Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War (1591 Views)

Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra / Another Girl Narrowly Escapes Being Lynched In Sokoto- Pic And Video / Uche Nwosu Attracts Unusual Crowd During Local Government Tour in Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by LaboPolitics: 2:54am On Jul 26, 2020
freeborn02:

You should be more concerned about the reliability of the president to deliver in his promises than the tribe of the president

Every tribe has potential presidential materials who can deliver especially the 60+ million strong Igbo ethnic group.
We are no longer going to be deceived by that 'let's forget about tribe' hypocrisy and grandstanding.

Zoning meanings 'turn-by-turning' and it is the rightful for the East to do their turn before yoruba do theirs because the yorubas have taken their turn and must have to wait.
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by babyfaceafrica: 5:00am On Jul 26, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Every tribe has potential presidential materials who can deliver especially the 60+ million strong Igbo ethnic group.
We are no longer going to be deceived by that 'let's forget about tribe' hypocrisy and grandstanding.

Zoning meanings 'turn-by-turning' and it is the rightful for the East to do their turn before yoruba do theirs because the yorubas have taken their turn and must have to wait.
.. You have a point, however when will jukun, ebira, nupe, isoko and other 250 tribes take their turn?... No be only three tribes dey Naija now
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by LaboPolitics: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
.. You have a point, however when will jukun, ebira, nupe, isoko and other 250 tribes take their turn?... No be only three tribes dey Naija now

Yes let all tribes produce as long as my own tribe takes it's rightful turn. Since the yorubas have produced, the Igbos should take their turn, then, the Jukun, and other 250 tribes. I know the yorubas to be very patient people, they'll be ready to wait for 250 X 8years before it gets to them.

Everybody is marginalized in Nigeria, I'm sure the yorubas won't complain.
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by freeborn02: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Where is"zoning" in the constitution
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by LaboPolitics: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2020
freeborn02:

Where is"zoning" in the constitution
Where was it when OBJ a yoruba became president by contesting against another yoruba even though he wasn't the best nigeria had to offer? Because the country wanted to pacify yorubas. A priviledge that yorubas now seek to deny the East.

Oga zoning will only be deactivated if yoruba continue their foolery of standing against a presidency of Igbo extraction because they want enjoy taunting, mocking and insulting the East. At that point the East will resolve to also keep it away from yorubas and keep in the North.

I have come to understand that showing weakness to yorubas and many Nigerians will only buy you a 'fake sympathy' at best. Showing your strenght and how to wield it ferociously will get you the respect you deserve, but will also come with envy in the package. I prefer the latter.
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by freeborn02: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Where was it when OBJ a yoruba became president by contesting against another yoruba even though he wasn't the best nigeria had to offer? Because the country wanted to pacify yorubas. A priviledge that yorubas now seek to deny the East.

Oga zoning will only be deactivated if yoruba continue their foolery of standing against a presidency of Igbo extraction because they want enjoy taunting, mocking and insulting the East. At that point the East will resolve to also keep it away from yorubas and keep in the North.

I have come to understand that showing weakness to yorubas and many Nigerians will only buy you a 'fake sympathy' at best. Showing your strenght and how to wield it ferociously will get you the respect you deserve, but will also come with envy in the package. I prefer the latter.

You just showed that most of your hatred against the Yorubas are furled by lies and baseless claims.

How is the Yorubas denying the East of becoming president? I hope you have evidence to back this up? I hope it isn't one of the lies you have swallowed without thinking because it makes you look like the victims and you love feeling like victims?
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by LaboPolitics: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2020
freeborn02:

You just showed that most of your hatred against the Yorubas are furled by lies and baseless claims.

How is the Yorubas denying the East of becoming president? I hope you have evidence to back this up? I hope it isn't one of the lies you have swallowed without thinking because it makes you look like the victims and you love feeling like victims?

I didn't say 'denied', I said you yoruba stand against a president of Eastern extraction. You've done so since 1970s because you believed that since the ceasefire after the civil war, you yorubas alone should get all the political goodies and appertunances therewith that is accruable to south.

May we not forget, the aetiology of the debate between you and I is that you quoted me and tried to play the usual yoruba grandstanding prank by insinuating that 'we should all forget about tribe'. The usual preaching you always do when you want to deceive people after taking your share.
It won't work anymore, so die it.
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by freeborn02: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
LaboPolitics:

I didn't say 'denied', I said you yoruba stand against a president of Eastern extraction. You've done so since 1970s because you believed that since the ceasefire after the civil war, you yorubas alone should get all the political goodies and appertunances therewith that is accruable to south.

