Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,259 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai (1270 Views)

2023 Presidency: Ndume Rejects Lawan, Says It’s Turn Of The South / Presidency: It Is The Turn Of North Central, Says Saraki / Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by OdumegwuOjukwu: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

grin grin then Tinubu and south West should also play on Igbo intelligence by openly supporting Igbo and South East Presidency in 2023

Sense no go kee you my brother. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by dynicks(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
An elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, has declared unequivocally that it should be the turn of the Igbo to produce the next President of Nigeria in 2023.

Yakasai based his declaration on the logic that other regions and zones in the country, except the Igbo of the South-east, had produced the country's president.

Yakasai, in an interview that was monitored on Arise News, a sister broadcast arm of THISDAY Newspapers, however, reminded the Igbos that it is their duty to go out and convince other Nigerians to join them to realise their aspiration to produce the country's president next time around.

He said: "Nigeria had three major blocks. Two of these three namely, the North and the West have had the opportunity of producing the President.

Therefore, Igbos have a good argument because out of the three siblings, two have already succeeded at producing the President but the Igbos have not.

"They (the Igbo) deserve the sympathy of all Nigerians for them to get it in 2023 or later. My opinion is that this is not a matter that one will lie down and think that it will come to him. Effort is needed. How do you go about it? This can only be done by persuasion to convince other Nigerians about the need for an Igbo to emerge the President of Nigeria.

"I for one - I am in support of it. I did it before in the era of NPN (National Party of Nigeria) when we had the arrangement that the next president after late President Shehu Shagari would come from the East. We would have settled this problem long ago if not for the military intervention.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202001210763.html
The bolded cheesy....see soft touch paroles.. this man trying to familiarize affection to the igbos should in case the igbo presidential agenda doesn't
workout, they(the igbos) would then see reasons to vote for him should he declare interest...lol....

Believe you me, this man would declare intentions to contest for presidency come 2023...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by OdumegwuOjukwu: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

But they would support yorubas after giving them half vote

After sowore tried to remove buhari

After fayose publications

After ffk attack

After afenifere attacks on the north

After amuota what ever u guys formed

Name one leading Igbo politician that have attacked the north

You are nothing but a hypocrite

Don't mind those hateful folks. Always shouting Igbos have insulted Hause Fulani, but they can't mention a single Igbo leader when asked to. They are not just hypocrites, they hate mongers. Fear them!
Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by proeast(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
An elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, has declared unequivocally that it should be the turn of the Igbo to produce the next President of Nigeria in 2023.

Yakasai based his declaration on the logic that other regions and zones in the country, except the Igbo of the South-east, had produced the country's president.

Yakasai, in an interview that was monitored on Arise News, a sister broadcast arm of THISDAY Newspapers, however, reminded the Igbos that it is their duty to go out and convince other Nigerians to join them to realise their aspiration to produce the country's president next time around.

He said: "Nigeria had three major blocks. Two of these three namely, the North and the West have had the opportunity of producing the President.

Therefore, Igbos have a good argument because out of the three siblings, two have already succeeded at producing the President but the Igbos have not.

"They (the Igbo) deserve the sympathy of all Nigerians for them to get it in 2023 or later. My opinion is that this is not a matter that one will lie down and think that it will come to him. Effort is needed. How do you go about it? This can only be done by persuasion to convince other Nigerians about the need for an Igbo to emerge the President of Nigeria.

"I for one - I am in support of it. I did it before in the era of NPN (National Party of Nigeria) when we had the arrangement that the next president after late President Shehu Shagari would come from the East. We would have settled this problem long ago if not for the military intervention.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202001210763.html

You're right Alhaji Yakasai. However, it is in the interest of those that want Nigeria to remain to fight for Igbo presidency. Majority of Igbos have lost faith in Nigeria due to years of injustice and entrenched bias by the central government against them. When a particular perception takes hold, it will take some time to reverse it. Igbos now largely percieve Nigeria as a state that is perennially working against their interest. They are now seeing Biafra as a better alternative which is not impossible to achieve (even though it may take some time). To a people with such mindset, they would not have that passion to pursue a presidency they do not believe in.

Now, it is your own duty, I mean you and every other person that do not desire to see Nigeria break-up to mobilize, campaign and advocate for Igbo presidency.

If you look deeply, you will discover that Igbos will largely want to remain in Nigeria if they're treated right. They've invested billions of dollars in other parts of Nigeria and for them to be willing to risk all that investments to seek for break-up shows the extent of what they have suffered in Nigeria.

It is up to you one Nigerianists to fight for Igbo presidency.
Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by sesan85(m): 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
LaboPolitics:

You go cry tire omo jibiti grin

yoruba presidency you no go see... grin

Oduduwa republic...for where?

Restructuring ooo. Who sai?

Sebi you yorubas only love nigeria when the East is undermined. Una go see one nigeria tire, na una go run.

Come collect presidency make we see. We dey kampe.. grin

grin

Whatever, Osu Boy! Just go and be President in Biafla, end of.
Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by sesan85(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Igbochief001:
Sure na .. we for vote betraya awolowo ?
You couldn't even vote for the ugly hippopotamus Ojukwu, lol.
Re: Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai by naptu2: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Destruction Of Property In Port Harcourt / Tell Us Where Buhari Failed / We Begged People To Buy Oil At $9 – NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.