Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) (540 Views)

Israel Is AFRICAN LAND, And Yahweh Is Clearing It Up For Our Return / Allah And Yahweh; Why Are They Contradictive If Really They're The Same God / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by SimplePlan34: 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
SimplePlan34:
Fs
Instead YHWH is the name given by God to His Old Covenant Ĺaw which He gave to His people Israel in the Kingdom of Canaan, through His servant Moses. In the same way that Jesus Christ is the Name given by God to His New Covenant which He makes with individuals who would chose to accept Him and the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Blakjewelry(m): 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Instead YHWH is the name given by God to His Old Covenant Ĺaw which He gave to His people Israel in the Kingdom of Canaan, through His servant Moses. In the same way that Jesus Christ is the Name given by God to His New Covenant which He makes with individuals who would chose to accept Him and the Kingdom of God. undecided
Lol you have a phone, google Yahweh and elohim
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Lol you have a phone, google Yahweh and elohim
I don't need to as what I stated is as stated in scripture. undecided
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Blakjewelry(m): 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
abeg no vex, I forgot you Walk by faith not by sight
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blakjewelry:
abeg no vex, I forgot you Walk by faith not by sight
Nah! Instead you refuse to process what is being told you is the problem here. undecided

The Christian God is as defined in scripture - that is where even Google gets its knowledge of Him from, is it not? And in scripture, the name YHWH is defined as a name associated with God through His Law same as the name Jesus Christ is associated to God through another one of His Laws - different Laws but the same God. undecided

So to assume a merger between an external being named El to one of God's Laws, YHWH, you at least need to be able to show a connection in fact exists between that being and the Law which is what the video fails to do as it assumes YHWH to refer directly to God Himself. undecided
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nah! Instead you refuse to process what is being told you is the problem here. undecided

The Christian God is as defined in scripture - that is where even Google gets its knowledge of Him from, is it not? And in scripture, the name YHWH is defined as a name associated with God through His Law same as the name Jesus Christ is associated to God through another one of His Laws - different Laws but the same God. undecided

So to assume a merger between an external being named El to one of God's Laws, YHWH, you at least need to be able to show a connection in fact exists between that being and the Law which is what the video fails to do as it assumes YHWH to refer directly to God Himself. undecided
I didn't even take a look at the video sef. You are making your argument based on what you read in the bible and the bible is just an extension or part of a larger Jewish texts. Experts in ancient Jewish language will agree that Yahweh and elohim are two separate entity which are also part of larger group of gods been worshipped by the cannanite family of which the Jews are a part of in ancient times before they were merge together as one deity. You know you know because of you read your Bible of which I doubt if you did cover to cover. I was once in your shoes, but the difference is I was more passionate because I wanted more. In searching for the truth you will discover more than what you bargain for. While it is a common misconception the most developed countries are atheistic in nature because they are working for the devil, the truth is they love to test all knowledge. I even the Israelites with with their rich archeological finding believes most of the tales are myth but African people believes they are now ordained to preach, it is more a baby trying to explain the world to an adult

1 Like

Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blakjewelry:

I didn't even take a look at the video sef. You are making your argument based on what you read in the bible and the bible is just an extension or part of a larger Jewish texts. Experts in ancient Jewish language will agree that Yahweh and elohim are two separate entity which are also part of larger group of gods been worshipped by the cannanite family of which the Jews are a part of in ancient times before they were merge together as one deity. You know you know because of you read your Bible of which I doubt if you did cover to cover. I was once in your shoes, but the difference is I was more passionate because I wanted more. In searching for the truth you will discover more than what you bargain for.
This isn't about the bible per say since YHWH is defined in the pentateuch which is pretty much the same in Jewish talmud(I hope I didn't mix that up at all). undecided

And you have never been in my shoes this since the message I keep repeating particularly regarding the identity of YHWH keeps going over your head there. undecided
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by LordReed(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:

That was written by men that made obvious mistakes and out right fabrications, the bible isn't error free so your assertion holds no water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by sonmvayina(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This isn't about the bible per say since YHWH is defined in the pentateuch which is pretty much the same in Jewish talmud(I hope I didn't mix that up at all). undecided

And you have never been in my shoes this since the message I keep repeating particularly regarding the identity of YHWH keeps going over your head there. undecided

Kind of,

The pentateuch or Torah gives the laws the Talmud explains how it should be applied....and also gives some back stories..

The Tanakh mentions so many Gods ranging from Enlil to Enki to Anu and Marduk. ...there where minor mentions of Ninghiszida, ninurta, Negel(moloch), inanna(the queen of heaven) and yaweh and asherah.

But the yeweh is one of the 70 sons of Enlil that has asherah as his consort.

Well, the jews worshiped Marduk who happens to be the creator of all the gods and man. He gave all the other gods their station and domain....

The Hebrew word for Marduk is Hashem.

They don't even mention the name, they use "lord" except during prayers inside the temple...
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by sonmvayina(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
LordReed:

That was written by men that made obvious mistakes and out right fabrications, the bible isn't error free so your assertion holds no water.

Full of propaganda..
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
"El" is the short form of Elohim which means "God"
"Yahweh" is the personal name of the God of Israel! smiley
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
LordReed:
And this view of yours changes any of what I stated so far in this discussion how? undecided

Spare me the useless tidbits from now on please. undecided
Re: The Merger Of Two Gods ( El And Yahweh) by LordReed(m): 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And this view of yours changes any of what I stated so far in this discussion how? undecided

Spare me the useless tidbits from now on please. undecided

LoL! Gotta love how pointing out facts triggers y'all. Na men, I will be here to call out misinformation wherever I see it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Mark Angel Making A Joke Out Of The Death Of Christ Is Not Funny. / Alleged Blasphemy, Christians Stage Peaceful Protest In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.