Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto (62242 Views)

Helicopter Tour Of Downtown Toronto / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by BigTableShaker(f): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2020
ednut1:
grin some fishes na poison
All na food for blackman
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 20, 2020
Is it a fish market? angry
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by OBTOREPA(m): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2020
Give me invitation, i Want to come and see things for myself.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2020
For those ignorant folks that thinks sharks in general don't devour stinks with their ignorance.
Some species do.
10. A BULL SHARK MAY HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE FAMOUS NEW JERSEY SHARK ATTACKS OF 1916.
On July 1, 1916, a 25-year-old swimmer was bitten by a shark off the coast of New Jersey's Long Beach Island. Though a lifeguard managed to rescue him, the man died of blood loss. Five days later, a bell captain lost both legs in a shark attack near Spring Lake. He too died. Farther north, a boy and an adult man were killed by a shark in Matawan Creek on July 12. Within 30 minutes, a teenager was bitten less than a mile downstream, but he survived.

A[color=#990000][/color]ll five attacks have historically been pinned on a single 8-foot-long great white that was captured and killed on July 14 in Raritan Bay, just a few miles away from the Matawan attacks. Inside its stomach were human remains.
Source : https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/538474/facts-about-bull-sharks.
The ignorance with most people in Nigeria is thag a Caucasian would tell them A but they wouldn't research to know more, all they care is I have lived in Atlanta, I went to this in Canada.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by olujastro: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2020
Grgton:
Downtown!!

do we have downtown in Nigeria city
Yes we do. Different countries call it differently.
It's called Central Business District (CBD) in Nigeria, Australia; City Centre in Europe; and Downtown in North America.
Lagos Island is the CBD of Lagos, Abuja has a CBD as well; while other cities in Nigeria develop haphazardly.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by pocohantas(f): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2020
onyechez:
For those ignorant folks that thinks sharks in general don't devour stinks with their ignorance.
Some species do.
A BULL SHARK MAY HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE FAMOUS NEW JERSEY SHARK ATTACKS OF 1916.

—a 25-year-old swimmer was bitten by a shark off the coast of New Jersey's Long Beach Island. Though a lifeguard managed to rescue him, the man died of blood loss.

—Five days later, a bell captain lost both legs in a shark attack near Spring Lake. He too died.

—Farther north, a boy and an adult man were killed by a shark in Matawan Creek on July 12. Within 30 minutes, a teenager was bitten less than a mile downstream, but he survived.

ll five attacks have historically been pinned on a single 8-foot-long great white that was captured and killed on July 14 in Raritan Bay, just a few miles away from the Matawan attacks. Inside its stomach were human remains.
Source:https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/538474/facts-about-bull-sharks.

You should read what you wrote and educate yourself.

Now read all the highlighted parts slowly and tell me which one points to them being DEVOURED by those sharks. Having in mind that body parts were bitten off and it is only normal it takes a bite before realizing the victim isn’t its cuisine- what is abnormal about finding human remains in a shark? Were the remains and amputated limbs supposed to be in your own tummy? grin

You are trying so hard.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by ednut1(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2020
PaulH07:

Is that actually the Pacific?
nah, like a pool with wallpapers
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by ednut1(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2020
sphinx54:
Your phone is cheap angry
cost me 90k in slot. doesn't look cheap to me. abeg commit for here
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by ednut1(m): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Now read all the highlighted parts slowly and tell me which one points to them being DEVOURED by those sharks. Having in mind that body parts were bitten off and it is only normal it takes a bite before realizing the victim isn’t its cuisine- what is abnormal about finding human remains in a shark? Were the remains and amputated limbs supposed to be in your own tummy? grin

You are trying so hard.
lol. e don do o hahahaha
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by PaulH07: 11:31am On Jul 20, 2020
ednut1:
nah, like a pool with wallpapers

You mean it's an actual pool, or the wallpaper of a pool?
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by PaulH07: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Because most victim accounts would always say it bit them, took them down and left them. When it keeps coming back for same person, it goes against its natural behaviour. Whites are not like us that would assume it just wanted to eat you.

