Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

Grace To The Humble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace To The Humble (138 Views)

Bribe My Angels, If You Want My Grace To Work For You- Pastor To Members (Video) / "God Will Give My Husband Grace To Know What To Do" - Pastor Omodele Fatoyinbo / Pastor Humble Okoro Vs Daddy Freeze: Power Clash That Will Deliver OAP (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grace To The Humble by kpakpandoN(m): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
“The sacrifices of God are broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou will not despise.”
Psalm 51:17

One of the fastest ways to commit spiritual suicide is to believe that you are a giant in the Christian faith. Believe me, there is no giant in Christianity. Man’s righteousness is like a filthy rag before the Most Holy One. Many years ago, during a meditation session at a conference, I fell into a trance in which I found myself among angels. They were all so pure that you could practically see through them; then I looked at myself and I was disgustingly filthy. This was surprising then because I was already a holiness preacher. If anyone had told me I was that dirty, I would have argued with them, but I could see it for myself.

Everyone may see you like a spiritual giant, but don’t be fooled; to God, you are still a baby. Never come before Him stating all your credentials – “I pay my tithe, I preach the gospel, I forgive my neighbour… so Lord, You have to hear me.” That is spiritual pride and God resists the proud (1st Peter 5:5). If anyone owes the other anything, you are the one that owes Him. Tell Him “Lord, please have mercy on me in this area where I need Your intervention. Remember my dedication to your Kingdom and please have mercy on me. “When you pray thus, He responds quickly.

David was a man after God’s heart because he always came humbly before Him. Despite his achievements and feats for God, he never boasted in His presence. He always came seeking mercy. That is the kind of man that God can call “A man after my heart.” You may have done many great and mighty things for God; remember Moses. Even after all he had done for God, he still did not get to the promised land. It is only those who remain babies in the hands of God who can reach the promised land of Heaven. In Matthew 5:3, Jesus said:
Blessed are the poor in Spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Are you humble or proud in spirit?
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grace To The Humble by Openbusiness3: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nice sermon. Check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser. Best quality North America product with warranty

(1) (Reply)

The Book Of Proverbs Chapter 25 / Grieve It, Then Leave It / Your Purpose - Your Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.