Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Sugar Binding - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sugar Binding (14703 Views)

The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sugar Binding by skubido(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by Khriztarl(f): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
Thanks for the update love.

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by Herbiedeen(m): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
oyinella:

No johr, they have to fall in love
it's like love is sombori yaff get this geh's mumu button oh gringrin

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 12:32am On Jul 29, 2020
"I'm sorry" I said again

"I have forgiven you. Just forgive yourself" she said.

10 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 12:33am On Jul 29, 2020
Odoogu:
degelinglacis
hope you good? been awhile.
I'm fine, I was busy.

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 12:45am On Jul 29, 2020
enirock:
Somehow, both Quasim and Kofoworola are emotional wreck but one had found a way to dealing with hers,while the other is a reliquary of emotional hurts and abuses and being unable to show love, because it feels it will belittle him or make him seem desperate, is not ready to listen or indulge his partner.

Thanks for the thrilling update.

[b]Quasim better brings the divorce papers ooo, [/b]or is he scared of loosing her buy can't say it or show it?
grin grin
So after divorce, Kofoworola will hook up with Hamza or a third guy? Another fine twist grin

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by enirock(m): 1:33am On Jul 29, 2020
degelinglacis:

grin grin
So after divorce, Kofoworola will hook up with Hamza or a third guy? Another fine twist grin

hahahahaha.

Quasim has taken the first and most important steps of all. He has admitted he has a problem, and he wants to become better and I believe Kofoworola would be by him every step of the way given her antecedent .

The emotional pains they both would have passed through this few weeks would be trauma enough to last a lifetime.

Thanks boss for the update.

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by Ann2012(f): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by oyinella(f): 8:12am On Jul 29, 2020
Herbiedeen:
it's like love is sombori yaff get this geh's mumu button oh gringrin
lol, I cant help it, I love love

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by oyinella(f): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2020
wow! this is beautiful, thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Khriztarl(f): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wow.
Re: Sugar Binding by Oremeyii(f): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
....I've forgiven you, you should forgive yourself. That last line touched me. I like where things are going with them, I like it very much kiss

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 12:06am On Aug 05, 2020

8 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by enirock(m): 12:36am On Aug 05, 2020
OH. Now she had made peace with Quasim, she has been kidnapped with her baby
Quasim will not take this lying down because I believe this has Febisola's dad and Quasim senior written all over it.
Thanks boss for the update.

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Ann2012(f): 5:56am On Aug 05, 2020
Tayo where are you

