Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

North Cyprus: Part 2 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus: Part 2 (95890 Views)

My Cousin Came Back From North Cyprus After 5years With Nothing / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by jidoex66(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2020
Goldenbeks:

Could you also please tell me how to get a travel insurance, which company to use and how long it should last
You can use IGI or just check for any insurance company on google depending on your location, you will get it same day.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello,good afternoon guys....I need your candid advices please,I already paid my tuition deposit in a North Cyprus university but I’m not cool anymore in going there. Is it possible for me to reach an agreement with the school to transfer my tuition deposit to another Cyprus school...a southern Cyprus university exactly Since there is no option for refund.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by eazylion01(m): 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
North to transfer funds to south Cyprus? Oyo is your case bro.

5 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Imustreturn(m): 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Goldenbeks:

Could you also please tell me how to get a travel insurance, which company to use and how long it should last
use aiico insurance
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by haroldwilly780: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Flaame:
Hello,good afternoon guys....I need your candid advices please,I already paid my tuition deposit in a North Cyprus university but I’m not cool anymore in going there. Is it possible for me to reach an agreement with the school to transfer my tuition deposit to another Cyprus school...a southern Cyprus university exactly Since there is no option for refund.
.......dz 1 deep small oo
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
haroldwilly780:
.......dz 1 deep small oo
lol....just small
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by danielinyang(m): 4:17am On Sep 05, 2020
Hello good day Sir's please i want to do a bachelor degree in cyprus i want to study law please recommend any cheap university in cyprus that offers law and their tution fees and how to apply thanks all i remain loyal!
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Recent THE global University Ranking

The first list of those awarded full and partial scholarships for PhD program is now announced, so you that have applied can now check your application portal, second list of the FULL/partial scholarship for PhD will be announced 15th Sept, 2020.

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by danielinyang(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dharryedu:

i would recommend Cyprus International University and Near East University, Cyprus. They have an affordable tuition for Law ranging from 1165004.64₦ -1415724.96₦. However, you require the following documents-

Original Ssce Result (Minimum 5 credits including Maths and English)
International passport
Passport photograph
Waec/Neco scratch card.

check my signature for further details.

do they offer scholarship?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Response from Nigerian student President in TRNC regarding recent uproar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bncv83ft_0A

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hey guys,please is TRNC visa the same with South Cyprus visa?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2020
Flaame:
Hey guys,please is TRNC visa the same with South Cyprus visa?

Two different countries... two different visas
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2020
wip7:

Two different countries... two different visas
Wow,please can you check your WhatsApp sir?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 7:14am On Sep 08, 2020
Flaame:
Wow,please can you check your WhatsApp sir?

I have never given WhatsApp or personal number On this forum ....so you might be chatting with a WRONG PERSON...becareful!
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2020
wip7:

I have never given WhatsApp or personal number On this forum ....so you might be chatting with a WRONG PERSON...becareful!
Elder? Isn't that you?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 7:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Flaame:
Elder? Isn't that you?

I manage North Cyprus thread since 2009 (11 years ago) which started in the North Cyprus and now the second North Cyprus thread.

From 2009 till this moment I have never given my number for a chat on WhatsApp neither given my personal number on this forum.

I am not Elder; I am a professor with Eastern Mediterranean University and you can find my posts here with usernames Wip, WIP1.....to WIP7.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 7:45am On Sep 08, 2020
wip7:

I manage North Cyprus thread since 2009 (11 years ago) which started in the North Cyprus and now the second North Cyprus thread.

From 2009 till this moment I have never given my number for a chat on WhatsApp neither given my personal number on this forum.

I am not Elder; I am a professor with Eastern Mediterranean University and you can find my posts here with usernames Wip, WIP1.....to WIP7.

Okay,I'm sorry sir was a mistake. I already have a TRNC visa but I would like to forfeit it and go to the South....so I need a different visa for this,right? And are there better opportunities in the south than in the north?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2020
Flaame:
Okay,I'm sorry sir was a mistake. I already have a TRNC visa but I would like to forfeit it and go to the South....so I need a different visa for this,right? And are there better opportunities in the south than in the north?

You need to get south Cyprus visa to study there or visit there except you are European or national allowed legally to South. If you are from Africa, apply for the visa.

There are opportunities in all countries this will depend on who is searching for the opportunities, what the person calls opportunities and how the persons identify opportunities.

This is based on my experience (I have visited 75 countries).

