Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK (54532 Views)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Idyllic: 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
fof1:

Are U Educated at All? What is Flimsy when they don't have Passports, not to talk of Visas. Why are Nigerians such Cheats and Foolish.?

UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and enlighten yourself bro.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Timmzycul11: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
murphyibiam15:

No one can change Nigeria.. The best is to abscond.. If you want to run, do.. Nigeria is cursed and irreparably damaged undecided

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and enlighten yourself bro.

I did but did not see such news, so post it here

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by gkolakpo: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
There are so many questions to ask?
1) when did we start international flight ?
Or is it that there are other international flight other than essential services flight?
2) How did the doctors board without valid visas
someone should please explain to me
Day by Day I get confuse.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Neddyogu(m): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Enemies of progress.. See the kind of flimsy excuse they're giving.. They should simply say they're jealous the Drs are moving away from this shithole called Nigeria to where things work
They can't continue to hold them back for long, that I'm sure
The country the docs are travelling to already made arrangement for them and is it that they don't know what is called visa on arrival? That is uk's headache not Nigeria undecided

Not in the UK bro. Visas on arrival aren't issued in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Incandescent(m): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
dumb doctors
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by RTSC: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
golddare:

Thats what happens when you pay professionals peanuts. They should not worry, last last tradomedical doctors will take over.
Nigeria is a poor country.

Nigeria Cannot pay you as much as the UK.

If you don't know this, it is sad.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

Stop saying what you don't know. During this COVID pandemic, UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and stop displaying your ignorance with boldness on a public forum

Provide evidence or shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by InvertedHammer: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
/
grin
Try travelling out through any of the Nigerian international airports. You will think there is an order to prevent anyone from escaping. It feels like jail break. From one post to the other, different Law Enforcement Agencies querying your itinerary and motive.

\

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please what is Nigeria agender for Nigerians?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

Shut up.

Provide the evidence or you are a liar.

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
InvertedHammer:
/
grin
Try travelling out through any of the Nigerian international airports. You will think there is an order to prevent anyone from escaping. It feels like jail break. From one post to the other, different Law Enforcement Agencies querying your itinerary and motive.

\
[/s]

Lies.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by RTSC: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

Of course, they will.

They are telling you the health of their citizens are more important than the health of your uncles and aunties in Nigeria.

Parasitism and extreme nationalism at its worst.

I don't think the UK will care though.

7 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Idyllic: 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Post that link here.

Just a bit of education..visa waiver and visa on arrival are not the same thing.

Show me the link about UK visa waiver for Nigerians.

See, I don't have time to argue with you. Of course, I know that visa on arrival is different from visa waiver and I didn't say UK has started visa waiver for Nigerians. I said for doctors. During this COVID period, if you are a doctor from anywhere in the world and you have a job offer in the UK. You can travel to the UK without visa. They started it during this COVID period because UK visa office in Nigeria and many other places are closed because of the pandemic. That's why they put that in place so that doctors who want to travel to UK to resume job can do that. Hopefully, when UK get across to NIS on this issue, it will make headline. Au revoir

10 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
fof1:

Are U Educated at All? What is Flimsy when they don't have Passports, not to talk of Visas. Why are Nigerians such Cheats and Foolish.?
You're a full.. So the chartered aircraft didn't know whom they came to pick from UK.. Illiterate olodo
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
Golan007:

They may not have valid visas for travel. Stranger things have happened.
i doubt it
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
obailala:
How on earth did they expect to travel without visas? Even if some folks like @murphyibiam15 is unaware visas are needed for travel, educated doctors should have known better, except there's more to the story undecided
There is more to the story.. How can 48 Drs not know what to do.. They're meant to work in the UK
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by abnot: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
Golan007:

Nothing like that in UK.

Try something sensible toddler.

They all had letters from the UK Home Office and the UK also sent a jet to convey them. It's part of the Covid strategy as countries (uk, usa etc )are looking for doctors. The UK high commission visa section is currently closed thus the government made this arrangement though Nigerian government countered it. A set of over 100 doctors left for USA about two weeks ago .Air peace conveyed them to Lome, Togo (Ethiopian airline's mini west african hub). From Lome they all boarded an Ethiopian airlines flight to USA. Nigerian government had to pull this move else there will be no more doctors left here lol .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by RTSC: 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
I saw a UK link on twitter asking for doctors from poor countries to come to the NHS right in the midst of a global pandemic.

