Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 (11157 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Lionel Messi's Father, Jorge 'Is Already In Manchester Negotiating With City' / UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by seunmsg(m): 6:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Fight over. I score the fight 4-1. Usman wins by unanimous decision.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by seunmsg(m): 6:48am On Jul 12, 2020
KosiGee:
I don’t understand Usman holding his coach like that every time there’s a break. They look like Bobrisky and Jay Boogie trying to do something funny.

Usman is a wrestler.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by umbroxxx(m): 6:48am On Jul 12, 2020
seunmsg:
Fight over. I score the fight 4-1. Usman wins by unanimous decision.
yeah I totally agree
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by KosiGee(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2020
seunmsg:

Usman is a wrestler.

I know that.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Sirfeeking(m): 6:50am On Jul 12, 2020
Congrats Kamaru Usman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by umbroxxx(m): 6:50am On Jul 12, 2020
Unanimous decision the winning streak countinues
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Iamsegzy25: 6:51am On Jul 12, 2020
Kamaru Usman wins via unanimous decision
AND STILL
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Emilokoiyawon: 6:51am On Jul 12, 2020
Sirfeeking:
Congrats Kamaru Usman

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by drey076(m): 6:53am On Jul 12, 2020
Kamaru did what he had to do to take away that guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Tabletuner(m): 6:53am On Jul 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by seunmsg(m): 6:53am On Jul 12, 2020
I think I can now go and sleep. Congratulations to Kamaru Usman, the undisputed UFC welterweight champion. Looking forward to his fight against Gilbert Burns of Mcgregor if he decides to fight for the big money.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by reidkrugger(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2020
I didn't watch it o. Because I know it would play out like Woodleys'. I've been busy promoting him on FB though and the whites really hate it. Well, most of them.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by TechDaddy(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2020
Still the Champ!
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Onebase79(m): 6:57am On Jul 12, 2020
Congratulations to our man Usman. I really enjoyed Thug Rose's fight. Best fight of the night for me.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Iamsegzy25: 6:58am On Jul 12, 2020
Congratulations to Kamaru Usman for retaining his belt but hey that was a snoozefest not the kind of championship fight we wanted but we don't care because our naija boy got the win

UFC Time to fix a match btw Israel Adesanya and Paulo Costa that would be a hell of a fight, A brawler with power punches and a counter striker

Good Morning fams see y'all next time

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Onebase79(m): 7:00am On Jul 12, 2020
Iamsegzy25:
Congratulations to Kamara Usman for retaining his belt but hey that was a snoozefest not the kind of championship fight we wanted but we don't care because our naija boy got the win

UFC Time to fix a match btw Israel Adesanya and Paulo Costa that would be a hell of a fight, A brawler with power punches and a counter striker

That would be a very wonderful fight.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by seunmsg(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2020
Iamsegzy25:
Congratulations to Kamaru Usman for retaining his belt but hey that was a snoozefest not the kind of championship fight we wanted but we don't care because our naija boy got the win

Dana White already confirmed it. That is Adesanya’s next fight.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Lordjb: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2020
Tabletuner:

Your link is not working
it works
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Emilokoiyawon: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2020
reidkrugger:
I didn't watch it o. Because I know it would play out like Woodleys'. I've been busy promoting him on FB though and the whites really hate it. Well, most of them.

Its called anti-blackness. Anytime a black person is on top, some white people get REALLY uncomfortable. Plus Usman reps Africa - oh they hate that too.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Onebase79(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
seunmsg:
THE FACTS

When is UFC 251? Sunday 12th July, 2020 - 01:00 start (UK), 04:00 (CAT).

Where is UFC 251? Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE

What channel is UFC 251 on? BT Sport 1

Where can I stream UFC 251? BT Sport subscribers can stream the fight online via the BT Sport website

For viewers in the United States, the event will be shown live on ESPN+ which can you sign up to here!

THE LOWDOWN

Gilbert Burns rose out of the pile of welterweight contenders to fight the champion Kamaru Usman, but Covid-19 took the Brazilian down. Thankfully, Jorge Masvidal has stepped up to the plate on short notice to take the shot that should have been his in the first place.

With Burns, Masvidal, Leon Edwards and Colby Covington all in the mix for Usman at some point and being the first crop of fighters heading into the searing head on fight island, preparations have not been ideal but Usman is a real champion and has remained available throughout. He is also the 4th most in form fighter in the UFC winning his last 15 and finishing Covington on his first title defence in his last outing.

Masvidal probably has the highest stock in the UFC right now and his popularity is only soaring higher after taking this fight on short notice. He is coming off three super high-profile knockouts over Darren Till, Ben Askren and Nate Diaz and has a very high form score considering he has only won six of his last 10 fights.

THE PREDICTION

Masvidal is the man right now and defending your belt against him on short notice after moving training camps to train for Burns is as dangerous as it gets. Despite this, the odds are stacked against him as Usman is a terrible match-up for him. ‘The Nigerian Nightmare’ is at the top of the food chain when is comes to endurance and wrestling and the heat will only make it harder to survive his pressure.

Masvidal has a clear striking advantage and considering how hard it will be to endure the championship rounds, he may have to take a similar approach to the Askren fight.

Usman’s biggest threat could be his own ego if he thinks he can stand up with Masvidal. The longer the fight stays on the feet, the more likely it is he will fall into one of Masvidal’s traps and get knocked out but Usman will try and close any distance and is likely to take him down as soon as possible in each round to grind out a decision.

Winner: Usman via Decision

https://www.thestatszone.com/mma/mma-preview-kamaru-usman-vs-jorge-masvidal-at-ufc-251-1057387

Good day chief. Please do you have any link for UFC 252?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The Fastest And Most Intelligent Player In The World ? / Odemwingie Scores First League Goal In Nine Months / Nigeria Not Producing Enough Good Players Anymore – Arsene Wenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.