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by Odoogu(m): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2020
it's been a dark cloud for a long time... and with just a moment of silver lining, dark clouds cover again.
the good news is, both are on the same page so that makes the battle tougher. If they stay together, it's just a matter of time before they conquer... them FATEH'S grin
the doctor/ hospital mgt did aid the kidnap.
degelinglacis thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by Odoogu(m): 8:06am On Aug 10, 2020
degelinglacis ... what's up with you? happy new week and stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
The car was moving so fast and I couldn't identified most of the roads. I only knew few places in Lagos and I was not sure if we were still in Lagos. Suddenly the car pulled off the main road and parked near a deserted place. My hand reached inside my bag searching for a sharp objects I could use as self defense but there was nothing of such inside. Not even a pen. The driver snatched the bag from me.
"No" I screamed
"No?" The one who kidnapped me asked with his hardened face. Before I could even utter another word, he slapped my mouth, and stuck my lips together with a tape.
"The choice to live is entirely yours, if you piss me off again. I will kill you" he warned
I nodded with teary eyes. How could a joyous day turned out to be this bad?
He turned to the driver "What did you find in her bag?"
"Her phone with over forty miss calls and money" the driver asked
"Put the phone in airplane mode"
The kidnapper dialed a number and the receiver picked up
"You have her?"
"Yes, right here beside me"
"Take her to the warehouse. I will be there in two hours" the receiver said
The voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it. The forty missed calls bothered me. I knew it was Tayo and Qasim. I prayed they find a lead on time. I watched the roads putting many street names in my head. Just in case I escaped, I could call Qasim to pick me up. But that was cut short when my kidnapper placed two polythene bag on my head making the universe went black. I tried seeing through the bag but it was all black. So I turned to my other senses, I strained my ears listening to the car movement, it was speeding too fast. I hoped they do not kill me in a car accident before the kidnap was over. The car finally slowed down, maneuvering its way through many potholes. I could feel how the car was moving shakily then it stopped. The engine turned off. I felt the car door opened, my arm was grabbed and I was pulled out of the car.
"Walk straight ahead" my kidnapper instructed
I placed my hand on my head trying to remove the bag. But he slapped my hand away
"I can't see" I pleaded
"That's why I instructed you to walk straight"
I removed my heels, I didn't want to trip over anything. My bare feet dipped into a sandy soil, I kept walking straight and the little stones caused me to slip multiple times. After a long journey, he removed my bag and I saw a decaying building. They pushed me forward and I landed on the floor. My eyes were filled with tears as my arms were yanked behind and my wrists was secured tightly with a rope. My eyes darted around the building there was no exit in sight, it was surrounded with thick bushes. I felt panic growing inside of me, if my body was thrown inside that thick bush no one would even know. But he had said living was my choice. If I cooperated I could live. Maybe they wanted money from Qasim. I wished I hadn't made the trip to the hospital. I would still be at home safe. We waited for whoever had orchestrated my kidnap for many minutes. My body was aching with exhaustion. I heard footsteps and then a deep laugh
"This is so perfect" he said
I tried turning to see who it was and then his features came into view. It was the Senator dressed in a black agbada. My hope withered inside my heart.
He cleared his throat "Remove the tape"
The kidnapper held the end of the tape and peeled it roughly. It was painful, I could taste the blood on my lips.
"We need to have a talk"
A wooden chair was quickly brought for the senator.
Looking directly into my eyes, he said "So I did a background check on you Imagine what I found; just a nobody who climbed to high on a ladder thereby destroying everything. Your presence successfully marred a plan we've laid for the past two years. He was to marry Febisola, he was going to support our political career, indirectly of course. With a Mrs Akinronbi campaigning for our party would bring in more supporters. Because of you, he sealed off the family house, barred me from my own hotels because I was foolish enough to put them in his name and he threatened my associates with what he found about them and none of them wanted to associate with me"
"Please, I will do everything to make it right. I'm begging you, please"
"Of course, you are going to make it right. That's why we are having this conversation"
I nodded, waiting for him to tell me what to do
"You're going to leave him"
"No please. I don't have to leave him. I will talk to him to assist your course, please" I pleaded
He shook his head "I have a better plan. The best plan. You're the one who messed me up by showing up that night. And I will fix it with your death"
Fat, glistening tears rolled down my cheeks. I knew the choices I made brought me to this point and time and now they defined my fate. But I did not make those choices just to die and not enjoy life after being a fighter for too long.
I'm not going to die. Not today. Not soon. I thought about telling him about his grandchild I was carrying but I doubted that would change his black heart.
"I will leave him please don't kill me" I pleaded
He nodded "your death is not necessary. Leaving him will make him vulnerable emotionally. Using emotional warfare is the best tactic for us now. But your death can achieve the same result"
I just continued pleading with my eyes until he chose the option of keeping me alive. My phone was brought to me and a paper that had words that even broke my own heart. My father-in-law put in the voice recorder.
"Make it sound convincing" he instructed
With a shiny gun placed on my forehead, I thought about my unborn child, a chance at living again. But I knew those words would destroy my marriage. They were so close to the truth, with Qasim's distrustful nature he would believe them.
After three attempts, my father-in-law was satisfied with the recording. He played it and was grinning like he held gold. I dissolved in tears listening to that audio, the damage it would cost.
"This is too good. This will ruin his stupid image. I will send them to several magazines and newspapers, by tomorrow it must make headline in their online presences on every social media apps And it will appear in actual prints the day after. It would cause a major scandal, one that would give us ammunition against him. I will be back in power once Senator Adio becomes the governor" he continued to laugh merrily with tears rolling down his cheeks.
With his eyes shinny with tears "Now this is the hardest part. You must not contact him ever again. If I see you show up in Nigeria, you won't even live for 48hours. Qasim can not protect you. Don't do anything stupid, just disappear forever for your own good. Go outside. Two of my men are waiting for you. They will take you to a new country with a new identity"
I was unbound, I stood up slowly and turned my back to them. I remembered the many Nollywood movies I saw where the victim would be told to leave only for the villians to shoot him on his back. I hope this was not it.
I had this uneasiness all day but I thought it had to do with the many meetings I was having with these elderly political men. It seemed nothing would ever change in this country. None of them cared about the ordinary citizens, to gain their supports they were asking for a percentage in a public fund. And the citizens themselves are used to suffering and kept selling their votes for a paltry sum of five thousand naira or less. They don't learn, same old pattern of empowering the rich citizens to continue downgrading the poor citizens. The highest way they would react was by screaming on social media, exchanged insults and expressed their tribal or religious bigotish self. It made my aspirations looked meaningless, I was turned between giving in to the old men demands or dismantling the structures have built in the brotherhood all these years.
I was still considering calling everything off and screw the consequences when my phone rang. I picked up immediately.
"There's a big problem" Tayo said. He sounded agitated and that was unlike him
I straightened. "What's it Tayo?"
"Your wife is missing"
Silence. "Repeat that."
He did.
"Are you joking? Search the whole house" I shouted
"You're not listening. We are not at home. We were at the hospital before she went missing, she was sick this morning." Tayo explained
Twenty minutes later I boarded the private jet and headed to Lagos. I was of no use to everyone in Abuja if all I could think of was my wife.
I took a seat next to the window watching the puffy clouds. Fear and sadness raged in my body and it was becoming difficult not to smash everything I could lay my hands on. Finally the plane landed, it was already late in the evening, around 6pm.
I got to the hospital and found Tayo at the Doctor's office looking disheveled. He approached me.
"Boss I am sorry, I should never have agreed to take her to the hospital. I could have bring a doctor to the house"
I was too worried about my wife to be pissed at anyone. I listened to his explanation.
"So she disappeared when she was heading to the pharmacy. And the pharmacist did not see her?" I asked to confirm everything he said
"Yes. After I didn't see her for ten minutes, I headed straight to the pharmacy and I didn't find her there. No one saw her. So I searched each room and I found this empty store" Dayo pointed to a room
We were already at the hallway when he pushed the room open. It was indeed empty with a backdoor that led to a small gate.
"Did you find anything on the CCTV?" I asked
"Nothing at all. The CCTV is not covering this area" he answered
"And there's no call from home that she's back?" I asked
"None at all" Was his reply.
I took a deep breath, trying to figure out what this could be. It was too perfect to be an attack of opportunity. It was well planned and I knew there won't be a ransome note.
"Who knew you were coming to the hospital?" I turned to Dayo
"No one did. I didn't tell the guards. Just told them we were heading out" he said
And his eyes widened before he shared his thoughts "Do you suspect one of the guards?"
I didn't answer him. I just told him to go home. He opened his mouth as if to argue, but I gave him a warning look. He messed up badly. He should never have taken her to the hospital. He could have brought in thousands of doctors to the house to examine her. I knew I messed up too, I should never have left my wife behind.
I placed a call to the residence in Oshogbo. After few minutes, I got the information I wanted. My father had left home for over a week. I was beginning to have an idea of what happened to my wife.
I headed back to the doctor's office with my phone on record, I locked the door behind me. I had known him for over two decades of cleaning my wounds, stiching me up whenever I needed it which was quite often after I had received beatings from my father. He and my father were buddies and I do not trust anyone who associated themselves with the senator.
"Doc, my wife got missing in your hospital. And that's bad news for you" I said with a sad smile because of what was about to happen. It was going to get messy if he doesn't spill everything he knew.

