume 58 doctors were scammed with a UK visa. You think UK visa is that difficult for doctors? Even if it is difficult, you think doctors don't know they will need visa before travelling or you are the only one that knows only UKBA can give the letter? Be humble guy. Being a moderator doesn't mean you know more than every other person.

I stand by every single thing i said regarding this issue, those doctors did not leave for the UK with visa waiver as there is nothing like that and non was created just because they doctors.

If those doctors have left then they did that with appropriate visa.

When did they leave?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Leopantro: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:

The link never mentioned that and i did not read anywhere that those doctors have left, if i missed that then show me where it was written.

Okay

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Leopantro:

Okay

Ok listen to C.G Nigeria immigration service Muhammad Babandede, this was just yesterday interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_QQHUOzkc
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2020
Leopantro:

Okay

Also listen to The present of Nigerian resident doctor's interview yesterday and hear what he said when asked about the efforts they are making to resolve the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkhSkNgMe5c
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Aussie2doc: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:

Also listen to The present of Nigerian resident doctor's interview yesterday and hear what he said when asked about the efforts they are making to resolve the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkhSkNgMe5c
How does this show that the doctors were not given visa waiver? NIGERIAN govt can stop anyone from travelling. No one is disputing that. What I am against is you saying the visa waiver was not genuine. If you notice, no one on the side of UK govt has come out to say the waiver is not genuine. Did you notice that? What our govt was saying was that they didn't communicate with the ministry of foreign affairs since the country is on lockdown. How can the president of resident doctors resolve issues that has to do with visa and international travels? The fact is this.....1) they were issued waiver genuinely 2) Ngerian govt was not happy 3) They capitalised on the lapses of lockdown and the waiver to deny them boarding. Don't you think NIS would have called UK immigration and assuming they told them not to board...won't NIS categorically state it? So who now eventually issued the visa for them to go when the embassy is not yet open. Any govt can stop anyone from travelling....I am.not disputing that. However, saying they were scammed or it wasn't genuine is what we are talking about here.
NB....if you must know, they have left but they were told to keep it secret so that the media noise can just disappear naturally.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
Aussie2doc:
How does this show that the doctors were not given visa waiver? NIGERIAN govt can stop anyone from travelling. No one is disputing that. What I am against is you saying the visa waiver was not genuine. If you notice, no one on the side of UK govt has come out to say the waiver is not genuine. Did you notice that? What our govt was saying was that they didn't communicate with the ministry of foreign affairs since the country is on lockdown. How can the president of resident doctors resolve issues that has to do with visa and international travels? The fact is this.....1) they were issued waiver genuinely 2) Ngerian govt was not happy 3) They capitalised on the lapses of lockdown and the waiver to deny them boarding. Don't you think NIS would have called UK immigration and assuming they told them not to board...won't NIS categorically state it? So who now eventually issued the visa for them to go when the embassy is not yet open. Any govt can stop anyone from travelling....I am.not disputing that. However, saying they were scammed or it wasn't genuine is what we are talking about here.
NB....if you must know, they have left but they were told to keep it secret so that the media noise can just disappear naturally.

I can only believe that when i hear it from govt official either from Nigerian govt, immigration or from the UK side.

Now to your comments, the president of Nigerian resident doctors said they are trying to sort out the issue from Nigerian immigration as of yesterday and you are telling me that they have left already and was asked to keep it secret?

1. There is no evidence as you claimed that Nigerian govt was not happy that those doctors were leaving( this is your opinion but not fact)

2. There is no evidence that those doctors were issued genuine paper to travel to the UK as confirmed by the Nigerian immigration service. And those doctors claimed to be traveling for training which Nigerian health ministry could not confirm when contacted.

Listen, many many Nigerian doctors have traveled to the UK to work and the process is simple, i have never come across this amount of confused and level of misinformation before.

Listen to C.G of Nigerian immigration service because he is making a lot of sense.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Aussie2doc: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

I can only believe that when i hear it from govt official either from Nigerian govt, immigration or from the UK side.