I blasted them heavily and asked them to train their own doctors.

Morals and humanity disappears in the face of poverty and these UK and even the US parasites are preying on that fact to deprive poor countries of their own doctors.

14 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
abnot:

They all had letters from the UK Home Office and the UK also sent a jet to convey them. It's part of the Covid strategy as countries (uk, usa etc )are looking for doctors. The UK high commission visa section is currently closed thus the government made this arrangement though Nigerian government countered it. A set of over 100 doctors left for USA about two weeks ago .Air peace conveyed them to Lome, Togo (Ethiopian airline's mini west african hub). From Lome they all boarded an Ethiopian airlines flight to USA. Nigerian government had to pull this move else there will be no more doctors left here lol .
[/s]

Story.

No visas hence no travel.

These governments aren't gangsters

Everything is systematic and documented.

Should they need them desperately, they would provide adequate paperwork.

6 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by mimilyrics: 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
I think you are mixing it up with the free visa extensions for NHS staff. There's currently no visa waivers for doctors to travel to the UK.
Even British Nationals stuck outside the UK with expired or no passports have to wait for the VACs in their locations to open to enable them submit their passport applications.
Idyllic:

Stop saying what you don't know. During this COVID pandemic, UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and stop displaying your ignorance with boldness on a public forum

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Enemies of progress.. See the kind of flimsy excuse they're giving.. They should simply say they're jealous the Drs are moving away from this shithole called Nigeria to where things work
The country the docs are travelling to already made arrangement for them and is it that they don't know what is called visa on arrival? That is uk's headache not Nigeria undecided

If at all you went to school, you wasted your darn time and resources cos you went in and came out tabula rasa

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

See, I don't have time to argue with you. Of course, I know that visa on arrival is different from visa waiver and I didn't say UK has started visa waiver for Nigerians. I said for doctors. During this COVID period, if you are a doctor from anywhere in the world and you have a job offer in the UK. You can travel to the UK without visa. They started it during this COVID period because UK visa office in Nigeria and many other places are closed because of the pandemic. That's why they put that in place so that doctors who want to travel to UK to resume job can do that. Hopefully, when they UK get across to NIS on this issue, it will make headline. Au revoir

The Uk did not start any visa waiver for doctors wishing to travel to the UK to work, there is nothing like that.

Show me that link to support your false claim.

The UK only gave foreign doctors working in the UK an automatic visa extension without paying for visa fees and ILR to health care families who lost their loved ones working for NHS during this period

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Openbusiness3: 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
abnot:

please how can I become a doctor in 3 days. I need to follow this people escape abeg sad

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

See, I don't have time to argue with you. Of course, I know that visa on arrival is different from visa waiver and I didn't say UK has started visa waiver for Nigerians. I said for doctors. During this COVID period, if you are a doctor from anywhere in the world and you have a job offer in the UK. You can travel to the UK without visa. They started it during this COVID period because UK visa office in Nigeria and many other places are closed because of the pandemic. That's why they put that in place so that doctors who want to travel to UK to resume job can do that. Hopefully, when they UK get across to NIS on this issue, it will make headline. Au revoir

Of course you would run off after spreading another bunch of lies on the internet.

I don't know why Nigerians are so dishonest.

Would you die if you just read the thread without contributing?

6 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by thiagoteres(m): 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

This is misleading, there is nothing like visa on arrival system between Nigeria and the UK, they can't board a flight without a valid visa.

The pandemic is a new frontier for everyone.
The concept of visa waiver that existed between UK and some countries has been extended to intending essential workers from from other countries. These people most likely hold the initial visa vignette which must have expired due to lock down.
The fact is you can get an electronic visa waiver to enable you pick up your BRP if your initial vignette is expired. This is granted on a case by case basis.

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Beetobee(f): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Nigeria does not have any 'visa on arrival' pact with UK. I wonder what silly statement you would have made if they went and were turned back by UK immigration.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by MrBigiman: 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
There are Visa waivers for many Doctors commencing training in the UK until things easens out.

Show me where that is published in UK govt official website.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Enugu And Lagos In The List Of 100 Resilience Cities In The World / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes / Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.