Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction (17711 Views)

Even If He Doesn't: The Flood (a Christian Fiction Series) / ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction / ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by doctorbrainy(f): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
I must confess am realy impress with your story more grace and God bless.
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Lakesc: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2020
Thanks alot for the updates
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
~~~~
After meeting with the ministers and politicians,I boarded the official plane back home.
Charles was at the airport to pick me,i spotted him standing beside his car,as soon as he saw me,he rushed to help me with my luggage.
"How was your trip and the meeting"he asked with a concerned look on his face.
"It went fine as you can see"I replied casually.
"you look malnourished just under a week and three days"
"Yes i was not comfortable with the hotel food,i am not used to eating outside so most of the time i resorted to fruit salad and confectionaries"I replied opening the car door while Charles went over to the rear trunk to arrange my luggage.
"Really?thats a disadvantage of your reserved nature"He replied and turn over to the wheel.
"So how is Amanda"I asked.
"Oh she should be fine"
"How is she coping"
"Did you say she is just a school cert"
"yeah why are you asking"
"She is very enlightened,one could mistake her to be a graduate"
"You can see the girl you loathe"I said.
Charles smiled lightly"yeah"

3 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by anonymousthug(m): 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Gaskiya, i can't come across a great story like yours and still be ghosting around. Much love from the NORTH.
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
"Mike i want you to tell me the truth,are you responsible for her pregnancy "
I sat transfixed.How could Charles ask me such question,it was a shocker.
"What kind of question is that?do i look like a fornicator"I asked angrily.
"You need not to be offended,you seem to care so much about her and this is unlikely"
"Charles listen to me,Amanda is just a friend"
"You seem too intimate with her than i expect"
"How"I asked
"First of all you gave her a free accomodation,secondlyyou employed her to work as your P.A,Its absurd"Charles said honked at the trailer in front of him,he soon overtook it.
I smiled"When the time comes,i will let you know"i replied.
"Dont tell me you want to marry her"Charles asked.
"Is it bad if i do"
"I wont allow you to marry that low class girl"
"But it is my choice,and please let this discussion come toa close"I ordered with an air of finality.
"Okay ohh"he responded,twisted the gear and focused on the road.
I plied out my phone to call Amanda,it rang for some minutes before she picked it.

2 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Ann2012(f): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Lakesc: 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
Charles dad has made life miserable for everyone indeed. Thank u PRE4
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by doctorbrainy(f): 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2020
You are wow. Thanks for that story
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 04, 2020
"Hello"I started.
"Hi Mike"her tiny voice replied.
"I just returned from Abuja,i am on my way home"
"Wow!thats a good news"she replied,there was joy in the reply,i noticed it.
"So how have you been coping with the job and your new status"
She laughed loudly
"Mike,nothing changed,i remain myself"she replied.
"So the job did not change you"I asked.
"No,it changed my schedules and make me busy,no boredom again on my list,thank you for your kind gestures but yet i havent changed from being me"she replied.
I inhaled deeply,i was happy to hear her voice.
"So how is the baby,hope the baby is kicking"I asked but i noticed Charles turned to give me a quick stare,his face was red.
"The baby is kicking like it should"She replied.
"He must be a great footballer then"I said.
"Who told you he is a boy,i havent gone to scan yet"her voice was highpitched now.
"I just guess my dear,will you mind coming over tonight for dinner in my house"I offered.
"No problem,i cant turn down my benefactor"
"Okay bye"
"Bye my dear"I ended.

3 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by oyinella(f): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2020
I pray God delivers Mike

1 Like

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2020
CHAPTER ELEVEN
Charles paced round the room visibly angry.His flexed muscle made itself visible in his sky blue long sleeves which he folded up to elbow length.His clenched fist looked like a leopard waiting for the right time to strike.
He kicked the wall with his shoe.
"Damn"he cursed and threw the flower vase on the wall,it shattered into irreparable pieces.