Do you have any evidence to prove any of these? Or is it an offshoot of your usual palm wine joint , drunkenness- and ignorance-induced tales?
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
Lagos ? that we are landlords taa yoruba no get levels for Lagos run Comot from here

When the time comes, we will know the landlord...I'm sure you know that State Government is the true owner of all land according to law......it is a loan to an individual or cooperate bodies for 100 years.....
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gforce2015:

When the time comes, we will know the landlord...I'm sure you know that State Government is the true owner of all land according to law......it is a loan to an individual or cooperate bodies for 100 years.....
to detect a lazy man is not rocket science ,Yoruba if you are counting on that believe Lagos may not even be in the hands of pure Yorubas but mixed ones just like the usa
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
Where was ngige and other stupid riff raff from the east at that time.

Yoruba all the way
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Muna4real(f): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
BlackfireX:

This is what the north fears, this is what the western power fears...that an African country can uplift the continent, and make Africa great again...

Only if the yorubas and igbos can see this.... We have the world to conquer, not just Africa or present day Nigeria

The both of you are dreaming. Wake up from your slumber
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
to detect a lazy man is not rocket science ,Yoruba if you are counting on that believe Lagos may not even be in the hands of pure Yorubas but mixed ones just like the usa

I'm sure you know what is happening to your Nyamiri people, properties and businesses in the neighboring countries......africans are peculiar in their governance....if you know, you know....

we are waiting for your actualization of the BIAFRAUding Republic and then, you will know that there is always a wall of difference between the son of the soil and son of Cain (fugitive and Vagabond)

Your presence in any community, towns, State, and countries contributes more woes than the benefits thereof...
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Muna4real(f): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
MICHEALADEX:
Where was ngige and other stupid riff raff from the east at that time.

Yoruba all the way

You talk as if Chris ngige knew the meaning of politics at that time. By then, he would have been a medical student.
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Brooklynsouth(f): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gforce2015:

I'm sure you know what is happening to your Nyamiri people, properties and businesses in the neighboring countries......africans are peculiar in their governance....if you know, you know....

we are waiting for your actualization of the BIAFRAUding Republic and then, you will know that there is always a wall of difference between the son of the soil and son of Cain (fugitive and Vagabond)

Your presence in any community, towns, State, and countries contributes more woes than the benefits thereof...
sometimes I blame your elders for not show showing you after life of Biafra exit I repeat ewedu land will be useless ,have you gone to the oil companies to see how majority of your brothers occupying positions in those firm ? I repeat Yoruba will be worse hit ...I leave with this thought in the case where Biafra exits, what will be the economic commodity that will stabblise your economy please I beg you don't say cocoa
Re: How Wole Soyinka Was Nearly Lynched In Enugu By An Irate Crowd During The War by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
sometimes I blame your elders for not show showing you after life of Biafra exit I repeat ewedu land will be useless ,have you gone to the oil companies to see how majority of your brothers occupying positions in those firm ? I repeat Yoruba will be worse hit ...I leave with this thought in the case where Biafra exits, what will be the economic commodity that will stabilize your economy please I beg you don't say cocoa

Why are you sympathizing with the Yoruba Region that doesn't know maybe you exist...?
Why are you begging the issue..?

.okay, Yoruba people will be hit and your people and region will automatically turn to small London...abi?
You thought all blessings across the.leght and breathe of the world reside in your region needing nothing......you are always known as chest beaters, we are not chest-beaters like you people....despite the fact that our influences cut across the world....in terms of language, culture, religion, natural and human resouces, etc....we are known for humility and focus.
Lemme sounds it.to your astute mind and fussy brain...Yoruba people are uniquely bless
In your quest for balkanization, why do you want to forceful hijack Niger-Delta region?/ I guess it's because of their crude oil knowing fully well you will use the oil money to stabilize the highest degree of poverty that reside in your region.
Probably you have forgotten that you originated from a moldy and erosion ravaging region.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOS: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Hawul LGA, Southern Borno. / Enugu Forest Guard, Good Example For Igbos To Emulate / Biafra Nation :Ipob Killing Their Igbo Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.