Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs (24754 Views)

China Testing HIV Drugs For Coronavirus / Timothy Ray Brown: The First Person Cured Of HIV/AIDS / I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
MozB:

we will offer prayers. That is what we have always done. Lol
Eggzatili. grin grin
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by loomer: 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
yanabasee1:

The production rate for HIV drugs have reduced because medical scientists are putting their focus and efforts to create coronavirus vaccines....

How can that be the problem. The drugs are already in market so has nothing to do with scientists and researchers.
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Nairalandmonika: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Starlight10:
Some people clearly did not read the article. It has nothing to do with bill gate or who. Its because all focus is on covid for now. Bill Gates or who dont pay for subsidized HIV drugs but your government does. Check your yearly Ministry of health budget And also USAid. Stop caping
Bill gate does in a way, may not necessarily be for HIV, but bill gates does pay n help govt subsidized for these drugs n vaccine.

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by patrickcollins: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
englishmart:
This is not a news. HIV is highly preventable. I remember a friend I met on a bus. We became very close that we turned lovers. We loved each other like Sun and day. The day she visited, we kissed and others but when it was time for sex, I insisted on condom o. Love no dey for that one o grin .It's just like husband and wife having AS/SS genotype. Thunder fire love.
One can still contract HIV by engaging in a kiss with someone that is positive with the virus, some person normally has blood coming out from their tooth, so u are not safe.

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by barrypro: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Golan007: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Starlight10:
Some people clearly did not read the article. It has nothing to do with bill gate or who. Its because all focus is on covid for now. Bill Gates or who dont pay for subsidized HIV drugs but your government does. Check your yearly Ministry of health budget And also USAid. Stop caping

To date, we have committed more than US$3 billion in HIV grants to organizations around the world and more than US$1.6 billion to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/what-we-do/global-health/hiv

LONDON (Reuters) - Makers of generic AIDS drugs will start churning out millions of pills for Africa containing a state-of-the-art medicine widely used in rich countries, after securing a multi-million dollar guarantee that caps prices at just $75 per patient a year.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1BW169

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Yankee101: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Have mercy lord

COVID-19 collateral damage is about to begin
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by ELibraryNG: 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
netpro:
It is now they will appreciate what Bill Gates has been doing. Let's wait till Malaria drug is affected.

Hope FFK and co will start picking the tab after demonizing Bill Gates?

Leave Malaria out of it. Our Herbal medicine for Malaria is far far effective than all those chemicals (Malaria drugs) with side effects
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Grateful02(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
This isn't goodnews. At this stage Africa is still dependent and haven't even grown up enough. It hurting that we're still lacking behind. I hope soon we'll get to be UNITED

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
They will soon blame Bill Gate and 5G for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by DexterousOne(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
I think the problem is the patents on these drugs.

That limits others from producing them

Cos these drugs can be reverse engineered and replicated

But Big Pharma no go gree that one
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Ihatemumu: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
SmartProf:
African countries are very likely to be the majority wailing for obvious reasons. I don't know why a continent will just remain dependent on being helped all the time. The only thing they pride themselves about is having a rich culture...other than that, nothing else.

And the pride ourselves as the most religious race ever grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
loomer:

How can that be the problem. The drugs are already in market so has nothing to do with scientists and researchers.

Where's your brain??
If they're already in the market and are being continuously used while no production is going on, what will happen when the ones in the market get exhausted??
You reason like a typical African, who doesn't make any future plans!
And that's while there's no headway in the continent.

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by LannisterIMP: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
Esseite:
The developed worlds were only being benevolent to balance trade by giving back in these forms.. yet we cursed out Bill Gates and other philanthropist whom could still have kept it all and turned trillionaires years back.

Now the world is breeding a new set of GREEDY capitalists that dont believe in balancing trade, but killing off the weak... Africa is the leader of the pack in hierarchy of weakness. The advancement of AI, has led to draining of forex directly at cheap cost, coupled with less use of crude oil. Africa is in imminent danger.

List if Greedy capitalist:
Mark Zuckerberg
Jeff Bezos
China
Trump
Elon musk
Etc..

This Quote should be made into a placard.

The decay presently can not even be r vognized.

Hope it’s not too late.

That’s if we have a living thing at the top!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Gmajor(m): 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
MakoShark:
Lyk I don't grab
Is it that the rate of use for covid-19 is way above what is been produced

How will you grab it when you didn't bother to read the post first before you rushed to comment?
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by KekeNash(f): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
pat077:
I'm sure south Africa will top the list
We have our own local producers in Port Elizabeth and East London, worry about your Kantry!

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
adolfHitler1934:
The black race is doomed from onset.

All he knows is marry four or more wives,wickedness, sing, dance and sex. His contribution to humanity's technological advancements is zero.

We are the Arian race....we own the world......Adolf Hitler (1934).

Tufiakwa for black race.

Dont quote me, I dont have time for you this weekend.