"How can Mike lie to me?he own the baby and he is denying"he soliloquized seethingly.
He plied out his phone.He dialed a number and called.
"hello dad,i just noticed mike owns the baby Amanda is carrying for him"he said.
"What!!we are doomed,you are a fool,get a way to terminate the filthy thing"Chima hoarsely replied.
"I tried to kidnap her so that my boys can beat hell out of her to terminate but she escaped the trap"He replied.
"But dad,she is coming over here tonight for dinner,what should i do"he asked.
"Is that a question"Chima barked"Poison her food or drink"He added wickedly.
"Haa dad,but wont Amanda die"Charles asked in fear.
"Who cares"

4 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2020
"No dad,her blood will be on my head,i cant kill anybody please.Find something safer"Charles replied sternly.
"Okay,you 'll have to go to a pharmacy shop and ask them of Mifepristone known as RU486,it is for abortion"Chima said.
"Okay let me get going now,but how should i use it"
"Charles,you do ask dumb questions,put three tablet in her tea or food"
"Okay i will do exactly as you 've said.Bye"Charles enderd the call and went out.
+++++++++++
The door bell rang so i rushed to open the door knowing fully well it was Amanda.
She was dressed in a long loose fitted pink gown,she looked very beautiful that i could imagine.
"Hello Mike"she said and waved,her face was fettered with broad charming smiles.
"My beauty,come in"I replied out of my reverie.
I opened the door wide open as she entered the sitting room in a befitting stride.
Charles was in the kitchen.
"Please do have your seat,what can we offer you"I asked.
"Anything"she replied modestly.
"okay wait for me"I replied and went to the house bar to get juice.

2 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2020
I returned with a multi fruit chapman with two glasses.
I served her and myself as i turned on the television.
I settled for Zeeworld since i noticed it was Amanda favourite channel.
"Charles"I called out"wont you come and greet our visitor"I added.
"Give me some minutes bro"I heard his faint voice at the far end where his bedroom was situated.
He emerged from the some minutes later fr his room.
"Hello Angel"He said and hugged Amanda lightly.
"I thought you were in the kitchen"I asked in suprise.
"Kitchen ke!i am in my room,it is Okon that is in the kitchen"he replied and sat down beside me.His face gladiated with joy.Okon was our cook.
"Okay oh"I replied.
"So Amanda i called you here to tell you that i will be resuming tomorrow"I broke the intending silence.
"its my pleasure Mike"she smiled again.
I swallowed hard,i dont know where to start,i wanted to propose to her.
Charles noticed my uneasiness so he got up and excused us.
"Let me go and see what Okon is preparing"he said dischargingly and left.

3 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Ann2012(f): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Lakesc: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Poor charles! His dad has sow an evil seed in his heart already...
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by enirock(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
hmmm. May we not suffer for what we know nothing about.
A child that's in the womb has become a target, because one wants to preserve wealth.
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2020
I inhaled and appreciated the privacy Charles granted us,so i adjusted and summon some courage.
"Amanda,did you know you are beautiful"I shyly said.
She smiled broadly"You've told that to me innumerable times.Thanks for the compliment"She replied with her eyes still glued at the T.V.
It was an encouragement to me so i continued"Will you marry me"
She turned immediately to face me with shock on her face.
"Marry you"?She asked.
"Yes marry me,i want to make you my wife"I replied.Clumps were already gathering in my stomach,it rumbled like it will blow open my intestine the next seconds.
"I am with a fatherless Child,you know"
"Amanda I know,i want to be the father of that child"
"This will be an inconveniency to to you,your parents wont accept me.Mike i will appreciate you move ahead and marry somebody else.As for me,i have resigned myself to fate,i will keep this child as a single mother and bring out the best in him"Amanda said seething.
I counted my teeth to be sure i havent uttered an offensive word.

2 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2020
"I want to be a father to the child,i want to fill the gap as a father"I managefmd to reply.
