Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye (1263 Views)

I Have No Issues With Tinubu; He Is Somebody I Regard As A Father - Peter Obi / 2023: Osinbajo Has Backstabbed Tinubu, He Will Do Same To Buhari - Reno Omokri / FFK: It Is Over For Tinubu. He Has Been Retired From Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by pinkPUSSY(f): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
The Leader, Yoruba Nation Self-Determination Struggle, Prof Banji Akintoye, on Thursday, claimed that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu’s ambition was for “personal interest”.

He said with his “emilokan” which meant “I am the next person” statement, it was obvious Tinubu’s mission to become Nigeria’s president was personal and not for the welfare of the Yoruba people.

Akintoye, who is a Professor of History, disassociated himself from an interview he granted two years ago where he had endorsed Tinubu for president, saying the former Lagos State governor was contesting at the wrong time.

In a statement on Thursday, Akintoye clarified that he is not endorsing Tinubu and would not vote for the former governor during next year’s election.

Close

The self-determination group leader also chided other Yoruba politicians seeking elective offices, saying they were doing so at the expense of Yoruba people seeking emancipation to achieve the Yoruba Nation.

Related News
Atiku, Tinubu, Obi demand security beef-up, reject campaign suspension
Climate Change: Of church rats and poisoned sacrament
Campaign list: Excluded members given other roles - APC
According to him, I have no personal animosity towards any Yoruba person seeking election. But I am sorry for you. You are creating a legacy that your children’s children will be ashamed to know about very soon in the future of the world.

The statement read, “Our brother, Tinubu, you are fighting for yourself alone when your whole family is perishing. There is fire on our roof as a nation. It is unbelievable that any Yoruba man would do to his people what you are doing to our people now. You have been carrying around a video of an interview that I granted Alaroye in the campus of Obafemi Awolowo over two years ago. They asked me that if there was no struggle for self-determination and you want to recommend a Yoruba person for President of Nigeria, who would I recommend? And I said yes! If that is so, I would recommend Tinubu, without any hesitation. But that is if the times are right, the times are not right, you know, I do not endorse any Yoruba man, Tinubu or any other for any elected position, any position at all in Nigeria at this time. I stand fully and without looking back, with the Yoruba struggle for self-determination for our own country, for Yoruba nation now!

“That’s the truth of the matter. Dear Tinubu, please don’t deceive yourself. You cannot deceive our people. You think you can carry that kind of video around and deceive our people, our people are smarter than that. The world is watching you. Our history will judge that at a time when our nation needs to stand up and defend itself, you started to bring up an agenda. A personal agenda of your own before them. You are asking us to vote for you. We will not vote for you. Whether it is for the Presidency or the Senate or House of Rep or whatever, we will not vote for you. We would have taken our country out of Nigeria by then. So, we advise you now to return to your people. I am advising you now, return to your people and wash your soul clean. You are doing a thing that is unpardonable.

“Tinubu, you are destroying the Yoruba future. You are creating a legacy for yourself that your children’s children will be ashamed to know in the future. We ask you to return. You can still save yourself now and your future. We are determined to take our country. And I’m standing solidly with the young people who are running around trying to take their country. Oh! you might say they are fighting themselves, that’s what young people do everywhere. That does not mean that they don’t want their country, they want their country. And the Lord God, the creator of All Nations, has given them that country, and very soon, the Lord will deliver their country into their hands. Then it will be their duty to settle down and begin to do for their people the kind of government that Yoruba people have been giving to their people from the beginning of time, a government whose objective is the improvement of the life of the people of our nation.”

https://punchng.com/2023-tinubu-after-personal-interest-says-akintoye/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1666878688

lalasticlala Mynd44 Nlfpmod Nlfpmod seun

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by pinkPUSSY(f): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
If not that Tinubu is a candidate of a ruling party believe me nobody would have be talking about him... Tinubu doesn't really knw how sane Nigerians see him...

Well Let him keep enjoying his fame till feb when the reality must have hit him...

