Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

My Bitter-sweet Escapade - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Bitter-sweet Escapade (571 Views)

Novel - Bitter Perceptions / Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge / Love With Bitter Tears 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter-sweet Escapade by Layze(m): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2020
Hello guys, my name's Abdullah. I'm not actually new here but this is my first post on this forum.
I do write ups and creative, fictional stories. I call it FeedYourMindSeries - because I sometimes write on morals, virtues and ethics too.

I hope you guys will find this interesting. smiley[color=#990000][/color]

[center]MY BITTER-SWEET ESCAPADES

This is my third day at the hospital. I’ve always heard stories of wicked and unkind nurses, but I have never encountered one before. Since my three days here, I’ve met a ton of them. The way they smile at you while still inflicting pain on you is annoying – almost as if they are mocking you. Some of them will insert injection so swift into your skin that you won’t have any option than to curse them under your breath. They made my stay at the hospital a hellish one!
I’ve been diagnosed with gonorrhea, STD and mild malaria. I was shocked when I was told: how on earth can only one person be diagnosed with three different illnesses? I have been going through hell since I got here; my mouth is bitter, I have lost my appetite, everything and everyone is pissing me off. I have always hated hospital and my hatred grew every passing minutes. I thought back to how I got here and I don’t even know if I should be grateful or regretful.
The doctor has been telling me to thank my stars but I don’t know; I’m very confused right now. You are probably wondering what happened right? Don’t worry I will tell you in details – probably you can tell me if I should be happy or not.

It all started about three months ago. I just moved to a new neighbourhood with my wife. The new area is calm and serene unlike our former place. Our house itself is a storey building with four flats; our own flat is at the upper floor: a three-bedroom flat. The first two weekends in our new house was busy – family, friends and neighbours were trooping in to congratulate and welcome us. On the third weekend, my wife and I were practically happy because we haven’t got any call during the week from any family or friend about an impending visit. We had even planned to go out by Saturday evening to celebrate; things were all set – until Titi called that Saturday morning.
Titi is my wife’s best friend; they’ve been friends ever since their University days. Their bond is so tight that even after they both got married, they still remained really close. She called to inform us that she’s coming to see one of her clients in our area and she will come over after her meeting – Titi owns a big fashion store. I started feeling nervous immediately my wife told me she’s coming. My nervousness isn’t because she’s just spoilt our weekend plan; it’s because of something more significant: Titi is too beautiful.

It’s the first thing I noted when my wife introduced her to me years back when we were still courting. I’ve always admire and lust after her in my mind; I’ve never been comfortable whenever she’s around; but I have always try not to let all these appear in my expression or in my relation with her. She’s very pretty; I always wished I had met her first or that I don’t love my wife as much as I do.
For all my feeling and lust for her, I prefer marrying my wife instead of her. My wife is beautiful, although not up to Titi’s level, but that’s not all she’s got. She’s smart, intelligent, loving, caring and kind. One greatest skill I love most about her is her problem-solving ability. She has a knack for uncovering puzzles and complex problem; she has a good forecast skill; she’s also a good lie detector (although I had successfully deceived her on one or two occasions, but that is a rare occurrence).

Titi came by 2:30pm and after discussing generally with the two women for about thirty minutes, I left the sitting room for them and went into my room. I heaved a sigh of relief immediately I entered – I was really uncomfortable in the sitting room. Titi was putting on a pink gown that afternoon and it blended well with her skin, I struggled all through to take my eyes off her legs as I sat opposite her. My wife sat beside her. Titi was really beautiful and I couldn’t get full control of myself. I’m very sure I would have lost myself if I haven’t taken excuse and ran into my bedroom.
I now sat on the bed and busied myself with phone calls chatting with friends and colleagues. After about forty minutes, my wife popped in to tell me that her friend is going. I jumped up happily and went with her to the sitting room; I asked Titi to greet her husband and bade her farewell.
I was about to turn back when my wife mentioned those sentences that started all these problems:
“Titi’s car broke down on the way and she can’t get it back till tomorrow. Can you help her to the nearest bus-stop to her house? You know I can’t handle the car very well”
If I had been told earlier what those simple sentences would cause in my life, I would have said no a hundred times. I looked at my wife with a pleading eyes and she didn’t seem to grasp the situation I was in. she smiled and planted a kiss on my cheek and bade us goodbye. I walked solemnly to the table and picked up my car key. I turned and smiled my best smile at Titi and led the way to the door.
I tested the engine of my car and we got going. The bus-stop I was supposed to drop her is very close to her place; she only needs to enter a bike to take her home. The drive from our house to the bus-stop is just a twenty minutes ride. Guys, that twenty minutes will change my life forever!