"I say No!Mike no.I did not expect this from you hunh.What will people say about us"she fired.
"Let them say"I interjected calmly.
"I have made my decision not to spend the rest of my life with a man after all that happened in my life.Men are betrayers,yes they are.If you think i can open my legs wide open for you because of what you've done for me then it wont work Mike.I really appreciate your concern in my life but i cant trust anybody,not even you"she was poised.
I was scared at the turnout of event.
Charles came outof the kitchen,i was sure he heard Amanda outburst.
"Listen to me Mike,i think it is time i let go of you,i am not those cheap girs out there who you deceive with all your empty promise which you know you will never fulfill,you only want to have a thirst of me.I am sorry dear,i am not for sale"Amanda ranted,picked up her bag and left.
I sat ashamed of myself,I caught Charles disdainful eyes on me.

2 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 07, 2020
He strolled towards me and held my left shoulder.
"What happened"he asked.
"I asked her to marry me and she flared up"i replied coldly.
"What!marry her?and she almost pulled the house down because of that?i warned you but you wont listen.You 've let yourself low in front of her,that is why she sees you as a fly.She should be happy that an oil directing boss is asking to marry a LovePeddler like her"Charles said maliciously.
"Dont insult her,i think she is facing an emotional trauma,i heard her talked about betrayal,perhaps she was in a relationship before but the guy hurted her"I defended.
"Look at you,see how you are talking like a fool,what is now your business with her trauma?because of this stupid illiterate,you downgraded me,you made me accountable to her.Why wont she insult you?Can she stand with men of your timbre and calibre and tell them this nonsense she said here"
"Charles please stop this usage of vulgar word"I said and got up.
"Sorry pastor,the food you wanted to host her with is already a waste"

2 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
At least Charles was unable to poison her unless it was in the drink they took earlier.
Thanks Pre4.
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by doctorbrainy(f): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 15, 2020
I ignored his sarcasm,i picked up my phone and dialled Amandas' number but she was not answering the call.Charles stood beside me in mockery.
"Cant you read the handwriting on the wall?cant you see that the girl you are dying for have no feelings for you,she sees you as a fly"Charles taunted.
"Let me think well Charles,that girl is just too,special to let go"I replied totally ignoring his unfriendly gesture.
"Alright,your choice"Charles said and left the room.
++++++++
"Hello dad,i dont know if this girl is a witch,she left the house in anger without eating the poison"Charles said to his father over the phone.
"How did that happen"the terrified voice replied.
"She had some misunderstanding with Mike who claimed he asked her hand in marriage,she left here in anger"Charles replied.
"There is no longer time on our side,i will have to look for spiritual means to get rid of the bastard in her womb,i will see baba tomorrow"
"Better option,but i dont think Mike own the baby so we shouldnt kill the innocent child"

1 Like

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 15, 2020
"Why are you sounding like a fool"Mr Chima barked furiously.
"Mike want to take responsibilities of the child but i strongly believe he is not the father of the baby"Charles replied.
"That Child could be a heir to thode companies"Mr Chima barked.
"Which company again?"Charles asked in shock.
"I think you should know the truth now,i am sorry for lying to you earlier on"
"Dad!!what do you mean hunh?what truth are you talking about"Charles asked confused.
"I just discovered Mike father did not totally disposed all his assets;i mean his companies and properties.He leased them for a certain period of time.He willed all his properties in Mike name so that during the time of restoration,all his wealth will be willed to Mike.Clement is doing this without my consent,he have forgotten i made him who he is today.The properties willed to Mike is over five hundred million dollars,now tell me why Clement refused to let me know about all this if he is not an evil person"Mr Chima confessed.
Charles heaved heavily in shock.

1 Like

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 15, 2020
"Dad,this is weird,we arent suppose to discuss this again.Lets leave this family alone"Charles pleaded in a sober tone.
"Sometimes,i do ask if you are actually my blood,you are a coward unlike me who is brave to always take the bull by the horn"
"Okay dad,what do i do now"Charles asked reluctantly.
