Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months (11337 Views)

Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA / Sepp Blatter: "Nigeria Will Be A Troublemaker At Russia 2018 World Cup" / Hope Solo Accuses Sepp Blatter Of Sexual Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by HonNL: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
Former FIFA President, Sepp Blatter has been handed a new ban of six years and eight months from football, said world football's governing body.

Ex-FIFA General Secretary, Jerome Valcke has received a similar punishment, with both also being fined £780,000.

FIFA said the bans were for "various violations" of its code of ethics.

The new bans start when the current suspensions of Blatter and Valcke end in October 2021 and October 2025 respectively.

The former FIFA President, alongside then UEFA President (a 3-time Balon d'or winner) Michel Platini and then FIFA Secretary General, Jerome Valcke, were provisionally suspended for 90 days in October 2015 for ethics violations.

Platini is already serving an 8-year ban from "all football-related activities" since 2015.

Adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee sanctions Mr Joseph S. Blatter and Mr Jérôme Valcke
24 Mar 2021

The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Mr Joseph S. Blatter, former FIFA President, and Mr Jérôme Valcke, former FIFA Secretary General, guilty of various violations of the FIFA Code of Ethics (FCE).

The investigations into Messrs Blatter and Valcke covered various charges, in particular concerning bonus payments in relation to FIFA competitions that were paid to top FIFA management officials, various amendments and extensions of employment contracts, as well as reimbursement by FIFA of private legal costs in the case of Mr Valcke.

In its decisions, the adjudicatory chamber ruled that Mr Blatter had breached art. 15 (Duty of loyalty), art. 19 (Conflicts of interest) and art. 20 (Offering and accepting gifts or other benefits) of the FCE, while Mr Valcke was found to have violated art. 15 (Duty of loyalty), art. 19 (Conflicts of interest), art. 20 (Offering and accepting gifts or other benefits) and art. 25 (Abuse of position) of the FCE. In the calculation of the sanctions to be imposed, the adjudicatory chamber applied the principle of lex mitior and art. 11 of the 2018 edition of the FCE, which stipulates a maximum limit on the applicable sanction. Consequently, Messrs Blatter and Valcke have both been sanctioned with bans from all football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level for a period of six years and eight months. In addition, fines to the amount of CHF 1,000,000 have been imposed on both Messrs Blatter and Valcke.

The motivated decisions were notified to Messrs Blatter and Valcke today, and have also been published on legal.fifa.com. As the previous bans from taking part in all football-related activity imposed on Messrs Blatter and Valcke by the independent Ethics Committee in 2015 and 2016 have not yet been purged, the bans notified today will only come into force upon the expiry of the previous bans (i.e. on 8 October 2021 and 8 October 2025, respectively).

FIFA Media

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by FairlyUSEDpussy: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
Corruption everywhere..........

Isn't it weird how this FUNERAL CANDIDATES get themselves soaked in corruption.......example platini,buhari,Blatter etc.....

Do that they ever think of DEATH

Modified....
Couldn't belive I made my FTC on corruption related topic.....##sobs uncontrollably

10 Likes

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Abigirlsuen: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
I dey tell you. No time
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by karzyharsky(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Quaroption everywhere
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Prussian: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
And the fools in CAF are reducing the sentence of Ahmad that thief.
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by slawormiir: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright ....

What is the niggarrrr below me saying....
Penaldo fans every where

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Damakboy: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Very corrupt man
Awarded awards to Messi anyhow
Hediot

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by GreaterFuture3: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Na wa oh
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Racoon(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Even Sepp Blatter is a yam eaters in football?
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by jhydebaba(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Okay, after this new ban expires make you ban him again.
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by NwaNimo1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by rottable(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
This is system that work not Naija's
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Rickbronz(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
corruption everywhere.
Meanwhile, Get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. check my signature for more details.
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Jaytecq(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
haba, 6 years to his age.
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Trimque2k1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
FIFA and corruption ehn, it's more like don't get caught kind of thing over there...
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by sulaiboy20(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
banning people already out of office. like you giving them holiday.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Ayo2004: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Damakboy:
Very corrupt man
Hediot
Messi suppose win all the Balloon d'or from 2010 to 2019 grin
Na because them dupe am some years Dem suspend the werey grin
But I like as this FIFA dey Bleep anybody up,ex-president o,current president,Dem no wan know
Somebody in Abuja needs to emulate them

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by paulolee(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
the too much money that football generates do force these big men to indulge so much in corruption...
I CNT blame them and would do same if i gat a chance on that sit because all man gat his price...
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
I wonder if it was black men from Africa doing this.....what would have the whites in FIFA respond to especial the Europeans who taught they own football.

I was even thinking that Dr. Amos Adamu has shame us until Platini, Batter n co got deep in financial mess...corruption everywhere!
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by oluwaseyi0: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Almost 1million pounds

Where will they see that one shocked
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by paulolee(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Damakboy:
Very corrupt man
Hediot
I know someone would say dis....what about him extending the timeframe for voting the next day after cr7 did a hatrick that qualified them to worldcup against zlatan sweden?
cr7 ended up winning the ballon d or that season even if we all know Ribery was a strong favorite because bayern won all trophies dt year and cr7 only won d league...
it worked for cr7 n no problem n u complaining abt messi own, hypocrites..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by GeneralPula: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Players like Wesley sneijder will like this..

1 Like

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
No jail terms?
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by lagusboyyy(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
FIFA really mean this Sepp Blatter.

I personally think, if not because of this man, Africa would have not hosted the world cup in the next 5 decades.

The man really tried, he resisted all oppositions by staging the mudial in South Africa.

If not for anything, i adore the man for that.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by fergie001: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
paulolee:

I know someone would say dis....hypocrits
I endorse the statement... grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by adesegun121(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ok
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by ZeraSchool: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
Sepp Blatter was powerful in his time as FIFA president and was among the world's most powerful people along side Obama and the Pope.
I don't even know the name of the current FIFA president I think they call him Igbo or thereabout cool I saw him presenting a speech at the world cup in Russia was just smiling like werey grin

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by Carlyboi(m): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
You’d think infantino himself is a saint lol with the way he keeps handing out suspension,bans and fines.
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by bigdammyj: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
Noted
Re: FIFA Imposes Fines On Blatter, Valcke. Extends Bans By 6 Years, 8 Months by adekS1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
Robbed Thiery Henry of balloon d'or

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5+odd Football Trading (daily) / Mfon Udoka Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today / Free Bet9ja, 1960Bet Predictions, Daily Betting Tips | www.solopredict.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.