In 2015; I promised to sponsor my friend and my student summer vacation ...I planned spending max 10,000$ for three of us during these trips.

3 weeks to summer; I asked where they want to go so I can tidy the budget. The lady said she would like to visit Paris or Italy and the guy England or USA ....for me I have not been to many African countries so I decided to visit 5 Eastern African countries. The lady got her Italian visa at TRNC; the guy was denied UK visa but was approved USA visa. They each got 2k from my end and they went for shopping grin and taking all the nicest pictures of tall buildings and all stuffs....

They asked me why am I going to Burundi and Rwanda for a vacation...they convinced me so much ....to cut the story short; I enjoyed quality holiday in those countries, learnt the culture; food and see beyond the media. I spent 10 days in Burundi and I sighted an opportunity where I export their coffee to Europe, Canada etc, first year of export I earned nearly 5000$ as profit and since then till today I export from both Rwanda and Burundi with significant profit.

Currently my student graduated and lives permanently in Canada and working but now very much interested to start import from the same country he asked 5 years ago why I am going there ....anyway we are trying to create our own fast to drink coffee brand to be distributed in Canada and other region.

In summary; what you call opportunities should be specific and must streamline to your own goals.

Best wishes!

4 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2020
wip7:

You need to get south Cyprus visa to study there or visit there except you are European or national allowed legally to South. If you are from Africa, apply for the visa.

There are opportunities in all countries this will depend on who is searching for the opportunities, what the person calls opportunities and how the persons identify opportunities.

This is based on my experience (I have visited 75 countries).

In 2015; I promised to sponsor my friend and my student summer vacation ...I planned spending max 10,000$ for three of us during this trips.

3 weeks to summer; I asked where they want to go so I can tidy th budget. The lady said she would like to visit Paris or Italy and the guy England or USA ....for me I have not been to many African countries so I decided to visit 5 Eastern African countries. The lady got her Italian visa at TRNC; the guy was denied UK visa but was approved USA visa. They each got 2k from my end and they went for shopping grin and taking all the nicest pictures of tall buildings and all stuffs....

They asked me why am I going to Burundi and Rwanda for a vacation...they convinced me so much ....to cut the story short; I enjoyed quality holiday in those countries, learnt the culture; food and see beyond the media. I spent 10 days on Burundi and I sighted an opportunity where I export their coffee to Europe, Canada etc, first year of export I earned nearly 5000$ as profit and since then till today I export from both Rwanda and Burundi with significant profit.

Currently my student graduated and lives permanently in Canada and working but now very much interested to start import from the same country he asked 5 years ago why I am going there ....anyway we are trying to create our own fast to drink coffee brand to be distributed in Canada and other region.

In summary; what you call opportunities should be specific and must streamline to your own goals.

Best wishes!

Clearly, you're very experienced in this and fully know what you are doing,but please how can I get to communicate with on a more private note sir?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 10:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Flaame:
Clearly, you're very experienced in this and fully know what you are doing,but please how can I get to communicate with on a more private note sir?

I pass through the south Cyprus in most cases when am traveling, visit friends there, my family graduated there, I sometimes go eating at the Aussie restaurant there and currently my British cousin runs a business there...personally I think both countries are the same in terms of public opportunities.

On a very positive note; the south being European is opened to European markets; traveling to nearest Europe is cheaper, shipping and collecting imported items are cheaper, more international companies compare to the north. Academic wise; the south have more of colleges than universities which are lower ranked than the north, the south have 2 universities that are often ranked better than EMU while the physical science subjects from the north are the most ranked across both countries. Globally, EMU in the north currently enjoys more visibility due to its increasing research while Cyprus university of Technology and Cyprus university are more ranked than EMU as of 2020.

As student (with study visa) in Cyprus being European countries does not mean you can visit any European countries without applying for visa (many inexperienced travelers think you can just go Germany or France because you are a student there). You can only visit other EU if you have EU passport or Cyprus permanent residency card which is like EU residency card. You can only get the permanent residency after you have lived with temporary permit for 5 years legally.

Foreign students who come to South Cyprus on a Study Visa have to register their stay and get a temporary residence permit upon arrival. They are not allowed to work full-time, and even so, only in certain sectors of employment. And will need to apply for a visa to go to another EU country just like those on the north Cyprus.

If you have lived in south Cyprus with a Temporary Residence Permit for at least 5 years, during which time you did not leave Cyprus for longer than three months. And you must have a work contract that’s either open-duration or for a minimum of 18 months. Then you can apply for permanent residency. For north Cyprus; you have to be on work permit for 6 years before you apply for permanent residency card.

