Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God (874 Views)

The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? / Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OkhaiAsein(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
People have tried to address this issue to this present day but to no aveil, I believe in God and his existence but what bothers me is this two main religion deity
“Allah.” For most Muslims, Allah is the only God and therefore must be the same God as the one that the Jews and Christians worship. Similarly, for some Christians, Allah is just another name for the one God of the universe. For others, however, the Muslim Allah and the biblical Yahweh are contradictory and cannot refer to the same being, for, they say, “how can the God of Muhammad be the Father of Jesus Christ?” The question before us, then, is whether the terms “Allah” and “Yahweh” are just two names for the same God, or are they referring to different Gods? (And since there can only be one true God, the ultimate question is, “if they are different, which one is the true God?”)
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by budaatum: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
They refer to different understandings of the same entity and neither is a perfect understanding. Its like two Bible readers can have contradictory understandings of what they read as writers too may contradict themselves.

Problems arise when one tries to believe instead of understand the implications and ramifications of what one has read. The gravest error is in replacing the image (the books) for the God.

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
RELIGION is a contradiction
BIBLE is a contradiction
SCRIPTURES are a pile of contradictions
PREACHER himself is a contradiction

2 Likes

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by karo93: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
To be plain..... Chritianity Judaism and Islam all worship the same God. The God of Abraham.

The issue of whether one group missed some updates or downloaded viruses along the line is the bone of contention here.

Every group believes that the other group has failed to download the latest updates of the God of Abraham and has downloaded all sorts of viruses. Thus their teachings, beliefs, mode of worship and practices differ greatly

Either way all three religions worship the God of Abraham.

1 Like

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
@OP, they cannot logically worship the same God, and God is not as illogical as men like to pretend that He is.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OkhaiAsein(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
upon all this comments. still no tangible answer

1 Like

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
upon all this comments. still no tangible answer
What tangible answer do you want? obvious that the two of them cannot be the same God, because that would make God like men who lie and change their minds.

Since God is not a liar and He does not change His mind, then it follows that Yahweh and Allah are names that refer to different deities, the one an idol created in the image of the other.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by budaatum: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
@OP, they cannot logically worship the same God, and God is not as illogical as men like to pretend that He is.
But they do worship the same God! Just in different ways. Or you might as well argue Catholics don't worship the same God as Baptists.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

But they do worship the same God! Just in different ways. Or you might as well argue Catholics don't worship the same God as Baptists.
But they don't! That's the point.

It is easier than you think to worship an idol made in the image of God.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by budaatum: 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What tangible answer do you want? obvious that the two of them cannot be the same God, because that would make God like men who lie and change their minds.
I would not go as far as saying God lies, but God most certainly does change mind, thank God.

If not, we'd have all been [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%206:5-7&version=NIV]wiped from the face of the earth[/url]!
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by budaatum: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But they don't! That's the point.

It is easier than you think to worship an idol made in the image of God.
But they most certainly do. And most worship the image of God that they manage to have created in their heads. That's why a Christian would call Christian you a non-Christian. You don't fit the image of God that they have created in their head.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

I would not go as far as saying God lies, but God most certainly does change mind, thank God.

If not, we'd have all been [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%206:5-7&version=NIV]wiped from the face of the earth[/url]!
God is true and His word Truth. And Truth has no contradictions in it( logic)

So the lies are not His but we know man lies....
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

But they most certainly do. And most worship the image of God that they manage to have created in their heads. That's why a Christian would call Christian you a non-Christian. You don't fit the image of God that they have created in their head.
Yep! And that is why many never experience the true God because of the many bloody images we create of Him, instead of allowing God be God all by Himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by budaatum: 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
God is true and His word Truth. And Truth has no contradictions in it( logic)

So the lies are not His but we know man lies....
Those contradictions you mention are precisely of human making, and you'd find we've made them while writing the God books we read. You'd even find them amongst books in the Bible, but I'm sure we'd agree God is not the Book.

We humans tend to think our version is the godly truth and that of others is the lie, but I love how Jesus taught us not to commit the sin of hubris.

“[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2018:9-14&version=NIV]I tell you[/url] that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

Those contradictions you mention are precisely of human making, and you'd find we've made them while writing the God books we read. You'd even find them amongst books in the Bible, but I'm sure we'd agree God is not the Book.
The Bible is definitely fallible. What is truth though is the word of God . The words out of the mouth of God- that is what matters most.

budaatum:

We humans tend to think our version is the godly truth and that of others is the lie, but I love how Jesus taught us not to commit the sin of hubris.

“[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2018:9-14&version=NIV]I tell you[/url] that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Jesus was the way to God for me, and it took obedience, prayer to open that door of communication between God and my person...exactly as Jesus Christ stipulated over 2000 years ago.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by budaatum: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Bible is definitely fallible. What is truth though is the word of God . The words out of the mouth of God- that is what matters most.
That may very well be the case, but I'm sure you'd agree that the ears of humans are not as infallible as God's mouth. And then there's a certain being called satan who loves always getting in the way.

A reason for humility, I think, that which a certain Pharisee lacked.