His doubts Must be cleared !!! undecided undecided

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Writer1(f): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
Fraud star

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by souilor: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
This man is buying trouble for himself

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Jagabanofafrica: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
We don hear you Prof

Tinubu is the next President
Yoruba lokan

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
Even the head of odudiwa terrorist has rejected the drug lord

Peter Obi is not contesting elections, he will drop out of the race latest December.

Atiku is coming

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Massiveglory: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
Double wahala.
Urchins, emilokans, the head of yoruba nation don ring bell of bitter truth.
Let the insult begin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by colorsofrainbow: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
souilor:
This man is buying trouble for himself
Una wey be Thiefnubuu agbero dogs wan kill am? shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Sakamaje: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
Anyone who wants to become Nigerian president must see beyond his ethnic group. Akintoye can never accept a Tinubu that doesn't support his Yoruba agitation which is understandable. But I doubt that Tinubu himself would welcome his endorsement, considering his secessionist ambition. It's like expecting Nnamdi Kanu coming out to openly endorse Peter Obi. I imagine that neither Peter Obi nor his Obidient supporters would welcome such an endorsement.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by ThEGodFaThErss: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
Baba Atiku, the head of Our Yoruba Odua nation has rejected Tinubu and endorsed peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Urheadmaster(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
ThEGodFaThErss:
Baba Atiku, the head of Our Yoruba Odua nation has rejected Tinubu and endorsed peter Obi.

Na so it suppose to be now

Obi-Datti to the rescue tongue undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Smithkafors(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
People who has suffered is supporting criminals because he or she is from their place….
Thanks Prof, history will remember you.

Ask yourself who will be in his cabinet if he manages to come through which we pray against.

The same set of people in buhari regime….FFK, festus, Bello etc

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by OkutaNla: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
The Baba is on record for praising a Tinubu presidency (in a Yoruba country). He is obviously a secessionist therefore it would be foolish to expect him to come out to openly support a Tinubu Nigeria presidency.

Any endorsement from him for Tinubu at this time would certainly be used against Tinubu by his detractors, as evidence that he's a sponsor of Yoruba secession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7--k5_iu0

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Clara663: 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
That's true

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Jflex07(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
Sane Nigerians know. Only his jobless urrchins support him because of mere crumbs. Las las he will be disgraced at the polls come February 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Ecos(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by JoeNL22(m): 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
The Leader, Yoruba Nation Self-Determination Struggle, Prof Banji Akintoye, on Thursday, claimed that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu’s ambition was for “personal interest”.

He said with his “emilokan” which meant “I am the next person” statement, it was obvious Tinubu’s mission to become Nigeria’s president was personal and not for the welfare of the Yoruba people.

Akintoye, who is a Professor of History, disassociated himself from an interview he granted two years ago where he had endorsed Tinubu for president, saying the former Lagos State governor was contesting at the wrong time.

In a statement on Thursday, Akintoye clarified that he is not endorsing Tinubu and would not vote for the former governor during next year’s election.

Close

The self-determination group leader also chided other Yoruba politicians seeking elective offices, saying they were doing so at the expense of Yoruba people seeking emancipation to achieve the Yoruba Nation.

Related News
Atiku, Tinubu, Obi demand security beef-up, reject campaign suspension
Climate Change: Of church rats and poisoned sacrament
Campaign list: Excluded members given other roles - APC
According to him, I have no personal animosity towards any Yoruba person seeking election. But I am sorry for you. You are creating a legacy that your children’s children will be ashamed to know about very soon in the future of the world.

The statement read, “Our brother, Tinubu, you are fighting for yourself alone when your whole family is perishing. There is fire on our roof as a nation. It is unbelievable that any Yoruba man would do to his people what you are doing to our people now. You have been carrying around a video of an interview that I granted Alaroye in the campus of Obafemi Awolowo over two years ago. They asked me that if there was no struggle for self-determination and you want to recommend a Yoruba person for President of Nigeria, who would I recommend? And I said yes! If that is so, I would recommend Tinubu, without any hesitation. But that is if the times are right, the times are not right, you know, I do not endorse any Yoruba man, Tinubu or any other for any elected position, any position at all in Nigeria at this time. I stand fully and without looking back, with the Yoruba struggle for self-determination for our own country, for Yoruba nation now!

