Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Why Women Want To Meet In Public & Why Men Need To Respect This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Want To Meet In Public & Why Men Need To Respect This (524 Views)

Guys, If You Want Your Lady To Respect You, Do This. / WOW! You Guys Should Respect This Guy [Picture] / Is this Pride Or Self Respect? This Has Cost Many Guys Their Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Want To Meet In Public & Why Men Need To Respect This by tkgz(m): 3:01am On Jul 12, 2020
Invited your crush over for a little Netflix and Chill, but she insisted on going out? Well, here are the real reasons why women want to meet in public.

As a woman who has been on the dating scene for quite some time, I have always found it curious how guys are so shocked when I insist on meeting in public. Men, stop and consider why women want to meet in public.

Whether it is the first time we’re meeting from a dating app or the third date, so many men seem to not understand where women are coming from in the dating world. I once had a guy say, “What’s the worst that could happen? We don’t get along? At least we’ll learn something.”

The thing is, that isn’t true for most women and some men. Most men can go into a first date, invite a girl over to their place, and think the worst that happens is she doesn’t like me. But, the female perspective here is very different.

[Read: Getting Over Rejection: How to Bounce Back in No Time]

It isn’t about you

Whenever I told a guy I wanted to meet in public and not have him pick me up, he almost always insists. Perhaps it is supposed to be the sign of a gentleman. For many women, it is a red flag.

If I haven’t met you, I don’t want you to know where I live. And it isn’t because I think he is a creep. If I did, I wouldn’t be meeting him.

Women wanting to meet in public isn’t necessarily about not trusting you, it is based on our fear of all men. Yes, not all men are dangerous or creepy, but as women, we must take extra precautions. You would be surprised how many women you know or have dated that carry mace, hold their keys between their fingers in case they need a weapon, and tell multiple people where they are meeting you.

Whenever I went on a date with someone I met online, I made sure to tell multiple people where I’d be, that I’d let them know when I got there, and when I was leaving. And I was sure to give them my date’s full name.

This may seem like overkill to you, but to most women, it is just our way of feeling safe. Whether our conversations are amazing or not, there is always a risk. I once tried to explain this to someone. I said the worst that might happen for you is that we don’t get along, but for me, it could be rape, murder, kidnapping, etc.

He thought I was being paranoid and expected me to trust him when he said, “Well, I’m not a murderer.” As if that isn’t exactly what a murderer would say. Either way it wasn’t about him. [Read: 11 Tips to Fall in Love with Yourself and be a Better YOU]

Anytime I have taken these precautions it hasn’t been because of the guy, but my past experiences, stories from other women, and just the statistics of crimes against women.

I know that it can seem like like a put off when a woman insists on driving herself to a date or doesn’t want to come over for a home-cooked meal, but it has nothing to do with you. Don’t take it personally. If she wasn’t interested, she wouldn’t be going through this to meet you.

This isn’t paranoia or expecting the worst. It is being realistic. Women being attacked by strangers is a real possibility and a real fear. No matter how trustworthy you seem, even if you’ve video-chatted and she knows you’re not cat-fishing her, it doesn’t change the facts.

Women are always at greater risk.

Why women want to meet in public

I’m sure, or at least I hope, you get the gist. Here are a few more details about why women want to meet in public, just in case you think this sort of planning is too much.

#1 1 in 3 women will experience some level of intimate partner violence in their lives.[Read: How to Be Independent & Balance Seeking Help and Being Stubborn]

#2 1 in 7 women have been injured by an intimate partner.

#3 15% of women say they have been involved in a conservation that made them feel uncomfortable while online dating.

#4 57% of online daters have admitted to lying to others.

#5 In the United States, 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner.

Read More https://examprestige.com/why-women-want-to-meet-in-public

Re: Why Women Want To Meet In Public & Why Men Need To Respect This by tobechi74: 3:51am On Jul 12, 2020
noted

(1) (Reply)

No One Is Perfect / Call Of Life: Who Would You Call. / What Do You Think Will Push You To Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.