Marine spirit, Sir.

grin
Aiite
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by ednut1(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2020
PaulH07:

You mean it's an actual pool, or the wallpaper of a pool?
pool with wallpaper( the sky is wallpaper
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by biggy26: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Humans are not part of their ecosystem, especially a wandering human who is oblivious of the right mannerism around them cheesy. So, it is only normal they come for you.

However, the intention is never to eat you. They either mistake you for any of their usual prey or it is just defense/curiosity.

There have also been cases where shark attacks were traced to conditioning (shark feeding by divers). They attack innocent people who had no plans of feeding them. That is why some countries discourage such.

If you check most attacks, they hit once and back off. Repeated attacks on same individual is an aberration and would call for investigation.
Hmmm... means they are territorial most times. Thanks!
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by biggy26: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2020
onyechez:

Don't mind that person, it is lies, some species of shark naturally can eat humans, some would use you as food when hungry, don't be deceived. Some attack but upon knowing it is human it attacks and let go. Let be wise
My brother, loool!
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by pocohantas(f): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
ednut1:
lol. e don do o hahahaha

I like to deal with facts.
In fact #SharkLivesMatter grin
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by johnjon: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
onyechez:
Some species do.
10. A BULL SHARK MAY HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE FAMOUS NEW JERSEY SHARK ATTACKS OF 1916.
On July 1, 1916, a 25-year-old swimmer was bitten by a shark off the coast of New Jersey's Long Beach Island. Though a lifeguard managed to rescue him, the man died of blood loss. Five days later, a bell captain lost both legs in a shark attack near Spring Lake. He too died. Farther north, a boy and an adult man were killed by a shark in Matawan Creek on July 12. Within 30 minutes, a teenager was bitten less than a mile downstream, but he survived.

A[color=#990000][/color]ll five attacks have historically been pinned on a single 8-foot-long great white that was captured and killed on July 14 in Raritan Bay, just a few miles away from the Matawan attacks. Inside its stomach were human remains.
Source : https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/538474/facts-about-bull-sharks.
The ignorance with most people in Nigeria is thag a Caucasian would tell them A but they wouldn't research to know more, all they care is I have lived in Atlanta, I went to this in Canada.

In general, sharks do not eat humans..

Only about a dozen of the more than 300 species of sharks have been involved in attacks on humans. Sharks evolved millions of years before humans existed and therefore humans are not part of their normal diets. Sharks are opportunistic feeders, but most sharks primarily feed on smaller fish and invertebrates. Some of the larger shark species prey on seals, sea lions, and other marine mammals.

Sharks have been known to attack humans when they are confused or curious. If a shark sees a human splashing in the water, it may try to investigate, leading to an accidental attack.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by PaulH07: 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
ednut1:
pool with wallpaper( the sky is wallpaper

Oh! Thanks. Very creative...
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by helpfindbolu: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

You are trying so hard.
You're not providing any evidence to prove the link I posted wrong just blabbing.
In those highlighted parts, you can see the sharks bite off some part of their body part, but still went further to kill them " your claim earlier, you said a shark doesn't attack twice or so, even if it does there's an investigation. So who is saying the truth here?
You are rather trying so hard to proof your ignorance stinks.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
onyechez:

You're not providing any evidence to prove the link I posted wrong just blabbing.
In those highlighted parts, you can see the sharks bite off some part of their body part, but still went further to kill them " your claim earlier, you said a shark doesn't attack twice or so, even if it does there's an investigation. So who is saying the truth here?
You are rather trying so hard to proof your ignorance stinks.

1- Sharks can attack twice but it is an aberration.

1a) You may have to read my post again. They typically hit, but once they establish it isn’t what they want, they let go. After causing damage of course.

2- Shark killed is different from shark DEVOURED. Sharks can very well kill.

2a) Once again, refer to my post. People die from complications of the attack, not because they were DEVOURED.