The Permanent Residence Permit allows the holder similar rights to Cypriot citizens, including access to employment and self-employment opportunities, without restrictions and traveling to EU.

In terms of living expenses and studies fee: Due to the Euro currency; south Cyprus is comparably more expensive than the north.

Graduates certificate recognition: The certificates from the reputable universities in both countries are well accepted and recognized ....take note of the bold part.

In terms of Research funding: the south enjoys more funding due to their gateway to the EU and many countries while the north depends largely on Turkish funding. For individual that smarter and more exposed with global connect you can also benefit without the political embargo. Example; I have benefited from UNECOS research grant, British royal society, Horizons grant and related grants even though they seems obscured from the north...my academic profile speaks volume and any profile that speaks volume can get such grants.

In terms of safety; considering my living experience, family experience in other nations and travel experience; I can say both south and north are far safer than many countries in the world including USA for now. Cyprus is a small island with low population that has its own issues economically, politically and infrastructure wise ...on the positive note i have never seen SARS just stopping people on the road and shoot sporadically like they do in some countries, you hardly see police carry gun nor highway arm robbers nor kidnappers ......

The number of embassy are small in the north meaning some visas applicants will need to go to Turkey to apply for them unlike the south that has nearly all the embassy. Applying for visas both in north and south have the same rigour nothing preferential but visa approval rates are higher in both north and south compared to many African countries....

On the other note: both south and north are developing countries with better infrastructure than other developing countries. Their infrastructure are not comparable to those found in USA, CANADA etc both they have working systems far higher than many countries.

If you think North Cyprus is not your idea country and you think south Cyprus is your ideal country...kindly go to the south. Weigh all you wanted, plan your move, read more and make your final decision...

Many people see Some countries let say USA has land of opportunities WHERE they can get rich; I keep wondering if there are so many opportunities while some of these people start scamming, yahooyahoo, fraud and all forms of illegal things like drugs etc in these so called developed nations....are there no jobs or something positive to do? In USA you will see them doing fraud, in Dubai they will be scamming in Cyprus yahoo and drugs...so why ?

My partial conclusions: greed, lack of self worth, criminality embeded in DNA, in ability to be honest naturally, unable to see public and hidden opportunities in each location; poverty-laden background and society some of these people grow up.

BEWARE OF FAKE AGENTS; these ones have no traveling experience, have no practical experience, many are poorly educated, some are educated but lack the ability to be honest just prefer to lie to the students or anybody just to get their service paid.

Beware of what you read over the media; the source is very important and credibility of the source are importanter grin

Also, becareful of what you read on Nairaland being a public forum. Some information are politically, religiously, ethinically, fraudulently written .....as a scientist I don’t just swallow all stuffs online or offline; I do structured literature review to sieve then make informed decisions.

Remember; irrespective of the country you go....you can’t turn to alligator if you are currently a lizard where you are coming from.

Many are doing fine in Africa and finer in Nigeria than some of these developed nations ...all depends on who we are.

Best wishes in whatever decisions you make be it in USA, UK, Australia, South Cyprus etc.

I can be contacted via my email address ONLY...see my signature section.

5 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2020
wip7:

I pass through the south Cyprus in most cases when am traveling, visit friends there, my family graduated there, I sometimes go eating at the Aussie restaurant there and currently my British cousin runs a business there...personally I think both countries are the same in terms of public opportunities.

On a very positive note; the south being European is opened to European markets; traveling to nearest Europe is cheaper, shipping and collecting imported items are cheaper, more international companies compare to the north. Academic wise; the south have more of colleges than universities which are lower ranked than the north, the south have 2 universities that are often ranked better than EMU while the physical science subjects from the north are the most ranked across both countries. Globally, EMU in the north currently enjoys more visibility due to its increasing research while Cyprus university of Technology and Cyprus university are more ranked than EMU as of 2020.

As student (with study visa) in Cyprus being European countries does not mean you can visit any European countries without applying for visa (many inexperienced travelers think you can just go Germany or France because you are a student there). You can only visit other EU if you have EU passport or Cyprus permanent residency card which is like EU residency card. You can only get the permanent residency after you have lived with temporary permit for 5 years legally.