“That’s the truth of the matter. Dear Tinubu, please don’t deceive yourself. You cannot deceive our people. You think you can carry that kind of video around and deceive our people, our people are smarter than that. The world is watching you. Our history will judge that at a time when our nation needs to stand up and defend itself, you started to bring up an agenda. A personal agenda of your own before them. You are asking us to vote for you. We will not vote for you. Whether it is for the Presidency or the Senate or House of Rep or whatever, we will not vote for you. We would have taken our country out of Nigeria by then. So, we advise you now to return to your people. I am advising you now, return to your people and wash your soul clean. You are doing a thing that is unpardonable.

“Tinubu, you are destroying the Yoruba future. You are creating a legacy for yourself that your children’s children will be ashamed to know in the future. We ask you to return. You can still save yourself now and your future. We are determined to take our country. And I’m standing solidly with the young people who are running around trying to take their country. Oh! you might say they are fighting themselves, that’s what young people do everywhere. That does not mean that they don’t want their country, they want their country. And the Lord God, the creator of All Nations, has given them that country, and very soon, the Lord will deliver their country into their hands. Then it will be their duty to settle down and begin to do for their people the kind of government that Yoruba people have been giving to their people from the beginning of time, a government whose objective is the improvement of the life of the people of our nation.”

https://punchng.com/2023-tinubu-after-personal-interest-says-akintoye/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1666878688

lalasticlala Mynd4 Nlfpmod Nlfpmod seun
The part he said, "It is the wrong time to be running for president" got me hooked. It's wat I have been saying all along. Don't mind all these paid urchins.......We the real, sane and enlightened Omoluabis' will never vote Amoda Ogunlere, baba should rest, Nigeria must be great again

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nigerian baby politicians and their ego. Amaechi confessed he is scared to enter his State because of Wike.

Is that the President Nigeria needs? While Tinubu was a deliberate and methodical politician, Osinbajo was drafted into politics.

There is nothing in his nature that indicates he would not have happily remained a comfortable middle class lawyer had he not met Tinubu.

Meanwhile Tinubu is a politicians Politician. A deliberate leader of leaders. He was a Senator in his late thirties.

He was fighting Abacha in an organised fashion, through NADECO, at an age most Nigerians today are still trying to decide what they want to do with their lives.

Amaechi, Osinbajo etal should drop ego and support Tinubu or they can get lost. How many battles have either won and what battle has Tinubu, who has faced more than most, lost?

Some will mention Obi. The coward was pleading with OBJ on his knees yet still got impeached. Tinubu not only stood up to OBJ but totally retrenched Obasanjo's influence, through the PDP, from the SW.

Nigerians are too petty and tribalistic. If not it will be obvious only Tinubu can weild power productively on behalf of the South today.

Buhari did same.on behalf of the North because he is authoritative and as iconically supported as Tinubu is.

Difference is that Tinubu is fairer, more tolerant,and more detribalised and more modern than Buhari. He will get more results than Buhari by far.

We should not waste the turn of the South indulging weakling any section of the country would bully with ease as happened to GEJ. Are we not ashamed at how terrorised Nigeria is becoming because North does not want to grant Nigeria modern and more effective policing and security architecture?

US, UK and European nations are evacuating their citizens from Abuja currently and we are still clowning around. The rescue mission belongs to Tinubu alone.

