Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo (367 Views)

2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye / Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve / Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2020
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said everything he did while in office was in the best interest of the country rather than for his personal gains.
He also said those who claimed that he did nothing for the South- West or the Yoruba were wrong.
The ex- President said he remained worried that despite Nigeria’ s enormous potential for greatness, steps were not being taken to translate that potential into reality .
Obasanjo said these in an interview with The Point Newspaper , published in the tabloid ’s Monday edition .
Obasanjo said , “ People who worked with me, it doesn ’ t matter where they come from , they remember what we did together. There is no question of favouritism, there is no question of , yes, this is my kith and kin. There is no question of this is my personal interest. I never say that we didn ’t make mistake or we are perfect , but whatever mistake we made was a genuine mistake. It wasn’ t a mistake we made as a result of selfishness. ”
Reacting to the claim that he neglected the Yoruba while in office, Obasanjo said , “ Some Yoruba have come to me and said you didn’ t do enough for the Yoruba. I said , ‘Yes , did I do for Nigeria?’ They said , ‘ You did?’ I asked , is Yoruba not part of Nigeria? If I did as I could for Nigeria and Yoruba are part of Nigeria, then I have done for the Yoruba as well as I have done for Igbo, Hausa and so on. I think that must guide us.
“ The point you must bear in mind is that this country can be a great country . We have everything to make this country great . And that is what always worries me. When you see what we can do , how to do it, and we are not doing it . That is really unfortunate.
“ Can we get there? I believe we can . All we need is one generation of consistency in leadership , we will be there. That is what we need. We need one generation of right leadership consistently .”
Obasanjo advised the current leadership of the country to be inquisitive about what is going on around them, instead of shutting their doors .

source: https://punchng.com/as-president-i-didnt-pursue-personal-interest-obasanjo/
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by ThiagoKid(m): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2020
OBJ himself
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by SmartProf(m): 9:33am On Jul 14, 2020
How about your third term failed interest? Saint OBJ we salute you o...if u had done exactly like you are saying, why didn't we become like Singapore under Lee Kwan Yew. You think you are talking to children who wear pampers? Nonesense.
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by Professorcplus(m): 9:36am On Jul 14, 2020
Betweens Politicians and devil, who lie pass
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by ThatFairGuy: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2020
Yes, everyone can attest to this. Even, you don't favour your tribe (Yorubas). You probed(victimize) Yorubas during your tenure much more than any other tribe. Tafa Balogun comes to my mind.
Though, you're an election RIGGER.
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by IamWonderful: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2020
Ok so say all
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by Johnkay01: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2020
Obasanjo during his tenure did not listen nor read home news for the reason best known to him.
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by EngineerBode: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2020
OBJ you try jare

Other presidents since are doing anyhow

During OBJ tenure, all regions enjoyed fairness
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by ifytrik(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2020
Chai! Obasanjo, Odi ka obu maka n'joronjo karia umunne gi nine mere nne gi na nna gi jiri kpo gi obasanjo, ijoro njo etu ndi afonja si ajo njo. For those that doesn't understand igbo, i said obasanjo and yoruba/afonja leaders are the best politicians in this country grin grin grin
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by JAMO84: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2020
He didn't deny the accusation of not doing anything for the Southwest. Obasanjo's presidency was a waste of SW time in aso rock.

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by masterflowx(m): 10:07am On Jul 14, 2020
R
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by nijabazaar: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Please, i deal with 3D models and vfx stuff check out my stuff.

contact me via whatsapp for more details and enquiries: 09051675421

1 Like

Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by saaron(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2020
That cannot be said for buhari and his fulani terrorist regime.

ONE NIGERIA DOES NOT EXIST!
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by monarck: 10:14am On Jul 14, 2020
One of the best
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by jlinkd78(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2020
Buhari ineptitude and cluelessness has made OBJ to be a hero
Re: As President I Didn’t Pursue Personal Interest – Obasanjo by festacman(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2020
Obj

(1) (Reply)

Lagos( South West) Seem To Be The Safest State In Nigeria Depite The Huge Popula / We Will Resist APC Federal Might In Edo - PDP Vows / COVID-19: FCT Lifts Ban On Market Operational Days, Gives Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.