3- Since you are so good at doing research. I need you to go research on experiences of victims. Tell me how many of them the sharks kept pursuing after biting and dragging them to the ocean floor.

3a) For those it did that to, what was the factor responsible.

johnjon:

In general, sharks do not eat humans..

Sharks have been known to attack humans when they are confused or curious. If a shark sees a human splashing in the water, it may try to investigate, leading to an accidental attack. 

He is still gonna come argue this. Something must be wrong with that individual.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

You are trying so hard.
It seems am talking to a grade 1, if an animal want to get it's prey or kill, does it not attack first before devouring. Oh goodness.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by pocohantas(f): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
onyechez:

It seems am talking to a grade 1, if an animal want to get it's prey or kill, does it not attack first before devouring. Oh goodness.

Do you know anyone it DEVOURED?
Emphasis on devour, not KILLED.

Let me take you back to basics, yes it ATTACKS for various reasons including feeding, but it lets go when it realizes it was a wrong target.

SHARKS DO NOT EAT HUMANS! You have no research to prove this. Give it a rest dude!
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

1- Sharks can attack twice but it is an aberration.

1a) You may have to read my post again. They typically hit, but once they establish it isn’t what they want, they let go. After causing damage of course.

2- Shark killed is different from shark DEVOURED. Sharks can very well kill.

2a) Once again, refer to my post. People die from complications of the attack, not because they were DEVOURED.

3- Since you are so good at doing research. I need you to go research on experiences of victims. Tell me how many of them the sharks kept pursuing after biting and dragging them to the ocean floor.

3a) For those it did that to, what was the factor responsible.

He is still gonna come argue this. Something must be wrong with that individual.
Did I made any claim to ascertain that sharks in general devour humans? Some species do on certain conditions like being hungry, some don't. Some also do due to their nature of eating fleshed when come across in their abode.
Mugu na your papa and mama wey something dey wrong with. slowpoke, have been very lenient from start but it seems, it is insult that's your defense. Empty brain.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by pocohantas(f): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
onyechez:

Did I made any claim to ascertain that sharks in general devour humans? Some species do on certain conditions like being hungry, some don't. Some also do due to their nature of eating fleshed when come across in their abode.
Mugu na your papa and mama wey something dey wrong with. slowpoke, have been very lenient from start but it seems, it is insult that's your defense. Empty brain.

I haven’t even insulted you, you have been doing all the insult. The specie in your imagination I suppose... Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Do you know anyone it DEVOURED?
Emphasis on devour, not KILLED.

Let me take you back to basics, yes it ATTACKS for various reasons including feeding, but it lets go when it realizes it was a wrong target.

SHARKS DO NOT EAT HUMANS! You have no research to prove this. Give it a rest dude!
How would I know? , for example I don't know the people bokoharam killed? I also don't know them personally? statistics.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
pocohantas:

I haven’t even insulted you, you have been doing all the insult. The specie in your imagination I suppose... Enjoy the rest of your day.
I didn't as well, the specie is your imagination. Enjoy the rest of your years.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by GalPissetzky: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
galpissetzky bro na only when i come back to naija i fit do anything.
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by gnykelly(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
meobizy:
It’s funny how even in developed nations Nairalanders still look hungry.

oloriburuku
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Richdee1(m): 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
grin
gnykelly:

oloriburuku
grin
gnykelly:

oloriburuku
He said the truth naa
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by gnykelly(m): 3:16am On Jul 21, 2020
Richdee1:
grin grin
He said the truth naa
which truth show us your picture and his own
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by Abuja2canada: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2020
sphinx54:
Your phone is cheap angry

He just needed to clean the lens... The picture isn't clear don't mean the phone is cheap undecided undecided
Re: A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto by ednut1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
Abuja2canada:

He just needed to clean the lens... The picture isn't clear don't mean the phone is cheap undecided undecided
you dey mind all these guys. not every one is camera savvy or knows how to snap lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keke NAPEP In Benin City Pictured / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.