I am tipping Tinubu to be an Awolowo of today. A father of the rebirth of Nigeria. He will never fail.Unless of course death stops him.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by buckeyemedia: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Na so it suppose to be now

Obi-Datti to the rescue tongue undecided
2 runaway politicians from pdp because of political position? The sooner you stop deceiving yourself, the better for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by StrongandMighty: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Agbado can't be our president, it can never happen! The world will laugh at us!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Treasure17(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
It's the truth but the alatenuje Yorubas will disagree. He has nothing to offer that will move the country forward.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by buckeyemedia: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Agbado can't be our president, it can never happen! The world will laugh at us!
Will laugh at their own personal person that schooled @ The University of Chitown, Illinois?

Any day anytime, the powers that be at K Street Washington DC, or Wall Street New York City Will welcome Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of others anytime.
Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Illegal1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
His doubts Must be cleared !!! undecided undecided
by who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by buckeyemedia: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
Treasure17:
It's the truth but the alatenuje Yorubas will disagree. He has nothing to offer that will move the country forward.
It starts @ the unit, Almijiri move your life forward first, The President in Abuja cannot help you in that your Local Government.

Who is the Governor of your state, that is who is most important to you.

What did your State or Local Government add to the GDP of Nigeria?
Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by StrongandMighty: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Will laugh at their own personal person that schooled @ The University of Chitown, Illinois?

Any day anytime, the powers that be at K Street Washington DC, or Wall Street New York City Will welcome Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of others anytime.
You can make him president of your village union since you're so proud of him... He can't be president of Nigeria!
we sane Nigerians can't be a laughing stock in international community because of agbados ambition, never!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Illegal1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
Only God can stop tinubu frm wining dis election...
as 4 peter obi,he can't get more than 3 state..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Tochi3(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
Smokescreen from Akintoye

This should be paid attention to:

" They asked me that if there was no struggle for self-determination and you want to recommend a Yoruba person for President of Nigeria, who would I recommend? And I said yes! If that is so, I would recommend Tinubu " - Akintoye
grin grin This man is working for Thief'nubu .... Akintoye loves Sunday Igboho... The Connection between Thief'nubu and oduduwa agitators..

After Thief'nubu is disgraced in 2023 he will crawl back to his Oduduwa agitation ...he will look for and bring Sunday Igboho to lead the seccession for him when Nigerians in Feb. refuse his emilokan philosophy...

A man who never believed in one Nigeria...He now wants to use bullion vans to buy his emilokan to the presidency...

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by JOemmy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tinibu must really be a very bad person how can almost all prominent yoruba groups and personalities be rejecting him in this critical time? From opc to afenefere now to this respected yoruba elder even a heartless bloodthirsty buhari wasn't rejected by the north and it's elders when he was contesting. I really pity non yorubas who are campaigning for tinibu they don't have any idea the kind of calamity they want to bring on themselves and their generations yet unborn.
Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by LegendHero(m): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nice one Baba Akintoye.

Aesthetically it’s wrong for you to even support any politician in the first place because it will go against your ideology of Yoruba nation.

Jagaban is contesting for Nigeria presidency and no secessionist must be seen within his ranks.

However even within Baba Akintoye household, if a polling booth is there, Jagaban will win that polling booth.

Nice game play by Baba.
God bless Yorubaland.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Vulturereloaded: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by Uchek(m): 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
What is the fundamental difference between what Baba said about Tinubu's ambition, Yoruba nation and Nigeria compared to what you said about Yoruba nation and Nigeria this attached post of yours?

LegendHero:
Nice one Baba Akintoye.

Aesthetically it’s wrong for you to even support any politician in the first place because it will go against your ideology of Yoruba nation.

Jagaban is contesting for Nigeria presidency and no secessionist must be seen within his ranks.

However even within Baba Akintoye household, if a polling booth is there, Jagaban will win that polling booth.

Nice game play by Baba.
God bless Yorubaland.

Re: 2023: Don't Vote For Tinubu, He's After His Personal Interest: Prof Akintoye by ShowYourCertificate: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
You would wonder why this hasn't made frontpage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Wades Into Naira New Notes Scarcity / Top Wike Aide Abandons Obi For Bola Tinubu / Pictures Of Peter Obi's Visit To Abia State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.