"Good,i want all those properties willed to you,i mean Us"
"How on earth is that possible"Charles asked petrified.
"Trust my judgement,follow my lead.All i needis your cooperation.Make sure Mike did not have a heir until we strike so that there will be no hindrance on our way to inherit such mighty fortune"
"Okay i am in for the game"Charles agreed.
"I will call you later"He added and hung up.
+++++++++++
I shook hands with the Attorney general of a man who had called to see me.
I was still wondering why this man asked to see coupled with the fact that my father had asked me to honour his invitation.I had to cancel all my appointment at work and took a flight to Magodo,Lagos.
The man seemed to acquainted to me.

1 Like

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 15, 2020
"I am Barrister Indimi,i am your father legal solicitor and investment advisor"the man calmly started.His tone was a feel-at-home one.
I smiled warmly in reply not wanting to show i was confused.
I guessed he read my mind.
"No fears at all,your father kept all the secrets from you before but now he had decided to let you know about them.So you are in the right place Michael"Barr.Indimi said.
I heaved in reply.I was still more comfused.what secrets?I soliloquized.
"Without wasting much of your time,Do you know your father sold his properties"Barr.Indimiasked.
I stopped my breath for some seconds at the question.
"Yes,he did due to some circumstances he discovered beclouding his estates"I replied hastily.
"Some ritual stuff right"
"Something of that sort"I responded.
"Umm...He discovered that his wealth was not gotten from the ritual his friend had done,the charm failed"
"How did you know that?"I asked.
"We made some investigations about it only to discover that the baba did nit actually did the ritual"

3 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 15, 2020
"But he sold all his properties because of that reason"I refused.
"Yes,he actually leasd them for a reason because all his properties documents are still in your name.We are talking about a fortune of precisely Six hundred and sixty five million dollars.Your father is super rich"Barr.Indimi said.
I almost fell off my seat in shock.
"Why did my father not tell me all these himself?Why you?"I asked.
"Because i am the one best in position to tell you,but the reason i called you here is to transfer all your father stocks to you but he insist you dont engage in the affairs of his conglomerate as all his magnates are in good hands"
"I am still not getting you right,you mean you want to will the whole stocks to me"I asked.
"No,i wont say will because it has already been willed to you,rather i will prefer we say transfer.The stock in concern worth millions of naira but still your father insist you steer from all the affairs of his magnates until he order you to"
"Barrister,this is sickly,but why shouldnt I"I asked.

4 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by joytothewise(m): 9:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Nice story bro!! i enjoyed reading.

2 Likes

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by aprilwise(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2020
I'm kinda scared for Mike. Charles and his father won't successd

1 Like

Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by enirock(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
I believe Mike's father would feel/know the dangers are not totally over/past. Make Charles and e papa nor kill innocent pikin oh. Thanks Op
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Mummyclieva: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Great job.kip it up
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by ddlondon(f): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2020
Am kind of scared for mikeooo
this charlse is really dangerous
Re: So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2020
"This is for your safety,your father is giving you this stock so you wont get closer to his companies again till the right time.Your father own two giant oil well"
"What,he own what!,do you know that i work for an oil company"I screamed.
"Calm down Mr Mike,this is for your safety"
"What is the name of his companies"I asked.
"He own the Gold Empire groups"Barr.Indimi replied.
I stung up my chair like i was bitten by a scorpion.But why was my father doing this?This is disheartening.
"Gold Empire?that is the company we merge with of recent,my dad did not tell me this"I cried out.
"Its for a purpose,sit down please,your father willed all those assets and properties in your name,you own them"
"You are stupid!Indimi you are crazy,now let me ask you,how will you react if your father own such a huge empire and you are hustling to make another empire grow?do you know the stress i am passing through in that company hunh?Its saddening to see another person eat my labour while i suffer for someone else"I ranted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Broken Oath - A Short Story / My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century / Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.