I don’t want to go into details of how it happened or the events that led to it, but come the following Friday, I and Titi went to an eatery for our first date after we both left our respective place of work. We started going out after afterwards.

I was really scared of my wife at first and what it might do to our marriage; but it seems the more time I spent alone with Titi the more my sense of reasoning is being clouded: this lady is too charming. We couldn’t see ourselves often because of our respective spouses; but mostly because of my wife. We are both aware of her intelligence and smartness. After seeing each other secretly for one month, we decided to spend a day or two together in a hotel. Titi already planned how she’s going to deal with her own husband but the bane of our plan is my wife; we need to come up with a master plan to outwit her.
We both started brainstorming. By Thursday of the week we planned to enjoy ourselves, I came up with the plan. You want to know? Well, it’s not hard. I spoke with my friend Dan about my situation; Dan is a loyal friend and a very close one – I can’t hide things from him. He advised me against it but still agreed to help me out. Dan happens to know a policeman who works in one of the police stations around.
He called the police and explained to him, the man agreed and after negotiating, I paid him fifteen thousand naira. The plan goes thus: immediately after leaving work on Friday evening, I and Titi will meet at one big hotel in the city. We shall remain there for two days. Throughout our stay over there, my own phone shall be switched off while that of Titi’s shall be available. My wife won’t be able to reach me and I was very sure she won’t call her friend – my wife doesn’t like discussing family matter with anyone no matter how close she is with the person.
Titi will keep her phone on just in case her husband wants to speak with her to avoid any suspicions. By Sunday afternoon, we will leave the hotel and Titi will go to her house. I will then head to the police station and will be locked up in one cell; then my wife’s number will be called. When she arrives, they shall tell her I was arrested while leaving a supermarket due to wrong identity. The officer that arrested me hadn’t look closely and thought I was a fraudster they’ve been looking for.
The D.P.O was not around so they couldn’t release me when I got to the station that Friday. I already informed them that my wife is educated and may want to press charges; they have to be as sorry as possible so that she can forgive them.

Well, the plan was very successful! I couldn’t believe I pulled that off. I called Titi immediately I had the chance to inform her of our success; she was equally elated. I asked if there’s any problem at her end and I got a positive reply. Things went well after all.
After our first weekend together, I couldn’t stop thinking about Titi. The lust seems to be growing stronger on me. I knew I should stop now but I just don’t want to; her charm and beauty won’t allow me. The fact that I successfully outwitted my wife also buoyed me. After another three weeks of secret meetings again, Titi and I decided to have another weekend to ourselves.
We thought and thought and planned meticulously. We were able to orchestrate another grand plan and guess what, it worked too! I was crazy with excitement, I was enjoying life more. Even my love for my wife never faded, it kept growing stronger. I showed her more attention and care; I wasn’t ready to lose Titi so I played my role as a husband very well. I don’t want to raise any suspicions in my wife because I know how smart she is.

My friend Dan has tried to talk me out of continuing with my affairs but I don’t give it a second thought. After another four weeks of hide and seek with Titi, we decided enough is enough; we are going to have a full three days to ourselves. We planned to stay at the hotel from Friday evening till Monday morning; we chose a perfect week.
I was going on leave soon so we chose the weekend of the last week I will go to work before my leave commences. That Friday, I hid two clothes and some shorts into my briefcase as I prepared for work in the morning, my wife hadn’t noticed: she was preparing for work too and was preoccupied with her make-up.
Titi and I had come up with another grand plan and this one was sure as death. I was really excited throughout the day. By 5:30pm, I left my office and went to the eatery around my office to first spend some time. I drank some juice and called Titi, she told me she’s on her way to the hotel already – we had chosen a more expensive hotel this time. I waited for a full forty-five minutes before heading out and driving to the hotel.