"It's rather unfortunate. She just received the best of her life. She was excited about her pregnancy" he told me sounding too smart

I managed to get over the shock of my wife's pregnancy. Even with all the condom, God gave me a gift. I focused my attention on the doctor, he was probably trying to throw me off from the obvious reason on why I was here.

"Great news. Do tell doctor, my father put you up to this?" I asked, letting him see he could only get himself out if this with the truth.

He sighed and just resigned "I didn't know this was his plan. He phoned me and said your wife was heading to the hospital, that I should give him a call in case she showed up here. He said he would like to apologise to her for his bad behavior towards her. And I did just that, I gave him a call when she showed up here. I have been calling your father, he hasn't picked my calls"

I was very angry and the good doctor had enough intelligence to back away from me as I approached him. Without even thinking, I gave him a punch in his kidneys. I kept punching him till the sane part of me warned me not to kill him. He doesn't look like the doctor I saw nearly an hour ago. His nose was bloodied, his white shirt was crimson and it looked like he lost a tooth. But he was still alive while my pregnant wife was somewhere scared of her life. If the doctor had told Tayo, we might have a lead right now.
I stormed out of the hospital premisses, I ignored the voice in my head that was telling me one of my guards was a traitor. But I knew better not to trust my own hunch. During my entire adult life I had relied both on my intuition and intellect and what they were telling me right now was one of my guards alerted my father. They must've known my wife was heading to the hospital, they just don't know which one. I quickly called a private investigator who has been working for me for a long time. I explained the situation to him, and told him to check the bank accounts of my guards, their phone calls. He promised to get back to me in the morning. I kept driving around Lagos, there was no telling what my father could do to her. And I was just one man searching the whole of Lagos. I called my father's phone number, it was switched off. My temple was throbbing, it was all my fault. That man should never have lived this long. I should have ended him a long time ago and he wouldn't get the chance to keep screwing my life. I eventually went to the police station and reported the case before I drove back to my guesthouse.

5 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
I woke up the next day with my phone ringing madly beside me on the couch.

10 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by degelinglacis: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
Thank y'all for reading and supporting me.

4 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by enirock(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
'nothing happens to me without my Lords permission'

Destiny always takes its course.

Thanks dagelinglacis for this amazing read. I hole to read other beautiful works from your stables. Thanks for keeping us glued.

3 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Michelle55: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Wow.. Thanks ma'am for this beautiful piece

3 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Ann2012(f): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2020
degelinglacis:
Thank y'all for reading and supporting me.

Thanks for the interesting story

3 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Odoogu(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2020
degelinglacis... thanks for your time. hope we gonna read more from you. be good!

3 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Schlastica16(f): 9:26am On Aug 11, 2020
THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL STORY, MORE INK TO OUR PEN.

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Khriztarl(f): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2020
Finally. Thanks op. You've done well.

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Blackween(f): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2020
God bless you for this wonderful story

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by oyinella(f): 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2020
beautiful story!

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by Excel1405(f): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
Great story it was worth reading �

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by djpaparazzi(f): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2020
Beautiful story. I love it

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by crislyn(f): 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
Awwn this was so sweet likr sugar!

2 Likes

Re: Sugar Binding by skubido(m): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thanks a lot oooooooooo

More of God oooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Will You Marry Me?" - A Christian Short Story... By Oyekunle Lizzy / Monitoring Spirits. / ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.