Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (38968 Views)

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris / Meet The World's Tallest People (photos) / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ajstyles01:

she dnt use to speak it at home

nd am in love with that language
Ejaaaarr! But can only learn it if u stay in de community.If not so,it will be difficult.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sammysneh(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Lol, nice having you around here oniovo
what section do you frequent, coz i haven't come across this monker b4
Romance and politics,
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by SmartPolician: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
alwayssparkling:
my tribe.

we will rise and gain relevance globally, not because of culture but because of pace setting.

I once dated an Urhobo girl

That babe was so loving, hard-working, caring and beautiful

But I got worried when I learned that the Urhobos don't bury the corpse of their wives in their husbands' hometowns

Sincerely, I didn't like that. It was as though I was just borrowing their daughter to bear kids for me.

Anyways, we broke up when I moved to Lagos and she refused to join me because she is a single mom.

We are still friends and talk till date. I will never forget the way she makes me delicious Banga soup

Migwo! grin

4 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sammysneh(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
mhizv:

Okay cool.
where are u from in ughelli north
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by mhizv(f): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
sammysneh:

where are u from in ughelli north

cry

Ododegho

Yeah many people don't know it,and always have this confused look.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Revolva(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
But why are urhobos people too funny and trikish

I tell you almost all of them I know I get tired of them easily

No wonder they keep calling them Wayo people

3 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by infinito1990(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
All urhobo citizens in nairaland pls let know ourselves with this thread. I rep the entire Urhobo nation. I'm from all. Where you from?

Udu

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Urhobo wadoooooo!!!
oniovo egwuono!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Bennylicious(f): 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
Proudly Urhobo(Okpe).

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sharone21(f): 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, if i see fine urhobo lady i go marry i consider them edo than some other edo tribe in edo North .....

Afemai & Aghenebo make good husbands.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by enoch273: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
The pictures are so surreal, the dance moves are also beautiful.

Meanwhile, if you're among those who believe in staying up to achieve your dreams, then FCMB has got you covered, and are here to help you achieve your dreams and also reach your full potentials. #DoSomethingEpic today simply by clicking the link below to find out how.

https://fcmb.com/epic

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
alwayssparkling:
my tribe.

we will rise and gain relevance globally, not because of culture but because of pace setting.

You're A Prophet.. Nice One Oniovo
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gerizzim: 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
sharone21:

Are u afemai just like me?

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by otokx(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
My people, my people.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Revolva:
But why are urhobos people too funny and trikish

I tell you almost all of them I know I get tired of them easily

No wonder they keep calling them Wayo people

Nor Be only funny and trickish u see talk? abeg what tribe are u from, make i see whether una list long pass our own

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
infinito1990:
All urhobo citizens in nairaland pls let know ourselves with this thread. I rep the entire Urhobo nation. I'm from all. Where you from?

Udu

Wow!!! Onivo, Nice having you around. I Rep Okpe And Ughelli North...
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2020
Efewestern:
The Ema dance is a powerful dance by the Urhobo people that involves moving the entire body especially the hands and legs.

The dance is one featured on special occasions such as when a king is being crowned or when a man gets a chieftaincy title or during a festive day.

The Dance is unique to the Urhobo people.

Uhorbo men can be tall and lanky... As in they'll now be bent over due to much height.

Urhobo wado grin

3 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

I have dated an Urhobo girl

That babe was so loving, hard-working, caring and beautiful

But I got worried when I learned that the Urhobos don't bury the corpse of their wives in their husbands' hometowns

Sincerely, I didn't like that. It was as though I was just borrowing their daughter to bear kids for me.

Anyways, we broke up when I moved to Lagos and refused to join me because she is a single mom. We are still friends and talk till date. I will never forget the way she makes me delicious Banga soup

Migwo! grin

Chai!!! Faka Soup, better catfish and usi .. DiarizGod Oh!!!
grin
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
sharone21:

Yea dey are but, urhobo looks more edo than them tho, dey look so culturally mixed by yoruba, igala, hausa and edo

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by wendy: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
I am an expert in Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Eulalia:

Uhorbo men can be tall and lanky... As in they'll now be bent over due to much height.

Urhobo wado grin

I swear una dey chop height come life

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sammysneh(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
mhizv:

cry
Ododegho
Yeah many people don't know it,and always have this confused look.
OK, I don't know there but I will ask my dad
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
Eulalia:

Urhobo wado grin

Chai.. you're wickedt gan.. urhobo men bashing yaff start oh. grin grin
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by horchukoh(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
proudly urhobo too. I am from abraka,Ethiope East LGA. I was born in sapele but grew up in South West Nigeria. I understand urhobo very well but not so fluent at speaking it. I am always happy when I see posts about our culture and our people making us proud here on nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Cypherfx: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nice write up
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Yea dey are but, urhobo looks more edo than them tho, dey look so culturally mixed by yoruba, igala, hausa and edo

You're Right!! and we dont deny our benin Origin too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by mhizv(f): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
sammysneh:

OK, I don't know there but I will ask my dad

Okay no p
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bennylicious:
Proudly Urhobo(Okpe).
Wow.. what part of Okpe are you from?
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Reference(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
yanabasee1:
Our culture, Our heritage......

....and our tribalism leading to ethnic superiority.... leading to sectionalism.... leading to nepotism.... leading to corruption.... leading to suffering.... while the feudal lords dance.

There is nothing to celebrate about culture and tradition in Africa. It is a curse.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Sirchef: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Roon9:
Urhobo mena wink
ovuovo
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Efewestern Your thread don knack FP oh, where u dey? Uwvie 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aminu Sanusi Lamido Marries Zainab Ali Bashir (Photos) / African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo: "Banky W Cancer Should Come And Afflict Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.