I collected the key to our room from the reception and headed to the room. Titi came to answer the door and I stood transfixed in front of the door when I saw her. She was dangerously beautiful that evening. She was wearing only a small top and shorts and her skin radiated. I looked at her from head to toe and was almost lost in awe: her lips, her laps, her skin, her scent, her chest; how could someone be this beautiful?
She laughed and dragged me in. I looked around the room and was amazed at the size and its elegance; we are going to have a wonderful weekend, I was sure.

We had so much fun during our stay there. I never for once thought about anything except the woman sharing the room with me. I never even worried about my wife or even about the plan like I always do whenever we go on weekends like this. I was very certain about our plan and Titi was certain too.
Our plan this time was pretty expensive. Titi had spoken to one of her clients who happen to have a husband who’s a doctor. We had reached out to the doctor and arranged with him about what we want him to do. The doctor had needed lots of persuasions and talk; it cost me fifty thousand naira to get him to cooperate and he even demanded additional fifteen thousand naira if the plan want well. He made me to sign an agreement.
I was annoyed with him at first at what I thought is extortion but the annoyance didn’t last long; the thoughts of what I and Titi are going to do didn’t allow me to think much.

The agreement was that by Monday morning after our mini-honeymoon, I will go to the hospital and will be given some sleeping drug so that I would fall into deep sleep. Then by afternoon, the doctor will call my wife and inform her that I fell seriously ill on Friday on my way from work and someone rescued me before I could have an accident. He would tell her I am suffering from a chronic typhoid and that had led to me losing consciousness and I almost crashed my car.
They couldn’t reach anybody because my phone was badly crushed and they couldn’t find my sim card. It was when I woke up that I told them my wife’s number and that’s how they were able to reach her. That was the plan; it was carefully outlined and we all understood our role.

I had amazing experience with Titi and we were already planning our next outing; she was even suggesting we go out of the country since I’m on leave now. We were excited and wished we had married each other instead. We wished the weekend won’t come to an end.
By Monday morning, I woke up with a slight headache. I looked at the time it was almost 10am – we had slept really late the previous night. Titi was taking her bath already. She came out and told me she didn’t want to disturb me; she received a call that morning from one of her clients and she has to rush down there as soon as possible. She quickly dressed up and we kissed goodbye.
I went to the bathroom and took my bath too. After eating and dressing up I looked up and saw that it’s 11:45 already. I checked out of the hotel and went to my car. The headache was still throbbing me and I started feeling pain in the lower part of my stomach. I didn’t know my body was warning me about the impending problems.

I got to the hospital by past twelve and went straight to the doctor’s office; he shook my hand and called a nurse. They took me to a room in the upper floor and I almost gag with the smell of medicines and blood which smelled strongly in the room. The doctor explained that they just transferred a patient suffering from a very chronic disease from that room into another room earlier in the morning. I consoled myself that it’s just for a few hours because the plan was that I would be discharged that evening.
I thought of telling the doctor about my headache and the pain in my stomach but I thought better of it: I can’t bear an extra hour in this place. The doctor left with the nurse and I lay on the bed after removing my shirt. I kept resisting the urge of switching on my phone; the doctor already has my wife’s number so there’s no need to switch it on. After waiting endlessly, a middle-aged nurse strode into the ward I was staying.
She was different from the one whom the doctor was brought with him earlier. She said good afternoon without looking up. She was busy with the syringe and needle she was holding as she prepared to give me injection. She grabbed me suddenly and turned me over like a lifeless tool and before I could say jack, the needle pierced into my buttocks.
I almost cried out but I controlled myself and kept my cool. She gave me some drug afterwards and left my ward after murmuring “sleep and rest well o”.
I lay back and rested my head on the pillow. Soon after the headache increased; I felt like my head was going to burst. I noticed my temperature was going down and I felt like vomiting. I endured it bravely for few minutes before finally giving up and was rising up to call the doctor when I slumped back and went unconscious.