Haba mana.
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
ELibraryNG:

Leave Malaria out of it. Our Herbal medicine for Malaria is far far effective than all those chemicals (Malaria drugs) with side effects
undecidedundecided
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
MozB:

we will offer prayers. That is what we have always done. Lol
gringringrin no chill.
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by grammarian247(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
My job is to tell you how to hit the best score in Pearson Test of English (PTE). It is not the usual long sermon you hear, just tested practical steps. You do not need to buy any book from me. I'll spend just three weeks with you online and you good. 08038999587. I'm a chat or call away.
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by MakoShark: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
Gmajor:

How will you grab it when you didn't bother to read the post first before you rushed to comment?

And your point being

I can see yu gat a big problem
If you can't answer my question just negodu
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Jman06(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Not only antiretroviral drugs! Nigeria may soon go into serious drugs crisis due to irrational use of drugs even when not necessary.

Even after countries have opened their borders for international business, critical items like drugs might not become readily available for export. Sane countries would hoard their drugs to ensure their citizens have adequate supply.

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Balogunodua(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
Grateful02:
This isn't goodnews. At this stage Africa is still dependent and haven't even grown up enough. It hurting that we're still lacking behind. I hope soon we'll get to be UNITED
Oga since i was born i have always treated myself with herbal drugs, so bleep their malaria whatever.
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by yanabasee1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
loomer:

That's the thing...they are running out of drugs because the producers are focusing on coronavirus vaccines and probably stopped producing for HIV....

1 Like

Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by haywizzy007(m): 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
Covid-19 wants to turn HIV into death sentence..nah wa o
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

To date, we have committed more than US$3 billion in HIV grants to organizations around the world and more than US$1.6 billion to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/what-we-do/global-health/hiv

LONDON (Reuters) - Makers of generic AIDS drugs will start churning out millions of pills for Africa containing a state-of-the-art medicine widely used in rich countries, after securing a multi-million dollar guarantee that caps prices at just $75 per patient a year.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1BW169
our government makes payments for those every year too and Malaria drugs and other drugs are not free in Nigeria either. Pls tell your boss to follow up on the money he spends because most poor still cant access free treatment. All his so called billons he spends on Nigeria cannot be accounted for. The health care is obviously a mess here.
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by earnit3: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Really
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by hinere(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
When people are getting cured from HIV.

They are getting converted from HIV Positive to HIV NEGATIVE.

Double Stem Cell Treats HIV.

A HIV positive man got cured of the virus after taking Double Stem Cell for about a year.

His Viral load kept reducing until it hit the zero mark. He went for test and was confirmed HIV NEGATIVE.

Do your research on it guys. Let's save lives
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by loomer: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Where's your brain??
If they're already in the market and are being continuously used while no production is going on, what will happen when the ones in the market get exhausted??
You reason like a typical African, who doesn't make any future plans!
And that's while there's no headway in the continent.

I am African and will always be.
I've spent my last 6 years in Europe, been working with Pharmaceutical companies in the last 4years, and throughout this corona problem never was there a day the company was closed, nor production interrupted. You know why? Its completely useless to focus on corona when people with other health issues are mostly at vulnerable. So do the maths bro, don't just throw insults
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by loomer: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2020
yanabasee1:

That's the thing...they are running out of drugs because the producers are focusing on coronavirus vaccines and probably stopped producing for HIV....

Probably because they want a spike in the price of the drugs
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by maxibrainz02(m): 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Mini importation have turned many Nigerians into millionaires.
Imagine buying women's designer bags for 5000 naira and selling for 25000 naira.
That's pure 20k profit on one product
Just selling 5 of that bag will give you 100k.
Some products are very easy to sell compared to others
Things around weight loss, health, women's beauty, fashion, electronics, gadgets sells very well in Nigeria
I remember selling a 10 naira pink lips balm for 2000 naira.
I don't need to tell you how hot this product is �
The profits in this business is too much.
I have decided to teach you the business of importation.
You will learn how to import products at a very low price and sell very high here in Nigeria
You will be exposed to hot products that sells like fire here in Nigeria.
You will learn how to even beat down the price more as you're negotiating with the seller (this secret alone is one thing nobody will dare tell you)
You will learn how to import your products down to Lagos and from Lagos down to your doorstep anywhere you are
You will also learn how to sell your products.
By the end of the class you will be the indaboski of alerts �
Promise me you will pay me tithe when you begin lick oil �
Now tell me how much you're willing to pay for this class.
30k?
20k?
10k?
But NO
I'm crashing it down to a discount price of 3000.
Yes 3000.
But this offer will last last for 24hours
I also have an offer for early birds (those that will pay before 7pm)
Early birds will pay 2500.
After 24hours everything will go back to 10k
The hot Product template alone is 30k not to talk of how to negotiate with the seller and beat down the prices more or is it the platforms that you can sell off your products with ease
Contact
080. 68. 15 29 51.
I will also give out my underground importation book i bought for 7k for FREE.
Secure your bag ASAP �
Re: 70 Countries Are Running Out Of HIV Drugs by bjtinz: 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
Starlight10:

You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat / Easy Homemade Mosquito Trap / Boy Attacked By Dogs Got Infection At Lasuth - Indian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.