Now to your comments, the president of Nigerian resident doctors said they are trying to sort out the issue from Nigerian immigration as of yesterday and you are telling me that they have left already and was asked to keep it secret?

1. There is no evidence as you claimed that Nigerian govt was not happy that those doctors were leaving( this is your opinion but not fact)

2. There is no evidence that those doctors were issued genuine paper to travel to the UK as confirmed by the Nigerian immigration service. And those doctors claimed to be traveling for training which Nigerian health ministry could not confirm when contacted.

Listen, many many Nigerian doctors have traveled to the UK to work and the process is simple, i have never come across this amount of confused and level of misinformation before.

Listen to C.G of Nigerian immigration service because he is making a lot of sense.
just one question....if you don't have visa or waiver...what is there to even sort out in the first instance? So you mean if I decide to travel to America tommorrow without visa and they don't allow me to board, my organisation will be working it out with immigration. Is that even news worthy? Does that make sense? If there was no waiver, they were supposed to be sent to the British. That they were trying to sort it with nigeria immigration means they had no problems with the British isn't it? For your information, the president of resident doctors is just a politician. There is nothing they were sorting out yesterday. You mean you don't believe that article from GUARDIAN . You think they don't know what they are saying when they said the doctors left. Anyway,make we rest. Wetin be my own self. Make border open make I resume in Australia.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
Aussie2doc:
just one question....if you don't have visa or waiver...what is there to even sort out in the first instance? So you mean if I decide to travel to America tommorrow without visa and they don't allow me to board, my organisation will be working it out with immigration. Is that even news worthy? Does that make sense? If there was no waiver, they were supposed to be sent to the British. That they were trying to sort it with nigeria immigration means they had no problems with the British isn't it? For your information, the president of resident doctors is just a politician. There is nothing they were sorting out yesterday. You mean you don't believe that article from GUARDIAN UK? It is not Nigerian guardian newspaper. Na UK own . You think they don't know what they are saying when they said the doctors left. Anyway,make we rest. Wetin be my own self. Make border open make I resume in Australia.

Yes if you claimed that the organisation arranged with American govt and visa waiver letter was sent to you then the immigration stops you from boarding the organisation has to sort that out with immigration.

The guardian newspaper did not confirm it, they simply said what they heard from experts

That is the Nigerian guardian and not the UK, pay close attention to the web address to know the difference
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Aussie2doc: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:

Yes if you claimed that the organisation arranged with American govt and visa waiver letter was sent to you then the immigration stops you from boarding the organisation has to sort that out with immigration.

The guardian newspaper did not confirm it, they simply said what they heard from experts

That is the Nigerian guardian and not the UK, pay close attention to the web address to know the difference
so the resident doctors are the ones that claimed they arranged the visa and they are sorting it out. Sorting out a visa that doesn't exist in the first place according to you. Okay I don hear you. The guys are in the UK already anyway. Stay here and be analysing what you don't know. And for your information, I am not just a doctor.....I am also an ex- officio of that same NARD whose president you are quoting so you can be rest assured I know what I am talking about. You can't know everything and the earlier you learn that....the better.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
Aussie2doc:
so the resident doctors are the ones that claimed they arranged the visa and they are sorting it out. Sorting out a visa that doesn't exist in the first place according to you. Okay I don hear you. The guys are in the UK already anyway. Stay here and be analysing what you don't know. And for your information, I am not just a doctor.....I am also an ex- officio of that same NARD whose president you are quoting so you can be rest assured I know what I am talking about. You can't know everything and the earlier you learn that....the better.

I know this stuff more than you do and can teach you one or two things for free.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Aussie2doc: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

I know this stuff more than you do and can teach you one or two things for free.
Thank you sir. Keep your half baked knowledge for your fellow ignoramus.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Aussie2doc:
Thank you sir. Keep your half baked knowledge for your fellow ignoramus.

You are one of them

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos / Truck Crashes Into A Shop At Ojodu, Lagos After Brake Failure This Evening (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.