Foreign students who come to South Cyprus on a Study Visa have to register their stay and get a temporary residence permit upon arrival. They are not allowed to work full-time, and even so, only in certain sectors of employment. And will need to apply for a visa to go to another EU country just like those on the north Cyprus.

If you have lived in south Cyprus with a Temporary Residence Permit for at least 5 years, during which time you did not leave Cyprus for longer than three months. And you must have a work contract that’s either open-duration or for a minimum of 18 months. Then you can apply for permanent residency. For north Cyprus; you have to be on work permit for 6 years before you apply for permanent residency card.

The Permanent Residence Permit allows the holder similar rights to Cypriot citizens, including access to employment and self-employment opportunities, without restrictions and traveling to EU.

In terms of living expenses and studies fee: Due to the Euro currency; south Cyprus is comparably more expensive than the north.

Graduates certificate recognition: The certificates from the reputable universities in both countries are well accepted and recognized ....take note of the bold part.

In terms of Research funding: the south enjoys more funding due to their gateway to the EU and many countries while the north depends largely on Turkish funding. For individual that smarter and more exposed with global connect you can also benefit without the political embargo. Example; I have benefited from UNECOS research grant, British royal society, Horizons grant and related grants even though they seems obscured from the north...my academic profile speaks volume and any profile that speaks volume can get such grants.

In terms of safety; considering my living experience, family experience in other nations and travel experience; I can say both south and north are far safer than many countries in the world including USA for now. Cyprus is a small island with low population that has its own issues economically, politically and infrastructure wise ...on the positive note i have never seen SARS just stopping people on the road and shoot sporadically like they do in some countries, you hardly see police carry gun nor highway arm robbers nor kidnappers ......

The number of embassy are small in the north meaning some visas applicants will need to go to Turkey to apply for them unlike the south that has nearly all the embassy. Applying for visas both in north and south have the same rigour nothing preferential but visa approval rates are higher in both north and south compared to many African countries....

On the other note: both south and north are developing countries with better infrastructure than other developing countries. Their infrastructure are not comparable to those found in USA, CANADA etc both they have working systems far higher than many countries.

If you think North Cyprus is not your idea country and you think south Cyprus is your ideal country...kindly go to the south. Weigh all you wanted, plan your move, read more and make your final decision...

Many people see Some countries let say USA has land of opportunities WHERE they can get rich; I keep wondering if there are so many opportunities while some of these people start scamming, yahooyahoo, fraud and all forms of illegal things like drugs etc in these so called developed nations....are there no jobs or something positive to do? In USA you will see them doing fraud, in Dubai they will be scamming in Cyprus yahoo and drugs...so why ?

My partial conclusions: greed, lack of self worth, criminality embeded in DNA, in ability to be honest naturally, unable to see public and hidden opportunities in each location; poverty-laden background and society some of these people grow up.

BEWARE OF FAKE AGENTS; these ones have no traveling experience, have no practical experience, many are poorly educated, some are educated but lack the ability to be honest just prefer to lie to the students or anybody just to get their service paid.

Beware of what you read over the media; the source is very important and credibility of the source are importanter grin

Also, becareful of what you read on Nairaland being a public forum. Some information are politically, religiously, ethinically, fraudulently written .....as a scientist I don’t just swallow all stuffs online or offline; I do structured literature review to sieve then make informed decisions.

Remember; irrespective of the country you go....you can’t turn to alligator if you are currently a lizard where you are coming from.

Many are doing fine in Africa and finer in Nigeria than some of these developed nations ...all depends on who we are.

Best wishes in whatever decisions you make be it in USA, UK, Australia, South Cyprus etc.

You're do AMAZING!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Flaame(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2020
wip7:

Signature section I don't know where or how.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
PCR Test center: ABUJA

Those traveling via Abuja airport can also use that if the results will be available in a short time.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Desjen: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hi, is 54gene not a COVID-19 Testing Centre in Abuja?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Mahmuday123: 5:07am On Sep 10, 2020
Please what is the difference between NC and SC in terms of their environment how it looks and their weather

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2020
Wetin Musa no go see for gate grin grin

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by eazylion01(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2020
The kind of questions people ask here. Now I see why agents are cashing out big time. How do you intend to cope in a foreign land when u can’t do any research?

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2020
eazylion01:
The kind of questions people ask here. Now I see why agents are cashing out big time. How do you intend to cope in a foreign land when u can’t do any research?

I wonder ooooo....very soon someone will ask the difference between air and gutter in SC and NC grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (52) (Reply)

Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.