1 Like

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OtemAtum: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
Allah and Yahweh are two separate gods, although in the long past, they formed a bond together before they had a fight. Currently they are both in a spiritual cage where the gods of science had subjected their consciousness to.

1 Like

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
OtemAtum:
Allah and Yahweh are two separate gods, although in the long past, they formed a bond together before they had a fight. Currently they are both in a spiritual cage where the gods of science had subjected their consciousness to.
You mean like this, grin

1 Like

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Jul 14, 2020
budaatum:
That may very well be the case, but I'm sure you'd agree that the ears of humans are not as infallible as God's mouth. And then there's a certain being called satan who loves always getting in the way.
There ears? More like their hearts.
To this day, I have a fear of rendering God's words erroneously; I still fear injecting my own delusions into His teaching, becoming like the many so-called MOGs who have aided Christianity in its shift away from God's true message.
What does God say when I panic? He says the same thing He has been saying for so long, "Trust me".

It is all about how much we are willing to depend on Him as our source and our guide in all things.
budaatum:
A reason for humility, I think, that which a certain Pharisee lacked.
The Pharisees of the old days, the Pastors/Bishops/Priests/Prophets/GOs/Deacons/MOG our day!

1 Like

Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OkhaiAsein(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Pls don't blaspheme .. Bible is inspired by God its the word of God written by men.. if the Bible is so contradictive and fallible it wont have sold millions of copies worldwide.. without the bible I'm sure we wouldn't know the right path to God by now
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

Pls don't blaspheme .. Bible is inspired by God its the word of God written by men.. if the Bible is so contradictive and fallible it wont have sold millions of copies worldwide.. without the bible I'm sure we wouldn't know the right path to God by now
Every book. Knowledge in the world is inspired by God because the knowledge of Good and Evil belongs to God.

The bible, like any other book out there is inspired, and it is fallible since it was written by men in the language of men for men.

The only truth to be found in that book is the Word of God i.e. every Word that comes out of the mouth of God Himself( Either directly, or through His prophet, or Jesus Christ). All others words are words of men and hence fallible .
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The bible, like any other book out there is inspired, and it is fallible since it was written by men in the language of men for men
I still disagree with you on that part
We also believe that there is sufficient evidence that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. The Scriptures themselves testify, “All Scripture is God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16). If they contain error, then one must call it God-inspired error.

This is totally incompatible with the nature of God as revealed in the Bible. For example, Titus 1:2 says God cannot lie. John 17:17 says, “Thy word is truth.”

Examples could be multiplied. The testimony of Scripture is clear. God used fallible men to receive and record His infallible Word so that it would reach us, correct and without error. Sounds difficult? With our God, it’s not. As He said (Jeremiah 32:27,) “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

I still disagree with you on that part
We also believe that there is sufficient evidence that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. The Scriptures themselves testify, “All Scripture is God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16). If they contain error, then one must call it God-inspired error.

This is totally incompatible with the nature of God as revealed in the Bible. For example, Titus 1:2 says God cannot lie. John 17:17 says, “Thy word is truth.”

Examples could be multiplied. The testimony of Scripture is clear. God used fallible men to receive and record His infallible Word so that it would reach us, correct and without error. Sounds difficult? With our God, it’s not. As He said (Jeremiah 32:27,) “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”
What evidence do you have to support your claim that the Bible is itself infallible? undecided

Are you trying to somehow implicate Paul there when you claim that Timothy 3 vs 16 means the entire Bible is God breathed?

God's truth is what reached you without error, not the entire Bible. The word of God Himself written in it is truth but be sure you will find untruths in the rest that consists of the words of men.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What evidence do you have to support your claim that the Bible is itself infallible?

God's truth is what reached you without error, not the entire Bible. The word of God Himself written in it is truth but be sure you will find untruths in the rest that consists of the words of men.
Well I will also say to you what evidence do u have that the Bible itself is fallible, because it was written by man?..Remember, God didn’t tell you the Bible is infallible, the men who wrote it did, God was in watch when it was written.. butvwho else would have written it. You mean the angels.. no man.. the Bible is the word of God we have to obey the angels don't need it cus they have been with God since...
See The phrase, “word of God,” is found some forty-four times in the New Testament (ASV)
“No prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

- 2 Peter 1:21
The Bible cant contradict itself its the people that have low understanding. You just have to study it with the guidance of the holy spirit.
Re: Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What evidence do you have to support your claim that the Bible is itself infallible?

Well I will also say to you what evidence do u have that the Bible itself is fallible, because it was written by man?..Remember, God didn’t tell you the Bible is infallible, the men who wrote it did, God was in watch when it was written.. but who else would have written it. You mean the angels.. no man.. the Bible is the word of God we have to obey the angels don't need it cus they have been with God since...
See The phrase, “word of God,” is found some forty-four times in the New Testament (ASV)
“No prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

- 2 Peter 1:21
The Bible cant contradict itself its the people that have low understanding. You just have to study it with the guidance of the holy spirit.

(1) (Reply)

16 Sexual Perversions God Detests. / A Team Heading To Hell By Femi Oyewale / Apostle Suleman’s Miracle Alert: Real Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.