I don’t know for sure how long I was unconscious; all I knew was that I woke up to and noticed that something was tied to my right hand; my throat was very dry and I felt really weak. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around; it took me a while to come to terms with where I was. I tried to move my left hand and I felt a sharp pain, I looked up and I was confused: I was on drip! Everywhere smelt of drugs. Then I heard footsteps and the door of my ward opened. I quickly closed and pretended like I wasn’t awake.
The footsteps walked to the top of my bed and I knew immediately. I wished I could die at that moment. It was my wife – I could perceive her scent.
She walked around to the side of my bed and I heard the doctor’s voice too “don’t worry madam, he will get better soon. We’re lucky we detected it earlier else it could have been worse.” They had assumed I was still unconscious; I didn’t dare open my eyes. After a while, they left. Reality dawned on me afterwards: I had forgotten about the events that brought me here when I woke up because I was very confused and tired; but my wife’s presence and the doctor’s statement reminded me of everything.

I remembered everything vividly and I felt bitter; I don’t even know how I will face my wife. I was still confused and I needed explanation. After a while, a nurse walked in to check on me and when she saw that I was already conscious she left immediately. My wife came back a few minutes later and looked at me; she didn’t say a word. Then the doctor also walked in with my friend Dan, and that was when I knew I was done for.
The doctor, in a soft voice, dropped the double bombshell: first, I have been diagnosed with gonorrhea, STD and mild malaria; and second, my wife is already aware of everything. Apparently the doctor wasn’t good at lying and had baulked under pressure from my wife – he had eventually spilled the beans.
My throat was dry and heavy. I wanted to ask how the disease came about if it was part of the plan or it was real; I wanted to ask Dan a lot of questions but I couldn’t. I avoided looking at my wife even when she was thanking the doctor for saving my life. They left my ward shortly.

At night, food was brought to me by a young nurse. Her height and complexion reminded me of Titi; I looked away as she dropped the food on the table beside me and left. I wondered what’s going on with Titi. I don’t even know if I should loathe her now or pity her. After I finished eating, the doctor brought my medicine himself.

He told me he was going home. He now explained everything to me: he instructed a nurse to give me the sleeping injection as agreed but the nurse had to attend to an emergency. Then some new nurses whose shift starts in the afternoon resumed work. One of them was asked to give injection to the chronic patient who was formerly staying in the ward I am currently. The nurse didn’t know the patient has been shifted to another ward and she didn’t really recognize him because she wasn’t around when he was admitted.
She was the one who gave me the injection. The injection reacted negatively to my system and it was what made me unconscious. However, the doctor told me that when they conducted a test on me they discovered I was also suffering from some diseases. He told me to thank my stars because apparently the STD has grown and would have worsened if I had spent another day or two without curing it. He said it would have been very bad. I also had gonorrhea and malaria.
He had called my wife immediately and had tried to use the stories we planned but she had caught him right away and was almost causing a scene; he had no choice but to spill the beans. The doctor now told me to be happy for my health because another delay would have caused more complication. I looked at him and his serious expression and I was almost thanking my stars. But then I thought about my wife and the little happiness faded.

I AM CONFUSED RIGHT NOW – SHOULD I BE GRATEFUL FOR MY HEALTH OR MY REGRETFUL FOR MY ACTIONS??

IS MY ESCAPADES A BLESSING OR A CURSE?
WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO MY MARRIAGE?

Feed Your Mind
© 2020
Re: My Bitter-sweet Escapade by ceeceeuwa: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
Story! story!
Re: My Bitter-sweet Escapade by Ann2012(f): 4:50am On Jul 14, 2020
Since you planned your way into cheating, you can also plan your way to save your marriage grin

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter-sweet Escapade by Odoogu(m): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2020
Ann2012 is very right. you are the master planner, do your thing and save your marriage grin morals taught and noted. thank you

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Resurgence, A Poem Of Friendship, By Pat Ashinze / Freelance Advert Executives Wanted / Building Your Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.