Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (38881 Views)

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris / Meet The World's Tallest People (photos) / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Divay22(f): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
Or when a chief is about to be buried

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by PrinceMajestic: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Its good you posted this thread during time of our festive month. You didn't add that the "Ema" dance is only for Royalties only. When a king is to be coronated, when the king gives titles and when the king perform his yearly festive rituals to his predecessors (spirits of kings) so on these days kings dances EMA together with his princes and princesses and his Chiefs. No commoner dances EMA dance if a commoner dances it the spirits dances it with the commoner and that will make the commoner dance into land of the dead but royalties dance it together with the great spirits except for entertainment after necessary rituals to Spirits of Kings Mind u nobody can dance EMA dance with their cap on the head except the dance is outside the palace. I invite y'all for our festival this month.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Bahamas95(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
Roon9:
Urhobo mena wink
Ovuovo!

7 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
doctore212:
I need the contact of 2 Oloshos tonight
Have some decency angry

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mraproko1: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
[quote author=Cantonese post=91676608]The entire people of Delta state are the best dancers in the world. Is there any disagreement?[/quote

No sir

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Emu4u2c: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
sexy and urhobo girl no suppose Dey the same sentence
You sure ?
Urhobo girls get fine body and nice ass.
Na fine face scarce for urhobo.
I be urhobo pikin come beat me for udu road.

8 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Iskra: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
Urhobo waado...me sagware

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Divay22(f): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
Roon9:
Urhobo mena wink
Ovuovo

4 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Drienzia: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ihwo mé

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by omojesu202(m): 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
doctore212:
I need the contact of 2 Oloshos tonight

Where your base?
Too much money
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
sexy and urhobo girl no suppose Dey the same sentence

Lol, my village people nor go fit kill me with laff

You're right that's why i find it funny
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ajstyles01:
Were my mum came from

i wish i can see sum1 dat wuld teach me urhobo language
Ur Mum supposed teach u nah.

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by JomoGbomo1Akpos: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Roon9:
Urhobo mena wink

Ovo ovo oooo

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by loadedvibes: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
Urbobo wado..

Anyway come and buy kids Educational Tablets for your children to help them stay ahead of their peers view my profile now
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by JomoGbomo1Akpos: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
Proudly Urhobo.

This dance was introduced by Prince Ugboze, my ancestor, the founder of Olomu kingdom.

5 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by PrinceMajestic: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
All urhobo citizens in nairaland pls let know ourselves with this thread. I rep the entire Urhobo nation. I'm from all. Where you from?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ajstyles01:
Were my mum came from

i wish i can see sum1 dat wuld teach me urhobo language

Some of us wey two side na Urhobo nọ dey speak sef despite growing up in the heart of Urhobo land in Ughele...

There are some YouTube vids.. But I'm currently using Jehovah's Witnesses materials to aid my learning. Especially my ability to Read Urhobo

4 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by PrinceMajestic: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
JomoGbomo1Akpos:
Proudly Urhobo.

This dance was introduced by Prince Ugboze, my ancestor, the founder of Olomu kingdom.
take am easy. Ema dance belong to Spirits of kings
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Enyoo: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
Call this slim one Jessica 09021468697
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Apination(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
My favourite dance, this brings back some fond memories. Who no get power or never chop well, make e no go attempt am o, it will end in the hospital grin

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by J3da: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
Urhobo me na, Ovovo grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
Its good you posted this thread during time of our festive month. You didn't add that the "Ema" dance is only for Royalties only. When a king is to be coronated, when the king gives titles and when the king perform his yearly festive rituals to his predecessors (spirits of kings) so on these days kings dances EMA together with his princes and princesses and his Chiefs. No commoner dances EMA dance if a commoner dances it the spirits dances it with the commoner and that will make the commoner dance into land of the dead but royalties dance it together with the great spirits except for entertainment after necessary rituals to Spirits of Kings Mind u nobody can dance EMA dance with their cap on the head except the dance is outside the palace. I invite y'all for our festival this month.

Ema dance would be called pounded yam dace in benin.....

Truly truly he fit be that's why the men dey dance like dat even spirit dey chop pounded yam

3 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Na muscle dem dey take do the dance? Even the women too dey showcase muscle. shocked

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Joshuamilarge(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Urhobo!!! Ovuovo

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
We have gotten to frontpage atlast Oniovo Doooh..

3 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
Emu4u2c:
You sure ?
Urhobo girls get fine body and nice ass.
Na fine face scarce for urhobo.
I be urhobo pikin come beat me for udu road.

Dem nor fine i dey see dem for benin self, thier yansh strong and small, dem black pass charcoal

And dem nor sabi speak English na only delta igbo ladies fine, even our benin ladies wen nor too fine na beauty pageant for were urhobo girl dey

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by PrinceMajestic: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Ema dance would be called pounded yam dace in benin.....

Truly truly he fit be that's why the men dey dance like dat even spirit dey chop pounded yam
you know everything. When ever the king dances it there must be enough punded yam mixed with all that sweet stuff. (Food for the Spirits) but I eat it with the Spirits on these days. Only royalties know the secret mystery behind the dance. You either dance to your doom or glory. It's only for Royalties and the honourable spirits and its a dance specifically presented to Spirits of past Kings

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
PrinceMajestic:

Well Said Oniovo

Cc majorovakporaye

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Mystiquefia: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
All urhobo citizens in nairaland pls let know ourselves with this thread. I rep the entire Urhobo nation. I'm from all. Where you from?

Oviri Okpe.. Okpe Local Government

Frathermathy
Sanchez01
Greatchizzy
Efe2real
Ovisfranko
Iriruga100
Clint02
Coputa
Nowpresence
Jasonjidenna
MissEfe
IghravweIG
Ovieigho

4 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Openbusiness3: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Urhobo wa doooo! grin Check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser. Best quality North America product with warranty
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by jayaim: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
I love 9ja Delta's culture especially Delta & Rivers & Benin. Very rich culture

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by spencekat(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
Cantonese:
The entire people of Delta state are the best dancers in the world. Is there any disagreement?
They are good comedians too.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Marries Zainab Ali Bashir (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.